compose a reply
Down the Rabbit HoleJul 2, 2023 22:43:18 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku
Evil doesn't die; it changes shape.
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 2/14 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Taki Lady

Evil Doesn't Die; It Changes Shape.

Kunikunosaku sat in a secluded spot, her thoughts consumed by the deal Mizuchi had offered her. The enigmatic crocodile had sent her back, promising to reveal more about the terms of the agreement if Kunikunosaku chose to summon her again. Curiosity gnawed at the Taki kunoichi, driving her to seek answers and a deeper understanding of Mizuchi's intentions. With a renewed resolve, Kunikunosaku began the summoning ritual once more. Determined to unravel the mysteries surrounding their agreement, Kunikunosaku took a deep breath and focused her chakra. With a swift and practiced motion, she began weaving the intricate hand seals, channeling her energy with precision. The air around her crackled with anticipation as she called out Mizuchi's name, her voice echoing through the stillness of the secluded spot.

She wondered if Mizuchi will come to her now or if she'll be brought back. She personally didn't mind. The crocodile did mention part of the deal was to get out more, so she wondered if Mizuchi wanted to start now. Kunikunosaku also wondered who the other Croc was. Was he really as powerful as Mizuchi said, will exploring her story give Kuni the clues she needed to figure out the secrets behind the scales? For now, though, she just hoped that her ability to summon hasn't been lost.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:
Jiongu | Earth Grudge Fear

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

Symbiotic Relationship: Mutualism

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

Symbiotic Bond: Strong Mind, Strong Body
As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

Medical Knowledge:

Being from Takigakure's prestigious clan medical clan, Kunikunosaku is also set to learn the human anatomy, biology, and Kinesthetics, While this knowledge DOES NOT give her access to Medical Ninjutsu Techniques, however, the knowledge does unlock abilities of precision to the human body with every attack. This knowledge grants field combat medic aid but nowhere near the degree of those actually trained in it.

JUTSU(S) USED:
NAME: Kuchiyose no Jutsu [Summoning Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low - Very High depending on summon.
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
One of the most common and beneficial techniques in the known shinobi world. Simply drawing blood and releasing a mass of chakra from one's extended hand is capable of calling an animal or otherwise to one's location. As a Space-Time Ninjutsu, this technique is capable of instantly displacing an intended summon from wherever they may be to the requested location, though there are obstacles that can prevent this. To use this jutsu, one must first make a contract with whatever they are summoning, living creature or not. Both the size and the stamina of what a shinobi calls upon increases the demand of chakra they must spend to perform the jutsu.

EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Ikari to Hisan (Continuous)
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 756 posts
Down the Rabbit HoleJul 3, 2023 22:38:47 GMT -5
Ronin
NPC Mod
Ronin Avatar
groupModerator
age birthday rank occupation NPC Mod
The intricate handseals, blood and chakra expended to perform the summoning technique did not prove to be vain, as Kunikunosaku was rewarded with a large plume of smoke as soon as her hand touched the ground. This time, unlike the last time the kunoichi had tried to summon, the smoke did not engulf her, and she did not perceive any shift or distortion of the environment. Her gesture had brought the summon to her successfully. If Kunikunosaku had had any fears about her ability to still perform the Kuchiyose no jutsu, her fears would most certainly be allayed with this success.

As the smoke cleared, the form of Mizuchi could be seen, the crocodile staring at her with those lifeless eyes. And yet, for all the lifelessness and apparent lack of a desire to communicate, Mizuchi was the first to greet the waiting kunoichi. "Greetings, Kunikunosaku," the crocodile said, her voice quiet but unwavering. "I suspect I have been brought here due to the words spoken when last we met. And as I promised then, I shall reveal to you the history of this deal. I shall also attempt to answer whatever questions you have for me, though I do not promise that I shall answer ALL of your questions. Now, what is it you wish to know?"

Ronin has written 120 posts
Down the Rabbit HoleJul 4, 2023 14:36:54 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

The summoning technique had not failed this time. Kunikunosaku watched as the smoke cleared, revealing the imposing form of Mizuchi, the crocodile. Its lifeless eyes stared at her, yet it was the first to break the silence. "Greetings, Kunikunosaku," Mizuchi's voice resonated, soft but unwavering. "I suspect you've summoned me to fulfill the deal we made. As promised, I will reveal the history of our agreement and answer your questions to the best of my ability. However, I may not answer everything. So, what do you wish to know?"

Relief washed over Kunikunosaku as the successful summoning validated her skills. The intricate handseals, the blood, and the chakra she had expended were not in vain. With Mizuchi before her, she felt a renewed sense of confidence. "I want to know about the history that led up to making this deal," she began, her voice steady. "What led to our initial meeting, and why don't you talk much, if you feel comfortable sharing? And why did you choose to honor me with this summoning?"

Mizuchi's reptilian eyes seemed to glimmer as it prepared to share its knowledge. Kunikunosaku leaned forward, eager to uncover the truth behind their mysterious pact and the secrets that awaited her.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

Medical Knowledge:

Being from Takigakure's prestigious clan medical clan, Kunikunosaku is also set to learn the human anatomy, biology, and Kinesthetics, While this knowledge DOES NOT give her access to Medical Ninjutsu Techniques, however, the knowledge does unlock abilities of precision to the human body with every attack. This knowledge grants field combat medic aid but nowhere near the degree of those actually trained in it.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
last edit by Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku on Jul 4, 2023 14:37:23 GMT -5
Down the Rabbit HoleJul 5, 2023 21:55:13 GMT -5
Ronin
NPC Mod
Ronin Avatar
groupModerator
Mizuchi waited quietly as Kunikunosaku asked her questions, the crocodile's eyes fixed on those of the ninja's. For a moment after the kunoichi had finished speaking, Mizuchi was silent, as though thinking over her questions. Then the crocodile finally answered. "As I promised to give you a reply, I shall keep my word, although one of your questions has no bearing on the matter of the contract, and that I shall answer first. Had I not given my word to answer your questions, I would not have answered it. Why must there be a reason not to talk much? There are others of my species that will talk your rears off. Why? Because it is simply in their nature. I do not talk, because I do not. It is my nature."

In any case, the crocodile did not seem displeased that Kunikunosaku had asked such a question. But then again, Mizuchi always seemed extremely dispassionate about anything, so who could say? "As to why you were chosen for this contract, it is because of your qualities." Said qualities, the kunoichi would notice, were not elaborated on. "The history of this deal is simple. Call it a thing of pride, but some of us crocs simply got tired of being summoned by just about any rank and file grunt. Elite forces require management by elite commanders. As to what led to our first meeting, it was the realization that if nothing was done, the status quo would remain as it was, being summoned by averages."

Kunikunosaku would realize that she would need to ask more detailed questions if she did not want particularly vague answers. At least Mizuchi had not said, "you only have three questions."

Down the Rabbit HoleJul 26, 2023 17:31:59 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

The first answer was exactly what Kunikunosaku had theorized. She greatly appreciated Mizuchi's frank honesty and reassured her that she was sticking close to these crocodilians. She hated Stratos's patronizing and she wasn't pleased how his direct underlings just butt in however they pleased. To hear that Mizuchi assure that she wasn't like the others painted a better picture in Kuni's mind of how the relationships and mannerisms of the crocodiles interacted with each other. When Mizuchi finished her first answer, Kunikunosaku nodded and accepted her word as easily as it came. When the time came for the next question, that was answered quickly; simply noting that Kuni had the qualities. With no further elaboration, it gave the Kunoichi pause as she tried to understand the full gravity of what qualities she had. What was it specifically? Was it her rank? Was it her accursed ability? What made her more appealing to Mizuchi than the rest? The Kunoichi could rack her brain for days but she wouldn't have a definitive answer. Instead, while time passed as she thought, the third question was brought up, and it inadvertently answered her previous question. With the previous answers from the day prior and the answer today, it was assuredly her rank and skills accompanying said rank.

The Mikatakujira slowly began to understand much more thoroughly why her. The balance didn't strike her as telling of a vile, insidious plot. Instead, the Kunoichi found herself on her feet as threads danced out and around her. She wanted more knowledge, she wanted to understand what Mizuchi and this mighty crocodilian were capable of. Kunikunosaku stared at Mizuchi and nodded her head. "So tell me, Mizuchi-san. What are your capabilities and disadvantages? The proper make up between the summon and the signer is an almost private knowledge on how to better function as one unit. I am sure if there is overlap, we'll know how to quickly overcome that. Wouldn't you agree?" The deal has been made, full cooperation was not part of the deal. Sure, a contract implies some, but it would best be established before they see live combat. The Kunoichi lifted her arm as more tendrils saw their way out of her very being, coiling around her like thousands of pet snakes.

"Of course this goes both ways if any once of worry gets to you; but, that would surprise me. You don't strike me as one of the Crocs that has an inkling of fear. I already like that about you, you can be truthful rather than manipulated to saying what I want to hear." Kuni reassured and complimented but she was certain either was unnecessary.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Down the Rabbit HoleJul 26, 2023 21:17:06 GMT -5
Ronin
NPC Mod
Ronin Avatar
groupModerator
Kunikunosaku seemed pleased, or at least content, with the answers Mizuchi had given her. That was very good. As silent as the land-adapted crocodile was, Mizuchi preferred not to have to engage in mindless gum flapping. There had been others before Kunikunosaku who had tried to make Mizuchi talk more. They had all been disappointed.

The kunoichi had moved on from her initial questions, asking about Mizuchi's abilities and weaknesses. For a moment, the crocodile was silent, making no reply to the kunoichi's question of whether she agreed or not with what had been just said. While it was true that knowing the strengths and failings of a partner was necessary for the formation of better winning strategies, there was some level of trust that was involved in letting one know of such things. Still, as the kunoichi had accepted her deal, it only seemed fair that the level of trust Kunikunosaku had shown would be rewarded. "My expertise is in the use of ninjutsu," answered the crocodile, "specifically earth based techniques, as I have Doton chakra. Naturally, that means a Raiton user will have a greater degree of success against me.

I suppose you may have also noticed that I have... an effect on people. That you can ignore this effect is one of the reasons you were chosen for this deal. It is most unwise for me to be summoned by weak-minded fools."

Down the Rabbit HoleAug 27, 2023 15:10:04 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Read notes

Being close to Mizuchi, Kunikunosaku had an extraordinary shot to learn about her companion far more in-depth than other shinobi. As she listened, it was clear that Mizuchi had a specialty of Ninjutsu of the Doton element. And that she had an ability all too similar to Ryū. Kuni was not oblivious to it, having to work on her persistent, over-gnawing thoughts from Jiongu, gave her the will and control to bear through other mind-agitating abilities. It was this adaptation that assisted in her being chosen and Kuni nodded. From what she was getting, a lot of what made her desirable to the crocodilians was what made her a candidate and a vessel for Jiongu. Kunikunosaku kept the thought to herself but with Doton being such a defense-heavy element. Where they both specialize in the same area, it was highly possible for Kunikunosaku to utilize Mizuchi as a shield. Kunikunosaku nodded at the Crocodilian.

"Close combat Ninjutsu, can use Katon, Doton, and Fūton. I have miscellaneous abilities regarding my physical abilities, some revolving around a kinjutsu, not specialized, but I know quite a few Gen and Buki. I see an excellent chance of you defending my weakness. Just as my Fūton can overpower Raiton, it's possible you cover what I lack, which is actually making an effort to defend myself." Kunikunosaku stated matter of factly. She wasn't proud she forgets to defend herself but it is easy when pain is not as serious to you. It was an obvious weakness of hers as pain does eventually catch up. But usually, Kuni tries to end fights before it gets bad. Maybe someone reminding her of her fallacy would half her focus fire on more controlled bursts.

Maybe. Kunikunosaku's eyes went over her summon. The Mikatakujira narrowed her eyes. "Mizuchi-san... What caused you to adapt more to land and earth? Do you ever think you shouldn't have adapted like that?" It at least seemed like Mizuchi had adapted to a more land lifestyle.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

Medical Knowledge:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
last edit by Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku on Aug 27, 2023 15:10:39 GMT -5
Down the Rabbit HoleAug 27, 2023 19:23:31 GMT -5
Ronin
NPC Mod
Ronin Avatar
groupModerator
Mizuchi watched and listened with her characteristic impassivity, as Kunikunosaku stated her own fighting style and prowess. The crocodile noted that the kunoichi had mentioned a kinjutsu, but had not elaborated on what that did. It was not of particularly great consequence, in any case. What was most important was the versatility of Kunikunosaku in combat, which made for the less likely chance that Mizuchi would always be summoned to babysit her in battle. Although the kunoichi seemed to have a weakness where defense was concerned, her expectation was that Mizuchi would cover for that, and in turn be covered for regarding her natural weakness to lightning chakra.

"A reasonable proposal," the crocodile said simply. The next question that followed was, in Mizuchi's opinion, a weird question, perhaps even irrelevant. But humans were curious creatures, and Mizuchi had promised to answer Kunikunosaku's questions. "I suppose it was the fact that I spent more time out of water, a trait probably passed on to me by my parents. Do not ask about them; I have no recollection of them, nor does that bother me in the least. In any case, it is likely a generational thing; adaptation in most living things is the result of generations of altered environments. As to whether I think I should not have adapted this way, such thoughts are of no consequence to me. My adaptation is simply a fact of life. I accept it. Just the same way I accept that I was not born a human."