Letters to 'Kohime'Sept 18, 2023 19:04:49 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 29th rank Genin occupation
TO: Kayahara Urikohime

Howdy!

Maybe ‘good morning’ is more appropriate? It’s never exactly clear to me what the best greeting for a letter is or ought to be. I’ve been told I tend to write like I talk, which is either really good or really bad.

At any rate, I figured I ought to start making good on the promises to write, regularly and properly, to some of the folk that I’d met during the exams. That, obviously enough, includes you.

How’ve you been, Kohime-chan? I hope you’re doing well, or at least, well enough. I get the sense you’re the type to keep busy as much as you can, but don’t forget to take it easy, every so often. It’s good for the soul. I’d write something like ‘I’ve missed you’, but I get the sense you’d likely accuse me of saying that to every pretty girl I’ve ever known, and then I’d have to somehow defend myself, so–. Well, I’ll skip that much, for now.

Thanks for coming to visit and feeding me and all when I was sick. I know I said it to you already, but it never hurts to say these things twice, or more, even. Have you thought more about your ideals and convictions and all? Maybe sought out advice from those wiser, stronger, more amazing? Maybe the opposite?

My body’s whole, again, I ought to have mentioned. A stranger as mysterious and intelligent as he was handsome(beautiful seems more correct, actually) basically regrew my arms. Masahiko-san, as I recall. Like the way lizards do with their tails! It was kind of amazing, honestly– I didn’t know that medical ninjutsu was capable of such complex and all-encompassing repairs, like that. That’s the sort of thing you’re studying and cracking away at too, isn’t it?

Anyway, because of that, it feels like I’ve been given a new lease on life, more or less. I’ve jumped in both feet first– I haven’t, and will never slacken on my training, of course, crafting my body and mind into the finest sword n’ shield anyone could ask for, in my pursuit to become an invincible protector of people, and all. Taking on plenty of work, ensuring my network of friends and associates and compatriots is ever increasing, always a process of mutual growth and elevation.

Also, I’m thinking of becoming a father. D’you suppose I’d be good at that?

At any rate, please reply to as much or as little of this as you please, but I’m terribly curious about every millimeter of you– as you’re well aware.

Do tell Miroru-chan, that little lightning, that ‘Pervert-san’ said hello and greetings and that he’s all better and back in action, so she’d better protect her purity. But do it in an obviously teasing and mischievous way so it doesn’t come off as…well, you’ve got far more social grace than I, to begin with. And give her thanks on my behalf for that potpourri– I’ve treasured it dearly, keeping it at home to protect and cherish it n’ all that.

I was gonna write her myself, but never snagged her address (or anywhere I could send a message like this to, for that matter). Even if I tried, I imagine that…would not have gone so great, now that I think about it.

Anyway! Do be safe, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dare to dream,
Uzumaki Atagi

Knocker has written 327 posts
Letters to 'Kohime'Sept 22, 2023 1:34:24 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
To Uzumaki Atagi,

Greetings.

You can't imagine how delighted I am to hear that you've got your arms back. I'm so excited for you! I'm afraid I bothered the neighbors with my screaming when I read the wonderful news. 'Masahiko-san'? Sounds like a very interesting fellow. I would very much like to meet and discuss with this mysterious and intelligent stranger. He sounds hot in a dreamy way.

As for my ideals, I think they were a bit too naïve. I talked with a number of people since seeing you in the hospital, and I've arrived at a conclusion: I may not be able to change the world by being kind, but I will change what I can, and not give up while doing so. Every hardship is a lesson, and I will learn from it and just take the next step forward. Thank you for your encouragement. It really means a lot to me.

Regarding how I'm doing, I'm doing great. Quite busy too. But I guess that's a good thing. I'll try to rest, but there's a bit of stuff that needs doing every day, and I'm not going to relent. I heard there's a new exam on the horizon, so I'm gonna throw my back into training. I think it's going to be in Kaminari no Kuni. That would be an exciting place to visit. I hear it's got panoramic sceneries.

I will tell Miroru-chan that 'Pervert-kun' says hello, and appreciates her for the potpourri. I will not, however, serve as your tool to work your intended designs on her. You can do that yourself when next you see her, but don't come to me if you need healing afterwards. Also, you should stop being so lewd. Saying such dastardly things is a big enough crime, but writing them leaves tangible evidence of your guilt. "Terribly curious about every millimeter" of me... do you know how lecherous that sounds? I swear, I can't take you anywhere.

Try to behave yourself, and eat well, and take good care of yourself. Hopefully we'll see each other soon.

Dare to take a step forward,

Kayahara Urikohime.

P.S: Wait! What's that about you thinking of becoming a father?! There's a lot of responsibility involved. I'm not saying you won't do a good job, but how are you going to do it? Are you going to adopt a kid? Or are you planning on doing the more traditional... never mind. I mean, a child is a huge responsibility.

last edit by Kayahara Urikohime on Sept 22, 2023 1:36:09 GMT -5
Ronin has written 328 posts