compose a reply
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 7, 2023 22:24:31 GMT -5
Kitiara
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kitiara Avatar
groupnull
age 10 years old birthday 17/04 rank Academy Student occupation Student
"Survival Above All"

There she was again, at the Suna training grounds, doing everything in her power to up her game. Kit had been repeatedly attempting a series of hand seals, but she continuously forgot their sequence. "Boar, Dog, Hare-... Wait a minute... I don't think the rabbit one goes there..." She had a visible look of frustration, and would eventually resort to pulling a small scroll from her bag. It was one her sensei gave to her a long while back. Though he also mentioned she shouldn't attempt it until she was significantly stronger.  

She would place the object at her feet and open it. It's contents revealed the proper hand seals for the jutsu she was attempting. The girl would smirk, as if she found a proper 'workaround' for the issue. Other students in the area seemed to smirk and chuckle at the girl's attempt to use a high-level jutsu... Whatever it might be.

"This time for sure!" She said with far more determination in her voice. "Boar, Dog, Bird, Monkey, Ram! That's it! SUMMONING JUTSU!" She would then slam her palm against the ground, following it with every ounce of chakra she could. Kit grit her teeth and waited... And waited...

After several seconds of staring, nothing would happen. The few fellow students who were in the training area with her all seemed burst into laughter. The girl's determined look changed to one of embarrassment within a moment's notice.   
238@kazekage
Where has written 12 posts
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 7, 2023 23:13:34 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
A Word From the Wise

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

The laughter that filled the training grounds from the few students that seemed to clutter it was hard to miss, of course, Arashi wasn't one to miss out on inspecting what was meant to be the future of the village all things considered. Though today, it seemed much like a look at her past. It was horrifying at first, though in truth, a bit more simple considering she hadn't figured out summoning until much later. Yet that wasn't really the reaction her class got from her when she was teased.

Remaining silent and still at a distance from the group, Arashi would watch the group of children and release a breath as the girl was clearly trying to perform something a bit out of her league. Still, that look alone was just all too familiar for her to ignore. It was enough to make her look away...wanted to at the very least...

Of course, Arashi wasn't exactly that cold hearted...

---------------

With the children still distracted by their classmate's failure, the older female would make her way forward as she held a smirk on her face.

"Well would ya look at that..."

Crossing the distance of the sandy field, Arashi would seem to hold something that looked like a toad upon her shoulder, setting the creature down as she placed one hand upon her hip and then clicking her tongue.

"Gotta watch the direction ya summon these things..."

Raising her brow, she'd look on as the students seemed more amazed at the display as the toad would croak briefly as it began to hop in Kit's direction.

"Your friend happened to land on top of me...so I figured I'd give em directions..."

With the group seeming to show more amazement at the success of their fellow student, Arashi would then seem to signal for them to return to their own training, leaving the Commander with the girl as she then looked down at the scroll with a raised brow.

"Summoning Jutsu huh?"

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Momo

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,684 posts
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 7, 2023 23:35:04 GMT -5
Kitiara
Kitiara Avatar
groupnull
"Survival Above All"

Kit's moment of embarrassment was thankfully interrupted by the sudden arival of a very official-looking adult. The girl had never physically seen the village's Kazekage before, and therefore did not actually know Arashi's status. Of course, the way the woman carried herself alone let the young student know she was someone important.

Even more surprisingly, the woman seemed to be holding a toad of all things!? Had she actually succeeded in summoning one? The ground did appear to be slightly disfigured where her palm impacted it, so it was theoretically possible... Of course, Jojah sensei told her it should have appeared directly in front of her. This was extremely odd. "Heh, yeah, sorry about that." she would apologize while scratching the back of her head.

Meanwhile, she would hear the other students all whispering loudly. One would even audibly remark
"She actually summoned something..." Of course, the woman would shoo them all off after the toad seeming hopped into the girl's arms.

Kitiara would catch the creature and quickly realize that this toad looked nothing like what she was trying to summon. This woman decided to cover for her for some reason.

Of course, then came the question... Why exactly was she trying to use this technique?
"Well, um, ya see..."

"I've been trying to work on some more advanced jutsu for a while now. I wanted to learn something so I could stand out... Maybe even become a genin a bit sooner." The girl would awkwardly look down, a bit embarrassed still at the whole situation. "But... I have trouble remembering the signs, and even when I do that right I feel like I'm missing something."    
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 7, 2023 23:51:18 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Word From the Wise

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

The supposed toad would remain in the girl's arms for a moment, but soon enough it would seem to blink as it was clearly not just what the girl had envisioned. Naturally, since it wasn't exactly a toad to begin with, and it certainly wasn't a mind reader either. The same went for Arashi also. Though as the young woman listened to Kit explanation on just what she was trying to accomplish, the female would sigh as she closed her eyes and then knelt down to her eye level.

She'd look at her directly, her hazel eyes staring at her, and then down at the scroll as she looked it over once more, taking in the details of the direction before once more staring back at Kitiara.

"Well I'd certainly be impressed if ya managed to summon somethin as an academy student...but the point is that ya gotta get the basics down first before ya get to these things ya know?"

Her expression was serious when she said this, though she'd allow a smirk to cross her lips before then rising back up to her feet.

"Still...I'd imagine ya must be pretty good if someone trusted ya already with these steps...so ya got what it takes to do it...one day..."

Saying this, Arashi would cross her arms over her chest as she nodded toward her.

"Walk me through what ya do remember...don't try usin chakra...just the seals in the order you think they should be in..."

Arashi would wait as Momo would seem to just croak once again, leading to the Jounin then holding a toothy grin.

"Pretty sure Momo will tell ya if ya got it wrong..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Momo

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 8, 2023 0:14:15 GMT -5
Kitiara
Kitiara Avatar
groupnull
"Survival Above All"

Kit would take the small amphibian and place it on her left shoulder as the older woman spoke. It was no surprise that a technique like summoning would be extremely hard for an academy student to learn. Though she had mastered most of the basics, there were still a couple pieces she was missing to her puzzle. But both the rope and stealth techniques were so lame compared to something like summoning. "I Know. Sensei Jojah kinda just gave me this scroll after I begged him for two hours strait a few weeks ago... Heh. And I already know most of the basics..."

Then would come the woman's request. Attempting the hand signs unassisted. This was probably her biggest challenge, but she had just preformed them a few moments ago. Surly they wouldn't be too hard to remember... Right?

With a slight nod, Kitiara would begin another attempt at the signs. "Alright... Lets see." She would begin making signs with her small hands, all of which appeared to be fairly proper in form... The order in which they were displayed however...

"Boar, Dog, Monkey, Hare--" she would be cut off by the sound of a loud croak from Momo. "Oh, forget the rabbit." she would mutter to herself before starting over from the beginning. "Boar, Dog, Bird, Tiger, Monkey!" Yet another loud croak would be heard, indicating incorrect signs.

After that, she would attempt a deep breath and close her eyes. She had just done this moments ago, in front of a small crowd at that... She could do it while alone...

"Okay... This time... Boar, Dog, Bird, Monkey, Ram!"
That time there was no croak. She had actually gotten it right. "I think I actually got it that time."  
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 8, 2023 0:39:55 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Word From the Wise

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

Arashi would remain silent as Kit went through the process of going through the signs, her expression calm as she would hear Momo croak at the incorrect order or the misplaced seal. It was more so that the girl was rushing and allowing herself to mix them up, rather than a lack of knowledge. She had been telling the truth, it was just pacing herself and giving her a moment to breath and take her time. Soon enough, it appeared that the right order had been found, leading to her success in front of her classmates.

"It's amazing what happens when ya take your time huh? Well done..."

With her smile returning, Arashi would then watch as Momo hopped from the girl's shoulder, landing back on the ground as they began to move toward an dried tumble of branches, hopping away from the crowd that had seemed to be a bit much for the supposed toad.

"Ya might know most of the the basics, and ya sure as hell got the seals down...but if ya rush through it, all ya got is that awkward moment where ya yellin animal names at your opponent..."

Arashi would then give the girl a shrug before then placing her arm at her side.

"You won't always be able to do it like that of course, so try and work out a rhythm or pattern that might help you remember...like B.D.B.M.R makes Raining Frogs..."

From there, the Jounin would then tilt her head to the side.

"And I'd worry less bout impressin anyone....at the end of the day...these techniques are what you'll be using to survive..."

It was a harsh truth, but it was true none the less. Half of what were considered basic techniques were vital on missions and often could determine just how things went. If everything was meant to be flashy, they certainly wouldn't be shinobi. That in mind, Arashi would then look around her as she then prepared to take her leave.

"But it never hurts to make friends..."

Gesturing toward the students as they seemed more than happy with what they saw Kit do.
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Momo

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 8, 2023 1:03:10 GMT -5
Kitiara
Kitiara Avatar
groupnull
"Survival Above All"

Kit would chuckle with glee as the woman encouraged her, and the rest of her classmates seemed pretty proud too. Taking her time and staying focused had always seemed to be an issue. Though with time she hoped her inhibitions and impulsiveness would leave her. 

"Yeah. I don't think the animal names would do a lot of damage either." She would admit with a bit of a grin. Of course, the names did have a tendency to help jog her memory when it came to hand signs. There were other ways to do that though, as the older woman pointed out by coming up with a cool Acronym. 

Of course, there may have been the unintentional side effect of inspiring Kit.
"Raining Frogs huh... That gives me an idea for a jutsu someday.."

The real moral of this story however was survival. At the end of the day, that's why they were learning the basics. With her home life, Kit understood the need for survival more than most her age. As the jonin mentioned this the young girl's expression would change to a bit more serious look. "Survival... I think you're right."

This moment of realization would be slightly cut off however, as the woman mentioned her classmates. All of which seemed to be watching the interaction with wide eyes. "W-who are you by the way?" Kit would ask. "Are you a new teacher here?"
235@ooakayama
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 9, 2023 22:55:01 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Word From the Wise

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"If you manage to come up with somethin off that alone, I will give you my headband tiara..."

With a smirk crossing her lips, she'd snicker a bit as it appeared that despite the minor influence of an unique jutsu, the girl had gotten the message of what to take from this time. It was a short period of all of these students, and it mattered all the more that they made use of it in the best way they could. Of course, Arashi wished that these things weren't required...even the academy for that matter. Not in the way it functioned. Though that was a bit of a dream, and perhaps she was just happy to have the peace...for however long it lasted.

If she was lucky, maybe beyond her lifetime...

Still, with the gathering seeming to have gained more attention, and Kit now asking just who she was, Arashi would hold a toothy grin as she held her hips with both hands.

"Oonakayama Arashi...and you?"

Rank was important too, but it probably would just give the notion of favoritism to say the least. Though she wasn't lying by saying she was impressed by the girl's tenacity in trying to figure out a technique that was a rank ahead of her training.

"Though I did teach at the academy a few years back...maybe I'll drop by more often..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Momo

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 10, 2023 20:43:23 GMT -5
Kitiara
Kitiara Avatar
groupnull
"Survival Above All"

Kitiara would giggle as the woman mentioned handing over her headband if the girl could come up with a viable jutsu for "frog rain”. Maybe some day it would be a challenge she could accept. Of course, she would need better chakra control first. Maybe even become a genin before then.

As the woman mentioned her name, some of the other students would gasp as if they had heard of her before. Kit recognized the last name in relation to the Kazekage, but knew this woman couldn't be the Kazekage herself. If she was a relative however, that would explain the crowd's reaction.
"Nice to meet you Miss Arashi." 

It was a little odd that this woman had the same name as Kit's 'father', but something she would brush past for now. "I'm Kitiara Yoroha, this is actually my first year in the academy, I was homeschooled prior..." 

The young girl's eyes would widen at Asahi's mention of being a teacher in previous years. Maybe that's why some of the students seemed to recognize her. It also explained why she seemed to have patience for Kit's antics. 

"A teacher huh? I would ask you why you left, but. I'm guessing you got some sort of big promotion." That assumption seemed apparent enough. It also represented a rare opportunity to watch a real shinobi in action. 

Allowing her curiosity to get the best of herself for a moment, Kit would ask
"Are you able to do the summoning technique yourself Miss Arashi? If so, It would be cool to see a proper demonstration."
265@ooakayama
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 10, 2023 21:47:01 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Word From the Wise

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Heh...Something like that...Its nice to meet ya too Kitiara"

A promotion...a possible excuse to keep her in the village, a huge responsibility...

There were a number of possible reasons, though the true one made it all the more important as to why it was felt that she should be a Jounin Commander. Though that was hardly something that Kitiara needed to worry about, let alone the rest of these kids. As some seemed to recognize her a bit more now that they were aware of her name, she'd hear some of the whispers, prompting her to hold her finger up to her lips, listening in as the girl seemed to be the one who might be a bit out of the loop. Which was fine by her.

"They taught ya well...I sorta had a similar education...."

It wasn't friendly by any means, but she had years to get over much of it. It was still there, but the training itself was vital for what she had to deal with. So in the end, maybe the ends did justify some of what had happened.

Not a lot...but some of it...

With the idea presented that she perhaps demonstrate how the Summoning technique was performed, the young female would rub the back of her neck, raising her brow before releasing a breath.

"Huh? I thought that was what you were doing?"

With a small laugh, the Kunoichi would then smirk as she then began to back away as she then nodded her head.

Summoning Demonstration

"Okay...make sure you guys are paying attention..."

Stopping after a few steps, Arashi would then swipe her thumb passed her lips, biting it's surface lightly as she tasted the bitter mix of sand and blood. From there, she'd begin to form the seals in as slow a fashion as possible.

"Boar → Dog → Bird → Monkey → Ram!"

From there, she'd kneel down, chakra briefly flickering off her frame as she slammed her hands down and created a seal down across the surface of the sand itself. As smoke emerged from around her, blocking out her appearance, the white mist would fade as a large four legged creature would seem to stand in front of the shinobi. The beast would roar, yet this terrifying cry was soon revealed to be nothing more than a yawn. The ten foot bear-like beast would then look around, see the children, before then growling briefly as Arashi came up from behind him.

"This is Zuko...he's part of a group known as the Dark-eyed Bandits. He may seem scary, but he's a bit of a softy..."

As Zuko felt the woman's hand cross his fur, he'd coo for a moment, but then narrow his eyes as he could smell the area and then scan it briefly before looking back at the young female with a raised brow. From there, Arashi would lean in as she whispered something in his ear.

Don't worry...Momo's fine...just needed to help some students...he's over there in the bushes hiding for now...

In hearing this, the large Tanuki would then grunt before sitting himself down as he held up one paw as if to say hello.

"Summoning animals come in all shapes and sizes...the bigger ones require an offering...hence the blood...but also chakra...and the amount of chakra ya exert into the seal will decide just who among them answers....It can also be dependent on a pact...or contract...that you make with them..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-
NAME: Kuchiyose no Jutsu [Summoning Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low - Very High depending on summon.
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
One of the most common and beneficial techniques in the known shinobi world. Simply drawing blood and releasing a mass of chakra from one's extended hand is capable of calling an animal or otherwise to one's location. As a Space-Time Ninjutsu, this technique is capable of instantly displacing an intended summon from wherever they may be to the requested location, though there are obstacles that can prevent this. To use this jutsu, one must first make a contract with whatever they are summoning, living creature or not. Both the size and the stamina of what a shinobi calls upon increases the demand of chakra they must spend to perform the jutsu.

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Zuko

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 10, 2023 22:09:50 GMT -5
Kitiara
Kitiara Avatar
groupnull
"Survival Above All"

Kitiara couldn't help but smirk, as her plan to see a proper summoning jutsu in action was coming to fruition. Though she herself had signed a summoning contract with a group of powerful toads, she had never actually summoned them before. In fact, the man who helped her make the contract never even demonstrated proper summoning. The best she got was a rough description... Until now. This was maybe her best shot at learning to reverse engineer the technique in the future.

She would stand back a bit, just as the woman took a few steps away for herself. Then it came. The crowd of watching children would let out a series of 'oos' and 'aahs' before the sudden roaring sound. The volume even made Kit jump a little before she realize that the summon was a mostly harmless bear-like creature.
"Oh he seems nice! I wonder if their good at stealing stuff. They are called bandits." The girl would unironically ponder this for a moment before walking forward toward the summon.

She would reach a hand out, attempting to pet Zuko if he would allow it.
"So the more chakra you use, the bigger the summoned creature is? I guess that makes sense."

The girl had also forgot she needed blood for a more powerful summon. She did sign the contract in blood after all. "You must be pretty strong to summon something this big then..."

A plan began to formulate in the student's head, maybe a juvenile one, but it was a plan. Something to keep her motivated... 

262@ooakayama
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 10, 2023 22:23:50 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Word From the Wise

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Arashi would watch as the students seemed to surround Zuko now, petting him as he sat there and allowed it. In a way, the large tanuki always reminded her of her dog, Kai. Who was also a bit of a friendly giant. But with the question of if Zuko might be good at stealing things, the creature would look over toward Arashi, a bead of sweat dripping from his face before the young woman would laugh as she shook her head.

"They used to do that back in Sekara...though I managed to set em straight....right?"

Raising her brow, Arashi would look over at the creature, who's head nodded quickly before averting it's gaze from her.

"Note to self....make sure to check on that..."

Cupping her hand beneath her face, she'd frown at a bit at this possible renewed problem, though continue to watch the group as they seemed more and more interested in Zuko. Or at least, most of them were as Kitiara seemed more inclined to ask more on the process. It was likely her way of confirming just what was required, though she was certainly quick to give her praise on the matter of her chakra output.

"Ya could say that...Of course...I'd never summon anything massive within the village...or at all honestly...unless it was a dire situation. Which can happen at times in the field, but it's pretty rare..."

Arashi had enough tricks to deal with a massive problem, but having the leader of the Raccoon Dogs ready to act was a comfort. Of course, if things were indeed that severe, perhaps it was a job for the Kazekage, and not just her. Not that she wasn't confident, she just knew how far she could go and the limit o her abilities.

"But ya gotta remember that summoning something big during a fight is taxing, and ya can leave yourself wide open for attack if your too winded to fight back. Thats were chakra control comes in..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Zuko

MADE BY VEL OF GS
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 10, 2023 23:13:48 GMT -5
Kitiara
Kitiara Avatar
groupnull
"Survival Above All"

Kit could almost laugh as she saw the nervous look overtake the tanuki's face. Of course, she was quickly reassured that they were only 'former' thieves. "Oh, don't be too bashful. I'm sure those skills come in handy on occasion." She would pet the large tanuki with a smile, trying to reassure it in a way.

It was then that the woman explained she could make even larger summons. Kit's eyes would widen at the mention of it, only to have her excitement tempered by the Jonin yet again. Summoning larger creatures would be exhausting, especially to someone her size. That made sense, but only determined the girl a bit further. 

The student would cross her arms and close her eyes with a smirk. "It's settled then..." She would say in seriousness. The rest of the students would then turn, all curiously wonder about the shift in Kit's tone. "All the world's greatest ninja have rivals. People who push them to become greater. From this day on, you Oonakayama Arashi SHALL BE MY RIVAL!" 

All the other students would comically drop to the ground dumbfounded and shocked. Meanwhile Kit simply looked on with childish determination and delusions of grandeur. It was unlike her to have much passion for the ninja way of life, but something in this Jonin inspired the young girl. It lit a fire she never realized she had. 

231@ooakayama
A Word From the Wise [Lesson One]Jun 15, 2023 11:54:12 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
A Word From the Wise

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

The girl was a bit of a natural. Or at least she appeared that way when it came to dealing with creatures as easily as she was with Zuko. As the large Tanuki growled softly, he'd take the praise from the young child as he remained seated, clearly enjoying the attention from everyone. Of course, it seemed that all eyes would shift back toward Arashi upon hearing Kitiara's announcement of having the older female be her rival.

Which, left the Jounin a bit at a loss for words.

It wasn't as if she never had a rival before. In fact, she had a few of them over the years. She had even gone so far as to make one for herself, and it was for a similar reason as Kitiara. To improve and become greater than she had been. Though it was far easier for most people to claim that she had the advantage, the truth wasn't as clear cut. Anyone could reasonably surpass a Jinchuuriki. Hell, it wasn't that hard to picture it. So what could be the harm? If anything, it made things interesting.

"Okay? Well..."

Leaning down slightly, she'd raise her brow before then grinning.

"Ya better get started in catchin up..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-
x-Zuko

MADE BY VEL OF GS