Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"So thats who your great great great grandmother managed to take on an army of hundreds of tribesmen from all over...literally surrounding by nothing but a sea of soliders...their weapons aimed to take her done without a second thought..."

Closing the book, Arashi would smirk as she looked down toward her baby brother, having seen his eyes closing once or twice during her rendition of the story of Oonakayama Sumiya, finally having drifted into his land of dreams. Naturally, it was meant to be boring to a child, but it looked as if he had managed to take some interest in it, at least enough that he would find some adventure in his slumbers. That said, Arashi would begin to make her leave, petting Nai's head as the large canine would seem to have found her place within the boy's room, making herself comfortable on the bed beside the child as Arashi left the door open a crack for her to follow if she wished.

The last thing she was trying to do was pawn the dog off, but she also knew that with her paws still in delicate condition, she may wish to remain in one place for the night, rather than wander. This would leave that to her.

As she gently descended the stairs, she'd brush her hair from her face before making her way toward her father's study, knowing well to return anything that she took from there. Not that if was ever an issue, but considering her experience, she rarely ever went in that study for reasons. Mostly horrific trauma, but other things too.

With her feet tapping against the surface of the floor, she'd swing herself around to the hallway, book still tightly in hand as she looked down the path and seen the images on the walls.

She hadn't been lying when she said before that the place was getting less and less filled of late. Partially due to schedules, but also with her mother still helping the Saeko Clan, it meant that there was less call for anyone really to be home. Set was off on extended leave and decided to spend it with his teammates, so that left only Arashi and her father to man the Manor for the time being. Which, considering the two of them, meant it was even more empty usually.

Entering the study, Arashi would look through the shelves and find the place for the book, sliding it into place as she then sat down on the surface of the desk, allowing herself a moment to take in the room.

"Shit..."

A frown resting on her face, she'd note what looked to be a canvas next to the window, a blank expression on her face as she began to walk to it. She'd seen it before within her father's office, showing that he had been working on it from home. Though she hadn't realized that he had gone so far as to bring it with him. Tilting her head to the side, the young woman would blink as she raised a brow before cupping her hand beneath her face. As she tilted her head to the other side, she'd attempt again to look at it before then sniffing the air as she stood there for a moment.

"Who'd think the old man was an artist..."

A smirk crossed her lips as she continued to look at it, soon leaning back as she began to look at the ceiling.

"Maybe I need to get a hobby...Asahi has his models...Zak...his activities...even Miori has her puppets...I swear I used to do something to pass the time besides readin..."

Raising up to sit once more upon the desk, she'd lift her leg up to her knee as she began to consider her options.

"Writing....nah...too dark...flower arranging...nope...too girly..."

Head lowering to rest on her knee, she'd blink for a moment before then looking around the room and seeing the seals and symbols scattered about the place.

"Calligraphy...duh..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 23, 2023 23:01:20 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,691 posts
All Good Things[Takato/I]Jun 23, 2023 23:52:49 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday 2/5 rank Kazekage occupation

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

The Kazekage groaned as he took further steps home. His hand reaching to the back of his neck, feeling the damp skin hidden by his hood, sliding over unkept features that began to show a beard of brown peppered with salt and tired eyes that made him wish to just collapse had his dignity not allowed him to fall. The day, no, the week, had been long. He had felt that every meeting, every missive, every single part of the last few months had seemed to stretch like an age. He didn't resent the responsibility, but sometimes he felt it chipping at him.

As he entered the manor, silence met him. It had felt less than the warm home of before and more just a place he lived in. The lights were on, he could hear one of his daughter's dogs, but other than that, it didn't feel like it used to. In fact, he could imagine that Arashi was at home, he couldn't say that they saw each other, somedays it felt that he and his daughter didn't see each other and that only the caretakers of his youngest son were there when he was in his office.

Quietly he would walk through the silent hallways, ascending the stairs and heading to his study, finding the doors opened and the light on, he quietly stumbled on the shape of someone working over fresh parchment, diligently guiding the brush as she tried to scribbled a string of characters. "My dear daughter." He said, hands behind his hand as he appraised her work. "It fills me with joy to see you trying one of the arts.... But for that size of parchment I suggest using red ink, more legible than black." He said, giving her a tired smile.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 418 posts
All Good Things[Takato/I]Jun 24, 2023 0:20:00 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

At Nightfall

It wasn't surprising that she would suddenly find herself at least attempting it. It was no different than when she did seals on paper and parchment. Each stroke needing to be with purpose and drive, each line correct and in line with the others. The design of the lettering with each gently movement, Arashi would work along the length of the template before her, looking upward briefly at the Clan Seal overhead as she continued to work.

Honestly, it was quite relaxing, and certainly less stressful. She was actually at herself as she stood before the desk, her hand reaching over to dip the brush into the ink well beside her, resuming her craft. She hadn't even realized the halt of footsteps until a voice came from the entrance, prompting her to stop all movement completely. Looking upward, the young woman would hear the praise of her father in her doing one of the arts, leading to him giving the suggestion of red ink rather than black.

As she released a breath, Arashi would reach up toward her face, grazing it slightly with ink before then closing her eyes without realizing the black line beneath them now.

"Thanks...I...just figured I'd try it..."

Her expression was calm as she spoke, pulling herself away from the parchment before then returning the brush to it's place as she twisted her expression a bit as she looked it over.

"Red ink....why didn't I think of that?"

Clicking her tongue, the Jounin would then begin to look for it upon the desk, her eyes keeping away
from the man before she finally found it and began to wet the mixture with water. Though as she did, she'd soon begin to prepare to leave, gently taking hold of the parchment as she felt her face starting to burn up a bit.

"I...wasn't expectin ya to be home yet...I'll...just...take this to my room...just didn't wanna wake up Take...kinda just got em to sleep ya know?"

Finally looking up at him, her expression blank and yet showing embarrassment, the female would then continue to straighten up as she held a sheepish grin on her face.

"And...well...I mean...its...a nice space..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jun 24, 2023 0:20:53 GMT -5
All Good Things[Takato/I]Jun 25, 2023 1:44:28 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"Please, don't let my presence drive you away." The Kazekage said, raising his hand in an apologetic gesture. "I build this library to preserve knowledge, not to guard it. And you have as much right as me to be here." He added using a warm tone, moving to a cabinet and opening it carefully, retrieving a glass pot filled with the red ink and a fresh new brush, holding them for his daughter to take. Once she did, he would admire her work, arms behind his back, back crooking slightly as he leaned forward examining what she had been doing.

"Interesting pattern." He said, intrigued by the shapes she had given form with the black ink. "Elegant and intricate, is it a seal, Arashi?" He asked her, genuinely interested. It sure looked like one, although he couldn't be certain of it. It could simply be a showing of calligraphy, an exercise that she did as a form of meditation, to shake some of the daily frustrations much like he did when he arrived at this sanctum to find solace in the form of knowledge or artistry. A thin smile appeared at that thought. She is more like you than you can imagine. He heard the voice of his wife when he had told him that.

"Do you mind if I practice myself? My hand is tired from writing all day long, but I could use some relaxation." He added before opening his mouth again. "If you're ok with it, that is. I don't wish to interrupt your concentration." He said once more, sounding apologetic. If anything, he would like to spend time with his eldest child. He had wondered how long it had been since they had been in the same room without arguing.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Jun 25, 2023 2:12:15 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

At Nightfall

As her father seemed to encourage her to continue to work from here, Arashi would hold a blank expression, watching his moments as he'd retrieve a spare ink pot to add to the space, allowing for an extension of his hand with brush in her direction, to which she'd reach out slowly, yet slightly hesitantly to take. She'd pause briefly, but then raise her brow before then taking hold of the handle end as she'd nod in his direction before then hearing the rest. A rite to be here...as much as he did...

A small smile crossed her lips as she'd then take hold of the wooden handle, twirling it briefly between her fingertips as she then began to dip it into the ink and began to work once more. Unveiling her work, it certainly wasn't exactly what she imagine an expert would perform, but her father seemed to find it elegant. A small part of her leapt with pride, though she had worked on containing such things over the years. Continuing her work, his question of if it were a seal did prompt her to pause for a moment, reeling back as she looked it over.

"It's supposed to be the Oonakayama crest...though I guess it never really got a creed...so I'm....well..making one up..Heh..."

Continuing forth with her made up creed, she'd soon see her father attempting to join her as he awaited her permission to do so, leaving it up to her. With a calm expression, Arashi would look up at him, the black in still crossed beneath her eyes as she stared at him before then holding a toothy grin on her face, one that would likely be familiar to him.

"Sure...I mean...its our space after all...right?"

Returning back to her work, she'd glance briefly toward his own work and see his own representation of the artform, finding herself briefly seeing a faint memory.

It wasn't as elaborate of this, but just simply of the two of them drawing lines. A small girl following the similar design of her father, trying to match it as best she could. A giggle escaping their lips as she'd find it impossible at first, but slowly starting to get it the more she watched. Closing her eyes, she'd then continue again as she worked further on her own design.

"I missed this..."

Realizing what she said, Arashi would cough slightly, though it was clear there was no making up for what she had spoken out loud, though she'd do her best to look away as she continued to focus on her work.
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Jun 25, 2023 22:59:19 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

The Kazekage would sit down next to his daughter, pulling down his hood, revealing hair slightly longer than what he had always kept, flecked with more grey than than in the past months. His hand reached to a spare scroll, untouched, another hand reaching for an empty ink bottle and pot, taking a new brush and admiring the blank canvas before him, waiting for the impulse to drag his brush over the red ink, the muse to begin tracing, raising his hand, pulling the long sleeve of his tunic as he made the first move before he stopped as he listened to his daughter murmured words.

He blinked for a second and he smiled as he understood what she had meant even after she had tried to hide it with a cough. "I have missed this too." He told her with a brittle and quiet tone, leaning in and placing a hiss on the top of her head. Takato smiled continued for a brief second, until the inspiration finally struck and he began to drag the damp, red stained trip of the brush and began his design, each stroke a being precise and practiced as if repetition had directed the movements.

In nine strokes he would finish his first work. The kanji for sword wrought in red, the ink still wet yet beginning to dry. It was a good start, a good warm up. A bit stale yes, but also something that he could feel content with. "So, you think our clan needs some words to live by?" He added, curious of what she had meant before. "I'm sure at some point we had our words. Even when these might be lost to time." He said. In truth, he unsure of said words, if they even existed.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Jun 26, 2023 10:08:37 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

Despite her best effort to cover for herself, it was very apparent that the man had heard her, indicating as much as he stated his own feelings on the matter, followed by a small kiss to her forehead. Looking toward him, a smirk crossed her lips as she continue to work along side him. It was funny how this was indeed the first in a long time that the two of them had just done something together. Save for argue. Or give one another an awkward nod in passing.

But in this moment, just simply working on a small project side by side, it felt like those issues or disagreements didn't matter. At least not here.

Brushing her hair from her face, Arashi finished her first attempt with the red ink, looking over the design and finding it sorely lacking for better words. Granted, she could see where she had slipped up a few times and had attempted to make repairs, but it certainly wouldn't be wining her any points for elegance.

As she narrowed her eyes with an annoyed look, she'd sigh before looking over to see her father having finished himself, his displaying far more reaching experience to say the least. Yet, even so, he didn't look anymore happy with his than she did.

Preparing to start again, Arashi would hear the question of a Clan creed, leading to her glancing upward as began to work on the next draft. Her father would probably be the best authority when it came to family history, despite her being a bit of a history buff herself. Still, it at least confirmed that while there may have been a creed at one point in time, it had likely been lost over time.

"Exactly....I've literally gone through most of these books more than once...and I can't recall ever finding a trace of any recorded statement in terms of the Oonakayama ever having a creed...or like ya said...it was just lost..."

Stopping for a bit, her hand would cup itself beneath her face, narrowing her eyes as she recalled back to the Tomb of the First.

"Now that I think about it...even Sumiya's tomb didn't have any sign of one...which you'd think be the first place they'd leave it...and its one of the oldest structures we have left..."

That said, Arashi could feel her thoughts going into overtime, but, she'd stop herself short before then shrugging her shoulders before returning back to the parchment before her.

"Course...could be just that it never had one...hard to be poetic when your establishing a nation right?"

Dipping her brush into the ink pot, she'd continue to speak as she worked.

"I don't know if we need words to live by...maybe a template is the better word...something to aspire to..ya know?"

In saying that, Arashi would laugh before shaking her head.

"Though no way in hel..I mean...theres no way I'd be the one to come up with it...
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Jun 28, 2023 17:12:28 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"True, but usually you have remembrancers and chroniclers writing such epic." He added with a matter of fact tone, sounding perhaps more blunt than he had intended too. "I can't imagine Lady Sumiya ducking, turning to a chronicler and then going to battle." The Kazekage added, chuckling to himself as he imagined such action. Wars and battles seldom had moments in which speeches that would uplift the spirits were given at every single instance. "Accounts are either forgotten or given a lavish treatment." Takato added as he left his scroll, allowing the ink to dry as he went to look for an ancient tome, stopping at a shelve and picking it it almost instinctively. "Ah, here it is." He said and pulled the tome, flicking through pages.

His eyes going through the tome that had been inscribed, each letter seemingly containing a different writing, pages going from aged yellow to pristine white, until he stopped and began to speak, reading the lines that he had found. "There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. It is doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is." Takato ended the quote and looked at her. "If the account is to be believed, I said that to inspire my unit before we tried our assault to Ame. I'm quite certain I didn't say those things." He added as he gently closed the book and placed it on a table.

"Perhaps our clan never had words. Deeds were our warcry, it would fit Sumiya I think. She was a woman driven by a goal and said what she thought was necessary, when it was necessary." Takato added with a shrug. "Perhaps we could come with the words to inspire our clan ourselves."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Takato on Jun 29, 2023 15:03:39 GMT -5
All Good Things[Takato/I]Jul 2, 2023 21:48:32 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

"Ha ha ha ha...Leave it to you to have a dry sense of humor..ya know what I meant..."

Raising her brow, she'd then gesture to the side as she watched her father seem to move away from his work, prompting him to go toward the row of shelves behind him as his work began to dry. Completing her own, Arashi would watch him closely, seeing the clear intent of his vision as he distinctly drew a tome from it's collected content. It's appearance was defined by it's age, and as he brought it forward, a sense of satisfaction was present on his face. Flicking through the pages, he seemed to find what he was looking for, prompting the young woman to move over to his side and look over his shoulder.

It was not every day that you got to hear a quote that was written long ago, especially one that was considered to be a life long reflection of a Clan. Though in hearing it, the excitement upon the woman's face seemed to fade to one of pure dread as she felt her teeth clench into an uncomfortable smile. She could only imagine who wrote this, and it if were Sumiya, she felt the woman may have been distracted by other things to put much thought into it.

"Wow....."

Arashi would say this single word, looking at the older man with a blank expression before hearing his own thoughts on it, blinking for a moment as she placed one hand on her hip before shaking her head.

"No kiddin...I mean...just what the heck is anyone to make of that before they go into a battle?"

Granted, she figured it had a lot to do with defeating one's fear when facing conflict. If anything, it reminded her of a quote on the subject of war. In hearing the Kage's own reflection, Arashi would remain silent as she took it in. A Clan driven by action alone. It did sound like Sumiya in a sense. Her actions weren't completely diplomatic, but they were fair and effective.

With her hand cupped beneath her face, she'd smirk at the idea of coming up with one on their own, rather than looking to the past for guidance on such matters.

"Aren't we already doing that? Granted I'm not exactly one to work well with words...but thats where you come in...I just...follow along as best I can to your example..."

It wasn't flattery...

Though she certainly wasn't one to write down poetry or create unique war songs, her actions were indeed defining in their own way. Much of which, she gained from what she believed her parents would do. Actions did speak louder than words at times, but words were unforgettable...and would outlive everyone...

"Not always to the letter but...ya know? I'm only half Oonakayama..."

Brushing her hair back, she'd lean against the desk as she looked toward the shelves with a calm expression.

"And after what I saw at the capital...and out there...pretty sure that half saved my life more than once..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Jul 4, 2023 21:40:27 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"Certainly the better half then." Takato said with a chuckle before turning to his daughter, his face turning more serious for a brief second. "Never said that to your grandfather, or mention that I said it. I don't he likes me too much." The Kazekage added, remembering the few instances in which he had met his father in law, the man being less than appreciative of him and considering a wimp, even after he had gone through the marriage ritual of his wife's clan. To say it had been tense, even after skinning the giant lion would be a understatement.

"In my experience, usually you don't have time to give inspirational speeches, but when you do, they're usually to the point." He added, beginning to scratch his chin, feeling the roughness of the stubble he had allowed to grow. "Stand ready? I'll hold this line with you?" He said, pulling out of the bag of experience, things he had said or heard said during and before the battle. "Kill them all?" The Kazekage added with a shrug and sat down. "The battle is a place too chaotic for grandiose speech." Takato told his daughter, rolling his shoulders and leaning against the back of the chair.

"But I don't, 'kill them all' inspires confidence." He said. He didn't think other clans would appreciate hearing the Oonakayamas were a clan of blood thirsty shinobi. Words where by definition meant as a warning, a boast, or a remembrance of some glorious past. "But for our purpose, we need to establish what our clan is known for, we manipulate metals." Takato said, bringing his hand to his chin and closing his eyes in contemplation as he tried to come with words inspirational enough. "From iron cometh strength. From strength cometh will. From will cometh faith. From faith cometh honor. From honor cometh iron. May it forever be so" He recited, liking what he said as a concept if not as a set of words for the clan, opening his eyes he would look at Arashi. "Well?"

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Jul 4, 2023 22:00:09 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

He...totally missed my point...

What had been meant as a way to apologize had completely gone over the Kage's head. It was a bit disheartening to say the least, but then, she was used to it at this point to feel somewhat ignored. In fact, it likely wouldn't be the last. Of course, perhaps that was the intention. It was overlooked because he did not feel it was needed. Another time when this wouldn't be the first that he had did something that was subtle and also greatly infuriating to a degree. Or he just missed it....which was worse...

Closing her eyes, Arashi would seem ready to say something, but then continue to listen as she heard him make the promise of silence to regarding one half better.

Arashi held a blank expression, though found it hard not to laugh at the mention of never repeating such a claim to her grandfather. Though it did leave a bit of a opening for her in considering just what made up a creed. She could see the passionate thought that came over the older man, watching him as spoke and considered the possible options and their effects on morale. It was interesting to see the process at work, though she wasn't unfamiliar with it completely.

She'd seen it before...many times in fact. The usage of body language, the adjustment of posture, the clear visual cues as examples were presented to what he had heard before and what he personally would not do in such a position of creating inspiration.

It was a little funny when she recognized that she did something very similar when it came to her own process of thoughts. Though she was far more mobile, having to pace almost in military fashion from one side to the next, collecting her thoughts as they fired off in bursts.

Yet, it seemed to finally come to him, prompting the recitation of words as they flowed like a mantra. The chant of repetition going from material, to faith, to honor, and leading back to the idea concept of what was the creation of will to the Oonakayama. Iron.

As he awaited her response, Arashi would keep her arms crossed, looking upward to the ceiling, nodding her head as a smirk crossed her lips.

"Ya know? That ain't bad....I feel compelled to fight with an iron like will..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Aug 16, 2023 0:49:12 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"It's a start." The Lord of Iron replied. "I imagine maybe we can take the concept of these words and spun them into something more uplifting." The words he had described where something that he had wrote many years ago when he had been a boy, taken from a cult of war that called for the culling of every tenth men whenever a campaign had not going according to plan. The words described an unbreakable army that would advance almost like an unstoppable force, making each conquest a piece of art forged on the anvil of war.

"Although I will admit, these words may have their uses in the right time." He replied to his daughter, and contemplated for a brief minute, standing from his seat, fingers to his chin and a hand behind his back, stopping and turning to his eldest child. "Do you remember when I read you bedtime stories?" He said, leaning against one of the tables as he tried to read her expression. "Remember the story of the three brothers? Who wore steel, iron and copper?" He asked as he retold the story to himself in his mind, remembering key aspects. before he turned to her and began the retelling.

"The youngest bore copper, it was gleaming and glorious but he was at the end of the day, a paper dragon. Not worth the attention he received. The middle brother bore iron, he was strong and unyielding, unbending but would break. The eldest bore steel was true and intrepid, and true to the end." He told her, knowing that this was one of her favorite stories when she had been a little girl. Well, she still was one. "Perhaps we should be more of steel and not necessarily iron.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Aug 16, 2023 19:05:10 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

The comment about bedtime stories prompted the young woman's brow to raise itself, looking in the older man's direction as he continued to speak after she nodded in confirmation. As he continued, he brought up the tale of The Three Brothers, leading her to smirk a bit as it was indeed one of her favorites. Much of the concept was based on the idea of metal composition, but she didn't understand it at the time. Though the way her father told it to her, it came off as more of an analogy.

The three brothers themselves, despite the armor, varied in the way they carried themselves. One was more so inclined to go on the appearance of himself, and thus his armor reflected that. Copper was weak, and broke easily, much like his ego. The second used iron, and while it reflected his strength and his inability to yield or bend, eventually, his strength faded over time and so did his. But the eldest, he used steel, and much like his nature, he remained true to his ideals and that became his strength as he never wavered from it.

"I remember...each one of their armor was a reflection of themselves..."

In the end, the retelling was to bring home the idea of perhaps their Clan learning to be more like the eldest. To be true to their ideals and to never shake from them. An interesting premise. Considering their clan was known for having an Iron Will, it was a bit off-brand, to say the least. But at the heart of it, it was a creed that many would follow for the rest of their days.

"I think it will take some time to get everyone to think on those lines, but it will hold something lasting at least.."

As a smirk crossed her lips, she'd then seated herself on the desk.

"So...which brother am I then these days? The Copper or the Iron one?"

Raising her brow, her expression shifted to a serious one as she looked at him calmly.
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Aug 21, 2023 23:12:31 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"Hmm?" The Kazekage hummed, looking at his eldest child, slightly surprised by the question. A part him considered that it was a very childish question, befitting a child rather than a fully realized kunoichi and his heir presumptive. But another could understand from where the question came. Perhaps a part of some of it was due seeking some approval or acknowledgement from him or simply it was due sheer curiosity. He scratched his chin for a brief instance as if he had to give it a thought but in reality had made his decision even before the question had been posed.

"I don't necessarily think you fit any of those descriptions fully." He said simply. "You're a stubborn piece of work, a chip of the old block if you will, but you're more flexible than me for sure." The Lord of Iron explained. "But, I don't think you're copper, you're more like gold, worth every ounce. You're a shiny, a beacon for others to follow, certainly a much better person I can hope to be." Takato said, saying each word honestly without hesitation. "You could do with a little of patience and listening to me." He told her, raising an eyebrow of his on.

"So, no. I don't think you're like any of the siblings in the story." The Kazekage added, looking at his eldest child with a mixture of pride and contentment of whom she had become. "At the very least we should aim not to end like them. Fate wasn't kind of them." He said with a chuckle before looking at any books they could use as an example for inspiring words. "Hmmm. There's a book that has reflections from the first Kazekage, I thought I had left it here before." Takato added.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Aug 26, 2023 22:43:33 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Hmph....Sometimes I wonder...."

Keep a Secret

A calm expression rested on her face as she remained where she was, though there was much to think about in terms of the critic she had just gained. In truth, she had asked for it. Of course, sometimes it felt like this was the only way to get some semblance of truth to her performance from her father. As much as she did know him, she knew that he did have a tendency to overlook certain flaws. Though with her, she could at least count on an honest appraisal.

Or maybe she was bringing it down to his level. She could never tell for sure with him as she never could read him too well. Perhaps that was his secret.

Though in the end, he gave an opinion and she could either take it as truth or otherwise. She really didn't think she was worth that much though. Especially with a lot of the things she did. Still, perhaps that was a deference she would never be able to overcome. Her father's faith.

She did truly believe in her.....

A small smile rested on her face as he looked away, seemingly trying to try and find a book on the First Kazekage's own words, prompting her to sigh as she shrugged her shoulders before rising up from her position on the desk, placing herself beside her father before then ducking beneath his arm, moving under him as she made her way to the shelves themselves as she shook her head.

"With the limited amount of time you spend in this study, you won't find it....Plus I might have misplaced it under leadership and Speeches...."

With a sheepish expression on her face, she'd then look over the documents as she spoke.

"I use this space more than you do these days...so forgive me if I misplace a few books now and then...Ah! There you go..."

Pulling out the scroll in question she'd then turn to face him, seeing him fully for the first time as they were mere inches from each other, her expression blank as she then extended the tome out toward him, looking away a bit as she'd then back slightly.

"Here ya go..."

As her expression held her usual stern, she'd still have an opening as to use if her father wanted.
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS