All Good Things[Takato/I]Oct 22, 2023 18:24:20 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday 2/5 rank Kazekage occupation

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"There is nothing to forgive Arashi." Takato said with a chuckle. "I rather have this place be used and some document misplaced than, not have it being used at all. It is the purpose of a library, for have its book read, not collect dust... Although." He said, looking at the stacks of books that haphazardly balanced at the teeter of collapse, the scrolls that had been littered about after being used and the pots of ink that had been left after being used. "Perhaps, tidying up would be the toll to take. Also... By the state of those books, don't start a career in architecture."

He said with a chuckle, not meaning to pick on his daughter, but rather just a way to comply that at least the books had an order. At the very least it was the way that he would be able to look through the materials when he wished to consult something written by his predecessors or other famous shinobi that had been part of Sunagakure at some point in time. But he could leave that to either his daughter or son if he came here to seek some knowledge.

"No, lets see." Said Takato as he placed the book on the lectern. Treating the book with a sense of respect in the same way a curator carried a relic, slowly opening the aged leather cover and the thin pages with the most supreme care. His eyes carefully going through the aged pages, careful not to yank or break off any, looking through the writings that had faded with time until he found what he was looking for. They shall be my shinobi and in them lives the hope of a safer land. Their will be the strength to prevail, not only when victory is lies within an easy reach, but also when it seems unattainable, looming like a shroud. In those times of darkness, my noble shinobi will shine the brightest of all." He said, ending the quote.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 418 posts
All Good Things[Takato/I]Oct 22, 2023 20:16:43 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Har har...alas I've gotten so used to the adventure of being a shinobi that I can't really see myself doing anythin else..."

A smirk crossed her lips as there was truth to that statement. Granted, hobbies were fine and she enjoyed this new one. She also liked reading. But in truth, she couldn't really see herself not sticking to one place and digging for bones. Fun as that was the last time she did so.

Maybe a part of her was a bit of a thrill-seeker at heart...

"Still...ya not wrong...I'll get around to it later this week..."

Brushing her hair from her face, she seated herself back down on the desk, watching as the older male went through the text before him. The leather clearly gave off an aroma matching its age, though it was subtle in the sense that it probably couldn't be detected by many. As she watched him, hands resting on her lap, she'd see the care he took in handling such a piece, the delicate way in which he turned each page to ensure no harm came to it. In seeing this, a small smile rested over her face, though she'd raise her brow upon him indicating he had found what he was seeking.

The Light of Suna and Her Shinobi

Hearing him speak, Arashi would look down to see the words on the page, a certain calm seeming to linger in the air as his words echoed through the room. It was strange when you considered how knowledge could so easily be lost when the words were left behind. Perhaps people relied on the idea of memory too often, or simply that such information was left only to the privileged. Still, to listen to them, and the faith in which the First Kazekage had in their shinobi....their people...her people...

The message was about never losing hope and that in the end, no matter what happened, the people of Sunagakure would see through it...

"Wow.....I never get used to hearing stuff like that from her...I mean...she actually sounds like she believes that..."

Closing her eyes, she'd then release a breath as she leaned back before looking at her father with a calm expression.

"I think I'm startin to understand...why ya work so hard for the village and keepin it together..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,690 posts
All Good Things[Takato/I]Oct 23, 2023 23:35:12 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"The First was a great thinker of her time." Takato told his daughter. "When the sword doesn't solve the problems, then a gift of gab makes allies out of enemies." He added. In truth he wondered how much of this was said by Sumiya herself and how much had it been thing written after her time. In truth, no one needed to go back in time across decades or even centuries to find out that much of what had been written had been misquoted. Even to him he had found many speeches attributed to him during the time of the last war, when was sure that he had not said them himself.

But even, he elected to believe that Sumiya had indeed spoken those words. When he had been younger, during the earliest days of his reign, he had sought solace in them and whatever sense of purpose that existed in him, felt renewed. When his daughter said that she now understood why he worked so hard to make the village more prosperous, suddenly a melancholic smile appeared on his features. "You're very kind to me, Arashi." The Lord of Iron added. "But I am merely a caretaker, a servant to the village."

He said as he carefully flicked through the aged pages. As he tried to find another quote that she might have said at any other point as he pondered on the words he had said, but he knew, that compared to the First and the Second, his accomplishments would never measure to theirs. When he had once, stood before the statue dedicated to both of them, he had quietly wept, for he knew he could never match them, as he found the quote, he cleared his throat. "We are the children of Sunagakure, the Host of Sumiya. Whilst we draw breath, we stand. Whilst we stand, we fight. Whilst we fight, we prevail. Nothing shall stay our wrath." He read the quote. "I believe that was the second, more... Jagged, but he had the right idea."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Oct 25, 2023 20:12:57 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Can't say I'm a fan..."

A narrow expression crossed her face as she considered the quote and the man behind it. Granted, he was known for his work in creating the Puppet Corps., as well as his boost to the military, his ambitions had flown Sunagakure too close to the sun and they eventually burned for it. In truth, you'd think a man who had seen his village through two wars would have known better than to play such a extreme card, but it was likely that he imagined success in attempting to assassinate the leaders of villages and an expansion of Kaze no Kuni territories.

Of course, ya knock on enough doors, people will eventually figure out the pattern and the one doing the knocking. Which they did, and it caused the first and worst defeat in the history of the village. It's effects even crossed over into her lifetime, if not doubled upon.

"Chikamatsu Atsushi....The Old Kage....Longest ruling leader of the village and basically all over prophet monger...ya don't start something and not expect a backlash...hell, at least not without making sure ya troops are close to home..."

It was true, the very reason Sunagakure had been sacked so completely was because the militia had been spread out. What had remained was a thin line of defense and one that had fallen quickly under such combined efforts. Had it been reckless, hell ya. Though it wasn't exactly like they had been friends at the time. The villages also held some responsibility for their approach, as they were willing to kill everyone. It was likely that if they had, her father wouldn't be here right now.

"Still, he couldn't have been all bad. Plus he was right...partially at least...Right idea, but poor planning. I wanna say that this quote has a lot to do with the resilience of the people of Suna, and with it being likely right after Lady Sumiya's death, he wanted to make sure the village stayed strong without her...move on...a bit harsh. Still, his actions actions were just until the end, but he wanted too much.. He wanted a quick victory....which leads us too...number three right?"

Raising her brow, she'd look toward the book with a calm expression. To say she was getting nothing out of this was a lie. In fact, it was making her consider just what times were called upon for certain leadership and their mindsets toward their goals of the future. Hope...Strength...These were fountations that made the vilalge what it was. In one way or another. it was history now...
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Oct 29, 2023 18:37:46 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"I'd say he was a man of certain vision." Takato replied. "Unfortunately his decided to make his era a golden age... Or rather, stretch the earliest age of the village was his undoing." There were many geopolitical reasons behind why he had ordered assassinations. But in retrospect, they had been the wrong reasons or not correct at that time. Still, the legacy of the old man was palpable even today, after all, many of the organizations that he had created still stood long after his death.

"Ah, yes." The Kazekage replied. "The Third." He said as he went on, trying to find the pages, slowly the aged pages gave into newer ones, as the book had new pages added, the paper feeling more solid to the touch. Stopping on ink that hadn't faded yet, his finger going through the lines as he quickly perused the notes, until he found the quote that he had been looking for, clearing his throat before he spoke. "Here we stand unbroken and unbowed. Though the very hand of death itself come for us, we will be defiant to the end." He said, remembering when he had heard those words himself, his expression turning sour for a brief moment.

"He did say that." Takato said softly, closing the book as he did. He had said those words as they had marched to war, as they took and held ground. He knew the man believed each sentence he had said. Yet, a part him wondered if much like his forebear, the man had been too ambitious for his own good. "I think however, that what he said was a fine sentiment." He said quietly. "I wished he hadn't insisted in leading the assault himself." Takato added.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Oct 29, 2023 21:03:01 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

It was one of the few times she had seen her father pause like this and seem almost reflective in that moment since he began reading. Of course, it was easy to forget that during those last few moments, those few short years of the Third Kazekage, her father and mother had been on the front lines of those operations. Her father especially.

Arashi had to imagine that for her father to fully invest himself in such a conflict, a man who seemed to work desperately to prevent conflict, he had to have believed deeply in Chikamatsu Saburo. His vision of the future was to expand and restore Sunagakure's standing in the Great Shinobi Nations. Though the idea to do so was likely as ambitious as that of the Second. But he stuck to it, even in the face of war and to his death in Arashi no Kuni.

Arashi could probably have made a joke or some sarcastic remark of how a leader would be stupid to place himself on the battlefield like that, how anyone with sense would not risk a collapse of their village's foundations on making such a short-lived stand against people that were literally out for blood after he had engaged in what could be seen as no less than robbery of another's resource without permission. A crime that got him killed in those stormy lands.

But then, she also remembered that there in those lands had also been a much younger man, one who had been there when the Crimson King had fallen.

"I don't think I ever asked if ya watched it happen?"

Arashi looked away with a calm expression as she then released a soft breath.

The fact that it had happened within her lifetime, when she was more than aware of its effect made it a memory for her, but it had more so been given to those in the village by word of mouth. When it had reached them in Suna, most were in tears, others in anger. She vaguely remembered the day at all as she had been no more than three and even then, she had only the barest of recollection of the event.

"All I can remember is Miko-san in tears and thats about it..."

Miko had been their babysitter for years, a nice old woman who looked after them when both their parents were away. Which had been often. She had took care of them since they were little and even a bit later when her father became Kazekage. She had died right around the time...

The memory was there, but it didn't feel like the right moment to speak of it, considering the weight behind it. It was truly like losing a grandparent and it was worsened by the fact that Arashi hadn't even been able to say goodbye. Still, such a thing wasn't the focus at the moment.

As she turned to look back at the closed book in his hands, she'd then closed her eyes as she waited for his response.

"But I think...when ya believe in something so strongly...ya do it by example...and in a way...I guess that inspires people to follow you and make that dream your own..."

A small scoff escaped her lips as she then held a blank expression.

"Maybe...a quote...or crest or whatever...doesn't have full meaning...unless the one that wrote it displays every aspect of it...the foundations of what makes Sunagakure...or any clan who they are..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Nov 12, 2023 15:16:32 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"No..." He said, gulping, his voice somewhat breaking. "You didn't ask me." The Lord of Iron said, his hands remaining on the worn leather of the book. He blinked and closed his eyes to what had happened during that day. In truth he sometimes could hear what had happened that day, feel the pelting rain stabbing against his skin, and feet the mud that had caked around his boots through the long march in that storm soaked land. He felt his mouth dry. "Maybe... Maybe I should tell you."

The explosion shook him off his feet, his body careening against the wall of the trench that had been dug upon Amegakure. His fingers clenching on the damp soil that resisted turning into mud. He shook his head at the ringing, gaining his balance as he advanced forward and looked behind him, looking at the unit he had been leading, what remained at least. "Forward!" He heard himself say, pointing forward at an exit to the trench as more troops were pouring out into the rain. "Forward! Your Kazekage needs us!" Takato ordered as he jumped from over, first to the fray, fingers flicking as a nebulae of iron emerged from his gourd.

Bombardment reached the area of open ground that the shinobi from Suna charged upon, a man next to him exploded in a spray of crimson that washed over the young Jonin, once more stumbling but gaining his balance as he ran, before he slid forward and landed on another trench, on that had been cut from main force. Panting, he once more looked around, less than a dozen of his unit had arrived and those that remain in this particular trench looked gaunt, tired like everyone else but a single man wearing the Kazekage hat.

"Lord...." He croaked, standing on his feet as the Crimson King turned to meet him, smiling at him for having arrived. "You look worse for ware, Takato." The man said, pointing at the blood stained surplice that he wore over his armor. "Lord Kazekage, we need to pull back, we don't have enough people to make it to the walls." He said, painting. The man once again smiled at him, appreciating the candor of his opinion before he placed his hand on his shoulder. "Trust me boy, we will make it." He said, nodding and prompting Takato to nod. "Follow me, keep your men close. This is for the future. For Kasumi and for your daughter." He said and turned away from him, climbing to the lip of the trench.

Looking every inch the warrior king he was, two puppets that looked more like grey mechanical skeletons, bearing a shield and singled edged swords. Everyone around him shifted their sight to him. "I have few words to give for encouragement, but that I'm proud to have bled with each and everyone one of you. Sons and Daughters of Suna, my brethren, glory is at that city, it is ours to take! GO! For Sunagakure!" Everyone punched the air, cheers of glory and fury were sounded and once more, Sunagakure charged.

"We... We believed we could have won." He said, turning his back away from Arashi. "We were so close... We could see Amegakure shrouded in mist. And then disaster stuck." He added.

The charged had turned into a bloody melee, the formation had been shattered, the advanced stalled as Suna and Ame became almost undistinguishable from one to the next. He felt exertion and cold through all his body. With a move he dodged a shinobi, flicking fingers to make the sand compact into a short blade as he punched through the neck of the man. Another pair came at him and he ducked, letting go of the body as with another wave of hands three bullets materilized from the nigh invisible grains of iron, flying like a gunshot and piercing the midsection of both attackers.

A third came, forcing him to swing his arm as a tendril mimicked his arm and swatted the attacker, smearing him into the muddy soil. He looked around for a second, being able to see only a few feet as the rain and the mist thickened like curling milk. He advanced, looking at the Kazekage and what remained of his entourage, surrounding by several platoons, trying to cut their way out, one by one losing their lives until the Kazekage and his puppets remained, taking over half of the enemies with him, until the puppets lost their momentum and fell dull.

"No..." He said, swinging his arms rapidly as multiple pellets of iron sand formed and were lunched violently, striking at each one of them as they seemed to move to give the coup de grace. "No... no..." He whispered, running and falling to his knees as he saw the Kazekage clutching his wounds. "Ta... Takato.." The man said weekly as the young man removed his gloved, placed his hands on the wound, trying to do something to keep him alive. More came around him, one wearing a communication device on his back.

"Order the sappers to launch the promethium!" Takato said, looking at the men that had come fordward to make a shield. "We retreat." He said before the man with the vox spoke to him. "But... We will be too close to the splash zone." Takato glared at the man. "I DON'T CARE! DO IT! AND TELL THEM TO PREPARE A MEDIC." He said as they began to retreat, the Kazekage being held by a puppet as green-white flames exploded behind them."

"When we... Returned the the camp... The medics couldn't do anything..." He said. Feeling now somewhat more tired. "We, ah.. retreated after we surrendered." He added and kept his silence, scratching his chin.

@tag

---

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Nov 12, 2023 19:32:01 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

There was really nothing that could be said....

This wasn't a story or some fable that her father had made up from the top of his head. Not a passage from a book or even something that was considered a rumor. It was history...it was fact...

Though the fact that her father had been there firsthand made it all the more real as she had never known him to be in the habit of lying...

He had seen the Third fall, held him, and watched him bleed out as he did everything in his power to save him. There hadn't been much he could do, but the effort proved that he had little intent on what came next. It was similar to a position she had been in...only she had wanted to just keep the man forever locked away with some small hope that she could bail him out. She had tried to save him so many times....and in the moment that he needed her...she couldn't.

Maybe it was a weary sense of regret as he clearly had managed to make some deal with some other presence or perhaps it had just been a joke or a lost message...

But the feeling had been buried in her heart that she had let someone she really cared for die and she couldn't stop it from happening. Yet that wasn't neither here nor there.

"Dad....."

As she sat there, Arashi would then release a slow breath as she shook his head.

"I'm sorry..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Dec 10, 2023 22:35:19 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

He shook his head, finding his throat dry and his lips parched. He didn't think he could even speak if he wanted. How much would have history changed if he had been there, closer to protect the man with his iron sand. How much he could have averted to have his beloved daughter hate him for so long, his son deem him a man too enamored to his work and his wife holding resentment for what he did even though she loved him as dearly as the desert rose loved the rain. How many sorrows he could have avoided had he been faster. He pressed the parched lips together, finding hard even to face her now as he felt shame for what had happened.

Takato raised his gaze. He had wanted to tell her something but now, it seemed as the threat of tears became evident to him, he couldn't. He drew a long, stabilizing breath as he shuddered for something he had felt long buried within himself as the Lord of Iron, for once, felt himself brittle like eroded alloy. "You don't have to apologize." His voice tinged with some of that emotion, his hand coming to rub away the tears before he cleared his throat and spoke once more, his voice returning to its usual tonality. "You were a toddler then, the fault... Is mine." He said, before turning towards her, his steps echoing in the chamber.

"I am the one that should apologize. For what I failed to do then, for how I failed you and everyone else. I... I am truly a mess." He told her quietly, placing his hand on her cheek as he admired his favorite child, wishing that so many things had been different. "Forgive the indignity. I... I feel tired. And, I don't wish to take more of your time." He said with a feeble smile and leaned in and pressed his lips against the top of her hair, taking in the scent of parchment and ink and floral scents that he didn't recognize. "I will be... In my study, Arashi. If you can, please return the books to their place."

He said, beginning to walk away as he tried to steady himself. As he tried to look respectable as the sun began to set in his reign.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
All Good Things[Takato/I]Dec 11, 2023 0:44:10 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
All Good Things

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Good Goodbye

Where ever he was in that moment, it felt distant. It was a place she'd never really understand until she found herself on the field of battle much like he had been. In a situation where she'd be unable to save someone she greatly admired. In truth, she wished to never have to go through that, because the people that came to mind were few, but one stood out.

As she heard him speak, a shocked expression crossed her face as she looked at him, seeing the tiredness in his eyes, for the first time. It was strange as she had seen that look on his face before, but this time...it was far more visible. As though a veil had been removed from the stoic man face, showing a far different person in front of her. He was weakened, and it worried her to no end.

Still, as she struggled to find the words to say, it seemed that he beat her to it, apologizing to her for many things. His touch upon her cheek cause her to freeze, feeling the roughness of his hand, yet accepting it as she looked at him. He mentioned how he failed her, how he failed everyone, and that there was something she had never recalled him saying. Maybe in regards to events in her life, he had let her down in one way or another, but everyone?

Watching him, she'd begin to feel her head lower as she looked to the ground briefly.

It was strange to realize that as much weight as she carried upon her, he wasn't without the same. For years, it felt like there was everyone else and then the rest of their family. They were second, and it had been the price that they all paid in some way. Still, the reflection was the safety of the village, f it's people and so many others. So it was a burden that they all carried in their own way.

In so many ways...

But, in that moment, as she watched him from the corner of her eye, she'd see the Kazekage as just a man. A man who had as many regrets and good things that came into his life.

In excusing himself, seemingly showing the weight that he carried, Arashi would continue to watch him, her expression blank as she could see him slowly remove himself, making his way to the other part of the large area, his private study. As he asked her to return the books, the young woman would turn to watch him, her expression still blank from after he kissed her head, still watching him in silence before then nodding as he disappeared into his space.

"Night dad..."

Once again, Arashi was alone...but there was a change in the air that seemed to put her less at ease.

She rarely ever saw her father shaken, but in that moment, he was clearly was. Perhaps it was the story, recounting such a profound moment that changed so much...

As she pulled herself from the desk, retrieving the book that had been placed by her side, she'd begin to put it away as she looked down for a moment.

In looking over her shoulder toward the room, she'd prepare to make her way toward it, but stopped herself as she reached for the door, only to draw her hand back. It would do him little good to see her right now, and it was probably better to allow him the space he needed to recover in privacy. Still...

Somethings...different...

-End Thread-
(always a pleasure Haru XD Thankiee )
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Feb 16, 2024 14:07:05 GMT -5