compose a reply
Playing Judge [C-Rank Mission]Jun 29, 2023 22:42:42 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
Difficulty Increased... Hoo boy...

Outside Interference: Unknown to all parties involved, a missing ninja has been employed. Why? Who knows?

Mission Details

There was a nip in the wind that blew around the regions of Seinaru. This was not particularly out of the ordinary, but there were a few people who would tell you that when the wind had that extra edge, something bad was about to happen. Of course, it was most likely superstition, but superstition carried weight in places like this. And as such, there were many whispers among the miners gathered that this was not an auspicious time to set an important meeting such as this.

As far as the chairmen of the Touki Mining Corporation and Azumaba Prospectors Incorporated were concerned, auspicious or no, this was as good a day as any to get their feuds decisively figured out by an external party. There had been too many conflicts between the two businesses for proper commerce to occur seamlessly, and low profits were worse than inauspicious days. And it was for that very reason that the carriage which pulled into the mountain town of Seinaru housed two ninja from Konohagakure.

Uriko was as relaxed as they came. The only reasons this was even probably a C-rank mission were because the matter required some level of maturity to deal with, and it was not directly within Konoha. In any case, although Seinaru seemed to be a growing town, it did not seem interesting enough to Uriko, and she was personally glad to just get the mission over with. She wasn't sure why she was here, though. Aside Tomomi, her sensei, requesting her participation in this mission, there was no point in being here, or so she thought. She would just watch the proceedings, take notes, and assist her sensei. No biggie.

last edit by Kayahara Urikohime on Jun 30, 2023 21:36:17 GMT -5
Ronin has written 328 posts
Playing Judge [C-Rank Mission]Aug 9, 2023 12:45:49 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Learn to recognize poisons before you swallow them.
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 6/10 rank Jonin occupation Hokage's Assistant
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

When it came to investigating interference, subterfuge, and scheming, Tomomi appreciated being the first in line. Their particular skillset made them well-suited to such missions, which was the primary reason they were assigned, they're sure. However, Tomomi had more personal reasons for wanting to be involved. Call it paranoia, but any time a problem like this cropped up, he was worried it could be connected to a broader scheme. The two building blocks of society were miners and farmers. Issues with miners could be a supply shortage of ore, which meant a supply shortage of weapons, armor, and other defensive material, and that effect could ripple all the way back to Konoha is left unchecked.

Urikohime was another matter. Her skills were primarily in medicine and other such ninjutsu, so at first glance was an odd fit. Yet she was a polite and sociable young woman who wanted to do right by others, so she would make for a decent diplomat. She had expressed interest in the Barrier Corps and, while this didn't take place inside the village, this was also a security concern a shinobi should be on the lookout for. Furthermore, she could probably use a success at the moment, considering how down she had been when they last spoke. Her attitude had improved by the end of the conversation, but Tomomi felt it likely she still needed to re-find her sense of purpose.

So it was that the two of them pulled into town in the caravan.

Before exiting, Tomomi wanted to briefly strategize with Uriko.

"When we meet with both groups to question them, and learn of what is happening here, stay close to me. I'm going to use my sensory abilities to scan them for any chakra fluctuations while they're telling their side of the story. It's not a guaranteed way to spot out lies, but it works well enough most of the time. I can share the sense with you, but I must place a hand on your shoulder to do so."

Cocoa has written 693 posts
Playing Judge [C-Rank Mission]Aug 11, 2023 19:44:11 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
As the carriage trundled along, Uriko found her thoughts wandering to other matters, some of them being the possible reasons for Tomomi bringing her along on this mission. She could think of a few, but she could not be ultimately sure which of them it was. Most likely, as was the case with such things, it was a combination of different reasons. But with someone like Tomomi, Uriko was not sure that she would get to know. Her sensei was quite enigmatic, after all. In a way, Uriko found that impressive. Even though Tomomi seemed to be the calm, unruffled type, you never knew what they were thinking, or if they were even thinking at all.

Her sensei's voice broke her out of her reverie, the kunoichi's amber eyes focusing on the Yamanaka. "Acknowledged, Tomomi-sensei," Uriko said with a nod, "although I don't perceive that there may be need to share your sense with me. If they are lying or not, you could inform me with a simple, unspoken tell. I have a feeling that having your hand on my shoulder when it doesn't appear warranted may be suspicious, and if for some reason anyone is jittery, there may be perturbations in their chakra which may increase the difficulty of getting an accurate read." Uriko shrugged. "A slight tip of your shoulders, perhaps. If you do not move, I will assume they have been telling the truth so far."

As the carriage stopped and the caravan driver opened the door, a man who looked to be in his sixties stepped up and gave a small bow. "Greetings, Konoha nin. I am Takeda of the Mining Guild Association. Please allow me to convey you to the place of meeting. Apologies if you aren't given time to unwind after your journey, but the parties involved seem rather impatient to bring things to a conclusion."

Ronin has written 328 posts