That's A Paddlin' [Training]

compose a reply
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 21, 2023 1:59:35 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
Uriko looked absolutely confused, as Miroru began saying things about pins and punching balls down lanes and some very violent sounding stuff. Just what the redhead girl got to engage herself in during her spare time, Uriko was sure she never would know. Of course, the idea that Miroru had misunderstood the word 'hyperbole' (which wasn't really her fault; '-bole' and 'bowl' were pronounced the same after all) somehow managed to escape Uriko's notice.

"Um... yeah, it does sound like fun, with the extra pins. And the balls. And stuff...." Unfortunately, Uriko could not determine how being violent to balls in the presence of pins had anything to do with her eating habits. So she carefully skirted the subject and went on to more pressing matters.

Her incredible chakra control allowed her to perform the Smash Clone technique, earning her praise from Miniroru. Of course, with Uriko maintaining concentration and the seal required for the technique, it was Chibiriko who answered. "Aww, you flatter me," the tiny clone replied with a curtsy. "In any case, on the matter of going all out, I think we can start without using whatever country-destroying techniques you have, and then scale things up if I don't pass out on the first hit. But I don't want to be tickled either. Let's start with the Raiton technique."

Ronin has written 328 posts
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 25, 2023 23:19:25 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
Trust Miroru to latch onto the more literal interpretations of complex words she didn't know. She was clever, but there were major gaps in her education when it came to higher arts, and as loquacious as she was, being truly verbose wasn't really something she was capable of doing. "Maybe I should invent it. Shinobi hyperbole! Free strike if you can beat the ball to the pins!" Miroru chirped playfully, before moving on to a more important subject.

The miniaturized redhead nodded friendly-like, rubbing her hands together. "Okay. Then we'll start with Tanraku. Short Circuit, it's called. It stings bad, but it's half paralysis though, which is more dangerous in real life, but hurts less, and the hurt's the only bit that's real, when we're like this, so it's a good place to start. Are you ready?"

She waited for Chibiriko's response before rubbing her palms together as if generating static between them. By the time she parted them, a tiny crackle was visible in the space to either side as she slapped her hands in onto Uriko's shoulders- and let the jutsu fly.

NAME: Raiton: Tanraku [Lightning Release: Short Circuit]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Raiton
DESCRIPTION:
The user will charge Raiton chakra in both of their palms, letting it buildup until electricity is visibly arcing between the users hands. Anything in the middle of the current will be electrocuted and suffer electrical burns. The victim will then be paralyzed as well as suffering from intense, agonizing pain.

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 14c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 27, 2023 1:03:26 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko had absolutely no idea what Miroru had in mind with the Shinobi Hyperbole, but she suspected that asking further questions in order to clarify things would only leave her all the more confused. If only Uriko knew what bowling was. Still, discussing about strange games did not seem like the best way to improve her ability to resist pain, so the matter would be left for another time... if ever it got raised at all again.

The first torture device Uriko was to be put through was called 'Tanraku'. Uriko wasn't sure she had encountered the technique before; heck, she didn't think she had ever been in a serious fight with anyone who used Raiton till date. Miniroru did not give the exact details of how the technique worked, only the effects. At the question on whether the green haired Genin was ready, Chibiriko nodded resolutely.

"So far, it sounds like the things I have to deal with are just numbness and a bit of pain. That doesn't sound so bad, so let's go!" Miniroru rubbed her hands together, pulling them apart to reveal a tiny crackle of electric chakra between them, only moments before her hands landed on Uriko's shoulders, transferring current through her body. There was a very ardent scream that followed, though Chibiriko's tiny size meant that people would not come running to see who it was that was being murdered. Somehow, Uriko herself managed to keep the seal to maintain the Smash Clone active, but there was no copping out of this one by using Inyo Shometsu, like she had done during her training with Senju Miho.

Chibiriko had managed to survive the Tanraku, but her hair, which normally fought with gravity, had even more reason to defy it now, looking all puffed out and wild. "Was that it?" Chibiriko asked, trying to sound tough.

That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 29, 2023 0:09:33 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"Well... yeah," Miroru admitted, glancing aside in her knowledge of the depths to which that "numbness and pain" went. But that was, literally, the whole point of all this, and she took a deep breath, and went through with it, chewing her lower lip nervously as Chibiriko recovered as best she could, hair puffed wildly out in all directions, laughing in clear relief when she managed to joke about it after.

"Y-yep! That's all for that one! I've got a couple more, though, and I'm not sure where the limit is, so- it might hit here, or after this one. I don't have to touch you on this one. I just kinda gotta be nearby. So lemme know when you're ready and we'll boot it up one more notch. This other one might be better, honestly, for doing sustained pain tolerance exercises. So if this one doesn't break the technique- we'll work with it, okay?"

She gave Chibiriko a few moments to collect herself and announce go time for the next tech, and only once she got it, began. A quick couple hand seals, and then-

Raiton erupted outwards from Miniroru in a storm, completely engulfing the small space immediately around the miniaturized fighters- and drowning Uriko in the sensations of, somehow, an even more intense Raiton electrocution!

NAME: Chidori Nagashi [One Thousand Bird Current]
CHAKRA USAGE: High [Medium Upkeep]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Raiton
HANDSEALS: Serpent → Boar → Bird
TRIGGER: N/A
PREREQUISITES: Chidori
DESCRIPTION:
By releasing the Chidori in every direction, an electrical discharge flows from the user's entire body allowing him to affect multiple enemies. The current can effectively reach around 5 meters in every direction around the user. When using this attack on a great number of enemies at once, it can effectively double as an instant defence. The body of the person touched by the Chidori will misinterpret the lightning nature as "electrical signals from the nerves", making its muscles contract. This causes the body to involuntarily go stiff, while at the same time receives damage. This attack can also be channelled through the ground (or another medium such as a wall or water) to increase the range of the attack, bringing it a 15 meter range, although halving the stun duration. Should anyone be struck by the jutsu they will be immobilized for 3 rounds. Along with the stun the bolts also cause considerable damage to the victim, random muscle spasms and blurred vision along with the original searing pain.

D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 29, 2023 1:19:13 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
For all her bluster, Uriko was secretly pleased that Miroru had not said they should have a go at the Tanraku again. Still, she was fine, for the most part, and there seemed to be no lingering damage. Her head did feel somewhat light, though, and it took a moment for Uriko to take note, with a great deal of displeasure, of her sticking-out hair. She made a frustrated sound, as she investigated the 'damage' done to her hair with one hand. "For the love of all things just and good! Raiton is officially now my least favorite element."

Miroru opted to use a different technique to test Uriko's pain management threshold, and the green haired kunoichi shrugged, more interested in the state of her hair than in the new technique which was going to be used. Still, she was paying sufficient attention. It seemed like it would be a ranged technique, from what she had heard. Uriko nodded as Miroru finished her explanation, nodding with a sullen look on her face. "Okay," she echoed, getting herself into a ready position, but quickly taking a moment to fuss with her hair, just before Miroru unleashed the next technique.

Chibiriko released a strangled scream, just before vanishing in a puff of smoke, and the scream was finished by Uriko. She was quick to quiet herself down, though, and shook her head to try to get rid of the unpleasant after-sensation of the pain. "What was that?!" she asked as much to herself as to Miroru. But resolve settled on her face, she performed the necessary handseals, and Chibiriko was back. "Let's try that again!"

That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 31, 2023 18:17:48 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 239 | notes
Miniroru ambled over and tried to help smooth down Chibiriko's hair, giggling harder by the moment. "Oh, I can't imagine why. Look at this... perm! Instantly achieved! The fashion of the age, it is!" She snickered, finally offering a simple, "Sorry! At least it's not the REAL hairdo ruined!"

Miniroru winced at the sight of Chibiriko poofing and the full-sized version letting out that strangled shriek. "... too much?" She guessed, but in a moment, Chibiriko returned and asked to go again. "Are... you sure? That seemed like it might be a bit much to handle. I can totally go ahead and do it again, I'm just a bit worried it- oh. Right! We're trying to develop pain tolerance! Sorry, I got super caught up in worrying about hurting you, but I guess that's kind of the point... okay. When you're ready, we'll go again. Just lemme know!"

Sure enough, once Uriko confirmed she was ready for another round of shock therapy, Miroru whipped through the handseals again, and once more the paralyzing agony of Chidori Current swallowed her entirely, filling every synthesized nerve with the sensation of electrocution, sure to leave her twitching on the floor for a few moments if her clone even survived!

That's A Paddlin' [Training]Nov 2, 2023 23:07:21 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Even though Uriko was a little bit prickly about her hair, she had the quality of being able to laugh at herself, and she could also perceive that Miroru's amusement at her hair was not malicious, so she did not get offended. It was a bit mollifying to realize, as Miroru pointed out, that it was only the clone that had had her hair messed up. The real Uriko still had her hair intact.

Miroru was concerned about the strength of her technique, though she was quick to remember that the whole point of this training was an attempt to improve Uriko's resistance to pain. "Don't worry about me, Miroru-chan," Uriko answered, sounding rather confident, when in truth, she was a bit frightened. If this was how much pain she had felt experiencing a technique through a medium designed to not cause as much pain as was normally expected, how would she fare against the real deal? "I'm ready for Round 2!"

The tiny Miroru clone unleashed her electric current once more, and Uriko didn't know whether it was due to her muscles locking due to paralysis, or something else, but she maintained the seal... only to find herself on her back, staring up at the sky. How embarrassing; she had temporarily passed out from the pain. At least she hadn't screamed. Fueled by a stubbornness borne of a desire to prove herself, Uriko moved her hands, trying to struggle through her impaired ability to move, to form the handseals for the Smash Clone again.

That's A Paddlin' [Training]Nov 5, 2023 14:48:11 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 215 | notes
By the time Uriko woke up, Miroru was leaning over her looking worried, and when she tried to reform the handseals, Miroru's own hands closed over hers to stop her. "Hey, um. Let's- take a break. I think we're making progress, but we gotta take our time."

The redhead helped her friend sit up, rubbing her back a little bit. "So, I think this is going well. It's the jutsu that's kicking in, not you losing control, and that's a big deal. Plus you're throwing yourself back in to try again repeatedly, so again, that's a good sign you're improving that pain tolerance. It's mental, anyway. It's not like the pain actually lessens, we just get better at working through it the more we're exposed. How do you feel right now? Any pain still lingering after all that?" She was clearly doing her best to take Uriko's well being into consideration front and center, and checking in on her- since there was no actual way for her to measure harm without any physical signs, after all- was not just important, but necessary.

That's A Paddlin' [Training]Nov 5, 2023 20:48:52 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko was mildly surprised when Miroru clasped her hands, preventing her from continuing with the handseals. Now wasn't the time to stop. Uriko had to be certain that she had improved. And she would only be certain when she noticed that her battle efficiency was unhindered by the presence of pain. "But I--" she began to protest, before she stopped herself. She likely was trying too hard at this point. There was nothing wrong with being diligent or motivated, but often, pushing oneself past one's limits tended to break one, instead of causing improvement. The green haired Genin sighed, but then smiled as Miroru helped her to a sitting position.

She listened to the redhead's encouraging words, and flexed her shoulders when asked if she was feeling any pain. "I think I'm fine, so far, and there isn't really any present sensation of pain" Uriko replied, "though I feel like my joints are made of wood. And I'm tingling all over, especially in my fingers and toes. But I'd like to think that's just the after-effects of your Raiton technique, and not some indication of irreparable nerve damage." Okay, she was just kidding there.

Uriko managed to rise to her feet, although there was some transient, visible wobbling of her knees. Still, she managed to keep herself standing. "I suspect this means that the lesson's over, then," she stated, "but I'm very grateful you took your time out here to help me with this. You're the best, Miroru-chan!"