Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]

compose a reply
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 3, 2023 21:48:55 GMT -5
Sora Minami
"You cannot cage a storm."
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday December 23rd rank Jounin occupation Genin Team 1 Leader
Can these bones live? Sora thought as she slid her gaze across the small, stream-cut clearing where she had arranged to meet Ikana. It was the same one where they had met just a day earlier, though the purpose she had in mind for it was quite a bit more involved than what had happened during that short but meaningful chat with the young Genin. No, today she intended to get started on actually teaching the girl, and in order to do that… Well, she had to test her.

Thoroughly.

The pink-haired Jounin chuckled as she leaned up against a nearby tree, waiting. Ikana wasn’t late yet, wouldn’t be for an hour, but Sora had no doubt the girl would arrive early. She liked to disparage herself, cut herself down, but there were few Genin who could match the young orphan’s work ethic. Or stamina, if she had to guess. Being the former container of a Bijuu counted for a lot, especially since her body had managed to fill the gaping hole in her chakra network with… something.

That particular aspect of the girl’s history disturbed her more than she would ever admit- especially given who, she now knew, had given the order to rip the beast from her because she hadn’t grown into the power fast enough. If I ever get my hands on that Kaguya bitch… There would be hell to pay. Much hell to pay. Putting her thoughts of righteous vengeance and bloody murder aside took some effort, but Sora eventually managed to stuff those particular emotions down into the cold, dark place she kept most of her nightmares, just in time to see Ikana walking through the trees.

"Someone decided to show up early.” She said as the girl came within earshot, a soft, quick smile flashing across her face. A good thing, too; that meant they’d be able to handle their business quickly, perhaps even fast enough to have lunch. The brunette had surprisingly good taste when it came to food- the place she’d taken them to (after her own choice had said they didn’t serve mizumen) was both extremely good and quite affordable, a small mom and pop stall that dangled out into the street by the girl’s home.

"I hope you got enough sleep.” You're going to need it.
last edit by Sora Minami on Jun 3, 2023 22:16:22 GMT -5
Exousia has written 485 posts
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 3, 2023 22:08:21 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
Ikana indeed worked harder than a lot of people could imagine. She ran a full time business, she took care of herself, her taxes, and business expenses. The life of a genin was just about enough where she could do that with enough time on her hands to do that comfortably. Though she did have more downs than ups. She usually woke up early in the morning and she finished her work and training when the sun sank below the horizon. As she had arrived to the battlefield, she found herself pausing when the voice of a familiar woman called out to her. Stopping, she had found herself asked if she had enough sleep?

Ikana found herself slowly dragging some fingers down the dark bags around her eyes. "Enough." She found herself adjusting her stance, standing ready and at attention for orders and instruction. In truth. Ikana had been working on a number of training materials during her wait. Suiton jutsu in particular. An ace in the hole jutsu was pivotal, and Ikana had been finding more and more that she lacked long range options that would be versatile enough to be quickly employed. So, she'd been looking at some potential options for her to employ. A technique here. A dabble there. Something she could cast easily enough. At a first glance anyways.

Ikana seemingly had come unarmed except for the sword by her waist and a cloak she wrapped lightly around her small frame. "What are we doing today?"
dandead10 has written 634 posts
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 3, 2023 22:27:59 GMT -5
Sora Minami
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday December 23rd rank Jounin occupation Genin Team 1 Leader
"Today?” Sora said as the girl came to a stop, wary and altogether trusting all at once. She was tense, a knife edge away from jumping into action, but compared to yesterday… Compared to yesterday, she was better. Not perfect. Not healed. But better. That was how things worked in the real world- you didn’t meet someone one day, make a friend, and somehow magically get over years of trauma and neglect overnight. You had to work these things, and she was. They were, in their own way.

"Today I thought we’d see where you’re at. Combat wise.” Sora paused, letting the girl process just what that meant before she continued on, lips tugging down in a tight, almost imperceptible frown. "I’ve been selected for a mission soon, and I need to make sure you’ll be safe coming with me.” Sora had a feeling the girl’s pride (or perhaps her feelings) would be dented by the sentiment; for all Ikana claimed not to think much of herself, she certainly took great pains to work hard, but going on a C-rank with some random Chuunin wasn’t like what they were about to take on.

This was real. This was dangerous. This was deadly.

"Plus, knowing what you can do- the full extent of it, will help me plan a training regime for you and the others. Whenever she got around to meeting with them, anyway.
last edit by Sora Minami on Jun 4, 2023 6:57:28 GMT -5
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 3, 2023 22:48:13 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
What an interesting thought. "I'll be honest. I'm not that good at fighting." Ikana spoke. Whether or not that was a lie, or that was a underestimation of her own abilities, or otherwise? That might have been a questionable thought. However, Ikana didn't find her pride was hurt when she was told she was being assessed of her combat prowess. Instead, she found herself being told her sensei wanted to know the full assessment of what Ikana could do. Slowly shifting her position, she slides her feet back instinctively, looking outwards at the Kenjutsu master in question before tilting her head.

"Does that mean you want me to come at you with the intent to kill?" Ikana found herself asking just for clarification. Assuming that was confirmed? Ikana's softness, whatever was there seemed gone as she fell into a more neutral and robotic look. Swiftly her eyes assessed her surroundings for anything useful. Her terrain, the surroundings. As well as assessing Sora's own stature, demeanor, and the skills she knew about. Kenjutsu was her specialty. So it made sense to Ikana to engage in unfair tactics. As to fill the gap anyways. As well as to maintain a relatively safe distance.

Her eyes seemed rather cold. Her breathing steady. Before she flings her cloak open, revealing thin bracers along her forearm. She swipes them, and rapidly with poofs of smoke, Shuriken form into existence and fly at Sora at rapid speed. First two, then three, then five as Ikana swipes her hands at a fast pace. Using the lightning flash creation seal jutsu, Ikana could access her entire kit incredibly fast at a moment's notice. Inbetween her throws of Shuriken, using her swift speed? She'd attempt to form but a single seal inbetween her throws. As to display her swift action as the natural mist and wetness of the grass would rapidly rise and shift into twin dopplegangers of the young girl.

Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu...Both dashing and running in opposite directions at fast speeds, looking to flank Sora on either side as all three Ikanas began their advance towards her. The Kirigakure Genin immediately beginning to flash through another set of seals.

NAME: Kuchiyose: Raikō Kenka - [Summoning: Lightning Flash Blade Creation]

CHAKRA USAGE: Medium

CLASSIFICATION: Fūinjutsu

ELEMENT: N/a

DESCRIPTION:

An advanced version of Hikin Fuinjutsu, in which objects that are sealed within their respective holders are branded with a special formula. This particular seal allows its wielder to call upon whatever is placed in the seal with a simple touch of the marker, instantly bringing the weapon into one's hand at the ready. The technique works to cut the time it would normally take to summon and wield a weapon by having the seal in a place of easy access, such as upon straps on one's wrist or the wrists themselves, being able to summon and use a weapon in a seamless moment. Summoning is not as straight forward as the child technique, however, as wired contraptions can be called upon, instantly winding and attaching the wire to one's hand the moment it is summoned.

Name:Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu - [Water Clone Technique]

CHAKRA USAGE: Low (per clone)

Type:Ninjutsu

Element:Suiton

HANDSEALS: 1

Description:

Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu that utilizes water to create a Bunshin clone. Unlike a normal Bunshin, the Mizu Bunshin has the ability to interact more with the environment due to it having physical substance. This allows the clone to carry out limited attacks on its target. The range of the clone is limited however, it can not travel very far from the original body. If the Mizu Bunshin is injured, the clone will usually revert back into its natural water state.

Jutsu Prepared:

Name:Suirou no Jutsu - [Water Prison Technique]

CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Very Low Continuous]

Type: Ninjutsu

Element: Suiton

HANDSEALS: 10

Description:

Suirou no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu that utilizes water to imprison an opponent. The ninja forms the necessary hand seals which causes the water to form around the target into a spherical prison which only allows for limited movement. The ninja must keep their body touching the water prison to maintain its existence. If the contact is broken, the water falls away and their target is released. When combined with a bunshin technique, the ninja can imprison their target but still allow for a clone to attack others nearby.
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Jun 3, 2023 22:51:39 GMT -5
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 4, 2023 7:22:48 GMT -5
Sora Minami
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"I’m sure you’ve heard a lot of your teachers say that, but no.” Sora said as Ikana slid, quite naturally, from a semi-relaxed stance into a combat one; shoulders rolled back, eyes distant but focused, taking in her environment, brain churning into that adrenaline-fueled overdrive where every thought came faster than one could truly process. She was taking this seriously. Good. "I don’t want you to fight to kill, Ikana…”

The girl threw shuriken, a flurry of projectiles that, had she been a Genin or Chuunin, might have posed a challenge. Her placement was good, her arcs just far enough apart that you couldn’t just sweep them aside with a single pass of a blade. And weaving the handseals for a water clone justu in between each toss? Excellent strategic thinking. All in all, a fine first move- but she wasn’t up against a Genin or Chuunin. Sora was a Jounin, and that…

That was a different beast altogether.

"Ittoryu: Tatsumaki.” Sora said as she stepped forward, twisting Samidare out of its saya and slashing it across the plane of Ikana’s shuriken as she surged her chakra through the blade- and in an instant, the field in front of her howled with wind, a gale force blast of pure Fuuton chakra slamming into the projectiles and knocking them solidly off course before powering through into Ikana herself.

Then, Sora moved, another burst of Fuuton chakra carrying her, not to the small genin’s actual body, but rather to her left, Samidare sheathed in a flash as she blitzed the first water clone, appearing before in the blink of an eye. Iaigiri. The thought came after the blow, her blade little more than a flash of quicksilver light as she drew it forth and slashed the water clone from hip to shoulder in a single, smooth motion that had her turning with the momentum to face the second clone- and the true Ikana.

"I want you to fight to survive.”

Jutsu Used
NAME: Ittoryu: Tatsumaki [One Sword Style: Tornado]
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
ELEMENT: Fūton
HANDSEALS: 0
DESCRIPTION: The user brings their weapon around in a fast, powerful arc that creates a minor shockwave, disturbing the air and creating a gust of short-lived wind similar in strength to an F2 tornado, which can be felt by anyone within about thirty meters of the swings arc. The winds are strongest close to the user (within 5 meters), and are capable of knocking senbon, kunai, and shuriken off course, and even lifting people off their feet should they be caught unawares.

NAME: Kazesanpo [Wind walk]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Wind
DESCRIPTION: The blade is only as deadly as its reach, so maneuvering around the battlefield is important to a swordsman, in order to get close to the target, or avoid attacks. By channeling wind chakra into their feet, the user is able to swiftly run, so quickly that to the naked eye it seems like a blur.

NAME: Iaido [Quickdraw]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
ELEMENT: -
DESCRIPTION: Iaido is a style of quickdraw. The secret behind the speed of this quick draw comes from two separate movements. The user will begin with their hands close each one on the opposite side of the tsuba [guard]. The two movements needed to take out the sword in an instant faster than one can raise their guard come from the pulling motion onto the sheath as the user takes out the sword as well as flicking the sword out with their thumb increasing the speed of the pull onto the handle.
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 4, 2023 15:05:43 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Ikana had never fought against a Shinobi that was so highly ranked. To be fair, Ikana had never really fought a Chunin rank ninja either. Unless one counted her competitors in the Chunin Exams. The difference between them was night and day. Though it wasn't astonishing. Ikana expected a challenge. As Ikana's Shuriken were deflected and battered aside all in a single sweeping motion? The small brunette grit her teeth as a gale of wind ripped through the air, her throwing stars hurled backwards before she herself was blasted by the wind. She grit her teeth as she was lifted into the air, only for her to swiftly act. Entering a somersault from the shifted toss as she grabs a particularly tall branch, spinning her body atop it with a flip as she takes advantage of her surroundings. This...

This was going to be a lot more difficult than she envisioned. As her clone was swiftly sliced down and ripped to shreds. Ikana considered her immediate options. Her intention with the clones was to flank Sora on multiple ends, to have a source of water to pull from, but also to gain a bearing on how Sora fought. So far? Exactly as expected. Dangerous at close range. As well as long range apparently. Reaching into her cloak, she knew she needed to keep her trump cards hidden. "If that's the case... Taking the decision to maintain the high ground, Ikana formed a few handseals for a Kawarimi as she runs around the back length of the tree trunk as to hide her form from Sora for but a second, before coming back out as she runs around the tree in a circular motion.

Seemed like she'd be needing to bust out all of her best tricks. Though she needed Sora to get a little bit closer for that.

The remaining water clone recovers from being flung back by the gust of wind at this point. Entering a handspring as it lands upon it's feet. Before long, it rushes forward once again, looking to close the distance as swiftly as possible. It's Wakizashi being drawn in a flicker as it seeks to leap into the air. Using Ikana's small stature and fast speeds, it swings downwards, looking to oppress Sora with its full body weight, trying to force Samidare's weight down towards Sora. Assuming it was successful, the doppleganger attempts to use her as a support to flip over her, and immediately begin a series of swift slashes outwards with the shortsword, looking to oppress their sensei and prevent her from slicing out in that blur of wind. 

Whilst Ikana studied, planned, and prepared her next move. 
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Jun 4, 2023 16:10:39 GMT -5
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 4, 2023 16:36:57 GMT -5
Sora Minami
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Ikana reacted to her plan being thwarted well; her tiny body was thrown by the winds of Sora’s Tatsumaki, but she immediately righted itself with a somersault, catching hold of a nearby branch and using it to leverage herself out of sight, handseals weaving. Sora recognized the seals -a replacement jutsu- but didn’t bother calling out to the Genin just yet. The still another Water clone to deal with, after all.

Speaking of… She thought as the clone charged her, watery wakizashi scraping free of its sheath only to come flying down in a full bodied, spinning vertical chop that would’ve had many Chuunin scrambling to react. Unfortunately for the clone, however, Sora was not a Chuunin, nor even the average Jounin. No, She was a kenjutsu master, and as such she moved with the swiftness borne from twenty years of training with the sword, side-stepping the brunt of the water clones’ attack while interposing Samidare up between the two of them.

There was a screech of metal on metal, the water clone’s wakizashi slamming into Samidare with all the force of Ikana’s body, though it was for naught. The girl’s blade slid along Samidare’s cutting edge, gliding down and to the water clone’s left even as Sora pulled her blade back, allowing the girl’s over-commitment to knock her off balance- and punished it, scoring a one-handed yokogiri across the clone’s back that had it dispersing into a puddle of water.

"I’m going to tell you a story, Ikana.” Sora said as she turned towards where the girl stood, flicking the excess water from Samidare as she did so but not sheathing it. Not yet. Ikana would have another strategy, another idea, and she would need to be ready for it. "When I am done, you will understand what I expect from you in the field.”
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 4, 2023 16:57:52 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
In truth? Despite the plan not going exactly as planned, she was still making headway on her preparations. the clones were never meant to win against Sora. Not in the slightest. Instead, Ikana looked on. Her original intention was to use the Suirou no Jutsu when the clones were dispelled in an attempt to lock Sora in a pool of water upon their dispersal. Seemed like that was a fat chance right about now. Instead, she was now maintaining her safe distance, watching as the water dopple ganger's blade screeched and dragged down along the blade. Samidare. As Ikana maintained her safe distance. Ikana was flexible.

Her plan could change at a moment's notice, and she was mindful of everything she saw. Sora wasn't a Jounin for nothing, and it was evidently clear her power and prowess was something that Ikana was analyzing intently. Even now. The clone was knocked forward, and it burst into a large puddle. Though Sora mentioned that as of now? She was going to tell Ikana a story. About what she would be expected of in the field. Ikana raised a brow, but seemed to enter a more relaxed form. Though her eyes never did stop focusing on the surrounding and Sora. She didn't say anything, but Ikana had always figured that there was really only a few things that mattered.

To complete the mission and its objectives. Regardless of her personal expense. Ikana had lived the entirety of her life understanding that she was as expendable as possibly could be. If she were to fall, there would be plenty others just like her to fill the ranks of the military cog. Frankly, she lived most of her life thinking that nobody would care. Which lead then to the logical conclusion. Why should she? What did she have going on in her life that made life so precious other than the fear that after death there might be nothing but a fade to black? Ikana didn't fear death because of the same reasons as most people. She fantasized it, thought so much about it, and wondered of its encroach.

So. It was time. Time to listen to the tale of Sora Minami.
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 4, 2023 18:08:52 GMT -5
Sora Minami
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"There was once a young orphan girl who loved her team.” Sora said, raising Samidare above her head in a two-handed grip as she spoke, gaze at once far away and very, very near. Chakra streamed from her blade in wispy tendrils, as if smoke were rising up from the blade, but she paid it no mind, almost nonchalantly packing Raiton nature chakra into her weapon, her mind dwelling on those memories- on her story, the story of her team. And the day they all died.

"One day, they encountered an enemy none of them could ever hope to defeat. She glanced towards Ikana, vision focusing in on the young Genin, as she did so, Samidare glowing with the chakra she had forced into the blade… but still, she packed in more. More and more and more until her weapon was awash with it, until it could handle no more. Raiton energy crackled form the tip, scoring the ground around her black with its heat, and Sora knew she had precious little time to unleash it. And still, she spoke.

"Their Sensei sacrificed himself to save the young Genin… but she could not accept this.” Sora moved, stepping forward and swinging the blade down in a left to right diagonal, another yokogiri, only now she let the pent up Raiton chakra within Samidare go, the blade directing it out in the arc of her cut, turning what ought to have been a pointless gesture into a massive, crackling cut of pure Raiton chakra.

Ittoryu: Samidaregiri. The first technique Kunio had helped her learn, oh so long ago. A devastating long-ranged Kenjutsu strike designed to channel the wielder’s natural chakra type into a furious wave of raw energy that would plow through anything in its wake, slicing and burning and scorching until it ran out of fuel. Luckily for Ikana, it wasn’t aimed at the young Genin.

Unluckily, it was aimed at the tree she was hiding in.

Jutsu Used
NAME: Ittoryu: Samidaregiri [One Sword Style: Spring Rain Cutter]
CHAKRA USAGE: High
CLASSIFICATION: Kenjutsu
ELEMENT: Raiton
HANDSEALS: N/a
RESTRICTIONS: Must know Saber Jutsu; Must have Chakra Conductive/Raiton Reactive Blade
DESCRIPTION: A unique variant of the Sabre Jutsu developed by a past user of Samidare Samidaregiri works by flooding Samidare with Raiton-nature chakra, which is then unleashed when the user swings the blade, exploding out it in a "cut” that follows the arc of her slash, but with vastly increased range and intense destructive power, as the "cut” is made of pure Raiton chakra and not only cut, but burns and shocks as well. Destructively speaking, Samidaregiri is capable of carving a large, scorched gouge in thick plates of steel.

This is not to say Samidaregiri is a perfect jutsu; it takes a good few seconds to charge the blade with sufficient chakra and, should the user somehow fail to unleash the cut after charging the blade to full, it will erupt upon them instead of their enemy, essentially making this technique almost as dangerous for the user as it is for their enemy. These cuts have an effective range of roughly 15m.
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 4, 2023 19:00:03 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Ikana listened to the story in question, though she wasn't quite sure what she was supposed to be getting from this tale. Her eyes looked on. Up until she saw that jutsu. The crackling power of electricity threatening to bear down upon the tree she rest on. She watched. Watched as the crackling electrical crescent slashed the tree in a furious wave, slicing through it with ease, as well as every other tree behind it. Ikana was well familiar with the Saberu no Jutsu. It was capable of even cutting pillars of stone with ease. This was an even more powerful version than that.

The young Ikana watched as the tree not only was sliced, but burst into splinters, and as it fell, she leaped to another tree as she leaps from the branch she stood upon, looking to leap to another tree. Though she found herself looking to oppress her foe. It seemed the Kawarimi wasn't going to be necessary. Performing a few handseals, she leaps her way over the woman in question as she feels her chest puff up. Expand inhumanly as she holds her arm level to her chest. "Suiton: Suijinheki!" She vomits forth a large expansive amount of water, a tall torrent forth down towards the pinkette. Looking to envelop her in its expanse to wash her away or to swallow her.

Also to obscure her vision for the next attack. Drawing forth her own blade with a slick motion, she envelops it in her chakra as she slashes downwards. Extending the blade's length as she looks to lash out with her own chakra crescent. Blasting it through the water as she attempts to take advantage of the situation. A saber on saber battle. Ikana needed to exploit the situation and make an opening!

Name:Suijinheki - [Water Encampment Wall]

Type:Ninjutsu

Element:Suiton

HANDSEALS: 5

Description:

Suijinheki is a Ninjutsu utilizing the Water Element. The ninja will first do a string of hand seals and then proceed to blow out a jet of water from their mouth to act as a water barrier from incoming attack.

NAME: Saaberu no Jutsu - [Sabre Technique]

ELEMENT: N/a

DESCRIPTION:

Employing the use of chakra flow, the user runs chakra through their swords, extending both the reach and cutting ability of the blade while allowing the user to fire crescents of chakra whenever the blade is swung on command. This released chakra is capable of great destruction as these projectiles are capable of completely penetrating large stone pillars and still travel in their intended direction.
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Jun 4, 2023 19:37:39 GMT -5
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 4, 2023 19:50:32 GMT -5
Sora Minami
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Sora felt her reserves dwindle as her Jutsu crashed through the forest, tearing up dirt and rocks, cutting through trees and setting small fires in its wake. Battles between Shinobi could be a perilous thing, destructive to both men and the world around them, but it was rare to witness such destructive capabilities unleashed within the confines of a Hidden Village, much less within a training ground meant for Genin. None of the Chuunin in charge of the grounds would dare say anything though, not to her, and certainly not to her student. They knew better than to fuck with a Jounin, after all.

"So the girl convinced her team to turn back. To try and save their Sensei.” Her words came out almost like a mantra, thoughtless and without rhythm, her body and mind elsewhere as she followed Ikana’s leaping path, breath coming in slower and deeper than before. She wasn’t out of chakra, not by a long shot, but no one but a Jinchuuriki could throw out an A-rank jutsu and not feel the burn to some extent. Ikana, however… Ikana was far from done.

Gutsy. She thought as the girl called forth a wall of water from her mouth, a torrent of Suiton chakra meant to wash her away if she remained in place and force her to react to the Genin’s attacks. It was a clever strategy, something that would work against even some Jounin if they were caught unprepared. Which was possible, given how many of those who attained her rank underestimated their younger comrades.

"Ittoryu: Kiretsu!” Sora shouted, Samidare flashing up, then down as she slammed the blade into the wall of water, raw chakra coalescing into a perfect cutting edge that sliced through the Jutsu, cleaving it in twain to crash harmlessly at her sides. And that was where Ikana’s stratagem began to shine; too late, she saw the blur of her student hurtling towards her from above, and it was all she could do to get her weapon back up, interposing it between herself and the Genin’s as she swung for all she was worth, still feeding her Kiretsu.

Chakra washed around Sora, drawing small cuts along her arms as she heaved against the coming attack, burning through chakra with a rapidity that would have leveled a lesser ninja. But she was not a normal Kunoichi. She was Fukyuusha, "She who Endures,” and so Sora did what she had always done, and it was enough. Ikana’s Saber justu at last faded, leaving the Jounin breathless- but relatively unharmed. And now?

Now her student was falling to the ground, utterly helpless for what was about to come next.

"She failed. And everyone fucking died!” The Jounin lept as she screamed, Samidare flashing in an upward arc that would’ve cut Ikana in twain with the sheer, overwhelming speed of the blow… if it had been made with the cutting edge, instead of the flat of the blade. As it stood, if the blow hit Ikana would suffer a serious bruise, perhaps even a cracked rib or two. Nothing a medic couldn’t heal, but a painful reminder nonetheless.

Jutsu Used
NAME: Ittoryu: Kiretsu [One Sword Style: Crack]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium - Very High
ELEMENT: -
DESCRIPTION:
A unique variant of the Saaberu no Jutsu, Kiretsu is a Jutsu based around a singular idea- to cut through even the most ethereal of Jutsu, splitting it in half and therefore keeping it away from the user. This is achieved by coating their blade in chakra, which is then honed into a razor point, capable of slicing through Jutsu such as Katon: Endan or Raiton: Gian without bringing the user to any harm.

As a rule, this Jutsu cannot be used on any Jutsu greater than A rank, or against Jutsu that affect an area wider than the user's total body length. In addition, the Jutsu costs an amount of Chakra equal to one level higher than the Jutsu that is being cut/split (so a Jutsu that uses a Medium amount would take a High amount to split, while one that costs High would cost Very High to split), and cannot be used at range.
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 5, 2023 0:24:37 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Within just a few moments. She'd displayed her martial prowess. Slashing downwards with an oppressive crescent of chakra of her own. As she lashed outward with a strike, she poured her essence into her technique. In those next moments, she found herself bracing her blade as well as possible. Looking to clash with the Samidare as it made its violent encroach. There was a clang as her blade was sent flying into the air, spinning and spiraling. Or rather, its tip as the Wakizashi shattered. After all. Ikana did not know the secret of what made a blade strong. For hers nicked and broke.

She found herself slammed in the stomach and chest as it dragged upwards. Before she was sent flinging backwards, hit along the ground, and she rolled to divert as much of the force as possible across her body. It hurt. For a moment, she lay there, up until dragging her battered body back upwards as she looked to her now mostly useless blade. Tossing it to the side. Nursing her wound momentarily, she tries to maintain her composure, before she proceeded to ask. "What's the point of this story?..." She found herself wondering. Because Ikana had yet to find people that she deemed precious to such a degree she'd mourn greatly for their death.

After all. Ikana felt largely alone for most of her life. "I'm confused on what I'm to learn from this tale. Because I know. I know that if I were to die in an hour, a day, or tomorrow? Nobody would mourn me. So what am I supposed to take away?"
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 5, 2023 9:05:54 GMT -5
Sora Minami
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Ikana took the hit well, rolling with the blow’s momentum to avoid further injury as she was tossed aside like a ragdoll, Samidare snapping the girl’s wakizashi near the tip. Inwardly, Sora winced at the blow- and the destruction of the girl’s blade. She’d swing hard, perhaps too hard, allowing the memories of that day to fuel her attack with emotional strength. Good for the battlefield, certainly, but less so for training with a Genin. Try to remember that in the future, idiot.

"The point, Ikana, was two-fold.” Sora said as she lowered her sword, taking in deep, slow breaths to steady her heartbeat, which had skyrocketed in the last exchange. The girl was good- plenty capable of keeping up on the coming mission, perhaps more so than the other members of Team 1, though she hadn’t tested them yet. She had guts, speed, an intuitive grasp on her own strengths and weaknesses, plus a ruthlessness that could not be taught, only earned. The fact that the Jounin was bleeding was a testament to the girl’s abilities… and a caution, again, on recklessness.

"The first is that I failed to think my actions through to their obvious conclusion.” The words came out soft, a quiet whisper compared to her earlier screams, but Sora knew Ikana would hear every word. Would absorb it, just as she had done, all those years ago. "We were outnumbered and out-classed, but I convinced my team to go back for our Sensei anyway. And because of that foolishness, they died.”

"You will not repeat that mistake.” There was no hint of feeling in Sora’s voice now; this was not a request, but a command. "If I tell you to flee, you flee. And you drag the rest of Team 1 with you even if you have to beat them senseless to do it.” A breath, long and trembling, filled her as she closed her eyes. Centered herself. Let the rage and pain bleed out from her, until she sat in the void at the heart of every storm, the calm center of the typhoon.

"The second aspect of this story was to show you something about me. Do you know what that is, Ikana?” The Jounin waited, allowing the girl a chance to think it over before she spoke again, answering her own question so that the brunette would know, with absolute certainty, that she meant every single word.

"I fight for those I care for. I will die for those I care for, if need be. You are one of those people, whether you believe it or not. So I will not accept you or any of Team 1 throwing their life away on some stupid, bullshit heroics to try and save me. When you are in the field with me, your number one priority is to return home. To live, and to ensure the rest of the Team lives too, myself excluded. You protect each other. And you trust that when your Sensei tells you to run, it's for a damn good reason.”
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 5, 2023 16:27:00 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
She found herself standing there, her hand held to her side as she looked onward towards Sora with dull eyes. As they spoke about thinking about the courses of actions to their obvious conclusions. Ikana found herself nowadays overthinking everything. To ensure she didn't mess up. That she didn't disgrace herself any further. So that she might be useful to those around her, her village, and otherwise. However, when confronted with this idea. That Ikana wouldn't repeat the mistake her sensei did in the past? The one that got people killed? Ikana found herself slowly looking at that emotional response.

"Good soldiers follow orders." She said. Though, before long, her eyes softened a bit. As she found herself much calmer than Sora in these moments. Ikana felt it was difficult to express things strongly anymore, and it was much easier to fall into a state of numbness. "I'll do everything possible to ensure the mission is completed, but so that we all make it back. I promise you however. I won't get anyone else killed to see it done." Though for her own life? She frankly felt little promise in that regard. The last words though?

Ikana found it difficult to digest. That Sora cared about her. That made her eyes look down towards the floor. A bit shyly or nervously. Because those words effected her more than she would have liked to have let on. "..." Rubbing her arm up and down, she slowly steps forward and with a swipe from her arm? A poof of smoke as she materializes a line of bandage and gauze. Ikana wasn't the best at medical anything, but what she did know was how to patch up some basic cuts and scratches. She'd hoped all her time in the medical corps had taught her at least that much.

"Let me help..." If allowed, she'd offer to look at the minor wounds she'd inflicted. Her own pain fading into an ebb as her mind danced with thoughts. Before she found herself asking. "...Where do I stand you think? Did I meet your expectations?"
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Jun 5, 2023 16:27:16 GMT -5
Tell Me, Son of Man.... [Ikana | Closed - Training]Jun 5, 2023 16:52:05 GMT -5
Sora Minami
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
To say Ikana’s reaction was lackluster would have been an understatement; the girl simply nodded along, seemingly unaffected by her pronouncement that her life was important, that it meant something and that she didn’t have permission to throw it away for anyone. But then… then she grew shy, eyes falling to the torn up ground as she held herself, clearly unsure of how to handle what Sora was throwing at her. Fights a Jounin without an ounce of hesitation, but gets shy the moment someone shows affection.

Bah as if she didn’t have enough of a reason to want to change the way things were.

"Yes, Ikana. You did well.” A bit more aggressive than she would have thought, but well. There were tweaks to make, things that could be altered to make her more effective than she was, but nothing major. She simply needed more experience… and a tougher sword, truth be told. "You’ve a good grasp of what your strengths and weaknesses are, and you clearly have some practice at fighting against a superior opponent. You’ll do just fine.”

Sora smiled then, sheathing Samidare as the girl walked over with cloth and bandages, all but ignoring her own injury (as if she hadn’t heard the girl’s bones creaking from the hit) to tend to her cuts. Really, they needed to work on that self-deprecating streak of hers one day. One day soon, if she had her way.

"You can wrap up my cuts, but afterward we’re taking you to a medic. Don’t think I don’t know exactly how hard I just hit you.” The Jounin said, raising a hand to ruffle the brunette’s hair as she did so. It was funny how things worked out. Funny… and sad, all the same.

I miss you, Sensei.