Raising the Stakes [Han]Nov 7, 2023 13:54:14 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ichigoni
Dattebayo.
Uzumaki Ichigoni Avatar
groupnull
age 24 years old birthday January 1st rank Jounin occupation Kaigun-daisa
[googlefont=Crimson Text]
くたばれ
Being underwater had saved him from having to fight blind, but in some ways Ichigoni regretted being unable to speak throughout most of the battle beyond their brief break. Perhaps afterwards there would be time to debrief on the training. He still had his reservations about the beast sealed within the kage, but the initial shock of it had worn off. It was exciting to think of fuinjutsu that could pull off such a feat. The limits of sealing techniques went much further than he’d known.

Toru kicked off of Gama to get away, and instinctively the toad’s tongue started to leave his mouth before he wisely retracted it. Toru was too spicy for Gama, and he wouldn’t make the mistake again. The toad stopped to size up the situation and prepared for a counter attack by moving closer to his summoner. The two had been working together for some time, and he knew that Ichigoni would often switch to ranged attacks over pursuing an evasive foe. The toad hadn't yet noticed the coral sprouting on his shoulder or the fact that he was beginning to sink.

Ichigoni lifted his arm and sent wind chakra into his glove, and threw the javelin aiming at Toru’s other arm. Air bubbles would burst from his hand as he threw, because of the glove’s ability to add extra force to his throws.

Gama attempts to size up Toru's attack, but will be unable to intercept to take a blow for Ichigoni because of the coral he has yet to notice.

Javelin Dragon
Ichigoni excels at maneuvering and utilizing his sealing stakes as javelins to deadly effect. He is better at maximizing his reach, parrying, and throwing javelins than his peers.

Quills of the Sea Urchin
Hisan Fūgui is Ichigoni's specialty technique. The durability of his rods allow them to go toe to toe in clashes with most chakra enhanced weapons without breaking, and they possess the chakra conductive trait.

[Futon Reactive]- By expending a low amount of chakra, futon chakra can be expelled when the glove makes a flicking motion to throw an object held in the hand. This greatly enhances the speed of projectile throwing of all kinds, but this effect can't be used while moulding chakra with other elements.

[Pitcher's Grip]- The bottom of these gloves are made of material with good grip. This makes the glove well suited for throwing projectiles more accurately.

NAME: Hisan Yari [Flying Javelin]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:
The user grips their javelin firmly before launching it towards the opponent with incredible strength and speed, enough to pierce straight through an entire boulder. The strength of the attack allows the javelin to match up to low tier ninjutsu such as fire balls, waves of water or large boulders and even electrical or wind based attacks, and using its piercing power allow it to strike right through such techniques and into the opponent. Needless to say this tech can allow a javelin user to pierce right through an opponent or even a group of them, and the speed allows it to fly as if one threw a kunai.

Sharp has written 112 posts
Raising the Stakes [Han]Nov 11, 2023 21:30:28 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world

The fuuton chakra definitely added a little more power to the throw but since they were underwater, there was still that viscosity to the water slowing everything down ever so slightly which meant that at this distance Toru had enough time to react. Using a swatch of his tails to manipulate coral to grow into a partial dome shape to protect him it was open at the ceiling area which meant Toru would push off of the ground and propel himself upwards, the cloak slowly dissipating from his body as he did so in an attempt to surface at the top.

Though he did give Ichigoni one glance and point up for him to follow. Maybe it was a slightly strange move but the truth of the matter was Toru had already noticed that the coral was growing on Gama and that would require shattering the coral and removing it before it became too all encompassing and caused the toad to have issues. Toru was aware enough of how summons were companions in combat and needed to be cared for like allies, which was why he was choosing to suddenly stop battle...

There was also the added element of them going back and forth in the water with limited resources feeling a touch repetitive and he doubted that Ichigoni was feeling very stimulated in the moment anyway. Though, perhaps he was just presumptuous in this regard.

Han has written 2,374 posts
Raising the Stakes [Han]Nov 17, 2023 23:52:35 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ichigoni
Dattebayo.
Uzumaki Ichigoni Avatar
groupnull
くたばれ
Ichigoni noticed that Toru signaled him up, and then looked to Gama to see coral beginning to expand on his body. The toad was struggling to keep from sinking. As a toad that wasn’t an immediate danger, but the coral was concerning. Before following Toru up, Ichigoni swam towards his companion and helped to push him up towards the surface. The toad was heavy, but he had a good amount of fat that helped to make him float somewhat easier.

As his head departed the water and he took a deep breath of fresh air, he treaded water with the large toad’s back under his arms, although Ichigoni too would start to feel his left arm starting to become encased as well. Working quickly, he reached towards Toru and pulled the sealing stake from his arm. No wound would be left behind and the paralysis condition would immediately end. He hoped that would make it easier for the kage to help him.

"Can you end it?” Ichigoni asked, feeling more vulnerable than ever as he felt more of himself being fused to coral and the toad. Swimming was becoming more and more difficult as one of Gama’s legs became enveloped and he stopped helping bear much of his great weight. Gama didn’t complain, but had a somewhat distressed look on his face.

Raising the Stakes [Han]Nov 18, 2023 11:19:44 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru burst from the water and soon after all signs of his status as a jinchuuriki would disappear from his body, he was standing but he really just wanted to sit down and relax a bit in the water. Not yet though, as Ichigoni would remove the stake from his arm making the feeling of numbness go away. He wondered if he would be able to do this himself, where he could just remove the stake in the future or if it could only be removed by the person placing the seal itself. It was definitely a curiosity, but it was also a very powerful weapon... He knew there were others like himself and to put Ichigoni up against them could very well be a good thing.

When asked if he could end the growth of the coral Toru nodded simply. It would require a lot of effort but he could do it.

"Stay still, please."

With that said he moved over to where the coral was growing on the toad and pull out his sword, the coral one, focusing chakra to it before he would aim to slice right through the coral like butter, cracking and shattering it. It would not harm Gama if he did not move anywhere, otherwise it might nick him but Toru was quite accurate with his sword having a very special proficiency for swords in general.

Once that was done he would sheath his sword and dispel the mist that enveloped the area.

"Thank you for your time, it was unexpected to fight beneath the waves but interesting and good practice."

NAME: Ittoryu: Kiretsu [One Sword Style: Crack]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium - Very High
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
DESCRIPTION:
A unique variant of the Saaberu no Jutsu, Kiretsu is a Jutsu based around a singular idea- to cut through even the most ethereal of Jutsu, splitting it in half and therefore keeping it away from the user. This is achieved by coating their blade in chakra, which is then honed into a razor point, capable of slicing through Jutsu such as Katon: Endan or Raiton: Gian without bringing the user to any harm.

As a rule, this Jutsu costs an amount of Chakra equal to one level higher than the Jutsu that is being cut/split (so a Jutsu that uses a Medium amount would take a High amount to split, while one that costs High would cost Very High to split), and cannot be used at range. Additionally, Jutsu designed to be explicitly defensive in nature (such as the various elemental armors) are significantly more resilient to being split, making this Jutsu ineffective at piercing their defenses.

Raising the Stakes [Han]Nov 20, 2023 12:41:52 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ichigoni
Dattebayo.
Uzumaki Ichigoni Avatar
groupnull
くたばれ
Gama was very patient and very still. Ichigoni was grateful that it had been this particular toad and not Gamatatsu or Gamakichi, he imagined both of them would have struggled to do as the Mizukage instructed for different reasons. It would have been nightmarish.

Once he was freed, Ichigoni patted Gama on the shoulder and the toad understood it as both a thank you and permission to return home. The two had been working together now for some time, and Ichigoni knew the toad disliked speaking, probably because of the discomfort of carrying the summoning contract within his gullet.

"The Kirigakure Jutsu was something I was never taught because of my heritage,” the Uzumaki said. "I’ve got a good deal of experience sparing against people using it though, and the water makes for a good way to nullify its advantage.”

He was glad for the conversation after the spar to turn back to the mundane. It felt like it would be a shame to bring up more serious matters like the revelation of the kage’s secret. Ichigoni balanced on the surface of the water.

"Indeed. Thank you for training with me as well. I still have a lot to learn,” the Uzumaki said. "I will continue to seek improvement.”

Raising the Stakes [Han]Nov 21, 2023 11:16:14 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru knew of Ichigoni's heritage, of course, it was an unusual one to find in Mizu no Kuni. But he had not come from Konohagakure or Kusagakure, so for him - despite the Uzumaki alliance with those villages - he felt in safe hands. No doubt, Ichigoni had more than proven himself as a worthy contributor and soldier of the mist, why it had never been taught to him, he was uncertain... It might be time to remedy this.

"It is more interesting to spar and test one's weaknesses and strengths in a more realistic scenario, than to spar against a dummy and discover nothing about yourself."

Training was a vital part of being a shinobi, the majority of their job was to do so. To keep the body and mind in top condition for battle. But it was always better to do it against another person, a real threat. It also helped them all learn more about each other and for Toru it allowed him to build strategies in his mind for much bigger battlefields that Ichigoni was unlikely aware of yet. He would know soon enough.

The leader looked down towards their feet on the water, thinking his next words over as he had never been - in his mind - particularly good with them.

"Let us meet again, same time next week. I will teach you this technique. It is a rite of passage for any loyal and strong shinobi of our village. You belong in that definition."

Raising the Stakes [Han]Nov 21, 2023 23:31:26 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ichigoni
Dattebayo.
Uzumaki Ichigoni Avatar
groupnull
くたばれ
Ichigoni listened to Toru’s words as the water of the lake dripped from his body into the water below. Sparing was indeed a great way to learn, and it was refreshing to be in a spar that wasn’t a teammate trying to pick a fight with him. Hopefully those days were behind him.

"My chakra stakes are refined beyond what my father showed me,” Ichigoni said. "I struggled against your armor, so I believe that you may have better luck against another of my clan. Some are said to have the ability to manifest chains with somewhat similar properties that could prove to be more dangerous to you as they don’t depend on piercing armor.”

With the offer to be taught the hidden mist jutsu from the kage, Ichigoni perked up. He’d always felt like an outsider in his own village. Perhaps with his promotion and the kage’s attention that would change. He sensed that the kage had other matters to attend and that their time was up for now.

"Thank you for trusting me. I will not make you regret it,” Ichigoni said, bringing his fingers in front of him and bowing. "I look forward to our next meeting.”

Afterwards, unless stopped, Ichigoni would turn away and head back towards the shore of the lake. There was much to do, but for now he needed to change into fresh clothes and warm up.