Midnight HollowsSept 10, 2023 20:56:56 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

It had been something of a long time since Taki had seen her old friend she had invited him to come out and meet her in the land of Kinoishi one of the more rugged cities in the land of Tsuchi no Kuni there was a mission she was set to partake in there and wanted to make certain that she had arrived early in order to make sure they were adequately prepared as well as to discuss business with the two of them.

Taki had been making progress on her mission to break into the prison in Tsuchi no Kuni and now having been re-united with one of her closest friends she had a more reliable cell that she could depend on to help her but before that she still needed to attend to things at home. As she made her way through town she was able to notice the large pillars that pumped smoke upwards through the 2 floors of the city.

The heat from the factories kept the city quite warm on the inside but never to the point of discomfort, it was incredibly warm and had a great deal of amenities despite it being so far out in the snow. It was hard to get too any of the major cities from all the way out here, but as a result of its locale the town was bustling with civilians, which was all the more reason to keep them safe.

They weren't the most sophisticated bunch but they were honest people none the less and lately Taki had began to more of a rather patriotic streak since she had began to garner a good deal more respect around the village. "Awlright Ryoko, what're ya hungry for...I don't think we gotta check in just yet and I don't think my buddy woulda made it by now and I dunno about you, but I am starvin."

While the two had a rather comfortable ride over into Kinoishi due to the wealth of the Okada clan allowing for a bit more luxurious travel it was never the less still a long one, and one that wore out the young Okandan's appetite.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

355 WORDS SHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Sept 10, 2023 20:57:51 GMT -5
Meep has written 1,707 posts
Midnight HollowsSept 11, 2023 2:09:09 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
A long trip indeed. Carriages were real nice if you were into the whole posh thing. Plenty of Aihara were, they were also a wealthy family, but Ryoko was always the stand out. She peers out of whatever windows she is provided to seek some manner of stimulation, dreadfully bored the entire trip.

It was just so slow. Horses, she knew they could run faster, but they just trotted along. Ryoko was a fine shinobi, but she was a terrible person to be locked in a room with when she got bored. She was unafraid to express her displeasure, previous moments past dotted with her muttering how boring it was to travel so slowly. She could be a bird, you know. Be there already.

She had little appreciation for finery or class.  She had no refinement or sense for decorum.  She was a wild animal, and stuck in a car none the less.

"I ain’t really hungry.” she mutters with a little shakes of her head, and a crossing of her arms below her tattered rags. Her tone conveys her boredom with no filter, emphasizing it to dramatize how utterly horrible it is to.. sit still for a few hours.  "But I guess if there was some dango around I could prob'ly eat all of it.

She gives a slightly dismissive wave of her hand, her chakra threads flying all over the small cab they were seated in. All her equipment was already sealed away so she didn’t even have her Doomstar to play with.

"Least then I could get out and do something. This is killin’ me being all stuck in this lil box.” she mutters with a bit of lingering frustration. Antsy and impatient, she fidgets as she waits. "I wanna break something. Throw something, go around and fly. Light something on fire.. This is so boring!

She spends some of her growing energy not quite throwing a tantrum, but definitely shaking about dramatically in her seat, and then snickering quietly. She heaves a little sigh, and carries on with the trip, smirking with amusement.

"Who’s this person we’re s’posed to be meetin’ up with anyway? Someone I never heard of?
has written 301 posts
Midnight HollowsSept 11, 2023 17:37:50 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
age 19 years old birthday July 21st rank B-Rank occupation Swordsmith

fresh rain to old stone

A correspondence from an old friend. One of the few he had... and a letter he had been expecting for quite a while.

Some time ago he had given his word to aid a cause of hers. Details still needed ironing out and of course he had his own mission to pursue, but he intended on following through. Barring any wild turn of events or malintent.

Circumstances had changed a great deal since last he entered Tsuchi no Kuni. Now? He had a ward. A child he was responsible for. Who depended on him for protection and survival. A turn that was entirely at odds with his personal goals and life of detachment. Months ago he had left the nation of mountains and stone ferrying away a boy from the scene of a grisly attack. A dead merchant. Frightened citizens. Him stuck in the middle of it all.

Truthfully there was no way to tell if the authorities were looking for him— or if he had even been linked to the dispute at all. But that mattered little. To be safe, he traveled light. Discreet. A simple hooded jacket, concealed tools, and his trusty black katana. The bare essentials. If this was what he thought, it would mean a great deal of travel between Tsuchi no Kuni and Arashi no Kuni where he lodged. A necessary burden. Kota needed him too.

It was a good thing that he was making excellent time. By now, he was rather accustomed to traveling vast distances by foot. The city soon came into view on the horizon, and before long he had entered its walls. Slipping in amongst the crowds of people. Just another face in the rush. Dark eyes took in the sights as he slowed his pace. Observing.

Kinoshi was startlingly modern... a far cry from the rustic vistas of his homeland. Though time in Amegakure had dulled some of his shock. The world was changing. Old ways were being left behind. Some not nearly fast enough.

As he walked, a dull grumbling in his stomach sounded. The wanderer did his best to ignore it at first. Until a memory of his uncle Yanosuke calling him lean came to mind. His eyebrow twitched. "I suppose it can't be helped..."

With the location of this meet in mind, he decided to head to a nearby eatery. Something like Teishoku if he could find it. An annoyed shake of his head preempted his shift of direction. After some asking he was pointed in the direction of one such establishment. A word of thanks later and he headed towards the hole-in-the-wall restaurant.

To eat... and most likely contemplate a few things while he did.

last edit by Muramasa Uemon on Sept 11, 2023 23:00:52 GMT -5
Yenga has written 622 posts
Midnight HollowsSept 12, 2023 15:52:24 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

Taki would notice the girl squirm and fidget all throuhgout their ride there, she knew she wasn't the type to like to sit still, but Taki was raised in the lap of luxury so she'd gotten accustomed to it. And kinda just found her actions to be pretty fuuny. Once they arrived to the oven of a town that was Kinoishi It would seem that her buddy had Dango on her mind, if it was Dango she wanted it was Dango she'd get.

As they kept going they stop by a small hole in the wall of a diner, it seemed to be quiet the place with a small line forming as they entered. Taki would head inside where she'd head up to the counter with her after a small wait, feeling something crawling at her back for a moment.

It was a strange feeling one of familiarity she's spot someone who had arrived shortly before they did and felt something too them. As her eyes rested upon the man's back she noticed that he looked familiar, but she couldn't exactly place it. As they waited for a moment they'd get to the hostess counter and be offered to be led to a booth but Taki would decline. "We'll take this ta go."

The girl would say her thick accent somewhat audible if one was really paying attention. Taki would order Gyudon with eggs a nice protein filled meal and would allow Ryoko to order her Dango. "Order whatever ya want I'll be right back, I'm gonna go head to the restroom." She'd pass by that figure once again on the way to the lavatory still not certain as to who he was, and why something about them sent that all familiar sense off in her head.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

297 WORDS SHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Midnight HollowsSept 13, 2023 18:29:55 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
"Bout time, geeze!”

Ryoko springs from the carriage impatiently, not even waiting for the conveyance to reach a full stop before exiting. She hisses quietly at the driver, and spins on her heel, ignoring anyone saying she should have waited. She had waited long enough.

"Thought I was gonna end up retired ‘fore we got here, ugh. How can people stand to travel like that. You know we can run way faster right? I mean I know you can run WAY faster.. And they don’t even let the horses run. Meh.” The diminutive nin searches about under her cloak as she mutters her complaints to Taki, and moves to follow her inside.

Dango, sure! It was something, at least. Her eyes lift as they step inside, the small crowd and busy people finally providing her with some much needed stimulation. Hand already on the scroll containing her Doomstar, she decides to let the weapon rest for now. No need in injuring civilians on accident.

She gives the blonde a happy nod and a wave as she sets off towards the counter to make her order.

"Hey there. Hi. Oh nice hat. Hi. Hello. Hey!” she mutters, grinning broadly as she issues a quiet greeting to each person she passes, a mocking snicker lurking only just beneath the surface of her words. She receives a few friendly hellos on her way past, a couple amused laughs, and a few confused stares. It made sense, she was still wearing her costume. She was always wearing her costume.

The big glossy button eyes on her cowl address the employee when she finally arrives, her smile wide and cheerful by the time she gets to order. "Ooh I’ll take some Dango.” she mutters.

After a moment she blinks. "Oh, what sort? Uhh.. What you got?

Her smile grows wider as she listens to the lengthy list of various dango they offer.

"Ooh yeah, those black sugary ones with stuff in em. Oh yeah, want those colorful ones too. The real sweet ones. Oh sweet potato and bean paste? Sure! That sounds good. Mochi dango? Okay!

She goes on an on, the server eyeing her curiously as she adds up some six different orders of sweet puffy dango, but when she produces the required ryo she cheers right up. She is just about finishing as Taki makes it a to-go order.

"Don’t tell me we gotta get back int he carriage again already, I’ll go crazy.” she mutters as she looks up at Taki, dreading the thought of being locked in the box again. "I swear if we do I’m riding on the roof.

last edit by aihara ryoko on Sept 13, 2023 18:30:23 GMT -5
has written 301 posts
Midnight HollowsSept 15, 2023 8:35:21 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin

old friends once more summoned home

Upon heading inside, it was only a short wait at the counter to place his order. A simple tonkatsu dish of chicken and rice, a salad, and soup. Something light and to-go... so that if he needed to move quickly, he could. 

It was some time after he ordered that he heard some talking behind him. At first he didn't pay it much mind...

But then, he thought about it. Focused his hearing a bit. It almost sounded like... "It can't be." Coincidences happened, but to arrive at the same restaurant? If he believed in such things as fate he might have chalked it up to that. A quick narrowing of his sensory capabilities confirmed his suspicion. And he turned. "Taki..." He said.

Peering out through dark locks, his gaze fell upon the girl. It was her alright. Months older and no doubt stronger than the last time they met, but the same Okada he knew and called friend. For a moment he squinted at her...

Then his expression softened. Just a touch. "I thought that might have been you." Stepping away from the counter, he moved towards her. Some shadow of a smirk gracing his lips. A lot had happened since they last were in each other's company. Not enough for his liking, but progress was progress. "It's good to see you." It truly was.

Allies were not always easy to come by... and others, not worth pursuing. Another girl around their age caught his eye, and his gaze shifted. The person she had been talking to? "Hello." He said, a bit formally. "I'm Muramasa..." A pause. "Uemon." It still sounded strange. Giving away his first name after so much time in anonymity. Of course he still had need of subterfuge, but he had an alias for that. He was trying to break old habits.

Now he was supposed to be setting an example for someone else. Playing cloak-and-dagger with prospective allies was no way to be acting. At least not without good reason. A hand rose to grip the sageo that secured his sword on his left shoulder. Adjusting it slightly as he stood. Not exactly where he expected their big reunion to take place...

...but then, his expectations often proved wrong. For the meantime he stood. And waited.

Midnight HollowsSept 21, 2023 9:02:09 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl would make her way to the back of the room she'd stop and take a gander at the young man who she had figured looked familiar he would meet her gaze at the girl would smile once her eyes rested upon his face. It was him alright. "Well Ho ho holy shit." her voiced chuckled as she spoke to him resting a hand on his shoulder

"It's damn good to see ya, didn't think you'd be here dis early." the girl would say as she placed her arm around him. "Hey Ryoko...this is the guy I was telling you about" for at least a good portion of the ride Taki had been trying to tell the girl about the person they'd be meeting but between her struggling to sit still and possibly keeping her head stuck out the window she had a bit of a hard time really being able to get her to listen or so she figured.

"Anyway where'ever ya sittin We'll come join ya." she'd say looking to him eagerly. "But uhh, I gotta go take a leak so I'll see ya in a bit." with that the girl would head off to the lavatory to freshen up for a moment before coming out and meeting the two of them at a table sliding right next to Ryoko.

"Alright...so you two get acquainted while I was gone?" the girl would say looking between the two of them her eyes darting kind of quickly you'd think she'd been caffeinated before she arrived there. But in truth she was just happy to be re-united with an old friend and to put some new plans in motion.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

280 WORDS SHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Midnight HollowsSept 23, 2023 3:16:23 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Huh, some guy…

She gives a nod to Taki as she darts off, and gives a subtle flick of her finger towards her dango. The to-go boxes animate at her gesture, hopping up off the counter and hovering in the air for just a moment. A little curl of her finger beckons the snacks hither and they glide over silently, apparently content to take up a position just behind her right shoulder.

She peers at the stranger curiously from the shadowy confines of her cowl, little of the excitement she feels making anywhere near her expression. He was pretty cute, but he did seem to have some issues with formalities. In Ryoko’s book, boring was pretty.. Eh.. what’s the word. Boring.

She turns to better address the stranger, the dango boxes following her loyally as she does. He seemed.. Boring. Cute though. Maybe he just didn’t want to be rude, for some weird reason. She takes her time as she studies him, picking out the details of his outfit that scream ‘I’m a shinobi’, while none seem to betray which village. People who didn’t show off their headbands were annoying.

Ryoko’s was very prominently displayed on her collar, almost covering what little of her face was visible below her cowl. She isn’t quick to reply, and one could almost hear the skeptical raising of an eyebrow in her voice. After a too many moments of letting his greeting linger with only her staring as an answer, she finally musters a reply. Assuming he heard Taki call her by name, she skips her own introduction.

"Ehh.. Hey”, she mutters passively, more disdain in her voice than delight. She quieted a moment longer, definitely staring at him under her cowl, even if her eyes couldn’t be seen. She’s quiet again for a moment, though should he attempt to speak, she would seize upon his words to interrupt. If not, she would just wait a few moments.

"Guess we’re supposed to sit. I don’t get why people hide their headbands. I've got a lot of Dango.

Three very different topics, all delivered with same level of moderate excitement.

has written 301 posts
Midnight HollowsSept 23, 2023 19:40:05 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin

reunion begins

Words of surprise, a familiar smile, a hand on his shoulder.

Just like old times. "I only sleep in on my off days." He said, faint smirk holding. Not entirely true but he tried to be early when it really mattered. Taki explained to her friend and an eyebrow raised. "Good things, I hope?"

Half a joke. Knowing Taki she was never one to skimp on details. The Iwa-nin said something about 'taking a leak' and he pursed his lips. Same old Taki. "We'll be waiting." It was not exactly as if he could say good luck. Taki excused herself and the wanderer moved to grab his order that had just been prepared before glancing around.

Looked like he was about to be dining in instead. The girl accompanying Taki was garbed in some sort of peculiar outfit. Cloaked and hooded both— but still bearing the symbol of Iwagakure. Mysterious. Unique. Eccentric.

It said much without anything needing to be said at all. Uemon merely nodded as she returned his greeting, the girl seeming less-than-enthused to have been left alone. No doubt forming judgments of her own from his demeanor and dress as well. "Here looks fine." He said, gesturing to a nearby table that was unoccupied. He moved to sit.

Opening the lid from his teishoku meal and sparing the girl a glance as she joined him. "I can think of a few reasons one might. But some people don't have headbands." Was his reply, a hint at his village-less nature. Most people were not shinobi. A lot were unaffiliated. Others yet had were criminals, content to live in anonymity.

For his case... he was somewhere in between, he supposed. A word about dango prompted a nod, and he split a pair of disposable chopsticks before sliding his box towards the middle of the table. "I have some pork here if you'd like to share?" An offer. He was not stingy and food was a great way to break down barriers between people. No harm in niceties before business. Taki returned and he gave Ryoko a knowing glance. "Something like that." 

Not enough time to get acquainted, but at least they knew each other's names. And tastes. Uemon offered Taki some of his food to try. "It's been a while... how's the shinobi life treating you?" Hectic as ever, he imagined.

But he wanted to give her a chance to speak. "And you, Ryoko-san?" A question. "You don't strike me as a wrestler. You seem more... covert." Judging from her apparel and how she carried herself, at least. Uemon quieted down as he ate. Taking small bites as he recalled the last time Taki introduced him to a friend...

...it did not go well. Hopefully, this time would be different.

Midnight HollowsSept 29, 2023 16:13:05 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

So It seems the two of them had gotten acquainted after all Ryoko being her usual reclusive self commenting on why shinobi needed headbands. Taki would mutter under her breath. "Tell me about it." she'd think to herself relenting the chastisement she'd gotten from their village leader after her last mission, somethin Ryoko might've been briefed on.

After a short moment the conversation would then shift over to her when she was asked if she wanted some of Uemon's food she'd decline with a wave of the hand. "Nah I'm good I got my own meal coming." the girl would say as she waited for her order to be called.

As Uemon raised his question and she noticed the shift in his gaze she knew he was all business. "Eh well, that's for us to know and for you to unfortunately never find out, somethings gotta remain tight lipped." she'd say. "But once you finish your food, we can head back to the hotel and I can tell you a bit more there." the girl would say winking to him.

The two hadn't seen each other in a while so she wasn't sure how that could be construed knowing their history, but he hoped he took it more as a signal rather than an advance, besides there was a large woman in a metal suit of armor that wouldn't take too kindly to that.

But regardless Taki was ever the paranoid sort and was even more on alert after her mission not fully knowing what kind of trouble she might find herself in, and was taking more of an effort to try and be cautious. She was always going to be looking over her shoulder but made an effort to make sure that no one knew that she was doing it. "I wadn't expecting to see you until we got back to the hotel...but there's some info I need ta discuss about the parameters of the mission, once ya finish eatin." the girl would say as she reclined in her seat. "Speaking of where's my--" she'd say darting her head back towards the counter.

"Order for Okada!" Taki would raise her hand. "Yo!" the girl would rush over to grab her to go order and then make her way back towards the others. "Think you can walk n eat?" the girl would say as she held her bag in her hands.

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

349 WORDS SHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Midnight HollowsSept 30, 2023 15:25:30 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Having been stuck in a carriage for so long, Ryoko was still in no mood to sit. Honestly she wanted to get back outside and run around, find some trouble, or at least something more interesting than food.

She eyes the other two for a moment after Taki returns. As she does she points a finger at her dango and motions one of the little sweet puffy orbs up and into her mouth. She chews it happily, though her smile always seems more a sneer than it does happy. Some people didn’t have headbands, but surely they could still make their own.

"Ha! Covert.” she mutters with an amused and somewhat derisive snicker below her cowl. "I stand out like a sore thumb most anywhere I go. Usually I got my shuriken out followin’ me around but it’s kinda crowded in here, and my shuriken is real sharp. Real big too.

She gives a little nod and spreads her arms, implying the weapon was about as tall as she was, tiny as she is.

"I’m an Aihara. I do what my family does. Control huge arsenals of weapons with my chakra, and lay waste to my enemies. I can even pick up really heavy things and throw em, or like use just my mind and my chakra to smash things from a distance. Or up close. I got a lot of tricks, and most of ‘em are pretty flashy.” She nods a little, muttering casually like what she said should be known by all. Of course, while everything she said was true, it also neglected the larger truth that her expertise lay in being covert. Ryoko was just smart enough to not advertise that to strangers.

She bites into another floating dango when she’s done talking, and eyes Taki some when she says hotel. Having only just sat down, she gets back to her feet, a little wave of her hand drawing her dango up off the table to levitate over towards her.

A puppet user would likely make note of her frequent use of puppet strings for all her levitating tricks, even if her strings were unseen.

has written 301 posts
Midnight HollowsOct 2, 2023 20:50:15 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin

silent in the crowd

Listening to Taki speak, the wanderer could only raise an eyebrow.

As with all of his expressions it was slight, muted, but the hint of surprise was there. She was being secretive which made sense in a public area. It also clued him into what she might have to share. A wink and a hint was all he got.

Fortunately he did not have any delusions about what she meant. Uemon was many things, but no fool. Not only that but if the girl's advances were anything like they had been, this was a bit too subtle to be that. No... she was trying to signal at something. Talk of a mission only solidified that notion. "Back at the hotel, then." A nod.

Continuing to slowly eat as he turned his attention back towards Ryoko, floating dango and all. "Oh?" He asked, turning his discerning gaze to her as she spoke. It was true that her cloak was rather conspicuous... but in his experience people usually did not walk around in cloaks for the fun of it. "That sounds interesting." A shuriken that followed her around? If nothing else something like that would be useful. Dark eyes watched as she gave a rough size estimate with her hands, then took a closer look at her levitating food. Ryoko spoke of her family and their abilities. Controlling weapons, picking up things with their minds, flashy tricks. "Chakra threads?" A question as a thin glint that caught his eye. Some of what she talked about sounded a bit like what he could do.

Puppeteers were rare... so needless to say his curiosity was piqued. Before he could inquire further Taki spoke again, seemingly ready to get out of here. "I'll just finish eating later." He said, closing up his box of food and placing it carefully back in his bag. Eating teishoku on the move would be messy and he had enough by now to keep him going. Sliding his chair back, Uemon made his way to the door to hold open for the two of them. "After you two."

For the most part, the wanderer would move in silence. Minding his footfalls in the crowd as he followed both Iwa-nin. Learning to tread more lightly was something he had devoted much time to recently. And his seamless entry to the city seemed to be proof of that. Stealth would be vital to his aims, so he took every opportunity to train.

Midnight HollowsOct 8, 2023 21:42:49 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As Taki would go and grab her food she'd return to the table she'd ask Uemon if he could eat his food on the go to which he would remark that he could eat it later, to which Taki responded. "Alright C'mon den." with that the trio would head out and make their way towards a hotel out in the streets however a group of red headband wearing men and women would be seen marching through the streets with a series of signs seemingly preaching something about environmentalism."Ugh dhese guys again...to think they've caused so much trouble that they actually tink dey can..." the girl would sigh as they made their way down the road they'd arrive at the hotel that was of course as Fancy as an Okada wallet could afford, but in Kinoishi that wasn't saying much.

The three of them would walk inside and Taki would inform them of reservations they'd made and they'd make their way up the stairs. Kinoishi wasn't exactly known for having the best accommodations since it was a shinobi city but it was still better than staying at the barracks as a Jounin Taki was making more money then she knew what to do with. And while she was already used to that life having a bit more to burn never hurt anyone and why not put it into the local businesses in her country, even she knew that present company probably didn't care to appreciate such things. Once they made it to their room, the group were given modest lodgings a place to rest their heads, running water, and some extra accommodations.

The hotel consisted of a small couch which was situated across from two small chairs at the end of the room on the left. Across from it on the right they'd find their beds which consisted of 3 mattresses each twins as if to accommodate a family of 3, all topped off with a nice view and a patio to step out on too. "Not bad..." It was just the right size for the trio, cozy with all the necessary comforts.

Taki would make her way towards the radio after removing her hat and claiming the mattress in the center of the room. "Dibs." with that she'd turn on the radio and take a seat on the couch for a moment looking out the window. "C'mon pop a squat." she'd say gesturing for them to come over.

Once they arrived she would begin the debrief. "Alright so there's two things we need to discuss, the mission we're here for and the mission we're planning so let's get too it..." as she sat down the girl would pull out a scroll not something she normally carried but she kept it on her specifically for this occasion inside were their mission orders.

Taki would open it out allowing its contents to be shown to the group it wasn't anything that Ryoko hadn't already seen but Uemon would more than likely be unfamiliar. Inside were the images and details of their current targets everything they were going to need for their mission tomorrow.

"So...lets tawlk start wit da most immediate mission foist, we recently got some intel on a group of individuals who got plans to try and destroy one of the mining facilities out here in da city, they cawl themselves the red band and they've been growin quite the following."

She'd point to a picture of a group of men and women dawning red headbands and green clothing. "Woid is dhese guys were inspired by a group known as the Tanjo, some loonies from who da fuck knows where dat are environmentalists or some shit, buncha tree huggas. But regardless these copy cats are a threat and since we can't be everywhere at once we'll need to strike down dere plans as quickly as we can." she'd sift through the images showing them a map of the city with a list of locations.

"Dhere's 4 major mining operations each one being da main source o power for da city. And from what we know they've got 4 individual operations planned at different times with one of em goin down tomorrow night. And based on what I just said I ain't gotta tell you how bad its gonna be if one of em blows."

She'd then pull out an image that showed a group of 4 individuals, a man with dark skin who has a large frame, a young woman with slender features and brown hair, an young man with similar features to the young woman and a portly gentlemen who also youthful looking features. "Each one is said to be ran by a seperate operations leader and these guys are who were looking for."

"We don't know what dhese guys are capable of as a whole but word is dey ain't to well trained...and what betta way to deal wit em den by takin em by surprise. I can provide the stoppin powa if things get hairy but you two are probably some o da best infiltrators I know. Figured dis'd be a good chance to see how we work togetha." She'd look between the two, a knowing glance. "Any questions so far?"

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

871 WORDS SHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Oct 8, 2023 21:50:27 GMT -5
Midnight HollowsOct 16, 2023 14:26:00 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Ryoko follows along with the group quietly, eyes narrowed and an expression of general irritation on her face. Not that anyone could see it, the shadowy cowl does well to conceal such looks. Long as they ended up somewhere she could relax it was perfectly fine to keep traveling.

She steps into the room with a quiet "meh” not impressed or disappointed. She was somewhat spoiled, the Aihara being a wealthy clan and holding their own sorts of luxury. It wasn’t finery or comfort that interested Ryoko, though. It was destruction that she craved. A balcony was nice though, she was already pondering a flight away from the hotel room. Stretch her wings a bit.

As Taki claims the radio and a bed Ryoko sets to poking about the room. She checks out the windows, under the beds, in drawers and closets even around pictures and lamps in the like. Paranoia was never a bad thing as a shinobi, so she searched for any hidden things. Listening devices, spy cameras, she would have none of that watching her sleep, or listening to their plans.

The tiny chuunin completes her search and is seemingly satisfied when she steps up beside where Taki is seated. She watches as pictures and notes are drawn from a folder to be displayed, and leans in some to inspect them closer.

Lacking a chair she decides to sit anyway, her feet leaving the ground as she draws her legs up. She folds them into lotus position and sits on the air, seemingly levitating in place as she studies the pictures.

"I dunno, I can be at a whole lot of places at once. Sides, are these people even shinobi? Feel like this is something that shoulds been stuck on some genin.” She mutters with a small smirk. She was half kidding of course, a snort and a snicker of amusement following her words out. She shakes her head.

"What threat do they really pose? Do we know how they plan on collapsing a mine? They got bombs or something?

has written 301 posts
Midnight HollowsOct 18, 2023 20:34:58 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin

the mind races as always

A lavish room, Taki, plotting out the parameters of missions... this felt all too familiar. 

Upon entering the suite he took a look around, dark eyes scanning the extravagant furnishings and watching as Ryoko swept the room for what he could only assume were possible bugs. "Smart." He mused internally as he placed his leftovers on one off the end tables. Better to be safe now than very sorry later as far as surveillance was concerned. "These sorts of places were always too rich for my blood." A thought as his gaze wandered along the fancy décor.

Even at the height of their prominence the Muramasa clan had never been rich. All of these years spent on the road had only made him further unaccustomed to luxury. The room was nice, but he did not have much to say about it.

Nearing one of the chairs, Uemon unslung the sword from around his shoulder and leaned it against the seat's side and sat down. Taking just a moment to retrieve a small black book and a nub of a pencil from his back pocket that he always carried with him. As Taki began to speak he opened the thing and started to write down notes.

Pencil tip swishing against the page as he listened to their briefing. "Red Band... environmentalists..." As his hand moved so did his mind, storing away the info even as he put the words to paper. "Tanjo." That word he underlined, he had never heard of them before but if they were inspiring terrorist acts in the region... it would be a good idea to keep tabs on them. "Four separate operations?" Uemon repeated, glancing up from the page to peer at the photos Taki laid out. "It'd be smarter if they attacked all of them at the same time." Maybe they had reason not to?

Or being the copy-cats that they were, they just had poor planning skills. "Do we know their names? How many members they command, last known locations, whether or not they can use chakra..." His words trailed as his point was made. The more intel they could collectively gather the better. Faces were better than nothing but if at all possible he would like more to go off of. Uemon looked back to the page, scribbling a few more notes after.

Ryoko asked questions of her own and he nodded as if to agree. Any further clarity would be helpful.