THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORU

compose a reply
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 29, 2023 20:18:53 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 391 | notes
Miroru tilted her head at the mention of a disconnect, and listened closely, blinking. "You might be right. The previous Jinchuuriki held onto the Old Fox for... six years? And from what I've been told, I accomplished as much in six months as she did her whole time with the Old Fox. So if there's stuff beyond the first nine tails, I don't- really have anyone to talk to that can tell me about any of that. It's kinda just me, and the fox, and we didn't really get along all that great until after the exams. He likes me a little bit more since I won without using his powers. Or. Respects might be a better term than like. I don't think the Old Fox LIKES anybody."

The mention of separate levels left Miroru toppling over backwards, splayed across her sitting rock with an agonized groan. "You gotta be KIDDING ME..! Is THAT why there's nineteen of those little shrines?! I thought there were too many just cuz... I dunno, he liked'em or something, or maybe half were gonna be lit up when he liked ME more or something. That's-"

Miroru paused and sat straight up, eyes wide. "I'm not HALFway done. I'm not even a QUARTER of the way through what we can do together." Her eyes shifted rapidly, her brain clearly extrapolating what that meant. "Kiho-san, I'm- when I let myself off the leash, I'm already faster than -anybody I know-. And that's- that's just ONE of the- are you seriously telling me that there is MORE than DOUBLE what I've unlocked already STILL waiting?"

The fox just started to laugh. His first sincere, non-malicious laugh. It was prideful, sure, but it wasn't devious or denigrating this time. He was just delighted in her abrupt realization of how much power she had at her fingertips.

The redhead looked at Kiho, eyes wide and staggered. "I- okay. Um. Something else. Is-" She cleared her throat and blinked a few times. "Is yours like a judgy, cranky grampa too?"

Interesting way to pronounce "murderously bitter celestial beast" but it isn't... Inaccurate, child. You're learning to be respectful.

Good.

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on May 29, 2023 21:56:06 GMT -5
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 29, 2023 21:52:22 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday OCTOBER 5TH, -10SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation RAIKAGE BODYGUARD
Kiho's eyes widened briefly as she spoke of how little progress her predecessor managed to make in comparison to how much she'd accomplished in only six month. It begged the question, what's really going on in Konoha? The Leaf village was surely a powerful nation still, but it felt like over the years a lot of cracks begin to surface for the village. She could only hope the rest of their problems were being mitigated with Kunoichi like Miroru.

Nevertheless, it gave her another leg up on how much progress certain villages had made during her time as a Jinchuuriki. The only village she'd come to know that knew anything so far was Arashi. She of course pushed knowledge down to Kiho, and then she brought that knowledge to others. The identity of her tailed beast did not go without notice as she acknowledge them being an old fox. A 9 tailed fox. How cliche.

Oddly enough Chomei remained quiet, but she could feel the peace their normally carried being disturbed, but why? The way she spoke of him definitely reminded her of an old geezer, but there might have been more to it than just that. She couldn't tell if it was because of the girls overall growth, or if it somehow managed to have a sort of soft side because of her age. Regardless, she still seemed unfazed by its hard to please mentality.

Her excitement definitely gave her butterflies as it reminded her a lot of how she felt when she was learning all these things for the first time. She couldn't quite pinpoint if Miroru's feelings were the same or not, but all Kiho could think about was how happy she was to know others could understand her. Of course this girl seemed to be all in on the potential she had to look forward to and who could blame her.

She was obviously proving herself as a prodigy, especially since she didn't need to use their abilities during the exams which is a huge exponent to how all of them earned the respect of their respective Tailed Beast. When the conversation shifted to any questions she might have Kiho smirked as Miroru's body language shifted. "Grumpy old man you say.. Eeew. Definitely not what I was expecting, but no." Kiho added with a giggle.

"My friend is more like a... Hmm, a comedic monk. Terrible combination if you ask me, but it encompasses everything about the freedom they were once so use to having. Above all else they are friendly and very understanding. To my knowledge they are the nicest of them all." Kiho was thankful for that. Especially after all of the horror stories told to her by Arashi. However, according to Chomei there was one more worst than he.

Is this supposed to be a joke of some kind?

What do you mean Seven? Did I say something wrong.

It's.. It's like she's completely unaffected by his..

His what?

| AP has written 425 posts
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 29, 2023 22:33:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 223 | notes
"Yeah," Miroru replied vaguely. She seemed to remember the company she was in and grimaced a bit, and admitted, "That's... soft selling it a bit, but... I dunno. I just don't know how any of the others treat their pairings." She listened closely while Kiho shared about what sort of relationship she and her friend had, sighing a touch as she heard how pleasant it was in comparison. "Oh. That does sound... yeah. Nice."

What's the matter? Wish you had an insect crawling around in your soul instead? Pointless. Besides.

Imagine all those LEGS.

Miroru shivered, violently, all of a sudden, hugging her middle. "The Old Fox isn't very nice. But I understand why. He's been... just a prisoner. A tool. For so long. I don't want him to be that, I want to be better than a jailor for him, but... I can't NOT be that. And as long as I am that, it doesn't feel like he has much interest in anything else besides making sure I stay alive so he doesn't get shoved into yet another vessel so soon. He doesn't... like...

Anyone."
She's quiet a long moment.

MISSIONS
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 29, 2023 22:55:26 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday OCTOBER 5TH, -10SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation RAIKAGE BODYGUARD
The timing of her words were like a premonition to Chomei's sudden shift in feelings from the moment they recognized who they were standing before. She didn't expect the girls demeanor to changed so suddenly, and yet it had. She felt almost bad for the way she expressed her gratitude for the peace Chomei chose to give her. It was like she was gloating, even if that wasn't the point of it all.

Up until now it was hard to see what the Nanabi was so worried about, but now she could see it. The way she spoke reminded her a lot of how Arashi spoke of Shukaku back in her early days, but somehow. Somehow this moment still felt different. Chills begin to cover her surrounding as she not only explained bits of their personality, but also the circumstances they were being put through.

The reality of their positions had this way of always lingering within them, but to hear it come from a kid was different. Miroru, much like herself sympathized deeply with the Tailed Beast. Kiho still remembered the moment she and Chomei discussed why they refused to give her a hard time. Being fresh meat made it all the more easy to get out, but they understood the reality of what would happen if they did.

The pain they would endure trying to get out only to be captured all over again. Having a skilled Jinchuuriki for so long also made it easier to come to peace with this life they were being forced to live, but it still wasn't right. Kiho's eye shut for a moment as she took in every bit of the girls words while also letting it touch bases on her own experience with Chomei.

"If there is one thing I can say for certain? It's that this generations group of Jinchuuriki all seemed to grasp the depths of what this means to them.. I wish to grow as strong as I can be. Not for my village, but just so I can get them as close to freedom as possible without the fear of them being placed in the body of some Inhumane Shinobi."

"I feel for the both of you. I feel for the burden you must take to 'use' them for the sake of the village, and I feel for their loss of freedom at the hands of those who just simply wont stop fighting one another.. In the end, all we can do is become the peace the world will never let them have."

Kiho held on strongly to the words of Chomei as they spoke of the possibility of connecting so deeply that they could exist solely as themselves even with her as the host. Some details were lacking, but that moment of excitement she experienced in their minds-cape was more than enough motivation to learn more about them and to earn more of their respect.

There it is... That's the real them. All that, that pain..

Seven..
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUJun 1, 2023 21:21:30 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 307 | notes
"Yeah..? It hurts to think there's people they were paired with that didn't get it. That there were people that just... made them be weapons and nothing more, or- left them locked up inside someone who had nothing but fear or hate for them. Imagine the only person you ever see being someone that loathed you, or was so scared of you that it was insurmountable. It's... terrifying, if you let your mind wander that far. It gets worse layering it with the understanding that so much of who you should be is locked away and trapped because of the fears or greed of these tiny things..." Miroru rambled a little, but she seemed clear-minded, just... this was something she'd put a lot of thought into.

"I try to make it as pleasant as possible."

Miroru looked over towards Kiho and tilted her head. "What's it like? Inside you? Where your friend is? Is it peaceful there?"

Why do you care so much about the sort of cage that insect is inside of?

Because I want to know what all of the Bijuu experience. The shared things you all go through, as well as the unique things each of you face. You're not just... a ball of chakra with mean teeth and a penchant for fuzzy tails. I know your lock has specific things detailed to you that you must not appreciate, and I wonder what the others have to live with.

But WHY do you care?

... because you deserve better. And until I understand why these seals are the way they are, I can't fully start to seek that possibility.

There wasn't a response.

MISSIONS
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUSept 21, 2023 15:56:09 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
Between the other Jinchuuriki she'd come across, if any of the others from opposing villages were this wise then she was really going to have to step up her game. This girl was young, but even in comparison to someone like Koume; who was someone she considered a rather nice girl, Miroru definitely stood out considerably from a mature standpoint. Kiho wished she had her head on this straight when she first became the villages Jinchuuriki.

Hers words were strong, moving, and more importantly? Motivating. Kiho hadn't quite lost her edge, but she definitely took a breather, probably one a little too long now that she'd met Miroru. She had gotten the reason Chomei and herself bonded and why it was so important to her that she made this process thr least bit stressful as possible for them. Being a Tailed beast was no easy feat, but they were fortunate to have a great partner in Keisuke.

To leave a bond like that after arguably 2 decades to a stubborn over confident girl like her had to be a headcase. She was never mean, but being locked up in a cage was never an easy thing to begin with so any problems only made things worst. Kumogakure was lucky that Chomei was a passive beast. Otherwise they'd cause as much trouble as Shukaku did for Arashi when she was younger.

Kiho shook her head briefly out of her own thoughts when Miroru asked what it was like inside of Chomeis mindscape. It was a sight she'd never forget, and something she worked overtime to kind of overlook anytime she went to actually visit them in there.

Poor girl.. To be cursed with the burden of such a dark being.

You don't think that's kind of mean Chomei, you don't even know th--... Oh, Well, I guess you would wouldn't you..

"Well... It's effective.."

Kiho responded calmly while looking into the air. She'd do her best to avoid details as she hated the thought of how many times that swatter might have hit them in the past. "Lets just say its not spacious, and any attempt to leave it comes with severe consequences, but I'm sure your partner knows that too.."

She couldn't wait until she and Chomei bonded to a level where they no longer needed to be bound by the seal. Of course there was the fact that no one had ever accomplished such a feat before. Even Keisuke, but so far her pace was much further along than his own so he she hoped she might be the one to finally give them the freedom they deserve. Even if it was only part time.

"I think your partner is lucky to have someone like you. The best we can do as Jinchuuriki is give it our best to make their lives as peaceful as possible... Unfortunately it has taken this opportunity with you for me to realize how easy I've been taking it. If the enemy is any more mature than you are then we have to be at our absolute best. Not only for our Tailed Beat companions, but for our homes too."
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUSept 22, 2023 0:32:25 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 265 | notes
Miroru watched Kiho as she formulated her response. She got the impression the other girl didn't want to be untruthful, but nor did she feel comfortable sharing. She grimaced quietly at that. "Do... you think it has to do with the seal? You don't seem like you want to abuse your partner with a mean place to live..."

The redhead tilted her head back. "I don't know if anything bad happens to him if he tries to press his luck. He's- kinda just there. I think... if he really wanted out, he could cause a lot of trouble. I don't know if he's just... well sealed, or if there's pain or hurt involved." She got quiet a moment. "I hope not."

The idea of "the enemy" made Miroru sad immediately. "I- I know... I don't... like to think like that. I'd stand up and fight if someone came for me or my village, but to me, that feels more like a misalignment of priorities more than... enmity. Does that make sense..? I don't think I could want someone dead just cuz of who they are. Or even who they're working with. Because of things they'd done, sure, but... no. Definitely because of things they'd done. I've felt that. But it was what they DID that made us enemies. Is... that just being naive?"

A long moment of quiet. "Have... you fought other Jinchuuriki before..?"

MISSIONS
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUSept 27, 2023 13:54:27 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
"Mhm." Kiho added with a head nod. "The seal is exactly what is responsible for keeping them in that place. It's to prevent them--" Kiho paused moving her index fingers in a quotation like motion. "From getting out and attacking the people of the village etc etc, but my friend is different." Which they were. They didn't care to hurt a soul, they just wanted to get out and be free. "But you know how the higherups can be."

"They lived in a different time, and their knowledge comes from times even further back where these things happened, and their presence was... More needed?" Kiho added while rolling her eyes. It was something she thought about a lot, and ultimately it was something she learned to accept and let go just as Chomei did. So long as the Shinobi lands were at odds with one another and war loomed this would be the way things are.

While It seemed like Miroru's Tailed Beast wasn't the friendliest, they weren't actively trying to get away from her either, which was odd because Seven appeared to give off a totally different vibes. Maybe things had changed? Kiho would subtly shake her head as she was always respectful when it came to matters involving other tailed beast. Regardless, it was clear that she was worried about her Tailed Beast state of mind.

Kiho imagined they might just be really annoyed among other things. The personalities of them all seem to vary so there was no real assessment she could provide. Only the thoughts of her own Tailed Beast. "I hope not either." Kiho added while gently placing her hand across her seal with a weak smile on her face. The conversation ultimately take on a more mature and real world approach going forward.

Kiho listened quietly and patiently as she expressed her feelings on the matter. While she shared some of her feelings it was odd to Kiho that they'd chosen someone who appeared to be more on the passive side. That 'you need to show you're my enemy' versus 'doing what is being asked of me' side. It was interesting to see this because she did not get this vibe from the others.

That wasn't to say the didn't feel similar too, but the others all seemed to be on board with how things were versus what they wanted. After her sort of monologue silence overtook the moment as she waited to see if there was anything she wished to add. Then she asked if she'd ever fought another Jinchuuriki before. "Hmmm." Kiho paused as she thought of how she would split both of her responses.

"To your feelings in regard to conflict? I'd have to say you are naive. That isn't to say that I don't understand how you feel because to an extent I do, but.... That's not why we were chosen.." And that was just the truth. Feelings aside that was just the truth. They were weapons to be used at the discretion of the village. "We were chosen to be the main villages line of defense against opposing threats."

"Whether you like them or not, or whether they deserved what's coming or not... It wont matter if your powers are to be called upon. Of course leaders vary from village to village, but if other places had their way? They'd just extract them from you and place them with some asshole in their home. Then they'd have twice the power." Kiho added while shrugging her shoulders lightly.

She hoped that she wasn't coming off too forward, but she felt like from a Jinchuuriki perspective that what she was speaking on needed to be heavily considered. Kiho would never let anyone get their hands on Chomei. Not until she no longer possessed the strength to be its host. She honestly believed no one could care for them the way she did.

You don't think you're being too harsh are ya?

I am.. But I have to be, and I'll explain that to her when I answer her next question.

"As far as my experience with fighting one? Technically I have battled 2. The first time was because I lost control back in my earlier days as a host and needed to be put in check.. However, the other person I faced?" Kiho sighed gently as she looked into the sky with her eyes closed. "They're strong... Really strong. At the time I believe I was still stronger, and if I'm being honest?"

"I have a good feeling they've probably surpassed me despite learning their abilities from me..."

Ah, you're talking about Kame.. Well, Toru as we learned from Lady Raikage..

Right... Thee Mizukage.

"Their defensive capabilities surpass even my own, which is saying a lot if you'd ever fought against myself... Its thrilling, because they're the only ones who can match the power you have, but its frightening too, because you know if they're ever on the opposing side that it could ALSO be your end. Which means Tailed Beast gets free, or worst.. Extraction to the enemy. It's why it takes soo much trust for them to let us leave to do simple things, like this."
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUSept 27, 2023 15:42:10 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
Miroru's hand drifted to her side and rubbed absently at an old, nearly faded scar. "Y...eah. I know how they can be. I try to be understanding. It's gotta suck to direct all these people looking up to you, knowing some won't be coming back. So I get being tough on your best asset. I've been trying not to let them down. I think I'm doing okay."

The confirmation that she was, in fact, being naive made Miroru's face fall as she nodded in understanding. That wasn't a fun thought, but she took Kiho's word on it, even as she withdrew a little, her expression clouding as she imagined being ordered to unleash the Kyuubi's power on shinobi working for another village. Maybe ones just trying to get their own jobs done.

That wasn't a fun thought.

The idea of having the Kyuubi taken and used against her own village, though, clearly sparked a moment of sheer panic. Miroru had a taste of what the Fox could grant someone, and the mere momentary thought of those she knew and cared for being forced to face it due to her own failure cut her to the quick. "No! I'd never let them down like that. I can do things I don't like. But I'd never risk handing over the Fox to someone who'd use it against the village, the people, that I grew up with."

Miroru listened closely, nodding as she heard what was being shared. At the mention of "defensive capabilities," she tilted her head, clearly listening to that internal voice. "Ohhh.... that makes sense. He says you're talking about the turtle, right?" A moment of tilted head. "Which one helped calm you down? I've only met you and... uh... " She took a moment to think "Squeakers? The Masked Monster of Amegakure was what she called herself."

MISSIONS
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUSept 27, 2023 17:27:40 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
There was a lot of potential in the young woman standing before her. Like her Mentor Arashi, Kiho was glad that the Jinchuuriki currently on her side of the political table were mature and had what it took to be what they were tasked to be. Arashi Sensei was arguably the strongest Jinchuuriki around; well, at least that's what she hoped seeing as she had nearly complete control of all of Shukaku's ability.

Miroru's sensitivity would give her strength, and even though she might have had doubts now Kiho knew that when the time came she'd be ready to step up. She could see in those eyes of hers, and she could hear it in her voice. If this Fox really was the monster her Sensei alluded to then they were going to have a pretty long battle to fight out. This Miroru wasn't going to be letting them go anywhere.

Humph... I still don't trust them. They're entirely too smart to let such a.. Innocent girl tell them what to do..

Hmm, I don't know Seven, we us little girls can be charming when we want to. Just think of how close we are now right?

Yeah yeah yeah.. Just keep an eye on your seven.

"Uhm yeah... The turtle." Kiho answered slowly before remember why she'd know those details in the first place. "Of course you'd know." She'd add silently while gently rubbing her forehead before recalling a name she kept in her personal database after an incident that took place in Konoha.

"Oh yeah.. We never did get to talk about them in detail. I'd heard they got into some trouble involving those weirdos living in the storm country. Sounds like a bit of an ass if you ask me.." She'd add again while crossing her arms with a rather annoyed look on her face, but she was looking forward to hearing more about them nonetheless.

So far she'd met the 1 Tails, 3 Tails, 6 Tails, and now she'd finally met the infamous 9 tails Chomei wouldn't shut up about. The more data she could collect on them all the more prepared she could be against them worst case scenario while also using the added experience to help her relationship with Chomei grow.
last edit by Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ on Sept 28, 2023 15:15:05 GMT -5
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUSept 27, 2023 18:52:24 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 255 | notes
"I see, I see... makes sense that a turtle would have a hard shell. Anything interesting it can do? I haven't really seen anyone but you do something out of the ordinary. Squeakers just sorta showed up, bossed me around and chatted for a while before taking off. And I haven't met anyone else that I know of." She would, before long, but in the intensity of the Exams, she wouldn't realize she'd faced down and defeated the Five Tails Jinchuuriki until later.

"Trouble... hm. Are you supposed to stay out of trouble, like I am? Like, avoid exposing yourself unnecessarily, and stay where you've got backup and support so you don't get snagged and lose the Bijuu to some jerks from Iwagakure or who knows where?"

She seemed to realize she hadn't shared anything on her own side, so she offered, "I don't think the Old Fox does any specific special stuff like flying or anything, but he said he's got just. Boatloads of Chakra. And when we're working together, our elemental jutsus are pretty wild. Like I've got this really strong Raiton trick I can use? But when I'm using HIS chakra, it's just..." She whistled. Over the moon, she didn't know how to explain how much power her Zap Fist had when it was backed by the Ninetails Chakra Shroud.

MISSIONS
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUSept 28, 2023 16:12:02 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
"Oh.. Hmm, didn't expect that to be all.. As far as the turtle person goes? The only thing I really got from them is their unreal durability. I wish I got to test more of their defensive prowess, but being from other villages makes that pretty difficult." Kiho added rubbing her index finger and thumb against the midsection of her chin. "If I fought them now I'd probably see more, but I think we still held back on some things at the time."

Which was probably the truth. Couldn't give up too much information right? Got to leave something to the imagination, or maybe they just didn't want to destroy the terrain anymore than they already had. Anywho, the conversation didn't stay there long as she shifted into a little of what she mentioned in regard to this Mask Terror in Amegakure. "For the most part I think that you are correct, but there could be some other factors."

"Ultimately your leader will determine how much, or little you can do. If you are able to garner a high degree of control then you'll likely have more freedom, like me." Kiho added with a playful smile. "But, your leader also has to not be a scaredy cat too if you've proven yourself. From what I heard they captured, or kidnap, or did something with someone high value in Konoha."

Kiho could neither confirm or deny the full extent to what took place as that information wasn't completely available. Only that Amegakure seem to get the better of Konoha in whatever conflict took place. "Until recent I hadn't heard much about most of the other Jinchuuriki until I garnered control. Once I got around It seemed like most villages more recent picks for Jincuuriki have been upgrades over their predecessors."

"I get the feeling some big things will be happening soon, but I could be wrong." To which Kiho shrugged her shoulder just as Miroru was talking about some of the things she learned from her Tailed beast so far. "Hmm, large pools of chakra and increase elemental prowess." She muttered calmly while observing the girl taking mental note. From what she knew they all had a much larger pool thanks to their Tailed Beast, what could be different about hers.

"Really strong Raiton trick?"

Kiho asked with a curious smirk stretched across her lips. She might not have been at her level, but she appeared to be far along enough to know some of the things she could do. If possible she definitely wished to check them out herself. "It's just what?" Kiho asked with her head tilted curiously to the side.
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUOct 2, 2023 21:23:53 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
"Well, I mean... he lends me a lot more than that, it's just not like... anything unique like wings? At least not yet..." Miroru glanced to the side, rubbing the back of her head. Now she was getting self-conscious, like maybe it was her fault he hadn't granted her anything more special. Was she not good enough yet?

Maybe that was it.

"I can get that. I held back a ton in the exams. And placed first! So that was cool. But like. Holding back was what let me win all my fights. Nobody knew everything I could do. I do lots of different stuff, and I fought very different opponents, so I cornered each with something different," Miroru explained. "So holding back your best cards is super smart sometimes- as long as you can keep an eye for when you need to play them."

Miroru paused at that last bit about the high value target. "They did? Do you know who? I know a lot of folx, and I don't know anyone that went missing..." At least, not yet she didn't.

"I dunno if I wanna meet more, or really, really don't. It feels like such a crapshoot. What if I have to fight them? I couldn't afford to hold back. I know how much my powers spike when I let loose- I couldn't take the chance I'd get overwhelmed by a smart trick. So maybe it's best I hope I just never meet any unfriendly Jinchuuriki..?"

Kiho asked about her trick, and Miroru's eyes shone brightly. "I'll make sure to show you sometime~ it's hard to put words to!"

MISSIONS
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Oct 2, 2023 21:28:43 GMT -5
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUOct 6, 2023 13:48:43 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
Kiho nodded as Miroru alluded to the fact that she wasn't quite aware of any special abilities she may have just yet. It was understandable as Kiho was just now learning the ropes on all the many things she and Chomei could do together. It started with her learning Chitin, learning how to fly, and then eventually finding out that she could form a cocoon that would not only slow any extraction attempt at removing Chomei from her, but that she could heal from almost any injury.

Kiho was definitely impressed with the girl as she noted how she managed to get through the exams without having to rely on her tailed beast at all. She didn't know if the others were the same, but not having to rely on their powers went a long way toward building their relationship. Thinking back on it, it was easy to understand why. They were already trapped in their inferior bodies, surely none of them wanted to have their powers being used against their will on top of that.

"Wow.. Proving to Konoha on a stage that big that you don't have to rely on your Tailed Beast companion must have gone a long way if you're out and about like this." Kiho added with a smile while placing her hands on her hips. Kiho still had a long ways to go even after becoming a Chuunin as she had absolutely no control around that time period so to get that far without any help was definitely an impressive feat.

"Eh.. If you aren't aware of who the person is I think I'm probably better off not saying anything then." The girls eyes widen as she assumed that the person in question might have been common knowledge, but maybe Konoha put a cap on it so that anyone that wasn't high in rank wouldn't know. She wasn't aware of who the person was by name, but they were able to narrow it down to a short list based on their abilities.

Regardless, she didn't wish to let this conversation take the forefront, and instead opted to fixate on Miroru's response to not wanting to meet other Jinchuuriki. "When I was in your position I definitely felt the opposite. Especially after getting the chance to meet my mentor, but I did unfortunately come across that person I may have to go up against someday. It can be pretty scary, but you're a smart young woman. You'll be able to do what's needed when the time comes."

Kiho wanted to assure that their position wasn't all bad. There wasn't anything throughout history that would suggest they would all clash like Titans someday, but things had a tendency to change so there was that. "And about your trick. How about we meet up tomorrow and you show me some of them. I'm sure you've been dying to have a sparring partner that is actually capable of handling your raw talent and power from your 9 tails friend."
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUOct 6, 2023 19:29:53 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
"Ehhh... I don't think I can call it proving to everyone," Miroru admitted reluctantly, scratching the back of her head. "There's only like... six? People that know I'm the Jicnhuuriki? It was still a great showing, sure, but to most folx, it was just a strong performance. There's a lot behind the scenes, like deliberately prolonging every match so that nobody would get disqualified just cuz they got unlucky and fought me. That's how I felt watching Okada-san's fights. He just smashed everyone out the gate and all I could think was how awful it would feel to come that far and just... get blasted out of the competition without really getting a chance." The redhead spoke as she peered up at the sky, solemn in her speech.

"But hey, it worked, right? Everyone I fought passed, except Shosuke-san, and he promoted on his own merit anyhow. Sayuki-chan can make noise about hesitation and weakness and stuff, but I don't think real strength is being able to obliterate your opposition." She looked to Kiho. "I think it's being able to accomplish what you want without any more harm than necessary."

She scowled, then, and picked up a rock to throw into the woods. "Sometimes it feels like people MAKE it necessary. And that sucks. But I gotta do everything I can to protect my own people first. If someone's gonna make a career out of hurting and killing people, then..." She shrugged grumpily. "You kinda forfeit your own rights to life and liberty when you start taking it from others."

Miroru listened to how Kiho explained what she thought about meeting other Jinchuuriki, and she nodded, thinking it through. "I'd like to meet the friendly ones, maybe." A moment, then- "Do you know what the other Jin are? Like I know what the Old Fox is, cuz he's a fox. And your wings look like dragonfly wings sorta. So I figure Seven is a bug? One's a turtle, like we talked about... is Eight a Spider? Four could be just about anything... Maybe six is, like, a crab or a scorpion?" Miroru mused quietly. "Two could be, like, a nekomata? They have two tails. And... I dunno, one tail could be anything that HAS a tail..."

She beamed at the invitation to show off her trick. "I'd love that! It's super cool! I made it up, you know~" she boasted excitedly. she boasted excitedly.

MISSIONS