That's A Paddlin' [Training]

compose a reply
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Sept 22, 2023 0:55:15 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 222 | notes
Miroru had sent a letter via clone a la transformation Bird to Uriko to tell her when to meet her to train today. It was a good bit before lunch, which meant they could grab food together and relax once they'd done some training, but first, she wanted to get in some work to help Uriko prepare for the next Chuunin exams. 

She'd mentioned an interest in developing her toughness and durability, which was an interesting idea. Miroru had considered that for a while, and really, she hadn't been too far off talking about using pain to improve her ability to resist it.

So Miroru hauled her gunbai to one of the larger training fields, intent on holding a layered training for her friend. Was she aware how nervous Uriko might become upon arriving and seeing the petite redhead armed with what could be interpreted to be a gigantic spanking paddle?

Absolutely.

Did that deter her in the slightest?

Absolutely not. She stood with her fan and waited patiently, eager to see the look of likely shock on Uriko's face as she made the connection and drew the worst conclusions possible!

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Sept 22, 2023 20:08:33 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
Uogokoro areba mizugokoro.
Kayahara Urikohime Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday February 15 rank Genin occupation Medic Ninja
Uriko had been overjoyed to receive a letter from Miroru, setting a time for training. The bird that had delivered the letter was a bit strange, being not exactly any sort of avian Uriko had seen before. But that was fine. It delivered its message just fine, clone or no (a characteristic the green haired kunoichi was oblivious of), and Uriko had quickly prepared herself before leaving home and finding the designated training ground.

With announcements of an upcoming Chuunin Exam, Uriko was eager to train as hard as she could and hopefully distinguish herself in the exams this time. She did remember that Tomomi had informed her that they had failed the Chuunin Exam twice, before being able to advance to Chuunin. Not something the kunoichi wanted to experience. Still, whatever challenges came, she would face them. She was allowed to be afraid. She just wasn't allowed to let fear prevent her from doing what needed to be done.

Uriko arrived at the training field, the excitement evident in both her voice and expression. "Ohayo gozaimasu, Miroru-chan!" she announced brightly. "It's a good day for--" Her eagerness changed to alarm as she noticed what the Chuunin was carrying. "Miroru-chan! What is that you're holding?" From the scandalized tone of her voice, it was clear where Uriko's mind was going. She thought it was a paddle, and not the sort to be used for rowing. There was, after all, nobody of water nor boat present. Suddenly training didn't seem like a great idea.

"Uh... could we-- could we do genjutsu training today?"

Ronin has written 328 posts
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Sept 22, 2023 21:33:47 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 250 | notes
"OHAIYO GOZAIMASU, FAVORED PUPIL!" Miroru cried out with relish as Uriko arrived, snickering aloud as she hefted the fan, plunked it head-down and fwapped its broadside. "Come in, come in, it's time to begin your durability and tolerance training regimen~" Her grin was huge.

"Oh, this little ol' thing~? It's my gunbai! A warfan, used by Konohanians since ages immemorial! Surely you wouldn't deprive your favorite sensei of a piece of village history and family tradition, would you~?" Ooooh, the smug on this girl.

"... genJUTSU training?! What happened to stamina? Endurance? Durability?! I thought you wanted to work on your ability to tolerate shock, physical discomfort, pain even! I have a whole regimen set up! Games of chase, tag, Outrun the Tiger... and... other such games I definitely didn't make up!" She protested, before huffing a sigh and folding in half dejectedly.

"Genjutsu training, you say... I suppose it's unavoidable... what can sensei Miroru teach you about genjutsu today, favored pupil..." She muttered, doing her best to seem completely despondent by the change in proposed training regimen. She was, of course, perfectly fine, but Uriko clearly got embarrassed at the very idea of being spanked, and the chance to make her think she'd built an entire day's training around paddling her butt was the height of comedy!

MISSIONS
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Sept 22, 2023 22:07:30 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
The plan to train durability had gone out of the window as soon as the oversized spanking paddle had been spotted. Yeah, even though Uriko didn't care too much about genjutsu, it seemed like a much more reasonable thing to study today, if she would thus avoid paddling. Even though it had been revealed to not be a paddle, technically, Uriko was too scared to take chances with that thing. It would make for one epic paddle, if used to that effect.

Miroru didn't seem too pleased that Uriko wanted to change her choice of training, though the redhead seemed to eventually agree with her choice of interest. And then Uriko remembered something. She had recently received a message from Uzumaki Atagi of Kusagakure, and remembered writing in her reply to his letter the words, 'dare to take a step forward', because he had closed with the words 'dare to dream'. How could she ask him to dare to take a step forward, when she couldn't even abide her own words? Her expression took on a resolved frown. She would move forward, even if it meant paddling. She would just dare to keep moving forward. And suddenly, it just felt right, like something out of place had found its right position.

"You know what? Let's stick with paddling training-- uh, I mean durability training," she said, sounding a lot more resolute than she had been, just a few seconds ago.

That's A Paddlin' [Training]Sept 24, 2023 0:55:27 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@uriko | 268 | notes
"Really?!" Miroru snapped back upright, eyes bright and excited. She grabbed eagerly towards her fan- and then just pushed it over, snickering, letting it flop onto the grass. "Atta girl! Way to push past your fears!" Miroru flopped abck onto the grass and waved away Uriko's concerns. "I'm not gonna chase you around and spank you. Not that it wouldn't be funny. It'd be absolutely hilarious. But I have it on relatively good authority that adults find such behavior very ecchi, and I don't want you thinking I'm some kinda perv like that dweeb Atagi-san." She paused, and held out a hand as if to calm Uriko down. "Not that you're not pretty enough to perv over, you super are. But there's lotsa ways to train without worrying someone's gonna slap your butt for fun and call it an exercise."

The redhead found herself frowning and rubbing her chin. "It's kinda hard to tell someone, "don't worry, I won't drool over your curves" without making it sound like they're not pretty, or like you actually ARE gonna. Hm. That's a pickle. OH, well. I said the truth, so I did my part."

Clambering back to her feet, she offered a thumbs up. "Lucky for you, I have the Chakra Nature best suited to training up your pain resistance without much damage to your body. How do you feel about practicing enduring shocks for a bit today?"

MISSIONS
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Sept 24, 2023 20:21:30 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
Uriko heaved an audible sigh of relief, when Miroru admitted to just toying around with her. Apparently, there was to be no spanking on the menu, something Uriko was very grateful for. "Your source of information is very correct," the green haired girl replied, regarding the naughty connotations of spanking. Uriko did find her cheeks turning slightly red, when she received the compliment on her looks from Miroru. "Um, thanks?" she said with a nervous laugh.

It seemed the lesson for the day would involve a number of electric shocks. Uriko was not sure how to take that, but hey, if they would help her learn to not flinch when taking damage, she was pleased enough to get shocked as much as she could afford. Yes, it would not be pleasant, but who ever said getting stronger was a walk in the park? "Bring on the shock and awe, baby!" the Genin responded with much more confidence than she felt. Still, she was resolved to see this through. "Dare to take a step forward...."

In any case, Uriko remembered that Miroru had mentioned their mutual acquaintance from Kusagakure. Friend, as far as Uriko was concerned, but she wasn't sure if Miroru considered him such. "Speaking of that 'dweeb' Atagi-san, he wrote me a letter. He asked me to say hello to you. Turns out he's doing well, and guess what, he's got a new pair of arms! I feel so happy for him. He appreciates you for the potpourri."

That's A Paddlin' [Training]Sept 26, 2023 19:18:40 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@uriko | 220 | notes
"... okay, but seriously, why's it such a big deal?" Miroru asked as she noted Uriko's response to the very idea being an immediate, if delicate, blush. "Do adults, like. Smack butts when they make out or something?" She didn't push it, though, shrugging afterwards so they could move onwards. "Man, growing up does weird stuff to you, huh."

"First the shock! Then the "awwww"~" Miroru quipped, snickering at her clever adjustment. For a moment, at Uriko's reply, Miroru squinted suspiciously at the idea of Atagi writing ANYTHING, all things considered. But the new arms bit made her widen her eyes and cheer! "Aw, yeah! Awesome! That's great! It- also explains how he wrote you in the first place. How was he gonna do that otherwise? Pencil erasers taste horrible..."

The redhead's grin widened to hear he'd appreciated the potpourri. "Well, good! I'm glad. That was... a bum deal, really. He did his best, that was just an awful matchup. I dunno what that kid's deal was, but... man. Glad he's better!" She paused, and scratched the back of her head. "Maybe... they patched Konsho up too. You think..?"

MISSIONS
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Sept 28, 2023 22:18:21 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
"Uh... I don't know," Uriko said with an embarrassed laugh, when Miroru questioned why the whole spanking issue was a big deal. Fortunately, Miroru didn't seem too interested in the conversation on the intimate behaviors of adults, and Uriko was quite pleased that she wasn't pushing forward with that particular conversation, imitating the shrug of the younger girl. "Yes, there's some very weird stuff going on with growing up," she agreed.

'The shock then the awwww' was brilliant, but since Uriko was going to be the one doing the awwwwing, she didn't feel too inclined to notice the wit in Miroru's response with as much zest as she had originally pretended to have. Well, she would simply have to endure it. That was why she was here, after all.

Miroru seemed genuinely pleased that Atagi had had his arms regenerated, even as she wondered otherwise how he would have written letters. "I don't know," Uriko said, "but there were these pink erasers I loved chewing on as a child. They had this weird salty taste. My gramps wasn't too eager to see me doing that, though." The question about Konsho, she could not truthfully answer, though. But there was no reason to try to lie to Miroru, even if the intent would be to make her feel better.

"Atagi-kun did not mention anything about Konsho-san in his letter," she admitted, "but with that miracle worker whom Atagi-kun wrote of coming by, hopefully Konsho-san should have had himself patched up as well."

That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 2, 2023 22:30:02 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| ### | notes
"Hm! Well, maybe we'll find out the truth about butts some other time. There might be a handbook or whatever?" Miroru posited, shrugging and moving on to new topics.

"Man, that's wild. I never really thought to stick erasers in my mouth. They always looked gross and dirty! I can get why your Gramps wasn't too pleased! I bet the schoolyard put that like. One? Two steps above eating paste!"

Miroru looked a touch bummed at thinking about Konsho maybe not getting taken care off, but relaxed a bit at the idea that they probably got the same care as Atagi. "Yeah? You think? I hope so..."

A quick shake, and Miroru fished some wire from her pocket to offer to Uriko. "Here! You should wrap this around your wrist. I'll use this to zap ya. I know some weaker ones, so it'll probably hurt, but... that's the point, right?" Miroru sounded hopeful, but really, anxiety lingered behind the surface. The fear of failure, mistakes, or missteps was never that far from the redhead's mind.

MISSIONS
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 5, 2023 23:45:48 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
The thought of there being a handbook which documented research on human rears was quite amusing to Uriko. Then again, she did not think the concept of having such a papery guide on something as eyebrow-raising as the buttocks to be altogether coming out of left field. Because humans were weird. It wasn't impossible to have someone decide to write the Butt Book, or something. People had, after all, written worse.

Miroru did not seem to see whatever it was that Uriko had seen with the pink brand of erasers when she was a little girl. The problem was probably Uriko's. But yes, erasers were probably better than eating paste. "If my clarification helps any, I never put used erasers in my mouth. They were always new. Come to think of it though, the white erasers tasted like cat vomit," the green haired Genin said, tapping her chin as she drew her mind down memory lane. Well, today was not going to be about eating erasers.

The wire was observed with a bit of suspicion, though Uriko did not voice any misgivings, and instead complied, wrapping the wire round her fist. "That's the point, Miroru-chan!" she replied, giving the redhead a thumbs-up. Uriko heard the anxiety in Miroru's voice, and smiled at her. "Don't worry about anything; it's going to be fine. As long as you don't use Chidori... I think...."

That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 6, 2023 19:46:25 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 217 | notes
"That helps a lot, actually. The used ones always looked awful. But I guess the fresh ones could look sorta like weird candy..? Weird... salty candy, I guess..." She still wasn't sold, but Miroru could at least understand that a little bit more. She paused, though, and squinted at Uriko. "How do you know what cat vomit tastes like?!"

Miroru looked at the wire in her hand and thought for a moment. "You know... all the Raiton techniques I know are pretty brutal... this might not be such a greI'M AN IDIOT!" The redhead shrieked abruptly as she realized the perfect answer. "Uriko-chan! I can just teach you the absolute best and coolest jutsu there ever has been forever and ever!"

The Uchiha flashed a handseal and a small puff of smoke appeared at her feet... revealing... a tiny Miroru! "TADA! Check this out~!" Miniroru declared in a squeaky voice, running over and punching Uriko's ankle harmlessly. "If you can do this, I can hit you with whatever, and you'll FEEL it but you won't get HURT! How's about THAT for pain train gain, mang!?"

MISSIONS
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 7, 2023 23:47:36 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
It had actually been that almost candy look that many erasers had that had inspired Uriko to attempt chewing on them. And perhaps she would have stopped if chance had dictated that she chew on the white erasers first. The green haired girl laughed at Miroru's description. "Yes," she chuckled, "weird, salty candy." Her amusement faded, quickly being replaced by mild alarm at being asked how she was conversant with the taste of cat vomit. "Uh, it's more of a very vivid imagination, I'd suppose?" she answered uncertainly with a nervous laugh.

Miroru was quite a handful. Going from talking normally to suddenly shrieking almost made Uriko jump visibly. The offer to teach her the coolest technique ever was met with a suspicious look. "Many people have varying opinions on what the coolest technique is, you know?" she answered. Her suspicion changed to surprise when she saw the tiny clone of Miroru. "Ah, what's this?!" she asked in glee, staring at Miniroru. "That's so cute!"

Miniroru's explanation of what would be done was met with a blank look. "If I can do what, punch myself in the ankle?" Uriko asked. Okay, she was just fooling around with Miroru. "But really, how does this technique work, asides making a very cute mini version of myself? Or do you mean we should get our clones to throw hands, and I'll feel the hands thrown but not experience any pain? If yes, please get to teaching me at once!"

That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 10, 2023 22:06:43 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 208 | notes
"Phew! You had me worried! I was like- erasers? Cat vomit? What won't Uriko-chan put in her mouth?!" Miroru snickered and, in true Miroru fashion, jumpscared Uriko with her own innovative ideas moments later! "Listen, I know what I'm about, girly! if ANYONE knows what the COOLEST technique is, it's GOTTA be me!"

Miniroru stared up at Uriko flat-faced as she played the fool, squinting in response, relaxing as she asked the REAL questions, prompting the little copy to thumbs up her way! "It's super simple! The handseals are altered a bit, due to maintaining sensation but reducing size. It also takes constant focus to maintain, cuz you're sorta projecting into the mini, but once you're there- well, give it a shot!"

She caught on quick, and Miniroru grinned wide. "Yes! Absolutely that! We can do all our tricks, but without collateral or risk of actual harm! Just... er... pain. That's still there. But that's the point, right?!" She held her hands up and demanded Uriko's attention. "So this version goes like this..."

COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 14c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 12, 2023 0:20:45 GMT -5
Kayahara Urikohime
groupnull
"Goodness, Miroru! Don't you know what hyperbole is?" Uriko asked in shock and mild exasperation, when Miroru stated that she had been worried that the green haired girl had the habit of eating just about anything. Of course, it was very likely that the redhead was simply messing around with her, but even still, there were things which were not supposed to even be insinuated.

As far as cool techniques were concerned, there was little reason to doubt Miroru. She, after all, knew cool techniques like Chidori, and had passed the Chuunin Exams, so she had all the clout with which to put herself forward as knowing the best and coolest techs there were. The mini clone began explaining how the Smash Clone technique worked. It seemed like something doable, and Uriko nodded. The point was pain. Or, more importantly, getting used to the pain. As the clone demanded her attention, Uriko squatted, in order to better see what the Miniroru was doing, even as she took note of the handseals and pointers being given.

"Let's try it, then!" Uriko stated enthusiastically, once Miniroru was done with the explanations. She made the required handseals, but nothing happened. Very likely she had not properly visualized the technique. With a shrug, the kunoichi attempted it again, this time yielding results, as a puff of smoke erupted, and there stood Chibiriko!

OOC: I have to buy Smash Clone now....

That's A Paddlin' [Training]Oct 18, 2023 4:21:56 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"Hyperbowl? I dunno what it is but it sure sounds like fun! Does it use extra pins or like, do you double-fist the balls and blast'em down the lane all at once?? Ooh, maybe you do both at the same time? But what's that got to do with your eating habits???" Miroru chirped, tilting her head curiously.

In short order, though, Miniroru and Chibiriko were facing each other in a massive arena made of... the world! Their own bodies loomed over them, holding the hand seal for the jutsu, controlling their smaller selves directly!

"That's the way to do it! Great job! It... took me ages to get it right..!" Miniroru muttered, rubbing the back of her comically poofy hair. "But that's as expected of Uriko-chan! Always at the top of the class! Now! Let's give things a go. Hrm. There IS a problem." She held up a finger. "I'm afraid that we can't go ALL out. There IS a limiter to cancel the technique if the pain inflicted gets too bad. So... I'll let you set the pace for this. What do you wanna try getting hit by first? Shuriken? Kunai? Punches, kicks, raiton jutsu? I have a suiton attack jutsu but it's like. Super strong. I dunno if it's a great idea."

COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 14c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0