THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORU

compose a reply
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 28, 2023 9:53:04 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday OCTOBER 5TH, -10SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation RAIKAGE BODYGUARD

No matter what Kumogakure would always be home to Kiho. The large mountains, beautiful sky, the fresh air. There was nothing better than being in her home, and with Chomei it only got better. She got to see things that no other ever could and that only gave her an even greater appreciation for her home, but that didn't keep her from wanting to visit places like Konoha. She couldn't deny the magic she felt there the few times she'd gone so far too.

I mean, how cool was it that the village could experience all four seasons of mother nature. It was practically unheard of. There were so many trees, and leaves, and while the air wasn't quite up there with Kumogakure there was still something wonderful about it. She couldn't wait to see it all once she got into the land of Fire. This miniature vacation was a random one, but one she definitely felt she was going to need with what was coming ahead.

As usual she got up at before sunrise. Keeping those looks of hers intact took time, well, at least when she wished to step out a certain way. Between herself and Chomei there wasn't a more beautiful duo. Kizumi being selected as the Raikage had been a breath of fresh air for her, and since then her life had only gotten better. Opportunities continued to present themselves and now? It was only a matter of time before she found her second calling.

Kiho smiled proudly as she brushed and flossed her teeth, posing a number of times before she hopped into the shower to give herself a nice cleaning before a long travel. Fortunately the skys were cool so she wouldn't have to worry about the spring weather making her sweat too much. Afterward she'd head over to her closet with her eyes set between which two of her outfits she be taking with her to Konoha.

"So... What are we thinking Seven? White or black."

Every morning you do this, and EVERY morning you get the same answer..

"Which isssss?"

I don't care..

"One of these mornings I'll get you not to be so sassy ma'am." Kiho added before going with her [black combat attire]. The travel to Konoha would be a long one, but one she looked forward to nonetheless. There were so many things she'd get to see along the way once she got into the land of fire. The rivers, the many trees, and some smaller villages along the way that she would send her love to like the goddess she was. She wondered what adventure she might get herself into this time, and hoped she'd make some new friends along the way.

Once she'd gotten everything she needed she'd open her window and jump out of it. Once she'd get about halfway down she'd let her wings sprout from her lower back before she'd take flight. So, we're just never going to use the door again are we... Everyday you are proof that not everybody can handle certain responsibilities. Kiho laughed out loud as she placed her hands behind her hand and begin flying with her back facing toward the surface of the world as she exited the fates of Kumo from above.

"You're just jealous sassy wings, but don't worry. When I get strong enough you'll be able to do the same thing.. Well, I'll have to get you a much bigger window, but it'll feel equally as amazing." Kiho added just as the sun begin to rise from afar. "I don't think this is ever going to get old Seven.. Just look at how beautiful this all is." Just as intended Kiho made the most of her travels as she got to the out parts of the land of lighting and into the land of fire.

Waving to all she came across, and even on a few occasions descending downward to lands below to give company to the people that notice her. It made the trip a little long, but it wasn't like she was in some sort of rush either. This was supposed to be fun, and so far that's all it had been. It wouldn't be long before she got to the gate of Konoha, but before she arrived something happened to have caught her attention.

She couldn't quite shake the feeling she was getting, but something in her spirit was calling to her. "Um, is there something you'd like to say Chomei?" Typically when she was feeling this way it was because of them, but after she took a glanced downward she begin to think otherwise. "Hey, I think that's a Shinobi, you wanna go say hi?"

My goodness Kiho, how old are we? What if they are from an enemy nation? Ugh, so much for this rebrand of yours...

"You make a good point, but c'mon! Its' me and you we're talking about, WHOA!"

What she spotted next stopped her travels almost immediately. "Did you see that?" Kiho added before trying to get view of what was happening from above. "They sure are wasting a ton of chakra, but it looks cool." Afterward Kiho would quickly begin to descend closer toward the surface before ultimately making her presence known by calling out to them.

What are you doing?!

"Relax sassy wings, they're probably just training or something."

"Yuuuhhooo! Quite the training you got going on. Are you a Shinobi too?"
| AP has written 425 posts
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 28, 2023 14:22:42 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 411 | notes
Child. It is time.

Miroru blinked at the proactive communication, glancing around the training grounds for a moment before grabbing her stuff and stepping outside, frowning faintly to herself.

This is a pleasant surprise. Time? For what?

I was watching during the exams.

Of course you were, what else were you going to do?

Do not sass me, child.

Miroru rolled her eyes but let the Old Fox continue.

Your performance was... surprisingly impressive. You demonstrated much. Cunning. Talent. Skill. Ruthlessness. I find myself... pleased.

The last compliment wasn't one Miroru really wanted, but... she didn't call it out.

Well... thank you.

You earned it. And more. It is time I share a touch more of my power.

Miroru blinked! This was new. She'd never had much in the way of positivity come from the fox.

Oh! Um. Okay! We'd better go someplace private, though. I can't very well just- start glowing around random citizens, you know? Hang tight. I know some quiet places in the forest.

The flash Kiho had seen turned out to have been a massive blast of Raiton. The forested area here was quite dense, and from the ground, it was exceedingly unlikely anybody in any proximity to the regular routes of travel would have even caught a hint of it, but from above- which was particularly unlikely to have travelers- it was rather notable.

Upon landing, Kiho found around a half-dozen redheads in a water-logged clearing. One of them looked perfectly normal, and it was an easy conclusion that the others were clones, but there was a particularly strange detail.

They were hurt.

All of the clones were getting up as Kiho arrived, sporting electrical burns and steaming a bit. The original, in the middle of the make-shift lake, was just fine, and seemed to have been startled- the last wisps of some sort of chakra effect were dissipating as the darker-skinned girl landed. "OH. UH. HI. WASN'T. Uh, wasn't. Expecting anybody all the way out here." She'd been asked a question, and it took her a second to remember. "Oh. Shinobi! Yup! Just- out here training! Kinda... running out of training partners back home, so-" She gestured at her clones, which all waved pleasantly enough. "Did, uh... did I see you fly down here?"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 28, 2023 21:22:42 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday OCTOBER 5TH, -10SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation RAIKAGE BODYGUARD
The girl in questioned seemed to be pretty young and yet they were out in the middle of nowhere training. Kiho had a number of questions already and that wasn't even the beginning. The first thing she needed to do was get her composure together. She wasn't a silly teenager anymore. Well, kind of. Those parts of her were obviously still lurking heavy, but she was a woman now and that was something she wanted to embrace more of after spending so many years running from it.

The next thing she took notice of was how many versions of her were in the same area. It was kind of freaky, intimidating in fact, but once again there was more. Perhaps this was going to be the theme of this encounter going forward. Not only was there more of her, but they all appeared to be damaged from what she saw from above, but they were still there. How? Did Kihi inadvertently place herself in harms way by entering a Genjutsu?

Clones could no sustain a hit. Especially not one of the magnitude she appeared to have done to them, and yet they were standing up. The look of confusion on her face was kind of hard to hide, but she needed to gather herself. She was the stranger in all of this. Kiho also needed to take into account that she was in foreign lands, even if she was considered an ally based on her ties to Kumogakure.

Nevertheless, the girl appeared startled at her presence which had to be a positive sign of innocence still lurking within. That would most certainly give her a leg up on that look she held on her face. "My apologies. I didn't mean to startle you, I was just headed to Konoha and well... I spotted you." Kiho added politely while gently waving her right hand. Kind of awkward, but something about that made her feel as if it would make her look less of a threat.

"Quite the power you have there.. I'm sure what I'm looking at is probably why you're running out of training partners. At this rate you'll likely need to train with the Hokage himself." Kiho added with a giggle before preparing to introduce herself. "Well, since I'm obviously the intruder here I guess I should probably introduce myself. My name is Kiho Mibojin of Kumogakure."

Way to tone it down Kiho.

Yeah yeah sassy wings, I told you I still got it. I most certainly remember mommies training.

"And yes, you most certainly did she me come from above."
last edit by Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ on May 28, 2023 21:27:45 GMT -5
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 28, 2023 21:42:01 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 350 | notes
Kiho's assessment was pretty spot on. Miroru was a teenager, but almost only through technicality. So Miroru's presentation as young was very much an accurate read. And all her recollections about the limitations of the Kage Bunshin were also on point. That look made it clear that hadn't gone unnoticed.

"OH, uh. It's okay! S'a free country. And sky, I guess? I dunno how village and national jurisdiction applies to the open skies." The redhead rubbed at her chin as she muddled THAT one over. "I see! You, uh- you noticed me practicing, huh. Yeah, unfortunately, I don't really have any friends specializing in "punching bag no jutsu", so since I don't really have any hard targets to train with, I provided my own!"

Quite the power? Miroru laughed nervously. "Oh, eheh, it's not- THAT impressive, just "raiton go boom", really. See, it didn't even take out these chumps!" Miroru said, picking up a rock from the water around her feet and chucking it at a clone, who took the hit gamely, disappearing with a clownish, "OOF!"

As for training with the Hokage, Miroru scoffed. "Ehhhh. He's busy. I've got a better chance of getting another playdate with Auntie K than wrangling him for a lesson." At the introduction, Miroru lit up a bit. "Oh! So you know Auntie Kizumi, then! And probably Azarea-chan? She's my big sister!" She wasn't, biologically, but they did both have red hair- or, well. Azarea's was red. Miroru was a carrot top through and through. "Maybe even Shosuke-san?"

She beamed to hear it confirmed she'd flown in. "You GOTTA tell me how you did that! Did you use a Combination Transformation with a bug summon? Or maybe there's a special jutsu to make chakra wings or something? I can only fly if I'm a bird, which is AWESOME, but I can't even imagine how great it'd be to fly around as myself!"

MISSIONS
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 28, 2023 22:13:29 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
It was definitely clear the girls innocence was still kept intact. She was thankful for that because despite what little she knew about the girl Kiho understood how difficult it was to really hold on to those parts of yourselves once you really got that reality check. Kiho for most of her career did the same, but it definitely took a lot of discipline to get to that point. Between losing her dad, the plague, and then of course her selection as Jinchuuriki. It was a lot to take in.

"You know what, that's actually a really good point.. I actually cant believe I never thought of that."

Kiho added while rubbing her chin. Being able to fly was definitely not common to Shinobi, and because of that technically no one could ever own the skies. Maybe except for Chomei. Is that what it felt like to be free back in the days when you were... Free Seven? Kiho asked. The two had gotten close over the years, but that was still a topic Kiho was always careful not to bring up. She appreciated the bond they were creating, but it would never take away from the reality of what they were.

Chomei was a captive to the village and meant to be used as a weapon. Kiho didn't see them that way, but what good was it if everyone else did. Relationships like the one it had with Keisuke, Chihiro, and anyone else that was willing to see them for who they really were had to be a blessing. Kiho could only hope that Chomei knew that she truly wanted the best for her, even if it meant she had to hold on them.

It did... Up there? No one could touch me. No one.

The confidence in their voice gave her chills. Chomei didn't say much, but she could tell that they meant every last bit of it. Being as strong and powerful as they were had to be something to respect, and there was no telling if there were any others like them that could even pull off such a feat. Don't worry hun, I'll get it back for you. Even if you'll have to pay rent for it.

"Hmm, I see you're the humble kind. Not a bad trait to have, but I think what you've manage to accomplish is quite impressive."

Kiho was still careful not to prod to far, but she definitely laughed at the accidental explosion of the clone she managed to make contact with. "Auntie K?" Kiho questioned quietly before she filled in the blanks. It seemed as though she had grown fond with quite a few people in the village, including Genin wonder Azarea and the Raikage herself. Shosuke even being another, but somehow she'd never seen her in the village. How could she have missed that?

"Wow.. Well, aren't you the popular one ma'am. Those are some big names you mentioned there, I'm guessing you'll become one yourself soon enough." Kiho added with a wink before the girl went into full blown excitement about her ability to fly. Her first reaction was to definitely press her hand gently against the seal below her chest line as she smile. Flight was arguably the greatest gift someone like herself could have possibly gotten.

"I wish I could.. Believe me, you aren't the only person I've come across that wishes they could do that, but unfortunately its... A rather unique thing. Something, only I can do?" Kiho cringed at the end as she begin to feel as though she were arrogant for saying it in such a manner. "I don't mean it like that? I don't know.. Its just not something you can uh, teach? If that makes any sense?"
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 28, 2023 22:50:25 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 252 | notes
Miroru grinned as she was called humble. "Welllll, I wouldn't call myself HUMBLE so much as... realistically aware of my areas of excellence~" She proclaimed, glancing at the clones and nodding to them, signaling each to release themselves. It'd be rude to keep Kiho outnumbered. "And a Lotta what you saw was flash and trickery. I can't actually blast an area that big- the water expanded its area dramatically. Big part of what I was testing was just how far it expanded!" Miroru explained.

"Oh, I'm already a big name! Uchiha Miroru, undefeated and first in class from this year's Iwagakure Chuunin exam! You mighta noticed my snazzy flak vest~?" Miroru bragged as she introduced herself right back- late, but unprompted.

She tilted her head at the following statement about flight being something ONLY Kiho could do. Not her clan- so it wasn't a kekkai genkai or a hijutsu. Not a kinjutsu either, since it couldn't be taught. "Only I" was a very rare thing to encounter in the Shinobi world, and that had Miroru curious. Kiho's hand also settled just below her chest, a gesture Miroru struggled not to mimic as Kiho's hand settled right where Miroru's own seal sat.

"Say, maybe you know someone else I met in Iwagakure. You ever meet someone that goes by the name Squeakers?"

MISSIONS
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 28, 2023 23:28:40 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
The girls energy was definitely quite welcoming. She hadn't realized it, but she had been smiling almost ear to ear from the moment she'd landed. This girl definitely had a way with words, she could tell that she was probably the type that a lot of people looked up to and wanted to be like. Kiho knew she'd be that type of her girl if she went to her school back in her rag tag days.

"What a clever way to say you're a confident individual."

Kiho added before she went on to explain that much of what she did was trickery. In truth it was something along the lines of trickery, but it was also quite crafty. Arts of this magnitude were being lost these days in ages. The Shinobi she came across were typical in the sense of how they used their jutsu, but the power in them all was how you made them were in the environment you were fighting in.

"Very good.." It wasn't like her to be so captivated by someone so easily. Especially since she held herself in such high regard, but anyone that knew her knew that she had a huge weakness for kids, or teens like herself. Nonetheless, Kiho laugh aloud as the girl proclaimed her name outloud, finally, but hilarious championed herself after a very apparent and successful Chuunin exams.

It actually made her quite sad that she opted out at the last moment to join the exam in favor of helping to deal with a more important matter pertaining to the village, but her job was definitely more important; however, it was apparent that she missed out on quite a lot. "Whoa there. A famous Uchiha you say?" Kiho teased as the girl showed off her flak jacket. "Congratulations on a successful exams.. That's quite the achievement, and best you say? Whew. Way better than myself."

Kiho added while covering her own face as she thought back to some of the many challenges she had during her own many moons ago. Miroru wasted no time as she perfectly transitioned the topic. The person of which she asked about was definitely someone she never heard of before. In fact, she wasn't even sure that was a real name. "Squeakers?" Kiho questioned as if to make sure Miroru was saying the right now.

"I can't say that I have.. Believe me, if I did, there is no way I'd ever forget that name.."

Yeah... That's definitely not a real name, whew... But funny to say the least, hehe!

"I'm curious though.. Is there a reason you might hoped for me to know them?"
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 28, 2023 23:45:47 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 391 | notes
Miroru sputtered out a giggle and rubbed at her mop of red hair. "Aheheheh- confidence took a while. I'm never the best at-" She paused and blinked, eyes widening and brightening as she had to correct herself. "-I never USED to be the best at anything~! Second best a lot, but just- never tops in any one thing. Spent a lot of time super frustrated until I realized I was letting everyone else make ME play THEIR games. THEN I decided it'd be way more fun to make everyone else play somebody different's game. Cuz THEN I WIN."

"Mmm- more like a famous person who happens to be an Uchiha. I'm kind of a lousy Uchiha, by most metrics. The whole magic eyeball thing skipped me over, so just one more thing I've been making up for!" she explained calmly. At the repeated name, she nodded. "Yup. Squeakers."

No recognition.

"Oh." Her face fell, but she shrugged it off. "I thought maybe I could play detective and guess you might be like her. She's the Masked Terror of Amegakure, but Squeakers was the name she used when I met her in Kuwana. She's the only other person I know who has... y'know. Truly unique abilities." Miroru explained, sitting down on a rock sticking up out of the clearing-sized puddle and tossing a twig into the water. "See- clans can have bloodline limits, or clan jutsus, and heck, I've even made up a jutsu or two myself, so I'm the only one who KNOWS how to do that, but I could teach you if I wanted. But you said you're the only person who CAN fly like that. And even Sages have apprentices, so... it's not a clan thing, or a Sage thing, or a jutsu. You're not buggy enough to be in the middle of a combination transformation with a dragonfly summon, and after all that... it sorta narrows things down a lot. So I guessed you're probably like her- but I don't actually know if the Jinchuuriki make a point to know each other or anything, so it was more of a shot in the dark than I thought."

MISSIONS
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 29, 2023 0:28:03 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
It took a lot of guts to find a way out of no way to get to where you want. Especially when you're from a clan as well known as the Uchiha. It was one of the few clans where you didn't have to live in the village to know about them. It's not like their secrets were well known, but everyone knew about their visual prowess. It was frightening, and anyone who has had an experienced with it and live to talk about it will tell you that.

Without the blessing of that power Kiho could only imagine how left out she might have felt. Word had it that they weren't the nicest people either. Again, her lips stretched ear to ear as she listened to how she overcame her flaws to become the best amongst her peers from all over. It was unfortunate that Kiho didn't know of this Squeakers person, but she hoped outside of that revelation that she might be able to enlighten her with why that person might be of importance.

Kiho listened with intent as she was hoping she could use this moment to play detective with the latter person in questioned being the Masked Terror of Amegakure. According to her intel in ANBU they were the Jinchuuriki of Amegakure, but what would she be doing talking to someone from there. The last time she checked they were enemies of Konoha. The Jounin specialist mind spun as she tried putting all the pieces together as Miroru handed them out.

If Kiho hadn't got caught up in the alias of this squeakers person she might have realized where the conversation was going. Honestly? She just hoped that Miroru wasn't getting caught up with someone as dangerous as them so she wouldn't get into any trouble. Instead something else came from it. Bloodlines, Unique abilities, Hijutsu, even sage stuff. Something of which she had just learned about not too long ago from a friend of hers, but the last part.

"Jinchuuriki.. JINCHUURIKI?!"

The womans eyes widened as she stretched her arms across as if she were trying to keep her from saying the word again out loud before covering her own mouth.

Wow... I am so embarrassed.

S-she's a kid. How the hell would she know anything about a Jinchuuriki. I mean, is this a thing now? Are we out here just walking around with no fear these days?

Kiho's head begin to throb as she thought of many reasons for why this might be a thing. For some time she wondered how far along many of the other villages had came given that so little of them had actually made a name for themselves, but now? Maybe there were more rising to her level than anticipated. What if there were others out there who were stronger. Kiho could only assume Kame was about her level, but to her knowledge Arashi senpai was nearly a master.

Was this Masked Terror figure a master too? The battle between the two village did travel rather quickly. Nevertheless, she needed to get her head in the game. She couldn't just give herself away to anyone, even if it was someone as nice as Miroru. Something else had to give. It just had to.

"Excuse my behavior.. That just. Caught me off guard? Aren't you a little low in rank to know what a Jinchuuriki is? I mean this Masked Terror person to my knowledge is actually pretty dangerous. Why would you be talking to someone like that?"

Lets not go with the, 'you need a mother' approach first. Mmk Kiho?

You always act like this in front of company, but behind the scenes you're all laughy and nice.. Cut it sassy wings!

Okay okay I'll stop.. You know I just like teasing you in embarrassing moments. Hehe!
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 29, 2023 0:56:59 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 435 | notes
Miroru watched calmly as Kiho slapped her hands over her own mouth in the wake of spouting that out. There was a notable pause, too, where she COULD have been thinking things over... but it was another check mark towards a still unproven theory all the same. It was easy to leave those awkward gaps when you had a conversation going on internally. Miroru had the same problem, and was still trying to figure out how to hide it.

"Mmh," Miroru murred as Kiho stated she'd been caught "off guard." That seemed to be an understatement. "Too low rank?" Miroru tilted her head. "I'm a chuunin- what rank are you? I'm pretty sure you're not Elite Jounin, not even Senju-sama's an Elite Jounin yet. So you're maybe one rank above me. And besides," the redhead said, lifting a hand to start counting off fingers.

"You have impossible abilities that "only you" can use; you were caught off guard, but the whole covering the mouth schtick is for realizing YOU said something you weren't supposed to; you haven't for a second said that you're NOT, just deflected two-fold to try to get me to talk about myself again; you pulled your hand to your chest which, for females, is the most logical place to hide sealing fuuinjutsu, since it's the least likely place to be exposed to anybody besides a lover, and you did that -exactly when- I asked about your impossible wings; aaaaaaaaand you keep leaving these awkward pauses that you keep not explaining which seems a looooooot like having a second conversation to which I- am not- a part," she finishes, a full hand full of possibly incriminating evidence. She WASN'T certain- not entirely, they COULD all be coincidence, and to someone who WASN'T hiding something, it'd be a laughable conclusion, but she put on a confident face and waited to see if it was enough to tip the scales and convince Kiho she'd been found out.

Well, well, well. Look who's been paying attention.

Miroru kept her expression steady, refusing to fall into the same possible exposure she thought she'd caught Kiho in.

Shh. Don't give me away, I'm trying to look clever here. I'm pretty sure I've done that same handclap over my mouth when I realized I gave stuff away to Uriko and Itsuki before.

Tricky Mikki, indeed. Do proceed, child. Let us see if your detective work paid off.

MISSIONS
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 29, 2023 11:19:16 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
The best thing do was keep it together and let Miroru do all the talking until she could figure out exactly what was happening here. For starters, the girl did make a few good points. She wasn't rank that much higher than herself, but that fact actually was not an important one. Knowledge pertaining to those who were selected as Jinchuuriki were typically limited to select Jounin and of course the elites of the village.

In some cases in the past Kiho was told that even they didn't know. Regardless, Chuunin were typically out of the question. Kiho attempted to interject at that point, but it seemed as though she had not finished her assessment, and the more she talked the more she realized how screwed she was. Was Kiho really going to allow this kid to outsmart her? For a brief moment her eyes squinted as she made the choice to the same.

Kiho wasn't the only one hiding something. When she arrived Miroru was arguably as caught off guard as she was when she uttered the words Jinchuuriki. All of her clones were odd and possessed abilities above all others that she'd ever come across. Two hits to be exact from what Kiho calculated. It was clear that Kiho was busted, but so was this Uchiha who miraculously was incapable of harnessing the ability that the Uchiha were known. Just like herself.

Kiho was once tethered to a Kekkei Genkai before the days of her selection as Jinchuuriki, and there is a good chance that Miroru might have been to some extent as well. Regardless, it was time to end this game of chicken they were obviously playing. This girl was intelligent and it was clear why she had been promoted at such a young age. The Jounin specialist touched the seal beneath her chest once more before placing both hands on her hips.

Hmm, looks like you've finally met your match. First time for everything right?

Yeah.. I'm not gunna lie. I'm actually pretty sad she caught on to me first.. My pride is definitely hurt.

"Smart girl. I never thought I'd come across someone who was more obsessed with other Jinchuuriki than myself, although. I find it odd that you were able to point all of those things out. And so easily too." Kiho mentioned before walking in a perimeter like motion around the girl with a smirk on her face. "Its like, you understand what it's like to be in the shoes of a Jinchuuriki. An impossible feat if I may say so myself."

Kiho added again while indirectly addressing herself as one officially. "And for someone who appears to all alone out here, I get the same strange feeling that.. Maybe you're not so alone either. See, there's this comfort us Jinchuuriki feel when were alone in open spaces like this one. It's not something we can describe so easily to someone else, buuuuuut I'm sure you're getting where I'm coming from correct?"

"So no more chicken Miroru. Based on the intel I've gotten from my senpai, aaaaand what I can deduce from my own experience in conjunction with your own.. You must be, the nine tails I've heard about. Although, I'm not so sure you're the person my mentor was talking about. You seem a little young, and when she once referenced the possibility of learning from them I most certainly imagined an adult."

Based on Kiho's experience she'd come across three Jinchuuriki in her time. The 3 tails from Kirigakure, the 1 tail from Sunagakure, and the 6 tails from Kusagakure. With her being the 7th that alone left five Jinchuuriki unaccounted for. Arashi Senpai mentioned the possibility of being taught by the 9 Tails, but that would have concluded that they would be from an allied nations of Kumo. Something the village had very few of. Since she got to meet Kusa's in person that only left one. Konoha.
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 29, 2023 13:04:06 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 300 | notes
Calling Miroru smart was a sure way to get her to start beaming, and it was as effective now as it ever had been! "They don't call me Tricky Mikki for nothing!" At least- the beaming lasted right up until Kiho turned the magnifying glass back the other way and left Miroru staring back at her like a fox in headlights. "Eh? Impossible?" Uh-oh. "Not really, you can imagine a lot if you put your mind to it..!" She blurted, trying to save things. "I-it's all pretty straight forward if you're observant!" And know, for instance, the rationale for exactly where to place the sealing fuuinjutsu, or the silent pauses that don't seem to be noticed in the first place...

Finally, though, Miroru's shoulders slumped and she hung her head. "Aw, man, I'm gonna get chewed out again..." A resigned sigh, but then Miroru leaned back and looked up at the sky. "Your, um. Your mentor must have been talking about the last one. I've only been doing this since I graduated from the Academy, really. So a little over six months. And I dunno if I can really teach YOU much, I'm only just now working my way to managing more than half of the Old Fox's tails. It's- getting kinda intense, you know..? I can't exactly train this sorta thing with my friends, so I figured I'd practice way out here. I knew the forest would keep anyone from seeing anything, but I didn't figure on people flying around overhead..."

Her head tipped back down and tilted to the side. "... wait, so which one are you, then?"

MISSIONS
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 29, 2023 17:17:36 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
Kiho remained frozen in her stance as Miroru tried to pull the very thing she just attempted to pull herself. Her optics stuck the Uchiha like glue as she waited for the girl to realize that this show the two of them put on was over. The chance this girl had more experience than herself was little to none and it was time they both accepted that they did a rather poor job of keeping their "secret" under wraps.

Finally she opened up about her position, and as Kiho concluded the previous person in question was no longer the Jinchuuriki of Konoha. There was no telling what might have happened to them, but she hoped that it was more along the lines of being on the same bases as her predecessor. They had years of success behind them, but wished to move in a different direction going forward. However, the timeline of when she was selected till now did not bypass the Kumo Kunoichi.

Six months?! My goodness, what drugs are these Uchiha on. That would imply that she literally moved two ranks within a span of a year.. Makes me feel like I'm not working hard enough.

Mmm, weeelll... You could be doing more?

.. I guess you're right, but geez..

Kiho giggled as the girl went over some of the struggles she'd faced as a Jinchuuriki. Kiho knew of those problems all to well, and when you considered there was only a few people that were allowed to know it only made things harder. While there was little the girl might be able to teach her at this point, the fact that managed to climb through so many tails was extremely impressive. Her and Kame were without a doubt on the same level in terms of growth.

Although, Kiho would argue in favor of herself given she likely had no master or experienced Jinchuuriki to help her. "Lucky number 7 Miroru." Kiho stated proudly. It was a name Chomei grew quite fond of with her last host and since then shes done her best to keep it alive. "I must say. I'm impressed with the amount of progress you've managed to make. I struggle a lot early on before my senpai and now good friend helped me."

"Since then I've become sort of a mentor myself. There is still much I have to learn, but so far I've mastered half of my friends true potential."

The bond she and Chomei built together was definitely a crowning achievement for her, but there was still so much she needed to learn. The likelihood that she ran into another Jinchuuriki out of the blue is crazy, but now that she was here it was definitely something she didn't want to look past so easily.

Um, you're not thinking of helping the nine tails are you?

I mean, I guess? We are all sort of connected right, AAND! She has ties to an allied nation.

I don't know..

What do you mean by that? I mean if we worked with Shukaku then how bad could this be. Arashi senpai said he gave her hell for years. Like a looooong time. This girl seemed perfectly fine.

Kiho was definitely thrown off by the silence of Chomei as they were usually very opinionated about the other tailed beast. Turtle was supposedly a shy guy, the Slug from what she gather was kind of immature. Like a child, and the one tails was just an all out nightmare, but one Arashi somehow managed to bond with nonetheless.

"Maybe I could help you out? I mean I was on my way to Konoha, but I don't see why we couldn't head back together afterward? I've got quite a lot of experience working with other Jinchuuriki."
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 29, 2023 18:45:00 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 342 | notes

"Seven! That's cool! Is it some sorta dragonfly or something? Man, I bet they look cool. A giant bug, ready to rule the skies and- well... let's leave it there, track history for these guys usually goes down-hill for everyone else once you add an "and" to them in their natural habitat..." Miroru murmured, rubbing the back of her head.

"Impressed? Really? Aw, thanks..! I've had some good teachers that worked with the last one. But they've got their own duties, too, so I gotta make do on my own a lot." She grinned to hear she had her mastery half-way down pat, too. "Hey, that's cool! We're twinsies! Does half for you mean three or four tails? Do the wings you had count as two tails? Or are they tails at all? Man, I got so many questions..!"

It might be getting clearer that Miroru wasn't entirely aware there was a second full set of tails to master beyond the simplest access.

I should have saved all the bug comments for now. That pesky mosquito's Jinchuuriki is nosing in where it isn't her business.

What are you talking about?

At least most of the other Bijuu have the decency to be proper beasts. Six and seven are bugs. A slug and a mosquito. Pathetic excuses for legendary beasts.

Well she seems nice. And what am I supposed to do, she can fly, it's not like I can outrun her.

We do not need the aid of such pathetic beings- but it may be best to play along for now. She will get bored and leave eventually.

"I'd love some help! I'm trying to get a proper hold on the power released by this fifth tail. There's a lot to keep under wraps, and just getting a chance to acclimate to the extra power and speed would be really helpful."

MISSIONS
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED | MIRORUMay 29, 2023 19:38:10 GMT -5
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™
Mibōjin Kiho 昆™ Avatar
groupnull
Giant bug...

Hey hey now love, she didn't mean anything bad by it.

For what its worth Kiho could tell much like herself that the backstory for these powerful and sentient beings were well beyond something to casually talk about. All of them knew deep down the wrongs attached to their captivity, and it wasn't really a fair one either unfortunately. Kiho nodded in understanding as she quickly shifted the conversation back to the comment she said about her.

Again, another struggle it seemed the both of them shared, and something Kiho assumed all of them did. There were a few people here and there they could work with, but ultimately they all had something to worry about outside of them. Neglect might not have been the word Kiho chose for others, but it most certainly was the case when it came to herself. Thankfully, Raikage had the sense to pair her up with someone who could get the job done.

Kiho's head shifted to the side when she said the two of them were twinsies as she debated on how neither or them looked alike nor were the tailed beast to her assumption. What could she have meant? As she progressed Kiho realized she didn't understood what she meant when she stated she had half control. "Oh.." Kiho muttered quietly as she put together the realization that maybe Konoha wasn't aware of that power yet either.

Based on her own theories Kiho assumed that most Jinchuuriki of the past never truly mastered all of their abilities, let alone the stages Arashi dubbed V1. Regardless, at least now based on her answer she could truly gauge the difference in strength between herself and the girl. Her list as of now was 1, and tie between herself and Toru which meant 7 and 3. She assumed this masked terror of Amegakure would likely be close to where they were, but not much was known about them.

Kusa's was still relatively new, but she showed much promise so Kiho assumed she might have progressed at least half way as well. Either way, her chances against the others were still relatively good if worst came to worst. After all their job was to be the villages main source of defense.

"Uhm.. Well, for starters there seems to be a bit of a disconnect." Kiho acknowledged aloud while stretching. "It seems Konoha is still lacking in overall knowledge of your potential.. When I say half, I mean I've already mastered the abilities pertaining to each of my seven tails. Most of which are wings so my training require double the amount of effort from the rest."

"To put you on game hun, there are two separate levels of overall prowess we can access from our sentient friends. There is V1 and V2. V1 is the typical cloak I imagine we all share to some extent up to the number of tails we possess.. However, after mastery of that level is complete there is another entirely. Its appearance is.. Different? Even I can't safely enter it without losing control almost completely."

"I have done just enough to see it, and its.. Menacing to say the least, and painful without control too, but I don't think we're ready for that convo JUST yet. Just know there is for you, nine more levels of control you must after the initial 9.. Geez. That's such a high number." Kiho added with a heavy sigh of exhaustion as she thought about how much more rigorous her training might have to be.

"Other than that. Ask away Miroru."