Medical Foundations[Open]

compose a reply
Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 7, 2023 18:41:04 GMT -5
Senju Miho
The Next Chapter.....No Spoilers Please
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head

The progress of medical foundations and fundamentals was important in all aspects of village life and shinobi survival in general. In fact, it was becoming so profound that some had even taken it upon themselves to try and practice it without some oversight. Granted, it showed promise for the future, but even Miho had to worry that someone might very well get hurt or accidentally try something that was more advanced without prior knowledge.

As such, the academy had asked that she might provide some time at the hospital to work with shinobi who might wish to learn more. At the very least, she could give some pointers to help in increasing the odds of those within the field. It wouldn't be perfect, but any knowledge of first aid at the event of an incident could save lives and make their chances far higher than not doing anything at all.

So as Miho prepared the room for the arriving shinobi, she'd then wipe her brow as before looking around to be sure her supplies were in place. Once sure of this, she'd then make her way over toward the lab table at the front of the room to wait for the first to enter.

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control
Training within the land of Snakes has given more than just experience in Senjutsu, it as also taught her precise control over her chakra and it's supply available to her in exact moments of need. Though she never fully mastered Senjutsu, her ability to control and execute techniques with limited resources have proven to display an understanding of control over her own supply of internal energy and granted her the ability to make each strike count, knowing full well that it might be her last attempt at making an impact against a pressing opponent.

Adept Medical Training
Since her return to Konohagakure, Miho has taken upon a new role within the village and has done her best to live up to the example set by her former teacher. With nearly over three years of medical training, Miho has become a capable physician within the village, adapting to the path of helping to create a healthy and safe village. This knowledge allows for her to use many medical ninjutsu and techniques effectively that can save lives on and off the battle field, and it only appears that she has scratched the surface of just what she can do in the future. In some causes, she can come up with various versions of these jutsus, improving upon them to make them just as effective when on the field.

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Kaze has written 1,299 posts
Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 9, 2023 0:23:04 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
To say that Uriko was at the foundation level of medical training skills would be underestimating her prowess greatly. Even though still a Genin, she seemed to be well on the way to making a name for herself in the medic field, thanks to her learning of the high level technique Inyu Shometsu. Still, potential did not mean power, and while there was a lot of room for the young kunoichi to grow, there was still so much she had yet to learn. And learning was what she intended to do.

This was why, when she heard that the village was organizing a workshop for intending medics and such similar people, she had determined to go almost immediately. Because even though one could argue that she had little to learn, as far as the beginnings of medical ninjutsu were concerned, there was a reason even the most skilled warriors practiced basic kata. Because the basics were always a fundamental aspect of knowledge, and botching the basics was just setting oneself up for failure. Even if Uriko imagined herself okay with the basics, it was possible that there might be things she had overlooked, or wasn't doing right, or needed to avoid. Besides, there was so much she felt she could learn from the Chief Medic of Konohagakure.

As she arrived well on time, Uriko noticed that she seemed to be the first to arrive, though Miho was already there and waiting for arrivals. Of course, Uriko knew the woman at the table was Senju Miho. Famous people were well recognized, after all. "Hajimemashite, Miho-sama!" she called out as she bowed to the other woman, who looked her age. But age didn't matter to Uriko, being polite as she was. "I am Kayahara Urikohime, and I'm delighted to learn from you today. While I have some proclivity towards the medic arts, I'm certain there is still so much for me to know. Which is why I shall be looking to you for guidance."

Ronin has written 328 posts
Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 15, 2023 12:27:05 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head

While it seemed to be a slow start, Miho patiently awaited the arrivals as there would likely be some stragglers. Still, the merit of the workshop was with its benefits, even if few realized it. Seating herself atop the table, she'd soon find her faith rewarded with the appearance of one. Looking at her, she'd nod her head at her polite entrance and introduction.

"Its a pleasure Urikohime...welcome..."

Holding a smile on her face, she would listen as the young woman mentioned that she had some experience in medical techniques, but was still certain that there was more than she could learn. In truth, that was all one could expect. It was never a wise decision to imagine that you knew everything in one field. There was always more that you could learn.

"Good...one should never come to learn when their bowl is already full..."

Pushing herself to a standing position, she'd look to the door and raise her brow before placing one hand on her hip.

"Since we may have a bit of a wait, let us begin shall we?"

Making her way toward one of the lab tables, she gestured for her to follow as she positioned herself before one of the molds lying there.

"While I can not say that I will be teaching more than the basics today, if you are indeed interested in learning more, I am more than happy to share what I know. Though for now, the focus of the workshop is how to handle medical treatment in the field..."

Looking at Urikohime, Miho would then hold a calm expression.

"You stated that you had some experience in handling some medical techniques, would you tell me a bit about that experience..."

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control
Training within the land of Snakes has given more than just experience in Senjutsu, it as also taught her precise control over her chakra and it's supply available to her in exact moments of need. Though she never fully mastered Senjutsu, her ability to control and execute techniques with limited resources have proven to display an understanding of control over her own supply of internal energy and granted her the ability to make each strike count, knowing full well that it might be her last attempt at making an impact against a pressing opponent.

Adept Medical Training
Since her return to Konohagakure, Miho has taken upon a new role within the village and has done her best to live up to the example set by her former teacher. With nearly over three years of medical training, Miho has become a capable physician within the village, adapting to the path of helping to create a healthy and safe village. This knowledge allows for her to use many medical ninjutsu and techniques effectively that can save lives on and off the battle field, and it only appears that she has scratched the surface of just what she can do in the future. In some causes, she can come up with various versions of these jutsus, improving upon them to make them just as effective when on the field.

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 17, 2023 0:00:29 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko almost reflexively followed Miho's gaze to the empty door. It seemed that if any was coming, they were going to be late, although the green haired girl suspected that she might be the only one having medical lessons with Miho today. On average, most ninja did not seem to care too much for the medical arts. Much of the tools of the trade, and skills associated with ninja seemed to be more focused on killing and subterfuge, not healing and saving lives.

"Yes, I think we should start, Miho-sama."

On being beckoned on to come, Uriko followed the Tokubetsu Jounin to one of the molds set on the table. The question was raised regarding what Uriko's level of medical knowledge was. "I can, to a reasonable extent, identify the nature and extent of damage to a wounded body, using the Ikkou Gazou technique. I can also mitigate fatal exhaustion due to acute chakra depletion using Seimei Ken, and I can take care of minor wounds with the I-Gikou technique. As, for the most part, the job of a medic is one of service, these are techniques I know which can help others. But I recently learned how to perform Inyu Shometsu, although I cannot use it to heal others, and I have yet to learn how to utilize it most effectively."

Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 20, 2023 14:57:51 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"All very good techniques...a great starting point..."

Miho would smile as she leaned over toward the mock patient, looking at the mannequin before then turning her head toward the young woman with a calm expression.

"Though understand that there are times in which using chakra to heal others can often be a deterrent from doing whats best. While it is often the quickest way on the field of battle, it is not the most efficient when it comes to dealing with multiple situations and at times, you will not have the luxury to perform such a process..."

This was not to discourage, but to educate. After all, it was natural for most people to assume that medics were miracle workers who could heal everything with just chakra. It wasn't far from the truth, but it didn't mean that they weren't indeed people and held limitations.

"Often, with what I practice, I try and limit the usage of chakra as cure-all due to the long-term effects it has upon the body as a whole. It can very much weaken the body's own defenses when one is reliant on simply the boost we can provide to the healing process. There are some situations, where, while mundane, a simple application of bandages and relief through sterilization is far more practical...do you understand?"

In waiting for a response, Miho would then gesture toward the doll as she held her hands behind her back.

"Now...say our patient here was to come here with severe burns...what would be your first step?"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control

Adept Medical Training

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 22, 2023 0:10:35 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Miho seemed to approve of the techniques Uriko knew, commending them as a good vantage point from which to begin the journey to being a master of medic ninjutsu, not just in knowledge but in application as well. The warning about not relying too much on chakra did come as a bit of a surprise to Uriko, though. She had always thought that the ability to heal using chakra was the acme of medic ninjutsu, but Miho's words made a lot of sense, despite the fact that Uriko did not expect them. It was wise to remember that chakra was a limited resource, and while it could be used generously on short-term and simple missions, on more challenging missions and longer tasks, it would be much safer to use it judiciously.

"I see..." Uriko said thoughtfully, as she semi-consciously nodded her head, agreeing with the Med Nin Chief's opinion. "I understand, Miho-sama." And then came her first test: if a patient had severe burns, what would be the first thing to do? Uriko paused momentarily, her mind running through possible ways to handle the situation. "Um, I guess first things first, I would try to clean and sterilize the injuries, while attempting to cause as much relief from the pain as I can. That would probably require a gentle wash of the burn, and then application of salve to it. Sasayaki doku would probably work as a reasonable option, although care must be taken to apply it lightly so as not to interfere with muscle function."

Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 22, 2023 22:13:55 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Hmm...Usage of Whisper Poison...A good option. It would indeed relieve the patient of some minor pain while you work toward dealing with treatment. Depending on the size of the patient, the effects of muscle spasms due to the heaviness would be an inconvenience for them on the field. However if, as you mentioned, used lightly, the individual would only have a small reaction to it..."

Nodding her head, it appeared that Uriko a good understanding of some of the methods used by the Medical Corps division. A valid insight to say the least.

"I would also consider the possible natural elements in the surroundings as well. Some plants produce a dew that can create a similar result without this setback, along with the usage of aloe and if available, cool water. Nonetheless...well done..."

With a smile on her face, Miho would then place her hands at her back, looking at the young medic with a calm expression.

"Seeing as we are still the only ones here...I want to allow you to ask me something. I want to be able to provide you with as much information as possible...is there a technique that you feel you would like to learn?"

It was unfortunate, but she would not turn away a student who was willing to learn when others did not. There was clearly promise in her, and she wouldn't let her waste it by not getting the chance to learn something that could be useful to her in the future.
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control

Adept Medical Training

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 23, 2023 0:40:36 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko felt pleased that Miho commended her choice of dealing with a patient who came in with multiple burns. The Med Nin Chief further pointed out the efficacy of also using the environment to remedy the ailments one was presented with, which was a skill Uriko felt was quite beyond her capability. Because it meant that one would have to have proper knowledge of the chemical properties of various plants, animal parts, and other natural items. That was mixing both being a chemist with being a physician, and both fields were considerably great in their own respects. Uriko found herself respecting the dark haired medic. Miho was probably quite a genius in her own right.

Then came the jackpot. Miho asked Uriko if she would like to learn any technique from the Med Nin Chief. "Oh yes indeed, Miho-sama!" the green haired girl said enthusiastically. "I'd really like to learn Shousen no Jutsu..." there was a pause, as the Genin considered that this might just be attempting to overreach. The Mystical Palm technique was a complex one, and one that required a great deal of study, training and practice to learn. "But I think I would prefer to focus on something else, at least for this lesson. As Konoha's Med Nin Chief, you've definitely had some impressive scrapes, I'd wager. Do you have any pointers regarding how to handle pain in a high-paced battle? I didn't get to pass in the last Chuunin Exams, partly because I wasn't tough enough to muscle through pain. While I'd be glad to have you throw in a tip or two regarding performing the Mystical Palm technique, I'd rather focus for now on being battle ready, and as a medic ninja, not just any type of shinobi."

Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 23, 2023 22:45:20 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

While the first request was a bit haphazardous considering the girl's level of experience, the second in terms of learning of ways in which to lower the body's response to pain was something that could be doable. Of course, she imagined that much of this was due to the upcoming exams, and any advantage to aid them in battle or during the trials alone would be of great use.

Still, it was a bit of a risk, much like anything that seemed too good to be true...

Yet, it seemed that Uriko wanted to do well this time around, and she could only sympathize.

"There is a technique that does increase the body's resolve against pain, but I would advise using it only in a dire situation and possibly before a conflict.

As she spoke, her tone remained serious as she continued.

"Chintsu-Zai [Pain Reliever] dampens the brain's pain receptors and makes it so the user or another is capable of being numb to all pain. This can be from a broken rib to even severe torn muscles. It releases a pulse through the user and allows them to be capable of fighting despite their injuries...but...it does risk the body becoming overwhelmed and injuries can become fatal without the user's knowledge if not used carefully..."

Miho would give this warning with as much intent as possible.

"Meaning..it harms as much as helps, depending on the extent of the user's performance when hurt and often before they even know they've been hurt. Still, it is a useful technique when dealing with overwhelming odds and can be of assistance...."

Crossing her arms, the medic would then close her eyes as she released a breath.

"I have used it more than once before and can attest to it's performance in combat and on the field....if you wish to learn it...I will teach it to you...But...I want your word that you will not abuse it..."

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control

Adept Medical Training

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
last edit by Senju Miho on Sept 23, 2023 22:46:45 GMT -5
Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 24, 2023 20:08:58 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko listened as the Med Nin Chief offered to teach her an interesting technique which seemed to function as a sort of chakra-mediated painkiller. It did sound quite nifty, but as Miho had mentioned, it came with its own downsides. The major one was that pain receptors were part of the human system for an important reason. Being unable to feel pain was quite dangerous, even in battle, although most people would probably argue that not feeling pain could make one more effective. This was a false assumption.

Miho offered to teach Uriko the technique, only if she promised that she would not abuse it. The Genin smiled. "Not gonna lie, Miho-sama, I can't make any promises in that regard. But I will try my best to be responsible with how I use it, " she answered. "I will be most honored to learn it, not just because it will help me on and off the field, but also because it will improve my knowledge of how to resist pain, which is something I need to focus on."

Uriko thought for a bit, before turning her attention to Miho once more. "Still, Miho-sama, please give me pointers as well, regarding how to take hits. I suspect there might be times I will be jumped, and therefore unable to use the technique before being attacked. So I'd also like pointers on how to increase my pain threshold."

Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 28, 2023 12:17:39 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Perhaps it was asking a lot to hope that the girl could be responsible with such a technique in terms of fighting. Though depending on the situation, perhaps it was all she could ask that she'd at least try and do so in the end. A technique such as this was a high risk, but it was valuable in getting through the fight as swiftly as possible.

"Very well...I guess that is as much as I can hope for..."

Placing one hand on her forehead, the dark-haired woman smiled before then pulling away as she heard the rest of her request.

"How one takes hits is dependent on the size of the opponent and their style of attack. In dealing with the physical, if you are unable to evade them or it appears as if you are outnumbered, ensure the placement of your arms in a defensive position..."

Providing an example, Miho would hold her own guard up, presenting this statement as she slowly showed the motions of a high guard and lower guard.

"Ideally, you want to protect the most vital of areas...chest, jaw, eyes, ears, legs. Though if you have to give up one to defend the others, you need to understand the force of your opponent's attack, and rotate your defense as such..."

Moving her arms downward, she'd reflect this notion by switching up and also displaying the covering tactic.

"If possible, try and position yourself so that you are at least aware of the direction in which your attacks are coming from, and try and charge your guard in accordance to the pace of the battle...You can also try and minimize the impact of some attacks by moving into them, shortening the momentum and lowering the damage..."

Lowering her arms, Miho would then hold a calm expression as she placed one hand on her hip.

"It often comes down to ensuring that the attacks aimed at you have as little impact force as possible upon connection, reducing the damage upon the body...do you understand?"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control

Adept Medical Training

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 28, 2023 22:29:49 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko was personally glad it was Miho, and not some taijutsu buff whom she had to take this lesson from, as they would have probably told her to bulk up, because larger muscles could take more beatings. For her part, Uriko was neither willing, nor did she think herself able, to build muscle up to such an expected standard. Besides, even if it was vain of her, she preferred her present form.

Miho's lesson on dealing with attacks was quite practical, and took into consideration the effects of physical forces. What Uriko noticed, though, was that an attack was better dealt with if one was expecting it. Because even if one could not dodge, they could take action to mitigate the damage caused by the incoming attack. Of course, that was mostly aimed at physical attacks, but still, they were useful enough. And then a thought came into Uriko's mind.

"Yes... I believe I understand, Miho-sama," she answered, though it was clear that there was something on the Genin's mind. "But I wonder... what if-- I don't know, it sounds stupid, but I was thinking, if I used Inyu Shometsu to attempt to heal only the nerves around the struck area, that would be not taxing at all on my chakra reserves, as I wouldn't be performing any extensive healing, but hopefully, it would help me cope with the pain enough to at least be able to take immediate action. Of course, I've never tried it, and it's all theory, but what do you think, Miho-sama? Do you think such a thing would work on the field?"

Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 30, 2023 19:01:50 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Inyu Shometsu...."

Miho would cup her hand beneath her face, thinking on it as she spoke in response.

"While it would retroactively heal the damage done upon impact and repair the tissue swiftly, it would also test the limits of celluar regeneration and dependent on the damage, the process could be halted if one is dealing with multiple assaults. If it were one opponent, I'd say such a solution would be flawless, but I would imagine it would vary on the situation..."

Still, the idea was indeed well thought, and it was impressive to come to such a suggestion in dealing with damage and pain in a fight.

"But I would not discount it...but I would still be weary of it's usage being taxed. Yet...a very good strategy..."

Looking toward Uriko, she'd smile as she nodded her head.

"I would say if you wish to test this, I am more than happy to aid in such a experiment. Though be aware that it would be best to do so sooner rather than later..."
-
-Jutsu Used

-Familiars/Summons-
xSnakes:Mimiki

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control

Adept Medical Training

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Medical Foundations[Open]Sept 30, 2023 23:24:05 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko watched as Miho considered the suggestion she had given. From the little she had gleaned about the Konoha Med Nin Chief, Miho seemed to be the kind of person who thought things through. In Uriko's opinion, she could not have asked for a better person by whom to run her unorthodox ideas. Because while unorthodox ideas were cool, and did give someone some form of bragging rights for being able to think outside the box, the truth was that novelty came with some disadvantages, one of the most notable being that since the idea was new, it was untested, and untested meant untried. There were many variables that one would never know of until they had tested it frequently.

Miho seemed to think Uriko's idea would work. As the Tokubetsu Jounin nodded and smiled at Uriko, the green haired Genin could not help but smile back. It was even better that Miho had offered to test out her experimental plan with her. "I'm so grateful for your offer, Miho-sama," she replied, "and I gladly accept it! As you feel that it would be better to test it sooner rather than later, a sentiment I share as well, I think we should get to it." Uriko took a prepared stance. "I'm ready, Miho-sama."

Medical Foundations[Open]Oct 2, 2023 21:30:16 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

It was a good thing when a student was ready to learn and test that knowledge in the field. Yet as the young girl got into a ready stance, Miho's eyes grew wide as she shook her head while waving her hands.

"Woah woah woah! Not in the hospital! This is a place of healing, not the training grounds!"

With a stern tone, she'd then release a breath as she coughed into her hand, realizing her mild outburst.

"Ahem...besides..thats what we have the back area for...follow me..."

As her calm returned, Miho would make her way out of the room, guiding Uriko toward the area she had a in mind. Moving down the hall, she'd be sure to check in with the staff, seeing how each one was doing, much like she always did as part of her rounds. While most would be content with the idea of being in charge, Miho made sure to always be available for her staff and those volunteering their time in the service of others.

In her own way, that was what she believed was called for in the role of leadership. Not to micro-manage, but to be there if support was required, and trust people to do what they did best. Upon arriving at the field, Miho made her way into it as she gestured toward it with a smile.

"We use this area of the hospital for physical therapy, but it also allows for some of us to practice and even release some steam as well..."

Removing her vest from her shoulders, Miho would then brace herself as she began to tighten the grip of her gloves upon her hands.

"Now then...are you ready? We'll test your idea and ensure that it is fesable and then proceed from there..."
-
-Jutsu Used

-Familiars/Summons-
xSnakes:Mimiki

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control

Adept Medical Training

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION