age birthday rank occupation

[LIVE   ANIMAL   EQUIPMENT ] 

Yume no Kochō (夢の胡蝶, "Dream Butterfly")

OWNER: [ Yugao Ageha ] -[Specs: Genjutsu - Medical Ninjutsu]

CLASSIFICATION: Supplementary, Offensive

ELEMENT: N/A

RESTRICTIONS: Personal [Yugao Ageha]

DESCRIPTION:

This is an specie the Yugao Clan bred selectively over time to enhance different natural traits of common Lepidoptera. When it comes to their looks, the [adult] butterflies are white with black details on their wings. However, due to their special diet, they release a pink glow, consisting of a shiny plant-based toxin. In their adult stage, their size is ranging from 2 to 3 inches measured across their wings, males being slightly larger than the females.

Like a lot of butterfly species, their diet consists of a number of poisonous plants since their larva stage. While most butterflies have small dust/scales covering their wings which are mostly harmless, this is not the case for the Dream Butterflies. They have, over time, evolved to be able to both consume, process, and in turn expel these toxins inherited from this special diet - they do so through their wings. The plants they consume are the Ninja Wolfsbane, The Wisteria and an assortment of other toxic flora.

They are kept either as eggs or in their [coccoon] stage for easier storage, however, like other insects tied to clans, they usually grow and go through metamorphosis in seconds when fed with the users chakra. Their life stages allowing multitude of ways to work them and carry them around. Split in her storages, her cloak, specialized pouches and some strays fluttering around, Yugao Ageha tends to keep around 1,500 specimens with her at all time.

The larva of the Dream Butterfly looks like a white caterpillar. The worm is smaller than their adult stage, its color is white or off-white. The larvae have a C-shaped body that is wrinkled and soft to the touch, squishy is a word that comes to mind. They are pretty disgusting to most people, but not to Ageha. She finds them beautiful. When an [egg], they are just extremely small orbs - almost dots - in a yellowish pale color.

ABILITIES:

[Ability - I | Reproduction & Life Cycle] The Dream Butterflies are completely in tune with Yugao Ageha’s Chakra. Due to their lack of complex  intelligence, chakra signals is the way in which they follow orders. More importantly, with certain signals, her chakra can skillfully control both reproduction and metamorphosis of the butterflies. Not only have these butterflies evolved to go through their life stages in seconds [ for easy storage] , but they have an accelerated reproduction, so while there are 1,500 specimens in a single swarm at once, thanks to their quick reproduction this quantity can become an almost unlimited supply - they will never go above that number, but will replenish their numbers as to not die down. Tragically, a single Dream Butterfly can naturally only live between 1-2 weeks, meaning the swarm is in constant rotation.

[Ability - II | Hallucinogen Toxicity]
The Dream Butterflies have an ability unique to them as a species. Thanks to their diet consisting of an assortment of toxins found in plants, their wings are covered in hallucinogenic powder then, when it is inhaled, is a hallucinogen for humans. One would need to inhale the powder of more than one specimen to be enough, five butterflies or more.

On its own, [Without being accompanied by any of Ageha’s Genjutsu] the powder is pretty fast acting but mild, giving those who inhale it quite an annoyance. While not deathly or permanently detrimental to humans, the hallucinogen does target and hinder the opponent’s senses, more specifically sight. The effects are fast to set in, starting to appear a few minutes after the dust is inhaled, those affected will experience brightened colors, blurred vision and a distorted field of view, objects on sight slightly bending or twisting - as well as the only non-visual effect: feeling lightheaded. The effects are short lived, however.

Even when left untreated, it is not a deadly drug - Just after a couple minutes, the enemy’s own body will get rid of the effects of the toxins, not having the need of medical treatment. That’s why, for it to be kept as an ongoing effect, the butterflies must keep powdering the air around the enemy(ies). This in order to keep the poison active for longer than a couple minutes. The powder is pink, extremely shiny and has a very distinctive floral smell to it, like a pleasant perfume.

Time in Posts: [The effects start to kick in in the first rotation, it takes two to three subsequent rotations for the poison to die down.]

[ YUGAO   EQUIPMENT [CLOTHES  &   INSECT  POUCHES ] ] 

Hiten (飛天, lit. "Flying Heaven")

OWNER: [ Yugao Ageha ]

CLASSIFICATION: Supplementary

ELEMENT: Fuuton - [Wind Release]

DESCRIPTION:

The item consists of a beautifully crafted cape. Pretty long, it seems to be segmented into pieces that resemble the main wings of a butterfly, with darker segments resembling the hindwings of the aforementioned insect - however, they are six in total instead of the usual four. Appearance wise, it has a butterfly or moth wing pattern [like eyes or circular patterns, like the ones to fend off predators] on top of the purple cape. When chakra is running trough it, the cape unruls and opens up, similar to an insect opening it's wings.

ABILITIES:
[ Ability I | Strong Silk]
While not Waruichi silk, this beautiful garment was crafted with special Yugao Worm silk, that aside from allowing chakra to run through the fabric, also made it extremely durable. This way, her butterflies can hide inside the cloak, or cocoons can hang inside it without fear of being easily squashed. While delicate-looking, the coat is good at taking blunt damage, though piercing damage is less likely to be tanked.

[Ability - II | Fly Like a Butterfly]
By observing the way butterflies fly, Yugao Ageha found a way to replicate it as an evasive maneuver in battle. The fluttering flight of a creature such as a butterfly evokes whimsy rather than efficiency or purpose, however , while erratic, their flight is actually a strategy for tricking predators.

Ageha can replicate these insect's ability of low-altitude flight and glide, this is thanks to the specialized silk this garment is made with, which basically reacts to Wind Release to lift the user from the ground. The user can channel Wind Release chakra through this specialized cape, this will effectively lift the user from the ground - the cape "wings" opening up and fluttering-  allow her to therefore flutter around the battlefield. While it’s not extremely powered flight, nor will it give her a substantial speed advantage in battle, the erratic movement gives her much more flexibility and maneuverability while avoiding incoming attacks.

This level of flight can be used to oversee a battlefield a couple feet off the ground, mostly to avoid attacks or to aid comrades from a different perspective. When the user glides around, small particles of purple chakra can be seen, emulating the scales that butterflies scatter as they fly.

Dual Insect Pouches

DESCRIPTION:

[Complete Image]A two pieces bag. It is divided into two compartments, one that its attached to Ageha’s back, and the other one attached pon her lower back, from her belt. They are lightweight, but both are made from a hard sturdy material. The top part is shaped similarly to a stylized butterfly, while the bottom one looks more like a regular bag- albeit from a metallic color. Each of them housing halves of the Butterfly swarm. Since most of the butterflies are kept as bundles of eggs, it could potentially house even 3,000 tiny eggs.

ABILITIES:

[Ability - I | Protecting the Swarm]

This two-piece bag allows optimal conditions to keep the butterfly swarm. It is pretty lightweight but sturdy, withstanding outside interference. Both of the bag pieces keep a nice temperature and have several holes for the butterflies to come out when needed. It is also pretty durable, keeping the eggs and larva in good condition. Aside from protecting the swarm, it poses no other purpose. It offers adequate resistance to damage, heat, cold, and other stressors for the live stock inside. It has a button on the left side that seals all the holes, in case there is water or other contaminants in the environment.

Butterfly Food - Basic Powder

DESCRIPTION:

A powder recipe carried in pouches. Sweet in flavor, full of nectar. It is made from an assortment of flowers and mushrooms.

ABILITIES:

[Ability - I | Powdered Food]

This powdered food has the needed nutrients for the swarm to eat whilst traveling. Since its only the traveling version, it does not have enough toxins to hurt humans - instead it is watered down, in case someone eats it by mistake whislt in a mission. Small animals should be careful around it however, since it might be fatal for them.

last edit by Yugao Ageha on Sept 27, 2023 19:33:48 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Yugao Ageha | Equipment [ I ]Aug 18, 2023 16:18:57 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
Dream Butterfly - This can probably be one item, unless you want some butterfly that can't poison.

1st SA: The Hijutsu is a part of the character, so where the writing is fine, you'll want the focus to be that you've got a lot or unlimited amount due to using them for your jutsu.

2nd SA: Remove the focus on genjutsu, as that'll be explained in your genjutsu or in your character SA's. Instead mention that the powder likely has an aroma or something, to allow for a scent trigger, a touch trigger, etc. You'll need to clarify how quickly the hallucinations hit and exactly how hard and in what manner. I think an easy and unintrusive, but still useful thing could be brightened colors and distorted field of view. As for time, due to you likely pushing to have multiple, possibly an unspecified large number. You'll want something short lived, it could even be a necessity that their butterfly constantly powdering to keep the poison active.

Otherwise I think this mostly looks fine!

-Yoshiko
has written 685 posts
Yugao Ageha | Equipment [ I ]Aug 20, 2023 8:49:32 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
Dream Butterfly -

Ability 1 - Due to the edit of ability 2 removing the need for multiple butterfly to poison a target, I'd like to ask that the number your permitted be lowered to 300. If you re-add the need for multiple butterfly, I'll let you multiple the number of this up to 5. IE if you go back to needing five butterfly to induce the poison's effect, then you can have up to 1500 butterfly eggs on you. However as a special jounin and with Yugao butterfly not acting like most bug swarms, not actually attacking with mandibles or other insect weapons, I think anything over 1500 would be excessive.

Ability 2 - Turn minutes to posts.

has written 685 posts
Yugao Ageha | Equipment [ I ]Oct 2, 2023 9:33:33 GMT -5
Yofie
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yofie Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday January 10th rank occupation

Dream butterfly:
Description: As this is a piece of personal equipment I feel that this line: "This is an specie the Yugao Clan bred selectively over time”, would sound much better, if it was along the line of that your family bred it or you personality bred it, the latter being the best option, in my opinion.

This line - "The plants they consume are the Ninja Wolfsbane, The Wisteria, and an assortment of other toxic flora." You live in Yukigakure, so I am not sure these would be good plants for them to eat, as the supply of them is slightly questionable. Maybe find some toxic plants that grow in snowy/cold regions. If there aren't any, then you can just come up with some fake plants. If these plants do grow in such regions, then you can ignore this comment.

I feel like this section should just describe the butterflies and not the amounts she can carry, etc. As that should be described on the actual item that carries the butterflies. So the best choice would be to remove anything that is not purely physical description, as such please remove any mentions of numbers, specimens, and anything to do with what she can carry on her.

[Ability - I | Reproduction & Life Cycle] - Similar comment to the previous, please remove any mention of the numbers.

[Ability - II | Hallucinogen Toxicity] - So the butterflies have an infinite supply of this powder? I believe it would be better to limit it because if the butterflies can swarm the air around a group of shinobis indefinitely, they will be unable to escape the effect. Or perhaps provide a clear radius, such as how far the powder spreads around a single butterfly or how close the butterflies must be to the target.

Flying heaven:
[ Ability I | Strong Silk] - This line: "While not Waruichi silk, this beautiful garment was crafted with special Yugao Worm silk, which aside from allowing chakra to run through the fabric, also made it extremely durable." Yugao does not have any silk that can create clothes that are chakra conductive and extremely durable, please reword. Leave only the part that is relevant to this ability, that is durability.

Dual insect pouches
Description: This line: "Since most of the butterflies are kept as bundles of eggs, it could potentially house even 3,000 tiny eggs." Change to 1,500 eggs, as that is the limit of how many you can carry on Ageha. And write clearly how many adults it can house at one time.

[Ability - I | Protecting the Swarm] - I feel like you put all of the abilities that are separately put on the already existing Insect Packs. And the fact that you put the durability and lightweight into the description is more than enough, you do not need to put it into the ability section again. And honestly, a piece of C-rank equipment wouldn't be the most durable either way, so maybe just remove that. Either way, I will ask you to choose only one ability, as C-rank equipment can have only one ability. The following examples are mostly from your current text.

1. Heat/Cold Resistant - Both of the bag pieces keep a nice temperature.
2. Optimal Conditions - Maybe for breeding or recovery, transportation.
3. Environmental Sealing - It has a button on the left side that seals all the holes, in case there is water or other contaminants in the environment. You can add more, something about toxins, etc.

Yofie has written 172 posts