Throw Wide The Gates

compose a reply
Throw Wide The GatesSept 20, 2023 18:04:30 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 220 | notes
Miroru took her time to get everything just right.

Itsuki was on his way to meet her at one of the many little shrines to the forest's kitsune around Konoha, and Miroru had gone to the trouble to snag her miko outfit and dress the part today. She had some incense burning in a little dish, and had drawn water from one of the nearby brooks to fill a basin for ceremonial washing as well. It was a lot of preparation, but she thought maybe The Old Fox would appreciate it.

Was any of it necessary? Absolutely not. The shrines weren't to the fox, himself, after all, nor had he insisted or even requested such steps be taken, but... to Miroru, her duties to him were more like that of a Miko caring for an important shrine than that of a jailer. She wanted to find ways to show her respect and appreciation for him, even despite her duty to keep him sealed within her. And this felt like the most sincere way she could say to him that she was taking it all seriously and doing her best.

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Throw Wide The GatesSept 21, 2023 8:55:28 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Chuunin occupation Barrier Corps

Yamanaka Itsuki

Itsuki had taken particular care today in getting ready, and as he made his way to the little shrine he had been asked to come to, he made sure to straighten his clothes one last time, wondering if he had over done it. Miroru hadn't asked him to dress formally, but something told him he should, and thus he had gone all out in his attire.

Walking slowly towards the shrine, he paused at the simple torii gate and bowed in the direction of the shrine before continuing forward to where his friend was standing in her cute miko outfit. He carefully cleansed himself using the water that she had prepared, each movement as careful and elegant as he could make it, his Obaa-sama would have his hide if he did such a thing poorly after all. 

Once done, he reached out to drop some money in the offering box, bowed towards the shrine once, twice, clapped twice, and bowed once more, offering his respects to the kami of this particular shrine as was appropriate. While this may not be the intention of their visit today, it did him no good to mistreat the shrine itself. Heck, they did the same at their own abandoned shrine (sans the money, since they just actively spent it to keep the shrine in decent condition anyway).

It was at this point he paused, turning to Miroru with a questioning look on his face. He didn't want to speak yet, just in case there was further rituals she wanted to go through, she was the Miko after all.

Word Count: 264
Tags: N/A
Training Count: 1/8
Eleri has written 409 posts
Throw Wide The GatesSept 21, 2023 9:42:39 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | ### | notes
Miroru beamed when Itsuki arrived, but held her comments until she, too, had cleansed herself. Once she had, she said a brief prayer thanking the spirit of the shrine for letting them perform their little rituals there, and added a bright, shiny 5 yen coin to the donation box as well.

Once she closed out her prayer, she turned to Itsuki, chewing her lip a little. "Thanks for being here for me. I know you're proooobably not exactly hyped about checking in on my roommate, but he's been... less awful, lately..? A bit? He calls me "child" now, which is an improvement..! So maybe you won't end up bleeding today..!"

She sounded hopeful, but nervous as well, which was understandable. While she lived with the Old Fox every day, she didn't find herself standing before it often at all. And as for Itsuki... it'd be even more understandable if he was anxious about the whole thing himself.

The redhead moved to take a seat before and to the side of the little housed statue representing the shrine's occupant, facing a spot where Itsuki could sit to mirror her. "I'm, um... ready when you are."

MISSIONS
Throw Wide The GatesSept 21, 2023 10:38:23 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Itsuki sighed slightly, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "I'm always gonna be there for you..." he mumbled, "even if we have to face big scary foxes that make my eyes bleed. I'm not sure how much help I can be, but you know I always will... unless you're bein' stupid, then I'll try and knock some sense into you... and help out if I can't do that I guess" he shrugged and followed the redhead to the spot they were going to work on this thing together.

Kneeling down in seiza, Itsuki prepared himself slightly, gathering what fortitude he had and ignoring the feeling in his chest that said he should be running far, far away. Sure, even his sensory skill had told him being near Miroru was dangerous after she got her 'roommate' but he was able to ignore that for his bestest friend. It wasn't going to stop him now either, even as it toyed with his worry and tried to turn it into true fear.

Forming the seal for Shintenshin no Jutsu, Itsuki prepared himself for what was to come, because he knew now that it'd pull him into her mindspace instead of letting him take control as he normally could... perhaps he needed to pick up the clan mind-reading technique instead, that might make it easier to do this and maybe he wouldn't bleed from his every facial orifice when trying?

Or maybe... 

And his thoughts were forced to end as he activated the jutsu before he could chicken out, his body folded limply forward as his mind projected itself directly into the skull of his friend, and more specifically into the home of the most powerful bijuu known to man.

The things you did for love friendship.

Word Count: 294
Training Count: 2/8

Throw Wide The GatesSept 22, 2023 0:44:45 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 271 | notes
"I know you will." Softly spoken, but sure nonetheless. Miroru smiled quietly. Itsuki's support meant the world to her, as it always did. "And I've got your back, whatever that might mean." She nodded, firmly, assured.

With both of them seated, she watched him and gave him time to settle his body and mind, knowing no good would come from rushing any of this. She couldn't feel the way the Fox was likely toying with Itsuki's emotions in an attempt to twist and toxify them- but even if she had, she'd have hoped he'd know bett-

The world dissolved, and left them both on that grassy slope. Around them, the forest hedging in the clearing and the temple descended to the water, the woods so dense and thick as to form a living wall all their own. The temple here was more developed now. Not much, but it was clear Miroru was making the space her own bit by bit. A basin with water before the torii leading onto the pier. A little box for donations across from it.

And five little shrines with lit candles before their fox denizens. The six and seventh were wisping with smoke, as if recently lit and snuffed, or perhaps trying to ignite. It wasn't clear.

What was clear was that Miroru was more comfortable here with Itsuki at her side, as she turned to him and smi-

"Oh, good. The termite. Lovely."

MISSIONS
Throw Wide The GatesSept 22, 2023 20:03:07 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

The mindscape was certainly different from the last time he was here, it was clear that Miroru had been working hard to build it up and take charge as the newest vessel of the Kyubi. Overall it was a peaceful looking place, and were it not for what it represented, he would have almost been relaxed to 'stand' here.

Alas, it wasn't exactly something he could ignore, considering the booming voice that echoed throughout Miroru's mental shrine, the pressure in his skull increasing dramatically with just those few words. Still, beyond a slight wince, he didn't allow himself to react to the voice of the Bijuu, the tugging of emotion that wasn't his own discarded with a greater ease than the last time he was here too, his skill with his clan's hijutsu having increased significantly.

Taking a deep (mental) breath, Itsuki looked to Miroru and gave her the most reassuring smile he could, but did not say a word, turning in the direction of the lake and bowing deeply towards where he believed the Kyubi lay. Really, the voice was much calmer than the last time, it didn't hurt quite as much right now, but he didn't want to aggravate the bijuu by ignoring its last instructions. He'd been told not to address it, nor did he want to speak without permission.

He wasn't going to risk what might happen were he to annoy it more than it already sounded, and so he didn't even raise from the bow, waiting to see how it would respond.

Word Count: 257
Training Count: 3/8

Throw Wide The GatesSept 22, 2023 21:38:24 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
"Ugh. Your obedience is somehow more annoying than your petulant drivel."

The words of the fox echoed, irritated, but less deeply soaked in malice than last time. The sound of one thoroughly annoyed at the presence of a person, but not one that found them completely anathema.

"SPEAK, boy, and watch your tongue. Your maliciously compliant memory is noted, but I'll not tolerate your insolence further than this."
Miroru covered her mouth briefly, and gestured for Itsuki to follow, taking him by the hand as she headed down to the shrine at the mouth of the pier, moving to clean her hands and mouth as she did.

"It's nice to see you, too, Old Fox. Thank you for your hospitality," she said after washing her mouth out, waiting for Itsuki to do the same.

"And how precisely would I deny you hospitality, sealed in this lakebed as I am? Would you think I would put out your silly little shrine candles, or upturn your donation box?"
A derisive sigh that shook the clearing.
"Your fancy outweighs your sense, child. Remember yourself. You represent us both, and I'll not be thought the captive of a fool."

MISSIONS
Throw Wide The GatesSept 23, 2023 5:24:41 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

"Hai, Kyuubi-sama" Itsuki replied, waiting a beat to see if he would need to flee before straightening up from his bow to look at Miroru, following her lead as she led him closer and closer to the seal at the heart of the mindscape.... a terrifying prospect for any Yamanaka really, to have their mind brought so close to the mightiest Bijuu. His heart was thudding heavily in his chest and it was only his devotion to Miroru that had him even consider being here.

That devotion also meant he wouldn't be leaving until he was dismissed, or had to flee to stay alive, because he wasn't going to abandon her to this.

Washing himself in the same ritual he had used for the shrine, Itsuki followed all the same procedures one would expect, before pausing at the donation box, not quite sure what exactly to do in that situation. This wasn't exactly the sort of situation one expected when using his clan's hijutsu after all.

He also couldn't really bring himself to speak further either, not sure what may or may not set the fox off. It wasn't like there was a guide for dealing with it, and so Itsuki was following the general rule of dealing with any Kami, be polite, don't act like an idiot, and don't assume you know what's best.

Easy, ne?

Word Count: 227
Training Count: 4/8

Throw Wide The GatesSept 24, 2023 0:41:52 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
"Grrf."
The Kyuubi made a low, chuffing growl, the lake's surface gaining a touch of turbulence as they proceeded out onto the pier.
"Why do you bring him here? He's dripping with fear. He knows every time he sets foot in here, he leaves intact by my allowance. What benefit to you that he comes? Or perhaps the more interesting question-"

The lake's coloration shifted drastically as a single eyelid opened beneath the waves to stare up at them, the ire-red iris glaring balefully upwards from below.

"-what makes the boy dare to risk himself again, without so much as a scrap of benefit apparent? Have you asked yourself that, child?"

Miroru huffed and moved to sit on the edge of the pier, feet dangling off the edge above the water. The waves weren't even high enough to touch her feet, and the sense of it was that it was safe.

For now.

"He's here because I asked him to come support me. He doesn't need to be able to shove you into a box to be here for me. We're friends. Supporting each other is a reward on its own."

She was quiet a moment.

"Haven't you had friends before?"

MISSIONS
Throw Wide The GatesSept 24, 2023 21:15:25 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

Getting no guidance on what to do regarding the donation box, Itsuki decided to do something bold and probably ill-advised, but then... coming into the mindspace of a Jinchuuriki was already bold and absolutely ill-advised. Toshizou-sama had been rather emphatic about that the last time it had happened. Using what he had been taught by his Obaa-sama and Tomomi-san, he formed a small coin within the mindspace. It wasn't really a coin, it was a trace of chakra and memory and emotion all sort of wound together.

A more experienced Yamanaka could leave things in people's mindspace without them ever being aware of it, but he didn't want that, he was leaving an offering after all, not hiding a devastating mental trap. The little 'coin' glimmered with the feelings of support, of belief, and a memory of sharing snacks together calmly... friendship. Before he could second guess himself, Itsuki tossed the coin into the box and completed the appropriate cermony for the shrine, his whole mental body on edge to see if his actions would rouse the kyubi to wrath.

Assuming that wasn't the case, he followed Miroru out onto the pier, dread growing immensely within him at ever step closer to the water. He wasn't going to let it stop him though, no matter how strong it felt, it wasn't.... it wasn't strong enough to make him step away from Miroru. 

Not even when the terrifyingly huge eye opened up beneath the water to stare at them.

He... probably wasn't going to get on a boat any time soon after this. Kami that was a terrifying thing to see. Yet... something felt off about the whole situation too, and while he stood behind Miroru with his hand coming to rest on her shoulder, he started mentally examining himself, trying to figure out what felt wrong.

Word Count: 306
Tags:
Training Count: 5/8
Throw Wide The GatesSept 26, 2023 0:10:14 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
The coin seemed an appropriate offering, and a degree- just a shade, a fraction- of the immense, repressive pressure around Itsuki sloughed off. Nearly imperceptible.

Nearly.

"And with whom, precisely, would I be "friends", child?? With my power-mad jailers? Perhaps the other insipid beasts?" The surface of the lake ripped with another earth-shaking chuff. "Hardly."

A long moment passed while Miroru stared down into the waters, unsatisfied. The moment stretched. Onwards. Further. Then- "... I've had two friends before. Kindred spirits. But I've had no chances to see them in... centuries, I believe. And what good are friends you never see?"

Miroru tilted her head back to look at Itsuki, lifting a hand to rest over the one on her shoulder. "I'd be happy I was friends with Itsuki even if we were separated. He does me good just because I can remember the times we shared. Remember that there's someone out there that's happy that we spent time together once upon a time. Even if we couldn't see each other for some reason." She's quiet a moment longer.

"I think your friends felt the same about you. Or maybe feel. If they're still around."

MISSIONS
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Sept 26, 2023 0:14:22 GMT -5
Throw Wide The GatesSept 26, 2023 22:49:54 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

As the pressure against him relaxed slightly, Itsuki continued to delve into the sensations that were wracking his mind, well, besides the pressure that slowly built within his head at least. He didn't quite register the words being spoken between girl and fox, at least not entirely, his other hand coming to wrap around Miroru as he hugged her from behind, taking some comfort from her close presence even as he stared out over the lake, gaze locked on to the partially visible figure of the Kyubi beneath the surface.

"There's friends we haven't seen in a while," he said out loud, tentatively, not quite addressing the fox and waiting to see if he'd be punished for intruding, "but we still care for them, and in the mean time we make new friends too..." he thought of the friends that had disappeared, of ones that drifted away, and then the feeling of meeting new people.

Although there was something weird when he began to get melancholy, a feeling that just didn't quite match, he'd been distracted from it before, but it once again demanded his attention. There was something wrong with his chakra, he could feel it. Barely, but he wasn't sure exactly what it was. It was just a bit easier to pick up on when he was so close to Miroru thanks to her comforting presence.

Word Count: 228
Tags:
Training Count: 6/8

Throw Wide The GatesSept 27, 2023 0:17:16 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 267 | notes
Itsuki's reinforced presence earned a subtle lean back into his arms. They might not be physically present against each other, but his existence still soothed the redheaded host of the Yamanaka and the Kitsune Bijuu.

"This "while" you speak of is mere instants to beings like myself and my contemporaries. Your lives as fleeting as the insects I use to name you. Knowing that you've had friends absent for "a while" when you haven't even three decades BETWEEN you means nothing to me, boy."

Miroru tilted her head slowly. "... but you have "a while" for yourself, too. You know what it is to have not seen a friend in "a while." Not so long as to be gone from memory. But long enough to be gone from -recent- memory. So you know what we mean."

A loooooooooooong pause. Then. A rumbling chuff.
"If I do know.

I'll not be admitting it."
That huge pupil staring at them from a sly, half-lidded eye. It wasn't saying they were right. But it was almost saying it. And that was something.

"Perhaps some day I will find one of you children worth befriending while you last. For now, I have little enough to worry myself about. The child is competent enough not to see me evicted any time soon, and ambitious enough to keep busy. I remain in solitude, but.

Mm.

I suppose...

I am not bored just yet."

MISSIONS
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Sept 27, 2023 0:19:18 GMT -5
Throw Wide The GatesSept 27, 2023 19:43:57 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yamanaka Itsuki

He didn't speak again, not straight away, Miroru managed to express what it was that he would have said just fine. Instead, Itsuki continued to poke around his chakra self, probing for what might be causing him to feel so odd about everything. The longer he stayed here in Miroru's mindscape, the more he was able to feel the strangeness pressing against him.

He was distracted a bit by the words of the Kyuubi, after all, if a Bijuu spoke to you it was better to listen than not in his mind, and a small smile spread across his face at the implied agreement there. Toshizou-sama had described the fox as nothing more than hate and rage, negative emotions and power wrapped up in one destructive form, but obviously that wasn't the case... wait...

With that recollection, Itsuki returned his attention to his mental self, poking and prodding at the barriers of his own mind. There, gnawing away at the edges or pressing down into his self (mental descriptions could be hard) was a chakra not his own, a chakra that if he focused hard enough could be compared to that of the fox. It wasn't the heat burning rage that he could usually feel, far more subtle than that.

Weird, and clearly not an actively intended ability, the Kyuubi didn't seem the sort to bother with that when it could do much worse.

"If I have anything to say about it, Mi-chi's going to be around a long time for you to decide whether to be friends with her Kyuubi-sama" he declared quietly, "since I'm sure she's already decided to be yours".

Word Count: 273
Tags:
Training Count: 7/8

last edit by Yamanaka Itsuki on Sept 27, 2023 19:44:14 GMT -5
Throw Wide The GatesSept 28, 2023 22:32:20 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 233 | notes
"Mrrgh. You do that, boy, and you might be the first outside bug I take a liking to. Just watch your mouth,"
the fox warned, again, his words rumbling the world they occupied. Only to growl a touch at his next comment.
"I am in no need of a bug to tell me what I already know. I occupy a place in her soul, termite. I need your revelations as much as I need a new nostril between my eyes."

A low rumble, and the eye closed.
"Enough. I bore of the boy. Take him from here and fetch him some tissues. Perhaps only his NOSE will bleed this time."

There was no force, no eviction. Just an edict to exit. A demand that they leave him be. About as polite as one could hope to get from a demon fox. Miroru, for her part, rose, and bowed twice before offering to help Itsuki up and wait for him to do the same, and start the walk back off the pier, ruminating quietly as they moved out, unsure what it'd take for Itsuki to see himself out and waiting to be sure he found his way out before she vacated, herself.

MISSIONS