Float On (Naoko)

compose a reply
Float On (Naoko)Aug 20, 2023 21:45:17 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday September 6th rank Genin occupation Genin
There's no such thing as a dry day in Amegakure. This is something every person who lives there knows- It's a way of life. But just because it was always raining, doesn't mean one had to always get wet. 

Standing near the edge of the sidewalk that lead to the lake that surrounded the village, Taro was learning to do just that, in a manner of speaking. He had come underdressed today- Just his basic pants and shirt, deciding to forgo his usual cloak and equipment. He didn't really need it, right?

He was waiting on someone today. He had them written down in his notebook- Something he kept with him at all times... "ŌORIGAMI NAOKO" was very crudely written down in a barely legible text that likely only Taro himself could read. She was another Chuunin- Taro seemed to be meeting quite a few of those here in Amegakure- And this one was going to teach him something. A lesson. 

He wasn't sure what that lesson was, but he was already learning a lesson himself- How to stay under the pipe of a nearby building to avoid the rain. Heh, he wasn't getting wet so easily, no sir.

Still. The area was set- A perfect place to perhaps learn new jutsu, away from the greater public, or just a place to learn a bit of Ninja History. There were so many things he could be taught, and he really knew nothing of this Naoko woman, so Taro was a little excited to see what was in store for him today.

He just kind of hoped it didn't involve jumping into the water.
Caelum has written 122 posts
Float On (Naoko)Aug 23, 2023 13:36:01 GMT -5
Ōorigami Naoko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ōorigami Naoko Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Teaching was….not something she was used to. Not in any capacity, really. But she had to admit that she had already learned a lot. And it was only fair to offer some of that back, like others had offered her. Especially given that she was not exactly going about normal ninja duties at most times. Plus, she was someone well-versed in the less popular arts, so it was only natural that there would not be too many that could just go and teach, especially those with time. It was as good as anything, really.

Hence, she would arrive, on time, walking by with the customary umbrella keeping her red coat dry. It was obvious that the boy that she saw ahead was to be the Gima Taro that she was supposed to meet here. People waiting for others almost always exuded a certain air in that regard. At least when they had no reason to hide – or in fact a reason to specifically not hide. That was a mutually beneficial quirk, after all.

The social customs of ordinary people. Nao was not well versed in enacting those habitually, but she understood well enough. "Good day, Gima Taro. I hope it found you well enough, despite the clouds.” Then again, it always rained. But she was not great at small talk, so that was the best she had to offer.

has written 40 posts
Float On (Naoko)Aug 25, 2023 19:47:11 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Taro, again, was trying to stay dry. Trying being the main word here. It was still damp, and droplets of water sometimes dripped onto his outfit as he shivered. Sure, he was tough, he was real tough, but the shiver of cold would always drip down your spine if you weren't careful.

As she mentioned the clouds, Taro couldn't help but snicker back at her. What kind of comment was that, anyways? It always rained in Amegakure.

"Heh, if something as small as some silly clouds could get in my way, I'd be one crummy ninja!" He was shivering from the cold. He really should have worn a jacket. He slowly walked out and into the rain, knowing the basic decency not to hide under someone else's umbrella, as he stood and made a mock-salute.

"Taro at your service, miss Origami! What would you have this lowly Genin do?!" The words were... Possibly hard to decipher, on first hearing. On the one hand, even someone like Naoko would likely have heard of this trouble making Genin, and the problematic issues he had with others. On the other hand, if she knew that, she also likely knew he was obediently loyal, so his words, while dripping with a bit of sarcasm, had an honesty under laced to them.

Oh right, and he miss pronounced her clan name. In his defense though, he totally thought that was how you said it.

"I'm ready to learn! ... But I forgot my gear at home." And so the troubles started. She may have been in over her head. Or maybe not?
Float On (Naoko)Aug 26, 2023 15:39:16 GMT -5
Ōorigami Naoko
Ōorigami Naoko Avatar
groupnull
"Is that so?” Her voice often lacked an inflection, unless she actually did feel strongly about something. This was one of these times. What might have sounded possibly teasing or playful in others was mostly neutral coming from her. "It is Oorigami. I personally do not mind but my clan does. Also, clouds are not something small, nor insignificant. They are vast, mostly untouchable, and they are one of the things that bring life to the world. Nothing silly about that.” It probably came off as a rebuke, but she just wanted to explain. It was important to truly understand nature, at least to some degree, if one wanted to make assessments of it all.

Shifting lightly, her umbrella rotated a bit as she let him continue his salute. No one ever saluted her. She had no idea what to do with it. If she had to tell him to stop doing it, her was probably out of luck. "Either way, you do not need gear of your own. I brought sufficient supplies. From what I have been told, you have a lot of surplus energy. Hence, it would be useful to work on your supportive skills. Might as well do something beneficial with it. What do you know of medical jutsu, so far?””
has written 40 posts
Float On (Naoko)Aug 26, 2023 15:48:51 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Taro listened carefully. Right, Oorigami...

"Hold that thought." His notebook was back out and he tried to write down what she'd just said as best he could. Again, a close inspection- It was basically illegible to anyone but him. Ninja code, maybe? ...Probably just poor handwriting.

"Oorigami... Right. Okay. Uh... Medical Jutsu..." The part about clouds went right over his head. Maybe his own head was in the clouds? Regardless, his fingers ran over his chin as he stood there in the rain, thinking about it.

"Jutsu wise... I don't know anything about medical jutsu. I know how to bandage and disinfect a wound, and I can set a bone... But that's all basic stuff they'd teach you in the academy anyways... So, I don't know anything about Medical Ninjutsu, ma'am!" He explained with a bright smile, scratching back behind his head. Embarrassing, really, but the look on his face said he was ready to learn.

"Though... I get it used on me a lot." Sheesh, one glance at his body was all she needed to know that was the truth- There were old scars in all sorts of different places.
Float On (Naoko)Sept 3, 2023 12:06:34 GMT -5
Ōorigami Naoko
Ōorigami Naoko Avatar
groupnull

Taking notes was a good habit. Nao would indeed hold the thought and let him do so. The boy at least showed an impetus to learn with that, which was more than she could say for a lot of people she had met. It was good. Hence, it should proceed. Not like she was pressed for time. Her shift in the hospital was already over for the day. Just a quick nap and she was ready for this engagement, too. She figured the boy had already learned that particular lesson though. Every ninja had to learn how to work with little sleep.

"Knowing how they feel when used on you is good already. Medical treatment is a…dialogue of sorts. You interact with the patient’s body in a very intimate way. Knowing when you can do what without a severe reaction is important. And for that, you need to know how it is being received.” Big of her of all people to talk about dialogue as if she knew her stuff in that regard. But this was the one part of communication that she actually, properly got. "That means you are already familiar with its effects. And how it affects others. All you need now is to learn to utilize them yourself. That is at least 40% there.”
has written 40 posts
Float On (Naoko)Sept 3, 2023 16:08:43 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Continuing to take notes, Taro's eyes would glance between the paper and up at Naoko. Communication between the body and the person? Intimacy?

"This uh... Kind of sounds like..." He let that thought dwell for a moment. It did sort of sound sexual, in a way. Or maybe he was just being a teenager. He looked back over the paper, tapping it a few times as he shook his head. What a stupid thought process.

"I understand. How would I utilize them on myself though? I uh... I'm good at making Suiton, in a pinch, but I ain't no boy wonder when it comes to medical ninjutsu. You might have to explain it a coupla' times to me, ma'am." He left that one on a drifting note, as he glanced back down towards his paper notes.
Float On (Naoko)Sept 11, 2023 15:01:21 GMT -5
Ōorigami Naoko
Ōorigami Naoko Avatar
groupnull
It sounded like a reasonable explanation. At least that was how she saw it, not picking up on the connotations at all. Instead, she was already sifting through her bag to produce a notebook. Flipping through the pages, she soon arrived at the section she needed. One with a more detailed explanation of the execution of the jutsu than what she could offer verbally.

Then, she pulled up her sleeve before producing a scalpel from the other. "You do not need to be a prodigy. It is clear already that you are not training to become a ninja. But you should be able to treat your allies. Out there, you cannot simply call a medic. If you see an injury, you need to quickly act. Or at least be ready to do so.”

And with that, she simply cut her own left arm. The lack of a reaction other than a brief inhale of air revealed that she had experienced this before. The precision with which she made the cut further showed practice. Obviously, she was not going to actually injure herself for a demonstration. Just some blood would be enough, though. "I believe in learning by doing.”

has written 40 posts
Float On (Naoko)Sept 12, 2023 23:39:34 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Taro watched as she worked through her own notebook. So they were both taking notes. Well, that was... He should have noticed that before. Talk about going over his head! He crossed his arms and listened to her carefully about him not training to become a Ninja, and almost rolled his eyes in response.

"I am too tryina' become a Ninja. Just because my methods ain't the cleanest don't mean I'm any less of a Ninja then one of them fancy clan members." His drawl was coming out, just a bit, as he cleared his throat and watched her-... Cut herself open with a scalpel. What in the name of...

What was she trying to prove? Taro's mind ran clean one way and out the back, as he looked around. His tools weren't here, so he didn't have his bandages or equipment, which meant...

"Right, learning through doing- You better have a dang good way to do it, because I didn't exactly come with any bandages, boss." He said, though the hand on his shirt showed he was ready to tear it up if it meant he had to bandage her this very instant. Not exactly a wanted conclusion but, well, if push came to shove, he had options.
Float On (Naoko)Oct 14, 2023 16:27:11 GMT -5
Ōorigami Naoko
Ōorigami Naoko Avatar
groupnull
"You will have to learn about doing things cleanly. That is paramount for a medic,” she stated, quite directly. However, she evidently was not talking about poise, or even delicacy. This was very much her being very literal. Hence, she raised the injured hand out of the umbrella’s range. "This is the village of rain. At the very least, our village helps with cleaning wounds. Least something might get infected.” She allow the liquid to roll over her hand, mixing and taking away some of the red. If it bothered her at all, she did not show it.

And why would it? She was used to this. "It is not about being a member of a fancy clan. Nothing like that. It is about being smart about it. Out there you only have whatever tools you decided to bring with you. Your knowledge. And your abilities. Do not panic. Think through what to do.” Nao did give him a head-tilt with a brief smirk. "And always consider that your patient might have been carrying supplies, too. You got too caught up in seeing blood that you did not even consider asking if I had any, did you not?”
has written 40 posts