Breaking Dango

compose a reply
Breaking DangoMar 17, 2024 4:50:49 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
Nasty, hm~? Oh, if only the little ash-hair knew what you could really do with them~

Miroru grimaced faintly despite her effort to avoid reacting to the Old Fox's barbs, trying not to let him stoke her internal sense of arrogance. "That's okay. That's when it's a good time to call a stop to a sparring match. When there's nothing left to give each other." Miroru flashed a thumbs up and released her own jutsus, looping her hands behind her head after performing the appropriate seal to end the match. "Yeah... it is nice. And important. All things considered."

It wasn't like she could risk going off on Dare's betrothed. For more reasons than one. So being back on decent terms really was nice.

"The wedding..? Um... mm. I... dunno. I hadn't thought that far ahead..."

That was a good question, though. How WOULD she feel about showing up there..?

"I guess... it'd depend if you and Dare-kun wanted me there? I'd go to support you guys, I think."

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Breaking DangoMar 18, 2024 2:48:35 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7, -4 SD rank Chuunin occupation Kunoichi
It was wild to think about. How Miroru and her met again, patched things up, at least on a level where she could say they were friendlier. Where Shinde got to really test her skills and push herself a smidgen. However, it was there that she seemed so relaxed. "I don't know how you can perform so many jutsu like that without breaking a sweat..." She says, wiping her own brow. After all of those jutsu she launched, she felt fairly spent. Even with a large chakra reserve, she felt the ween of her reserves as she found herself looking at the soot, and ash, and her expended ninja equipment. It was going to need some cleaning up.

"Huh...I didn't think you'd know whom I was going to get married to...I didn't even know they were the set option." Shinde says with her eyes turning into swirls, her hair frizzing for a moment as she smooths it down with her hand. "Though...he seems polite. I don't know too much about him yet." Made sense. She was keeping her options open for suitors, and while a lot of the conservatives were iffy on that regard and their ilk, there were a few at least that seemed to take it into consideration. Even a few older gentlemen who found some prospect in marrying an heiress when she was young in the hopes she turned out to be a beauty a few years later.

"...I was wondering. I don't have that many friends or anything. So. I was wondering if you'd like to be my erh. Best girl? Ring bearer maybe. I'd ask Tokaku since we're sisters, but, I don't know. She doesn't quite feel...as "warm" if that makes sense for something like that? I'm still trying to figure out my relationship with her."
dandead10 has written 307 posts
Breaking DangoMar 18, 2024 3:10:17 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"Eheheh... well, you gotta remember, I've got a lot more field experience under my belt. I've pushed my limits further- you'll experience the same when you rank up and get more fieldwork. Plus, we used about the same amount of chakra- I used one more technique of like. Middling drain? After you add it all up." Miroru did pause to think a little. When had she last felt like she was actually reaching the edge of the chakra available to her?

Even a little bit?

"Oh. Well, maybe it's not a set decision yet? I know Dare volunteered, I just figured it was a set thing by now. I'm not really privy to the intimate details, y'know. Just sorta making guesses based on what I've heard." Gods, this topic ached. Couldn't they talk about anything else?

Probably not. It was a huge thing looming in Shinde's future. Who'd she have to discuss it with? Tokaku?

"He's... very polite, until he thinks he's got reason not to be. I think he'd make a very capable husband."

And then that question. Stand at the altar with them? Watch Dare give himself away to Shinde? She tried to latch onto the latter comments to evade an immediate answer. "Oh, yeah, she, uh... she's not great at expressing positive emotions. She's had lots of reasons to stew in negative ones, so those surface foremost. It doesn't mean she doesn't appreciate or care for you, but- I get how that leaves her coming off as stoic at best."

Breaking DangoMar 24, 2024 15:18:30 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Shinde of course was generally oblivious to the general affections of Daredemo and Miroru. Relationships in general were still a strange thing for Shinde in general. The last time she confessed, at least, what she thought was feelings, it lead to a bit a breakdown of relations. So she focused on her career. Listening to Miroru speak though, she could generally tell there was a sense of awkwardness between them maybe and this topic of discussion. Something she picked up on, but didn't want to delve too much into in case she was stepping on egg shells and what not. Instead, she listened about Tokaku.

"We were never as close as I imagined actual sisters to be, because she's a bit cold. Takes things too seriously and to the extremes." She says, before putting her arms up around and the back of her head. That said, when she imagined the Uchiha stereotype of being cold, brooding, and that whole curse of hatred thing? She didn't think she'd be entirely surprised if that was Tokaku. They didn't live together anymore, and while Shinde visited from time to time, they lived a different path. A different destiny. Looking towards Miroru, deeper in the eyes, she tries to be somewhat transparent there.

"Do you have an issue with me marrying into your clan at all?" She wanted to maybe clear some things up. So they could but the awkwardness of that behind them. To be more clear on their feelings as friends. "Or maybe with whom? Because if so. You don't need to be afraid about anything bad happening. It's all a political thing. To bring our people closer. One way or another. And I don't look to give whomever I marry a hard time at all. Whatever the case."
last edit by Hatake Shinde on Mar 24, 2024 15:19:17 GMT -5
Breaking DangoMar 25, 2024 3:29:08 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"Yeah, I mean... I don't have siblings, so I can't really say what sisters are supposed to be like, but. She's definitely never really made me feel very close to her. She's competent, and does what's asked of her, but... I dunno."

Miroru dropped to sit on her heels, squatting and poking at the dirt between her feet. "We've never like... shared a good laugh, or commisserated about something important, or..." She went quiet.

"A lot of times it all feels like... a means to an end. Like... being around me isn't a desirable thing on its own, just... whatever that might get her is the important thing. Knowledge. Training. You know?"

She stood, patted off her butt. "I could be imagining things. I wonder what'd be worse. Her really being that cold, or... her really being that transactional." She glanced to Shinde. "Do you think there's a difference? ... if there is, does it matter?"

The question pulled her back to the moment. "Eh? Oh, no, that's fine. What, am I gonna whine that there's an Uchiha somewhere with white hair and a glowy sword? Pfft. No, you're fine. I get what's going on." With whom, though. That was a little different, and Miroru was a bit too honest to make eye contact while she replied. "Oh. That's... not something I get a say in, y'know? A-and I shouldn't! It's not my engagement we're discussing. As long as you're okay with it, who cares what I think? I'm like one demotion away from sitting at the kid's table during clan meetings."

Breaking DangoMar 29, 2024 6:35:16 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Those were some interesting terms. However, she couldn't say that she really disagreed with any of the words that were said. More or less, she was hitting every analyzation on the head as a hammer hits a nail. Taking the liberty to crouch down with Miroru and look at the dirt she prodded at, she slowly looks towards Miroru, uncertain on how to feel about it. For a girl without the Sharingan, she sure seemed to be pretty perceptive about that sort of thing. Huh? "No. I think you're largely right. All these years, I could say I hardly know a thing about Tokaku, and since they had a falling out with our father. She'd walked out."

"I...don't think it matters. Tokaku just struggles to bond with people, and that's okay. It happens. People are like that, for some reason or another." Taking the liberty to hear Miroru speak a bit more, Shinde slowly rises to be on her equal footing, before looking her deeply in the eyes. "I know you don't need to have a say in it, but I'm fine and open to hearing your honesty. I expect it even, if I'm supposed to be family. To have people I can say I love and count on, I need to know how they really feel about me. What they think really." Running her hands along her back, she finds herself thinking a little bit more deeply on the matter.

"It isn't as if I'm being married by someone who loves me anyways. So. I don't mind talking about it more. Heh...Not like anybody's ever going to love me in that way."
last edit by Hatake Shinde on Mar 30, 2024 2:53:35 GMT -5
Breaking DangoMar 30, 2024 0:22:08 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes

"I guess it depends mostly on where the struggle is. Could she do it if she wanted? Does she just not want those connections? Or does she want them and fail at building them?" Miroru wondered aloud.

She glanced back at Shinde at the comments that followed, biting her lip quietly. "I... sorry. I've had to get a lot more used to keeping what I think close to my chest. There's things I can't talk about. Clan stuff. Village stuff. Personal stuff. Makes me wish it was all still just schoolyard secrets. Like who sneaks sips of sake when their parents are on missions, or who's hoping nobody saw them hold hands behind the playground."

Shinde's final comments drew Miroru's face into a scrunch, and her hand lifted, middle finger tucked behind her thumb, as she reached for Shinde's forehead and-

F L I C K

"Who taught you to talk like that? You barely need toes to count how old you are. What the heck makes you think you can predict your love life with that kinda certainty already???" Miroru pauses, then leans in to whisper dramatically. "Or do, like.  Hatake girls have fangs down there or something? Is that how you know? Is THAT why Tokaku is always grumpy?"

Absolutely ridiculous, of course, almost tailor-designed to spur Shinde to slap at her humorously and break the tense reality of that last comment.