Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters 🍁 Kai

compose a reply
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters 🍁 KaiSept 29, 2023 19:13:33 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Team 1
As she approached, he smiled back at her. Ah, Sachi. Yes, she looked like a giant duckling. But it was a cute giant duckling, with all the awesome energy behind it, that had lightning running up and down his spine and a fire burning in his heart.

He was thankful she wore such colorful hair- It meant even in tough times, he could spot her out of a crowd, which made keeping track of her far easier than it should be... Though he'd never admit that to her upright.

Instead, as she closed the distance, he closed it back with her, and wrapped his arms around her back into a gentle hug. It was really a form of greeting, but he considered them close enough that he could at least hug her now.

"Sachi. It's great to see you out here again- Even if the rain is a bit gloomy. Another day of running?" He'd question as he released her from his grip, his hands moving down to hers to try the forbidden hand holding jutsu- Though this was more of a friendly hand hold than something romantic, at least in his eyes.

In truth, he was feeling a bit more confident than the day before. Perhaps it was the weather. Perhaps it was this snazzy trenchcoat (Seriously, only a Uchiha would think this thing looks cool...). Regardless of the real reason, he was smiling a bit brighter today and feeling a bit more confident.

"I was sort of wondering if you wanted to have something to eat with me this morning down by the river. It's really pretty down there when it rains." An old spot of his, really, near where he trained with other Uchiha. Outside of the random fire-jutsu shot across the river, in this weather, well... Raindrops on water looked beautiful.
Caelum has written 214 posts
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters 🍁 KaiSept 29, 2023 21:13:52 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 9 rank Genin occupation
Kisei Sachi🌸
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

It didn’t even seem like the honorific bothered Kai at all when he came walking towards her, closer and closer until he embraced her, her body tensing up at the sudden closeness as if her entire body was in surprise. Blue eyes opened widely, gazing past his shoulder until his release and then it stared out in a startled awe. His hand would graze past her should and to her hands, the warmth encases her cold hands. It was pleasant in a way butβ€”even so--she couldn’t herself to look up at him, as her face seethed with crimson, more than the chilly flush of the cold and more than just the pink from embarrassment like earlier.

It was the first time she fully noticed the size disparity between them. Though it was evident, seeing his hands much larger than hers gave her a new perspective. Until now, she hadn't really seen him as a man. Sure, she enjoyed teasing him, but romantic feelings hadn't entered the picture yet. The proximity, however, was making her more aware of him, like the orange hue that crept into her vision from before. Hoping the color and mess of her hair kept the heat of her face hidden, she tried responding back to him, nearly tunneling out of his words.

"U-um," she started, eyes fixed on their joined hands before darting to the side. "Y-yeah," she continued, her other hand reaching for the hood that partially obscured her face. "I was out for a run, yes." She didn't like how out of sorts she felt or how she couldn't respond as effortlessly as usual. The young Kisei looked almost feverish, a rare sight for someone usually so composed.

"Er, uh, food sounds great, but, um, I've... well, been running in the cold, so I'm looking a little disheveled," she admitted, finally looking up at him, her words stumbling over each other. 

β€“πŸŒΈβ€“

Attempt by Necro
Some Tags here

IntrovertedRabbit has written 186 posts
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters 🍁 KaiSept 29, 2023 22:31:02 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Team 1
He'd... Well, Kai, that is- He'd never really noticed this before. The way her body froze up. It wasn't her usual way of acting around him. The way she blushed. The way she looked down... Was that how he looked? Surely not. Surely he was far more mature and better than that. ... Okay, maybe not. But today, he felt good. And seeing her blush, seeing her, look away...

While it was cute. He really just secretly hoped... She was happy. That was what mattered. And the fact that she didn't pull her hands away... Well, it gave him hope? Hope, in an odd, weird way, as he cleared his throat and looked down at her fingers.

"Heh. Well, we can go to that Ramen shop. Or even head to get some coffee. I'm sure both of those things would warm you right up, huh?" He asked quietly, as he raised her hands just a bit. And, as if repeating a line he'd said once before, he added again.

"Call it a date? My treat? You look just as beautiful as ever, Sachi." A set up for another date, it seemed... As good of a set up as any other. At least he was getting braver about this.
Caelum has written 214 posts
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters 🍁 KaiSept 30, 2023 22:16:39 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 9 rank Genin occupation
Kisei Sachi🌸
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

"Er-uh," she stumbled over her words, as if her mental script had a glitch. "I would love to, but maybe another time." Her shoulders relaxed, and her breath steadied. She offered him a bashful smile as she disconnected her fingers from his, crossing her arms behind her back. Describing herself as "beautiful" was not something she felt, especially with her messy hair clinging to her face like seaweed, far from refined.

"Even if you say I look fine, I think I'd prefer to meet when I'm a little cleaned up," she continued, clearing her throat and regaining her composure. "Let's postpone that date, shall we? Maybe in two days' time?" She swayed back and forth from her toes to her heels, raindrops falling off her raincoat.

"You can choose the place, and we can meet here in the evening. Will that work for you?" Though the loud thumping of her trepidatious heart still echoed in her ears, the blush had finally receded from her face, and she managed to put on her usual composed facade. After his confirmation, she hopped back into her run.

"I'll be waiting for you then," she shouted and waving a small goodbye, before scurrying off.

β€“πŸŒΈβ€“

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here:

IntrovertedRabbit has written 186 posts