Friendly Fire (Training)Sept 20, 2023 9:36:24 GMT -5
raika hyuga
"If they tell you no, do it anyway."
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday June 13th 1001 rank Chuunin occupation ANBU Black Ops
355 words

exit and close thread

Raika mostly seems unperturbed by the fact that the attack actually requires a lot of action for what might seem like a minor strike and even leaves her open to a counter-attack. She decides not to point out the fact that she'd been able to land a few counterstrikes on him already, not the other way around; she wants to be more civil, at least with her teammates, not less civil towards them. So, in the spirit of courteousness, she decides not to point that out, or even push back on the fact that the attack was really meant to be more of a stepping stone for some of the more intense Taijutsu techniques that she'd be involved with learning. It would be much more polite of her to simply take his criticisms to heart and not harp on either his own failings in their close-range spar, granted with an opponent he'd never gone up against before, nor with his misunderstanding of the real application of the technique. In any case, it doesn't sound like she really did anything incorrectly.

"Mm. The problem with that is, I'm already in motion when I begin the rotation. My back is available for a counterattack for a very short window, and I have at least two other limbs that are available for smashing any counter an opponent might attempt... against my three hundred and sixty degree vision."

With that much more civil refutation made, she unlocks the weighted rings from around her ankles and stands up again, and while she would have normally pat a sparring and training partner on the back, Raika decides that's not the best idea for Kai right at this exact moment. Best to just follow him to the hospital and make sure he gets there safely.

"Yeah, sure. Let's get you somewhere to rest up. Maybe with some painkillers, ya big baby."

The Hyuuga gives her fellow doujutsu-using ninja a wry smile as she deactivates her own Byakugan after confirming that the strain wasn't really that serious. This was at least a method of improving her medical understanding, so that was certainly helpful.

by Pinn @ THQ
Babs has written 251 posts