groupnull
age 17 years old birthday April 9th rank Adv. Genin occupation Kunoichi

Universal | Heavy Armor

NAME: Shugoki [Guardian Demon]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Constant]
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
HANDSEALS: N/A
REQUIREMENT: Heavy Armor [Must Be able to slow the wielder from Bulk without a Weight Training SA or Heavy Armor Expertise]
DESCRIPTION:
A basic enhancement placed to the armor one wears that is the basis of much of the concept behind The Art of Endurance. The user channels a thin veil of chakra into their armor increasing its durability, making it particularly hard to cut and pierce past.

NAME: Teppeki [Iron Fortress]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Constant]
REQUIREMENT: Heavy Armor [Must Be Able to Slow the wielder from Bulk without a Weight Training SA or Heavy Armor Expertise]
DESCRIPTION:
A basic stance taken when using heavy armor. Hunkering slightly and placing most of one's weight in a position so that it can easily swivel to meet a blow and hold steady this technique effectively prevents extreme force from moving. Making it far harder to move a user of this jutsu using powerful force.

NAME: Kyouheki [Chest Wall]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
REQUIREMENT: Heavy Armor [Must Be Able to Slow the wielder from Bulk without a Weight Training SA or Heavy Armor Expertise]
DESCRIPTION:
Focusing one's defense on their vitals within their chest the user will shift their weight completely and centralize their chakra within the chest specifically, vastly increasing the armor's defensive capabilities against strikes that would otherwise break through the armor alone. This particularly holding effective versus physical strikes and weaponry.

NAME: Hanpei [Bulwark]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
DESCRIPTION:
A technique using the concepts of collision and weight to their benefit, the user shifts their weight in a specific fashion amidst meeting a blow head-on. With the sudden shift and the collision the user will lean further in to withstand and push against the power of a blow. Often used with the upperhand in weight, this technique often knocks the opponent completely off-balance in the exchange. A powerful enough user blocking a blow potentially being able to break someone's wrist, or knuckles, from the returned force.

NAME: Yagura [Watchtower]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
DESCRIPTION:
A technique that sees the user eschewing all movement to take a blow from a hunkered stance. Reactively pressing all their weight forward into an attack the user's aim is to use the opponent's force against them and break the foe's bones in place of their lack of rebound from a strong blow.
last edit by Toff E on Oct 6, 2023 7:17:41 GMT -5
Toffee has written 25 posts
The Art of EnduranceSept 20, 2023 9:23:32 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
age birthday rank occupation
In general I would suggest focusing less on add chakra equal stronger. You're wearing heavy armor, you should be looking at how to use that to your advantage.

Iron Fortress, as a very low D-rank I hope you understand powerful force wouldn't be a much greater force than the armor normally mitigates.

Watch Tower, I don't see how the more force the more recoil on the attacker. When two forces collide the greater force will typically end up transferring more force. The wording of this reminds me more so of a religion or the redistribution of force which would normally require a certain level of control over the force 'taker' since the jutsu isn't based on the armor and just on wearing armor I don't see why it would logically redistribute force.
has written 685 posts
The Art of EnduranceSept 20, 2023 12:04:56 GMT -5
Kaguya Gomi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kaguya Gomi Avatar
groupnull

THREAD NAME HERE

I am somewhat confused by the first statement, and would love more of an explanation to help me with further techniques I may make.

Iron Fortess is meant to be somewhat like the Lunar Glow jutsu from the Lunar Dance Style. Not a directly mitigational jutsu as much as it is keeping the armor from breaking. If the wording is an issue for it then please let me know.

Watch Tower is effectively the use of a natural phenomina in a way that weaponizes it. When some strikes an object that is sturdier / before they were expecting to make impact it can cause the blow to harshly recoil (hence why if you punch a brick wall your fist hurts). I can clarify specifically, but this jutsu's intention is specifically to use this natural effect to break hands or wrists though forcing more recoil out of the effect.

The Art of EnduranceSept 21, 2023 9:14:22 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
I feel like wording it through phone review will be hard, so next you see me on VC remind me to explain what I mean.

Iron fortress, I am fine with it. Especially since people can reference the explanation.

Watch Tower; there's also a phenomenon where particles weaker than metal shred through satellites because of speed traveled.

Right now the jutsu, specifically the last sentence, states the stronger an attack the stronger the recoil. So this B-rank not blocks but deflects infinite amount of force as written.
has written 685 posts
The Art of EnduranceSept 21, 2023 10:17:45 GMT -5
Kaguya Gomi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kaguya Gomi Avatar
groupnull

THREAD NAME HERE

I made the intention clearer I think. The idea wasn’t that it was an end all be all breaker of attacks, its that you are risking damage w/ the stability of your armor to assist you to effectively create backlash from attacking. Hence the "when you hit an object your can’t physically move the force will bite back at you.”

I also changed Bulwark so that its more like a littler knockback + attack block.

last edit by Kaguya Gomi on Sept 21, 2023 10:20:13 GMT -5
The Art of EnduranceSept 24, 2023 8:45:18 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
Yagura [Watchtower] - "and break the foe's bones in place of their lack of rebound from a strong blow." switch to and attempt to break the foe's bones... I'd honestly say 'in place of their lack of rebound from a strong blow', is pre-implying they don't have the ability too. I think this should be removed entirely, as you'd never know the opponents attack until it comes.

"The technique effectively destroying the hand, foot, knee, or wrist of the attacker by shattering it even as the user risks the ill effects or damage of the attack used on them." Once again the first part of this feels very definitive and seeing as this is a reactive you'll get it off this technique realistically. I'd say you'd either need to make a more specific attack you're reacting to to guarantee the bone break or you keep the bone break being a 'possibility'. The second half of this looks like you're implying the opposite could happen to the user of the technique. I don't think this is necessary, it also doesn't make me feel like allowing this to guarantee the bone break. So I feel you're best removing it, realistically it wasn't going to matter to your character, but these are intended to be universal.
has written 685 posts