Birds of a Flock, Gremlin Together

compose a reply
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherJul 4, 2023 6:40:31 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 8 years old birthday September 13 rank Genin occupation
It had been over thirty minutes closer to forty that class should've started, it was policy that when an Academy Instructor was late or simply didn't show up that students were free for the day. Well, it was moreso classroom etiquette for the head of the academy to be notified so that another person could be assigned or step-in but people knew how kids were especially one's aspiring to be shinobi. Many had absconded from the class after the fifteen minute mark and Ataru couldn't really blame them, he wondered if their sensei had slept through their alarm. However as most went off to play or goof off the Uzumaki stayed behind folding his legs criss cross applesauce - using the time to study and practice the formulation of hand seals. Right now he rapidly formed them one after another with incredible dexterity, showing great skill for one so young - if paid attention to they could perhaps discern that it cycled through many standard academy techniques before finally ending on the singular sign that initiates the Body Flicker technique. 

He had learned of it from his Sensei, and as the boy approached the precipice of graduation and promotion to the rank of Genin he thought long and hard on what was important to him and the sort of things he should try and learn in order to bolster his abilities. Perfect for the starry eyed, crimson haired youth who could rarely keep still he smiled this charming beamful smile that could melt hearts. Showing a keen and avid sense of invested interest, Ataru held an unmatched focus deeply rooted inside of his heart that oft set it ablaze. It was not only a lifestyle that the boy was forced into or thrust onto him given his heritage but something he was incredibly passionate about which came reflected in those deep pools of mesmerizing golden amber irises that shone from his sharpened portrait. Taking in a deep breath, he looked around to view the room about himself seeing it completely empty of anyone else eliciting a small huff to come from his throat. Looking back down at the book he had been pouring over he shuts it with some finality before pushing it off to the side. Seemingly, readying to go...  
last edit by Uzumaki Ataru on Jul 4, 2023 6:54:51 GMT -5
Volker has written 229 posts
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherJul 4, 2023 19:57:37 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 234 | notes
"ALRIGHT CLASS, SETTLE-"

https://i.imgur.com/TyJlb2B.jpeg

An unfamiliar adult marched into the room, waving what looked like a whole syllabus of study plans. As the tall- and absurdly busty- brunette stepped in and looked around, though, she found herself face to face with...

One kid.

"-down?"

"... hmmmmm. I might have spent too much time making sure- uh. That. I... got this opportunity! But hey, if you're the only one here, buddy, I don't have to keep up this ridiculous ruse!"

A thick cloud of smoke gushed up around the woman briefly, replacing her with a skinny little redhead maybe- MAYBE- twice Ataru's age. She was wearing a forehead protector and a flak vest, though, so she was either Chuunin or playing a dangerous game pretending to be one.

"Due to mysterious circumstances that will surely never be solved, your instructor has been delayed for an uncertain amount of time, young one! But! Lucky for you, I happen to be on hand to take over and ensure your education continues unabated!"

The short redhead walked behind the desk and slapped it firmly. "SO!

Tell me what technique you're working on right now! And I'll totally help!"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherJul 5, 2023 5:25:30 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
All of a sudden as he reached down to scoop up his bookbag, he heard the loud chipper voice of a teacher radiate within the classroom. Sitting up along the length of the desk instead of stooping down he rose up witnessing the sight of an unfamiliar instructor making her way inside, passing over the threshold of the door into an empty room. He smiled as it seemed she fizzled out at the sight of empty seats. Looking eye to eye with her, the fiery haired boy waved and bids a hearty welcome, "Hello, Sensei!" the Uzumaki said resoundingly. Watching as she comes forward and gets her next string of words out, he blinks a bit widely at the sight of her form dissipating being replaced with a young girl that seemed a little under twice his age.

"Huh... well, I wasn't expecting that." he said sorta dumbfoundedly, clearly remaining in a bit of awe at the sight and still somewhat confused at her appearance. Looking her from head to toe, she had red hair kind of like him, a forehead protector, and flak jacket too. She was a Chunin?! "Alright!" he practically shouted with an expectant boundless level of energy where previously he had resigned himself to a day of training on his own current events had taken a cool and surprising turn and this wasn't an opportunity Ataru would waste he decided. As she walks behind and smacks his chair he swivels around from atop the length of the elongated desk's wooden surface, "Well, I still need to learn the Nawanuke no Jutsu [Rope Escape Technique]. It's the last thing I have to know before I can graduate. Oh, and I'm Ataru; Ataru Uzumaki, what's your name? Are you an Uzumaki too?"
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherJul 11, 2023 22:55:42 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
"Sensei! HA! I like the sound of that!" chirped the petite redhead as she hopped into midair and stepped off of nothing in order to plop down, cross-legged on top of the desk. "Hello to you, too, uh..." She leaned over, "discretely" consulting the seating chart. "Uuuuuuuzumaki-san! How're ya this morning?"

"That's the spirit! Gotta keep the engine revving all the way to the finish line!" She grinned at the intro, and bowed her head above folded hands. "Uchiha Miroru, at your service! And nope, I'm very Uchiha. But don't feel bad, I get that question a lot. But enough about me! Hit me with it, buddy, what's on the menu?"

The answer turned out to be the Rope Escape technique, and Miroru rubbed her chin as she considered it. "Hmmmm.... so, the technique itself is relatively easy seal-wise, but the real fussy bit is that it won't work if you're under observation. So why don't we play a bit of hide and seek~?"

Miroru flashed a hand seal, and suddenly, there were four Miroru's! And not the academy kind, either, they all started lounging around in different ways!

"Me, myself, I, and the very same, will set up around the playground so we can see most of it, and move around to try to keep you in sight! Your job is to get out of sight long enough to perform the technique properly! If we catch you before you use it, you get sent back to base to start over! How's that sound?"

MISSIONS
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherJul 12, 2023 0:35:53 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"Woah!" he said with amazement, it was the first time he had met one of the storied Uchiha and the sense of wonder he felt filled his heart and contrasted against the expression he held across his face. Amber eyes shone like stars, and his happiness soared as he sought to introduce himself in turn to the similarly energetic redhead. As she flips thru the roster sheet and pins down his name speaking it aloud the boy nods and proceeds to elaborate upon it, giving his full name to her. "And I'm Ataru, Ataru Uzumaki. It's nice to meetcha' Sensei!" the boy's tone held a tinge of mirth and tone of excitement, it was clear that he looked forward to spending some time training with her. Holding out his hand in order to shake hers, he was always taught to make a proper introduction especially when someone goes out of their way to help you.

Paying a strict sense of attention as she broke down the technique and how it worked, the boy listened to every word wanting to understand and realize about how to get it down pat. Learning a bit of it from beforehand while in the classroom but having no practical experience as of yet attempting it even in a practice scenario, watching as four clones materialize caused the boy to smile before cocking his head a bit in curiosity he realized something was different between these clones and the one's they were taught to form but wasn't sure what. Reaching out a hand with an extended finger, he pokes one of them in the knee his brain short circuiting as it didn't seem to phase through like a mirage before it seemingly reconnected and made sense of the occurrence. "Wow, these are the real deal! I haven't ever seen real clones before. Well, not like this at least..."

As her speech continues proceeding to touch on the kind of activity and specifics on how they'll go about it a rather daring glint fills his gaze as she proposes her idea on how to go about things. Looking at her with a charming yet mischievous smile he soon pipes up in response "Hide n' seek, sounds like fun - let's do it!"
last edit by Uzumaki Ataru on Jul 12, 2023 0:36:31 GMT -5
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherAug 1, 2023 18:55:50 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 282 | notes
"Pleasure's all mine, buddy!" Miroru chirped as Ataru introduced himself, shaking his hand cheerfully. There were some burn scars up her arms, but she didn't seem stressed out or pained by them any more.

"Yup! These are bonafide Kage Bunshin! Shadow Clones, fully functional! Each one has an equal-" She paused, thinking for a second. "-well, each one has a chunk of my chakra! So they're physical, and can do jutsus and fight and stuff, but once they get slapped, they poof. Awkward, but that's how it goes. The nice thing is, the chakra returns to me, along with all the memories of what they saw and experienced, so even if you pop a shadow clone while it's scouting, all that intel still gets back to the original."

As Ataru chimed in, happy to go with the plan, she threw out a thumbs up from five different directions! "Alright then! Once we get set up, you'll hafta find your way to someplace we can't see ya!" Miroru declared as each of the clones and herself covered their eyes in silly ways- plunking their faces onto the desk or the floor or walls, covering their face with their own hands- one even jumped into the rafters and faked taking a nap! Then it was out to the playground, with each of the clones spread out while the real one tied his hands behind his back and patted his shoulder. "You got this! Show me what the Uzumaki are made of, Ataru-san!"

MISSIONS
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherAug 7, 2023 10:24:35 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Noting the burn scars situated along her hand, he didn't think anything of it perhaps more than a bit curious but not enough to pry and ask. Along his hand, she would likely see a relatively fresh crescent slash wound along the back of his palm reminiscent of a Shuriken and upon the other, a burn scar situated along the wrist partially covered by the boy's sleeve. A wide beaming smile shone from ear to ear as she shook his hand.

Craning his head the boy's eyes burned brightly, shining with an overflowing curiosity at the mention and explanation of the technique and how it worked. He nods his head gradually growing a firm understanding the further she speaks and reflecting a glance of amazement at the sheer utility of it. "Woah... I wanna learn that Jutsu someday! It sounds really useful, and imagine just playing rock-paper-scissors with yourself. You can also train a lot harder too, huh?!" His eyes swirl like the symbol of his clan at the prospect of such a thing, though relaxes and follows along with Miroru's lead as she provides instruction.

As she flips him a thumbs up, he does the same in return for her watching as her clones madly dash around in a mixed mash of various silly ways of positioning themselves around. Laughing a bit as he leaps from the window and lands outside amongst the playground in a deft manner, placing his hands behind their back in preparation he gazes over both shoulders looking on as the clones distance themselves apart in set places with one tying his hands firmly behind his back. "Hai, Sensei!" The extra encouragement seems to amp him up even more than usual, rocking back and forth on his heels in anticipation.

Upon receiving the call to flee and hide within the environment, as she and her clones shut their eyes and sound out a count Ataru leaps into the air bending along the surface of a branch audibly before jumping from each monkey bar as if sounding out a xylophone. Leaping to the other side he would ruffle some hedges to draw the attention of the clone in that area creating various areas of interest for multiple copies to investigate. As he finishes his shenanigans meant to draw their attention, Ataru quietly bends low into a stealthy stance and shimmies up the side of the building jumping from slanted roof to slanted roof until reaching the bright circular symbol adorning the building.

Surely, this place was too overly eye-catching to be considered but nonetheless, though she might check it at some point he decided on going a step further jumping atop the strut that connects it to the building and laying down low like a worm. Struggling to get free of his bonds, he also stayed under the overhang of the roof to keep himself concealed from up above and below while he worked at trying to slip the restraints.
last edit by Uzumaki Ataru on Aug 7, 2023 10:26:31 GMT -5
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherAug 23, 2023 13:04:32 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 321 | notes
"You probably can! You're Uzumaki, so you got that Uzu-max chakra, right? You need a bunch to be able to use Shadow Clones safely, cuz it just sorta chops up everything you got and distributes it to all the other yous that you just made! You get it back when they pop, but depending on how far you split it, you could be in real danger, real fast. Apparently." Miroru shrugged. She had a lot of chakra on her own (and way, way more than that, if she could be forced to draw on it), and had never had any problems splitting her chakra six, eight... well, lots of ways, that's enough said.

"It's ironically better for studying than training. The clones still dissipate after one good smack, but you do retain whatever information they gathered before they disappear. So boring as it sounds, it's better for sitting around in a library reading scrolls than fighting yourself."

As Ataru went through several different angles to try to distract the clones, they kept whistling at him- a birdcall, followed the first couple times by a simple, "Still see you!" Once the birdcall was established as the "I can still see you" sound, she dropped the words, and just kept to the whistle.

When he weaseled his way up to the circular symbol and tucked himself beneath the eaves, he might have had a moment of excitement- until he heard the birdcall again. Not a whistle this time. Just... the same birdcall. From a bird that had fluttered up to stare at him, head cocked to the side- and sure enough, the jutsu wasn't gonna work while the bird was there. What he made of that would be up to him!

Jutsu used to be a bird is Henge no Shin [True Transformation]!

MISSIONS
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Aug 23, 2023 13:05:18 GMT -5
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherAug 25, 2023 6:44:32 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
He nods his head up and down in an almost comical agreeing manner showing that he understood and digested the info, even taking out a journal and penning a few notes as she detailed the specifics before setting it aside. It was time for them to play cat and mouse and as he wandered attempting to throw her off the trail, the countdown began to wind down but with it so too came some whistling birdcalls. Raising an eyebrow at the string of sounds, looking over his shoulder and to the side as she loudly declared to still visibly see him.

That was impossible, she was still up in the classroom with her head pressed onto the desk counting. As he found his place and settled down within it he began to twist back and forth squirming as he attempted to shimmy out of the rope bindings and perform the hand signs. She was up to something but he wasn't quite sure of what, mulling on it as he attempted to create a gap between his wrists and wrestle out. Things had grown quiet but that didn't feel reassuring to the young boy, if anything it set off alarm bells making him feel like he would be caught at any moment.

Shortly after the sneaking suspicion crossed his mind, he heard the same signature birdcall resound right next to his hiding form within the concealed spot. Looking at the songbird with a pensive annoyed look bordering on pouting, "Y'know that could be considered cheating!" Twisting over onto his knees he looked at the bird and pursed his lips together blowing a stream of breath at the cheeky birb before rolling off the strut with little fanfare, gravity carried him down a story where he would immediately find purchase in the upper roof tiling and break out into a dead sprint running across the upper story.

Nearing the edge of the roof at the opposite end of the building, he would subsequently slide across the roof before unceremoniously 'falling' off the edge. Even for an Academy Student, he was quite fast, the clank of his enclosed ninja boots rattling off the tile as he went. Landing with a dull impact he flipped once more landing on the ground floor, diving into an embankment with a storm drain. Ataru would crawl within concealing himself behind some shrubs and once more set to work trying to get out of his restraints.
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherAug 30, 2023 16:28:38 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 253 | notes
"I can't cheat when I set the rules, buddy boy!" called out one of the clones that wasn't currently a bird. "And don't worry, there ARE places to go, that's just too obvious to leave unattended~! Keep going! When you need to hide, you need someplace that is far enough down the list of "where the heck'd he go" that you have the time you need to do what you gotta do!"

The storm drain, as it turned out, was a much more effective location to hide, though he did get a warning! "Excellent spot- but your approach was exposed! You won't be able to hide there long, so if you're not getting the hang of it right this second, you might wanna relocate again!" He could hear her voice getting closer. So that was the trick of it! It was a lesson in stealth and concealment as well as a practical on the jutsu, requiring him to find someplace where he could not just hide, but hide LONG ENOUGH TO EXECUTE THE JUTSU!

What was his next move? He still had a few moments, but the window to execute the jutsu was going to close once she got close enough to peer at him! The bushes might hold her off a few extra seconds- did he have enough time?!

MISSIONS
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherSept 2, 2023 1:39:01 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
He heard the pitter-patter of her footfalls but at its first sign of approach as well as by the clarion call of her voice his hiding spot obscured behind a score of bushes went kaput! Hidden within an elongated defilade of tall grass, wanting more than anything to stick his tongue out at her for being so sly and mischievous as if she were some oni tanuki or wily fox come to taunt him. As fast as quicksilver he decided what to do and doubled down on it, weaving three hand seals in the blink of an eye, performed within rapid succession as he rolled down the nook and crawled his way into the storm drain tunnel.

Creating a multitude of clones, one stayed behind in the tall grass beside the shrubs hoping to buy a few precious seconds with a distracting smile or wave. Meanwhile the next lingered at the entrance, should she ignore the first or realize and approach the copy would moon her or that of a bird that tried to worm its way in. As he crawled in there was an expanse to the tunnel, the flow of stormwater and erosion had hollowed the place out and given him some room to stand up and work with - so Ataru jumped along the top of the concrete tube just behind the cusp of it. The last clone kept crawling towards the opposite side where the tunnel exited. It was all cloak and dagger one she was sure to eventually see through, things done to give the young Uzumaki time as he hurriedly and methodically formed the seals to break out where none could view him. Hoping he laid out enough distractions in Miroru's path to keep her occupied for only a few moments more.

Gritting his teeth as he recites the seals in his head, wasting no time in quickly replicating them within this window of opportunity having loosened up the bonds well enough to give a more than solid attempt.
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherSept 2, 2023 23:59:16 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 234 | notes
Perched outside, Miroru and her clones watched the fake Ataru's scatter, leaving them to rub their chins and consider. They figured he'd definitely worked hard enough to earn at least a chance to use the jutsu before they interfered, but you really needed to pick the right time and place to use the clone jutsu, or anyone remotely familiar with them was gonna pick up that they were frauds. Worse, he'd made a bunch, and- with very notable exceptions- nobody anywhere near their age was going to be producing more than one or, maybe, two proper clones. So she didn't even really need to check to know these were academy fakes.

Plus... he was an academy student, so of course they were.

Releasing her jutsu to stay transformed, Miroru performed a lightning-fast hand-seal and swung her hand out, sending a sparse hail of Raiton slivers spiking down across the clones, dispersing them all without much effort- but taking her time as she hopped to the ground and started to walk, noisily, towards the culvert, giving him time to work- but adding the awareness that she'd be there soon to prevent it if he didn't hurry!

Did a Chidori Senbon to pop the clones!

MISSIONS
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherSept 3, 2023 11:52:49 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
He wasn't sure just how much she could see from her hide, imagining that with her birds the Uchiha possessed quite the outstretched view as he scattered his clones. Even still the mirage-like copies did their job only meant to buy him a small bit of time even if it was a tad sloppy, as the two dissipated in a hail of Senbon Ataru grit his teeth and followed through with the full jutsu. Breathing coolly as he hears her heavy set approach, telegraphed footfalls performed to purposefully sound aloud the boy remains collected and continues on undisturbed.

Weaving his hands together, he could feel the pressure as he formed the final sequence. One after another in a fluid manner until he finally slips the rope-like restraints out of sight and out of mind. He'd done it! Smiling to himself, he proceeds to weave a series of further hand seals in preparation to surprise her - waiting until she draws just near enough to leap into discovering or border the precipice of almost interrupting him before he enacts his plan to give her a fright.
last edit by Uzumaki Ataru on Sept 3, 2023 12:05:20 GMT -5
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherSept 10, 2023 15:57:02 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
The impression that the entire exercise was more challenging than it really was had been intentional. She hadn't wanted Ataru to take it lightly, or give it less than his all, so presenting the impression that she was omnipresent, all-seeing, able to find and interrupt him in every crack and crevice, was all deliberate- and, just as much, a fabrication on nearly every level.

Luckily for Ataru, there had only been one bird- Miroru, transformed, rather than a flock of them reporting to her or anything. If she'd wanted to be a real jerk about it all, she could have summoned and scattered the Bakenokawa to make his life difficult, but she was in this to provide pressure and challenge to accomplish what Ataru needed to learn, not to punish or block him from advancement. So as he fought frantically in the culvert, she gave him the time he needed to complete the assignement, before dropping down on one side, crying out a taunting, "AHA!"

MISSIONS
Birds of a Flock, Gremlin TogetherSept 11, 2023 2:56:13 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ataru
Uzumaki Ataru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
He knew that the Uchiha was likely taking it easy on him, but what mattered is that he learned the jutsu and was having fun in the process of doing so. Despite that, he acted to do his best though found himself more than a bit outmatched by the ginger haired Chunin. Much to his frustration, but now was the time to get some payback and play a bit of a trick on her. As she looks into the storm drain, she would see Ataru clear as day, out in the open in the middle of the concrete tunnel sitting while holding a beaming smile across his face and waving at her. The rope that was used to restrain him, lay amassed in front of him as he stares at her smugly.

Meanwhile the real Ataru had used the replacement technique to switch places from along the top of the pipe to the outside world and left a log to take his place as well as a clone behind to distract. Good thing it was light enough to see but dark enough not to cast a shadow, as Miroru approaches and exclaims out with a yell witnessing his copy. The Uzumaki seeks to scare her by pressing into her back with his fingers and letting out a loud roar in an effort to shock her, and if that doesn't work his fingers would as they work to tickle them silly. "Haha, I gotcha' Miro Sensei." The boy would say in a sunny tenor, it was a gratifying joyous moment for the young boy. One he would remember…