Ammendment to Kage and Higher Positions Application Process

fallen blades
Ammendment to Kage and Higher Positions Application ProcessMar 21, 2015 18:28:59 GMT -5
Kazue Akemi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kazue Akemi Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Ok, I'm going to say this as nicely and politely and such as possible. I'm just tired of getting stuck in the middle of everything.

SO. This would be the second time at least since my joining the site I don't think quite a month ago yet that problems have arisen to those making higher ranked anything, whether it be a Lord/Lady, Kage, or some kind of position of power within the villages ICly. And, as I'm sure many of us are kind of getting tired of a repeating cycle, I would like to propose an idea that has proven to work on other sites I've been on for ANY IC position of power.

I am willing to take full responsibility of making this to keep the staff from having an extra workload since it is my idea I would like to bring to the site and essentially make everyone's lives easier.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

We need some sort of system to keep track of who is wanting to make an application for a high raked IC position, as well as be able to give them all the following information they need if their application is accepted to make said character or clan.

We need a special application, not like a character application, but a personal application much like that of a job, for high ranking positions. Something that will give the individual applying for this position access to things that will affect how they make their character/clan and give them an idea of how their character/clan will affect their village and allied/enemy villages. I know it sounds like a lot of work but hear me out.

If this is set up, and as I said I am more than willing to design it myself to keep the workload for staff minimal, then we will, in theory, have less issues with confusion about what history is there or isn't there and what is or isn't still applicable to said history or characters/clans. I can give you an example, but I wont bother making it all pretty and such right now. Of course, this would follow in accordance to the rules we already have set up including all limits on who can make what character etc.

Name: This would be the chat name we all know and love you by.
Position you are applying for: This should be obvious. Kage/Lord/Lady/Founding Clan/High Ranking Clan/Sage/etc. (I don't know all of what would apply here as of yet but I will)
How long you've been RPing for: On here or in general, whichever the staff thinks would be a better idea.
What characters you already have and where: Important because a person should only have so many high ranked/super important characters
Any ideas you have/want looked at so you can make this character: If Applicable.

That is a basic idea that would be expanded upon later should the staff like my idea. Which, I REALLY hope you do because I know many of us don't enjoy the confusion and the fighting that this could solve.

From here, we would need some sort of response from a staff member to approve their application to make whatever the individual is applying for. That will give said individual a "yes" or a "no" and they can proceed from there.

If they get a "no", what follows is obvious. They carry on with what they were doing before and try for something else later.

If they get a "yes" the individual would require the previous holders of their position's applications and any established anything (allies made or unmade, big history plots or holes, etc)(which I realize sounds like a large workload as well but along with the rest of this I can go out of my way and get all of this gathered and set up for use should this idea be taken on).

Within the thread these applications go would be where one could look for current positions that a person either has or is making, and less confusion and fights/arguments/disagreements will ensue. While it may sound like work now I can guarantee that, if we use this and get it set up, it will make everyone's lives and workloads easier.

Thank you for listening and I'm sorry if I may have offended anyone in here along the way unknowingly. I do honestly hope you seriously consider and even agree to this idea.
has written 17 posts
Ammendment to Kage and Higher Positions Application ProcessMar 21, 2015 20:48:44 GMT -5
Cendadia
Cendadia Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
This will be discussed among the staff.

Please bear in mind, we already have something similar in place. We ask for all higher positions to not only be reserved through the RP positions and the application to be looked by the Kage to make sure the character no only fits the village but would be hired into that position logically.
has written 176 posts
Ammendment to Kage and Higher Positions Application ProcessMar 21, 2015 22:05:20 GMT -5
Yoritomo
Yoritomo Avatar
groupFounder / Owner
age 32 years old birthday rank occupation
We've also recently put into place certain stipulations that core positions such as rulers must have actively rp'd with another character on the site for at least one month. That way we are not going through characters in these positions as often.
has written 845 posts