lemme put you on [rikuto]

compose a reply
lemme put you on [rikuto]Sept 19, 2023 18:42:14 GMT -5
juryoku yusei
Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.
juryoku yusei Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday february 26 rank chuunin occupation operations team/gate guard

The fields rolled on, with a stream at the edge. The hill gently sloped down, and the water's scent pushed up due to the sun and the humidity. Yusei stood there in his navy-blue jumpsuit, Kusakagure headband tied around his neck like a bandanna. While he had a flak jacket, it was wide open to show off a star pendant.

A young man stood before him, having approached him in the field. Yusei blinked, and clenched a fist over his mouth. He failed to suppress a yawn, but didn't want to look rude.

"...I don't think I've seen you around. I'm Jūryoku Yusei. And you are?"

He said, dead-eyed. He sounded like he was half asleep, morning murmur almost swallowed by the breeze and the grass. His eyes were ringed from a lack of sleep, but a weak grin was on his face.

By the look of Rikuto, he couldn't have been older than 15. Acting under that assumption, Yusei opted to pry a little. He raised a brow, and stuck his hands in his pockets. He wanted to be more enthusiastic, but his sleep schedule was all over the place.

"...Did you need something? I'm all ears."

last edit by juryoku yusei on Oct 25, 2023 1:58:59 GMT -5
vapes has written 79 posts
lemme put you on [rikuto]Oct 24, 2023 10:12:22 GMT -5
Gurē Rikuto
"Who needs to make physical contact?"
Gurē Rikuto Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age birthday May 18th rank Adv Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ebelieveBG"]
[attr="class","ebelieveHead"]

[attr="class","ebelieveIcon"]

[attr="class","ebelieveBody"]

He hated to admit it, especially since he preferred to do things alone, but he needed help. With the upcoming chunin exams, which if he passed could lead to better-paying missions for him, he needed to be prepared and one of the things he was missing was a jutsu genin normally around him had mastered already. This was normally due to them having a teacher or sensei of some sort, but with Rikuto and his loner ways, he avoided those who could teach him. It was becoming too close to comfort for the exams and he needed to find a mentor sooner rather than later. [break][break]

So that's why he was here, standing menacingly with his tinted skin dyed dark brown to hide his normal vanta appearance from the world, coming to the attention of a white-haired male whom Rikuto had no previous contact with. This meant if he made a fool out of himself he might not have to worry about it coming back to him that easily. "Riku," he would say only giving part of his name out to the stranger as it was best for him to keep his full identity concealed in his mind. "Help," he would add speaking only in disgruntled words as he fought his instinct of not asking for help. He would point out the water of the stream hoping the silent clues would get the other boy to understand his words.

[attr="class","ebelieveButton"] // keep notes short

ulla

[newclass=.ebelieveBG]background-color:#000;width:400px;padding-bottom:20px;border-radius:10px;box-shadow:#4d4d4d 4px 4px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveHead]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/mDDC5R4/zjKzI7c.png);background-position:center center;border-radius:10px 10px 0 0;height:175px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 75%);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 75%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveIcon]-webkit-transform:rotate(-39deg);float:left;margin-top:-70px;margin-left:50px;border:#000 5px solid;background-color:#000;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveIcon IMG]width:65px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveBody]padding:20px 40px;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;color:#fff;line-height:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveBody b]color:#476E6D;font-family:varela round;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveBody i]color:#fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveButton]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/mDDC5R4/zjKzI7c.png);background-position:center center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(60%);height:40px;width:80%;border-radius:80px;box-shadow:#4d4d4d 1px 1px 3px;color:#000;line-height:40px;font-family:trebuchet ms;font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveButton a]color:#000!important;font-weight:400!important;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Varela Round]
Elumenate has written 29 posts
lemme put you on [rikuto]Oct 25, 2023 1:53:07 GMT -5
juryoku yusei
Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.
juryoku yusei Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday february 26 rank chuunin occupation operations team/gate guard

Yusei was on a real streak with this sort of thing. He'd tutored Shosuke and Atagi in taijutsu. Frankly, the task of teaching him how to walk on water was easy enough. Yusei nodded, pointing a finger at the stream. He looked to Rikuto, making sure the two of them pointed at the same thing.

"...Okay, Riku."

He said, letting out a yawn. Yusei gestured for him to follow, stepping close to the edge of the stream. He put his hands in his pockets, glancing down at his reflection. Rikuto was quite the character. Yusei was struggling to put two and two together, here. But he had to try, he had to meet him halfway.

What on earth did he want out of the stream? Yusei wasn't equipped to teach Suiton. Matter of fact, he leaned a lot on his kekkei genkai, only learning other jutsu to patch up weaknesses of his. Yusei looked back to him, folding his arms over his chest.

"...Are you learning Suiton? There's better teachers for that than me. Or is it... water walking. That didn't come up often in my career, but it was good that I had it."

last edit by juryoku yusei on Oct 25, 2023 2:00:39 GMT -5
lemme put you on [rikuto]Oct 31, 2023 18:04:22 GMT -5
Gurē Rikuto
Gurē Rikuto Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
[nospaces]

He was grateful that his small words were being understood, but honestly, Rikuto was having difficulties speaking himself. He knew he needed to articulate his wants and needs even more so for someone who could teach him a technique he needed to learn before the exams. He just didn't want to accidently reveal himself to a stranger much less anyone in general. Yet now that he was close to the stream and he looked at the reflection of himself in the water he felt unsure if this was the right way to do things. What was the point of concealing himself for so long? It's not like people wouldn't know what he looks like once his jutsu was down or once he was out of chakra. Still, he would leave it up for now.[break][break]

When Yusei asked for specifics on what help Rikuto needed for training he sighed audibly. Clearing his throat he would try and speak more clearly, "I need to learn water walking." A much more clear and full sentence than what he said earlier which was a way to show he was willing to open up to the other boy so long as he was given time, but even still it wasn't that much information to go off of. Looking back and forth between Yusei and the water he would also add, "Ned for exams." He would lower his head slightly in shame since asking for help was a major blow to his pride as a shinobi or at least in his mind it was.

ulla

[newclass=.ebelieveBG]background-color:#000;width:400px;padding-bottom:20px;border-radius:10px;box-shadow:#4d4d4d 4px 4px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveHead]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/mDDC5R4/zjKzI7c.png);background-position:center center;border-radius:10px 10px 0 0;height:175px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 75%);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 75%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveIcon]-webkit-transform:rotate(-39deg);float:left;margin-top:-70px;margin-left:50px;border:#000 5px solid;background-color:#000;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveBody]padding:20px 40px;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;color:#fff;line-height:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveButton]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/mDDC5R4/zjKzI7c.png);background-position:center center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(60%);height:40px;width:80%;border-radius:80px;box-shadow:#4d4d4d 1px 1px 3px;color:#000;line-height:40px;font-family:trebuchet ms;font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ebelieveButton a]color:#000!important;font-weight:400!important;[/newclass]

lemme put you on [rikuto]Nov 1, 2023 0:39:29 GMT -5
juryoku yusei
juryoku yusei Avatar
groupnull

Rikuto made it clear that he wanted help with Water Walking. He then sighed. Yusei smiled. He wasn't sure how old he was, but he'll be damned if little man wasn't just like him. Yusei stepped towards the stream, expecting him to follow.

It was second nature to him at this point, but Yusei assumed that Dragon seal just to gather chakra. To flex that "muscle" in him. While his chakra control was... subpar, Yusei could vent off enough excess to do what he needed, especially in broad daylight. He set a foot on the surface of the water.

"...I was never good at this sort of thing, but chakra control is important. This only expects a little out of you, but it's a constant stream, like a faucet being left on. Do what you gotta do to turn it on in the first place."

His foot sank into the water for a second. Yusei then pulled his foot up, and that off-white chakra 'vein' of his formed on his foot, like the blue pads others stood on water with. When he placed his foot back down, the water slowly displaced around his foot. He stood on it, slowly moving his other foot onto the surface of the water as if it were solid ground.

"...The stream only goes up to your knees, so take as many tries as you want."

lemme put you on [rikuto]Nov 18, 2023 20:45:13 GMT -5
Gurē Rikuto
Gurē Rikuto Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
[nospaces]

"Worrisome," Rikuto would mutter to himself when Yusei made mention of chakra control. It wasn't something of a strong suit for him and with the fact he constantly had a jutsu going on to begin with would it be detrimental to how he looked to people? Would he be able to keep both jutsu going on at the same time or will he simply just get exhausted a lot quicker than most? Well, he had deep chakra reserves so it shouldn't be that bad, but it still was worrisome. [break][break]

At least the water wasn't that deep so he wouldn't be in too much trouble of falling into the water, but still, his worries were a bit more apparent on his face than he would have liked. Still, he wasn't about to let himself be bested by some measly water. So he would create the hand sign as instructed by his impromptu teacher and he could feel the chakra building in his feet. Thinking he made the thin layer of chakra below his soles he began to take a step in the river and simply found himself slipping and falling in. "****," He would say annoyed at his incompetence as he would look at his teacher with a glare of annoyance.

ulla

lemme put you on [rikuto]Dec 5, 2023 5:00:57 GMT -5
juryoku yusei
juryoku yusei Avatar
groupnull

Rikuto sunk into the knee deep water, and looked to Yusei with annoyance. Yusei on the other hand responded with the same placid face he'd always held. He couldn't help but think back to being in that position, but was that something Rikuto needed to hear right now?

In either case, something occurred to him. Something that all of his own experience learning jutsu relied on. Yusei's eyes lit up, as he had an idea. He glanced aside for a moment, then addressed Rikuto.

"...That's fine. But I had an idea. It was like this with every new jutsu I learned, really. If you don't put enough in, it's not gonna work. But the only downside to using "too much" is it'll tire you out a little. What if you started by... wasting chakra, took a few minutes to rest, and tried again?"

His advice wasn't bulletproof, but Yusei kind of inferred that they had similar temperaments, and experiences training. The sun glanced off his off-white hair, as he folded his arms with his back to it. The light glanced off the water rippling around his feet, and Yusei's dull, grey eyes looked to Rikuto, seeing what he'd do next.

"So long as you understand what you're doing, and you want it badly enough... any jutsu is within your reach. Same goes for... anything, really."

lemme put you on [rikuto]Jan 23, 2024 18:41:30 GMT -5
Gurē Rikuto
Gurē Rikuto Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
[nospaces]

He didn't like this idea one bit. nevermind the fact he already probably embarrassed himself in front of this fellow shinobi, but they were asking him to use up his chakra. He couldn't do that! Well physically he could, but mentally he couldn't. Rikuto didn't want to risk showing off his rather odd complexion to someone new especially if there was the possibility of word to go around about it. Granted it probably was a secret as there were probably people who already knew about his oddity, but that didn't stop him from trying to hide it to the best of his abilities. [break][break]

"Yeah yeah I know," Rikuto would say in annoyance at Yusei's comment about how any jutsu was within his grasp if he wanted it bad enough. He had heard this speech before about hope and optimism and honestly, he was getting tired of it. Life was not all sunshine and rainbows and frankly, it was more rainclouds and thunder often knocking those who were different or viewed differently as outcasts and outsiders. He had faced this firsthand from growing up in the orphanage and despite people's words, he could never see the light at the end of the metaphorical tunnel. Still, if it meant more jobs and more money to get him a better home he wasn't about to just give up on the world as it gave up on him. So he would get back up and return to shore and try again. Stepping into the water he found himself once again not accomplishing his goal and simply sinking this time. Progress to some extent at least he didn't slip and fall this time.

ulla