Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ Kai

compose a reply
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 25, 2023 0:50:09 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.โ€
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 9 rank Genin occupation
Kisei Sachi๐ŸŒธ
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

"Ahโ€ฆand soโ€ฆ we meet again!โ€ Sachi exclaimed jogging along the streets with a tired but energetic glow on her face when greeting her older friend, her face red with drops pouring down it, her small sprint showing a hint of inexperience as if she hadnโ€™t gone on a morning jog before. It was about 6 a.m. in the morning; the sun hadnโ€™t even peaked around the forest quite yet, and the morning air was cold and harsh and not completely dark. The moon was full yet setting for the sunโ€™s arrival and so she had enough light, at least enough for her. Even if the moon didnโ€™t shine in its radiant glow, she knew where she was by memory alone.

To combat the morning chill, she had borrowed a noragi from her cousin, which she wore over her usual yukata meant for warmer days. Unprepared for the rapid change in altitude and temperature, she felt the heat building up beneath the extra layer of clothing as her vigorous exercise intensified her desire to shed it.

Sachi figured that while she was in Konoha she should at least get her stamina up. The long trip to Konoha and the time when she went to Nohara no Kiโ€™s border with Taka made her realize how lacking she was physically. She decided that every day in the morning she would work to get her stamina up, be it, calisthenics, cardio, or anything for the next two weeks.

One thing she knew about altitude is that training in higher altitudes was beneficial--especially when she would be returning to Kusa. It felt very strange to her, the thin dry mountainous air made her feel like she wasnโ€™t getting enough oxygen. Still, she persevered, like anything she did in her life. The time was now and she wasnโ€™t going to let it go to waste.

Just as the pink clad shinobi felt like walking again, the familiar orange glow of the recently met Uchiha shinobi made her speed up. Pit pat pit pat, the beating of her sandals with the gentle breaths and inhales and exhales made it evident that she was fatigued but something about it gave her a child-like radiance. Kai was easily distinguishable, his presence standing out in the early morning's dim illumination.

"This is...โ€ The young genin muttered, leaning over barely catching her breath, hair strands falling out messily from her usually well-kept appearance. "Quite unusual...โ€

She continued to pant, unable to speak but obvious that she really wanted to, tease him or mention that a lazy bum like him wouldnโ€™t be out and about in the morning instead she could only toss a grin before finding herself frustrated,
"Aaa, itโ€™s so difficult to run!โ€

Finally regaining her composure and breath, Sachi launched into a ramble, a mix of annoyance, happiness, and excitement evident in her energy, "I thought I was over the altitude sickness but then started exercising but what brings you here to this neck of the woodsโ€ฆโ€ she sputters, giggling at her own words, "...as if you donโ€™t live here~โ€

"Iโ€™m only kidding, judging by how early it is and your clothes,โ€ Playfully, she circled Kai, her pink hair clinging to her face as she continued, "You mustโ€™ve come back from a mission! Am I right?โ€

โ€“๐ŸŒธโ€“

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here

last edit by Kisei Sachi on Sept 25, 2023 0:51:17 GMT -5
IntrovertedRabbit has written 186 posts
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 25, 2023 11:14:16 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Genin occupation Team 1
Kai was out and about this morning, though for far more... Lazy things then exercise. Why spend all that energy running around when you could spend it eating snacks and snoozing? ... Because he was out of snacks, of course, and was woken up by a noisy neighbor the next building over.

That said, when he had eventually gone out to collect his food, he had been pleasantly surprised by a flash of pink- A pink he could only line up as the wonderful Sachi. She was hard to miss, but he'd likely already mentioned that before.

Never one to want to miss a chance to meet with his girlfriend (Yes, this is what he called her in his head), he was quick to intercept her about 15 minutes later. That may have seemed like a long time, but in truth, he wanted to make this look natural, like he wasn't spying on her. In truth, it kind of just made it worse.

But any excuse to see Sachi was a good one, and he'd go out of his way every time to do so as he walked alongside her, watching the energetic girl go in circles around him. Ah, there was that blush again. He was wondering where all that blood had gone.

"Heh... It must be fate. I was just out... Exercising myself." He explained calmly. Sure, if that did it, that did it, and in a state that was perhaps a tad bit out of character for the Genin, he started jogging alongside the girl. That's not to say he wasn't fit- Anything but, as much as he wanted to be a lazy bum the truth couldn't be further from it, and he was constantly dragged out on different annoying, pain-staking missions.

"You have a destination in mind?" He'd ask. He didn't want to intrude on her jog- But at the same time, that look in his eyes- He was ready to do anything if it meant spending more time with Sachi. The idea that she'd soon be going back home...

Well the idea of that hurt. He understood it, but it was a strange feeling of hurt where he really was going to miss her presence. Perhaps constantly being around her wasn't helping that breakaway.
Caelum has written 214 posts
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 25, 2023 15:23:27 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.โ€
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi๐ŸŒธ

"Is that so?" Finger to the corner of her lips, she responded with a hint of eager skepticism. "I guess I was wrong then." Sachi really couldn't quite believe him at first, her initial assessment of his attire suggesting wear and tear but perhaps it was from the previous day or so. The dim moonlight may have been the reason why her assessment was incorrect, not that she minded it though. The surprising encounter gave her a sense of joy and comfort.

"I wouldnโ€™t have expected you were the type to exercise in the morning, sloth of the Uchiha clan, or wake up this early for that matter.โ€ She yawned, stretching her arm above her head, "I donโ€™t even wake up this early unless I had to run the teahouse that day but that was some years ago.โ€

"I don't have a destination in mind as I've decided to loop the village as the route for my runs."
She huffed, trying to catch up.

Despite still panting from her earlier sprint, Sachi kept pace with him as he joined her, her form noticeably distinct from his. Kai's towering height dwarfed hers, making it apparent that he covered much more ground with each stride. Yet, she was determined not to get left behind and constantly found herself falling a few steps behind, only to quicken her pace to catch up--her twin tails bounced playfully with each step.

After a while, her endurance waned, and she had to come to a stop, wiping the sweat from her face with the sleeve of her borrowed noragi.

"We could go to the store together when it opensโ€ฆonly if youโ€™re available though." Sachi proposed, her voice carrying a hint of weariness from their impromptu morning jog. Her breaths hung in the cold air, visible in the moonlight that cast a soft, ethereal glow over the scene. The world around them felt hushed as if nature itself was savoring the tranquility of the early hours.

"I wouldnโ€™t want to distract you from your training.โ€ A small grin danced around her words as she spoke as if prying into his true intentions.

โ€“๐ŸŒธโ€“

Attempt by Necro
Some Tags here

Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 25, 2023 16:22:04 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
His blush grew wider as she pointed out his slothful nature, a scratch behind the head as he cleared his throat.

"Passion changes people, for better or worse, I guess." He shrugged, as he turned around, now jogging backwards as he watched Sachi struggle to keep up. He moved a finger towards her, pointing at her legs.

"Pace yourself properly. Good exercise follows a rhythm, and if you try to go too fast or too slow, you'll just expend more energy for nothing." He commented shortly, as he slowly turned back, deciding not to get too in-depth with his explanation. Some would give you things like exercises or certain movement status, but in truth, every person had their own way of moving and grooving.

Still, she brought up heading to the store together. He wasn't sure where that little tidbit came from, but his eyes shot towards her like darts. Suspicious... No, no, It was merely coincidence, my dear Kai. He smiled, nodding once.

"It's just some light training, nothing... Serious. We could grab some snacks from the store." He idled. He didn't really dwell on it, in truth- He was more then happy to just spend the morning jogging along with Sachi, which... In retrospect, he wondered... Would she be here the same time, same place tomorrow? ... Maybe he could make a routine out of this...
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 25, 2023 17:47:06 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi๐ŸŒธ

Sachi liked that answer; the level-headed genin didnโ€™t quite register that it was a passion for her, though. After all, this encounter was only a passerby, an unlikely outcome. Passion had always run deep in her clan and family, evident in their fiery dedication to their pursuits. While Sachi herself was a passionate soul, she hadn't expected Kai to share the same intensity. This unexpected connection earned him extra points in her mental scoring system--not knowing his motive wasnโ€™t regarding training.

She wiped more beads off the top of her head nodding to him while in the process of recovering her stamina. Sachi possessed a keen sense of her own limits and had mastered the art of pacing herself during her training sessions. She understood the delicate balance between pushing her boundaries and avoiding overexertion. However, when Kai unexpectedly joined their morning training session, something within her ignited a fierce determination. She was resolved to keep up with him, even if it meant only for a fleeting moment.

"Light training?โ€ She tilted her head while adjusting the straps of the noragi, "Nothing serious?โ€ She continues to muse, her voice having hints of jesting and delight which scattered her inquires. "Then, youโ€™ll take me on my offer!?โ€ Her bright eyes nearly glowed, reflecting the moonโ€™s illuminations. She stepped a little closer to Kai--grinning widely--and stared up at him as if the Kisei was planning something.

"If we go to the market this morning, you can help me carry back to the cafรฉ. I believe itโ€™s," She glanced behind her and then to the other side, "Down that way. Itโ€™s a detour from the loop and more exercise couldnโ€™t hurt!โ€ Without waiting for his confirmation, she hopped to it, starting down the path to the market.

โ€“๐ŸŒธโ€“

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here

Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 25, 2023 17:55:21 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
A scratch at his head. Yeah, he could aid with all of that. Carrying groceries, doing chores- Anything to spend more time with her. As she trotted off however, he kept up, keeping at her pace as he spoke.

"You should take off the heavier clothes, though. Your body will warm itself up naturally as you move." He explained. The heavier weight of the clothing was just going to make her exert herself twice as much, and that was no good if she wanted to get some real cardio in- Doubly so if she wanted to actually make it to the market.

"Of course I'll take you up on your offer. It's always nice spending time... Erm... Outside." He wanted to say with her, but that felt a little cheesy. Was it a little cheesy? It probably was. And he could always grab snacks while grabbing groceries for the cafe.

"Might be able to get a part time job at your cafe, too. Wouldn't mind helping out around there, for uh... Ryo, I guess." He tried to explain it as ryo, but honestly, he was more prodding her to see if working for her families buisiness would earn him any more brownie points. He really was trying to do what she liked- Even if that came at a cost for himself. This was, in some cases, a self destructive behavior. Though for some, the payoff was worth the extra work. In his case, working smarter, not harder, only really went as far as the subjects he was smart in- And in terms of relationships, well..

As Kai trudged along, it was pretty obvious he had no extra knowledge in it, and was kind of going off whims here.

"What do you need from the market anyways? Maybe I can point us in the right direction."
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 25, 2023 18:45:55 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi๐ŸŒธ

Sachi's usual activity level couldn't mask the fact that her childhood had been predominantly spent indoors, leading to a challenge in regulating her body temperature.

"Hmm," Sachi considered Kai's suggestion carefully. The noragi she was wearing was lightweight, but her lack of experience in running and strenuous physical activity made it feel somewhat cumbersome.

She explained her predicament,
"Even though this noragi is quite light, I'm simply not accustomed to this level of running and exertion. I actually left my weaponry back at home, so I should be lighter than usual." She tilted her head to the side, taking rhythmic breaths. "If I were to take it off now, my body would cool down too quickly. I tried that earlier, but the sweat ended up making me quite chilly."

"Despite that, spending time outside is quite nice, Kai.โ€ Sachi hummed while pursing her lips, the speck of playfulness in her eyes and her knowing grin infectious. "We could always use extra help here and there at the Konoha cafรฉ, although it's quite well-staffed, at the moment. Of course, the rushes there can't compare to those in Hohei-cho, at least not yet. If you happen to meet Oneechan or Taka-Niichan, I'd recommend discussing it with them."

As they stood in front of the market street, the early morning stalls began to open for business. The area was not yet crowded with people but would soon fill up for the morning race to get the freshest produce.

"I need 3 bags of watercress, 1 kilogram of beef shoulder, 400 grams of pork,โ€ she continues parsing through the items in her mind, "5 cucumbers, 2 eggplants, young gobo, a couple of daikon radishes, a bag of salt, gingerโ€ฆโ€ The list continues for 10 more seconds before she finally stops.

"We are making pickled vegetables for the winter and Iโ€™m taking some home with me. I memorized my obaasanโ€™s recipe so when I leave, I can make it again.โ€ She smiles at him--as if the list that she just regurgitated was a walk in the park for her, "Produce here is a little more expensive though... maybe we should take half of the amount instead.โ€

She nodded twice before gazing at him slightly puzzled. "Um, let's see,โ€ She patted down her pockets but it was to no avail. "If you have a marker, I could write half of the list on your hand?โ€
โ€“๐ŸŒธโ€“

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here

Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 25, 2023 19:08:50 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Kai slowly glanced over at Sachi as he stopped, listening to her exact measurements as the cogs in his brained slowed to a halt.

"Pardon?" His head tilted as she had somehow memorized the exact, to the tee, ingredients. Placing a hand to his head, he sighed, shaking it.

"Slow down there. Yeah, you're going to have to write that down, I uh... I don't exactly have that kind of memory." He teased gently. She had her strength, he had his. And his certainly wasn't his memory. He was going to need her to write that down on his arm or something, as he pulled out a marker, completely forgetting he had a notepad on hand.

It was weird how blind you ended up when you were infatuated with someone. Even the most obvious things passed you by.

"Are you going to be sa... Okay, here?" He almost said safe, but corrected himself as he scratched behind his neck. In retrospect, a stupid question to ask. Of course she'd be safe. But it was his job as a good boyfriend to make sure she was safe at all times, and it was getting kind of crowded right now...

Yeah, Kai realized how ridiculous that was after he said it. "Alright, just write it down, I'll get on it." He smiled, turning away once she'd given him the list and heading off to find these mystical groceries.

As for the price? He'd pay, of course. His village, his treat! Or something like that.
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 27, 2023 0:16:03 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi๐ŸŒธ

The rose-clad Kisei stepped closer to him, gracefully taking the marker out of his hand and grabbing his wrist. She was awfully close, her head nearly pressing against his chest. Turning around so that her back was towards him, she carefully wrote half the contents underneath his hand neatly, the roundness in each of her characters staining his arm, humming a hymn of sorts.

"This should do,โ€ she noted under her breath, pressing the cap back onto the marker. She gave him most of the heavier items as she knew that he was quite strong from carrying her with the weights.

"Iโ€™ll be alright, I used to live in the city, after all.โ€
The girl confidently said, looking up at him, her forehead nearly touching his chin. Stepping back with a playful twirl, she looked back at him, a spirited glint in her gaze. "I'm a shinobi too, you know," she continued, her tone light but firm.

"I may not look it, but I can handle myself if push comes to shove." She could sense his concern, a familiar worry she had seen in the eyes of her overprotective parents. They had always treated her as their precious rainbow child, their sole success among many attempts. Sachi cherished their love but was equally aware of her capacity to take care of herself, even in challenging situations.

Before heading off to fetch her half of the groceries, Sachi reached into her pocket hidden within her sleeves, discreetly slipping some ryo into Kai's jacket before darting away swiftly. As she moved through the stalls, she followed a mental route plan, purchasing items from every other vendor with precision and exact change. Everything she bought was neatly tucked into a backpack, cleverly folded and concealed within her clothing. Once she had gathered everything on her list, she scanned the bustling crowd and easily spotted Kai.

"Are you ready to head back yet!?" she exclaimed, playfully crashing into his backside. The rustling of bags followed her energetic assault on his senses.

โ€“๐ŸŒธโ€“

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here:

Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 27, 2023 8:30:55 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Sachi got close again, and... Well, he was reminded of the more physical parts of her that kept him glued to her like a puppy. Her beautiful pink hair, her pale skin, her short frame and the delicious smell of coffee off her... It was one of those moments where things flash before you, and you could even see yourself settling down with such a girl- It helped solidify what was currently an infatuation into something even stronger.

When she glanced back at him, his heart skipped like, a beat or two. Keep that up Sachi, you were going to murder him with cuteness. Before he could grasp onto that feeling though, maybe hug her or such, she had bounded back.

"Heh. I know. It's easier to worry then it is to not. It must be a Uchiha thing." He explained. It was true. When you cared about something enough, it didn't matter how safe they actually were, you always worried about them anyways. It was growing out of that worry and turning it into interest in them that was important. This was only compounded by that damned curse.

"Ah- Right!" He had no more time to talk though, as he was on a mission now. Collect groceries. Her handwriting was... Way better than his, though he had guessed as much. In the back of his head, he sort of imagined her as the brains of their little arrangement. He was pleased with that, though he wouldn't just let it sit- He had plans to push himself to try and close that gap. Again, she gave him a lot to work towards.

His own ability to gather groceries, while slightly slower than her as he had to read- Was sped up by the fact that he knew these stalls like the back of his hand, and in no time at all, he was carrying a buttload of groceries, wandering around trying to find the girl with a few grunts. Wow, there was quite a lot here.

"Huh--?" He heard her voice before she crashed into his back, and he snorted off a laugh as he glanced back at her.

"Careful there- Don't want to lose all that. Sure, lets head back! Did you find what you wanted? Your instructions were absolutely perfect, by the way." He calmly shot back, walking alongside her rather then ahead of her, enjoying their little bit of time together.

"So... When you head home... When do you think I'll be able to visit you? Or vise versa?" Already thinking about the future, of course.
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 27, 2023 19:11:55 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi๐ŸŒธ

Sachi beamed with a toothy grin as her bags swayed back and forth before her. Her petite frame seemed to magnify the size of the bags on her back and in her arms, but she handled the weight surprisingly comfortably. Her stamina might not have been suited for short bursts of energy, but years of hard work had endowed her with the ability to endure a full day of walking and carrying loads. It was an impressive sight, considering her childlike appearance, but the bags were balanced perfectly on her small form.

"Iโ€™m glad it was then,โ€ She says with a slight sway in her step, "I donโ€™t often write list as you probably could have figured.โ€ Again, she wondered if she should keep that type of information close to her chest. She wasnโ€™t afraid to share her head with other people but there is always something in the back of her mind where she felt like it might be used against her in the future, not if she could help it though.

"I found most of the stuff. Itโ€™s enough for today,โ€ She spoke, the morning sun shining on the market through the forest and buildings of the village. It warmed up the chilly day slowly and now she was feeling a little warmer, her hair glowing in the light as if reflecting the change in temperature.

"Oho?โ€ Kai's suggestion about visiting her caught her attention, and she tilted her head, curiosity dancing in her eyes as she parsed his words.

"You want to visit? That sounds wonderful! In that case, I might need to find a place to stay before then,"
she chirped happily, taking a step in the direction of the coffee shop, the bustling crowd parting as she moved through.

"I mentioned earlier that I currently live in the academy's dorms, but I'm planning on moving out when I get back." She paused, closing her eyes briefly in thought. "I'll be returning in two weeks, so maybe... three weeks to a month from now? Perhaps you can help me find a place!" She let out a playful giggle.

"I'm just kidding, of course. Otherwise, you'd have to stay at an inn for the evenings since male shinobi aren't allowed in the dorms. I wouldn't be able to whip up a meal for you when you come over." She spoke with a lighthearted tone, her eyes twinkling with mischief as she considered the idea of Kai visiting her new place in the future.

โ€“๐ŸŒธโ€“

Attempt by Necro
Some Tags here

Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 27, 2023 19:23:02 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
She didn't write lists often? That made sense, when he thought about it. She was smart and savvy, so she probably didn't need things like that. Walking alongside her with the groceries, his own mind dwelled on that information. Perhaps someone could use it against her, but it was unlikely it'd ever be Kai. She had him, in a manner of speaking, whipped.

Still, his eyes wandered her features as he walked alongside her, appreciating her form. Was her body childlike? Kind of, but in his eyes, Kai saw a more teenage, if not adult figure. She was mature beyond her physical form, which just made the cute factor of her actual person even greater- Enough to be fiendishly so. He shivered, trying not to think about it too much, as she brought up the idea of him visiting, which only grew forward another blush from him.

"I figured you lived with someone." He honestly commented, shrugging as he moved with her. "You seem to know a lot of people closely, so I assumed you had someone who helped take care of you- Or vice versa." Kai calmly added, as he drifted in thought and turned the corner with her. So she slept alone in the dorms? Hrm... He thought on that for a moment, before speaking up.

"I could help you find a place, if you really want. We don't have to sleep together..."

. . .

It took about 5 seconds of walking, in which he tried to think of the sleeping arrangements of him laying on the floor, before he realized that statement could be taken clear out of context.

"We don't have to stay in the same building! Is what I meant! Not---" His face was ripe as a tomato again, looking away as he downright nearly sweated from that nervous release.

"Sorry, that was... Hah..." He shook his head as he tried to play it off cool. Stay cool, stay cool.

"A-Anyways, ah... Like I said. I don't mind staying in an inn. It just means you'd have to make me a nice lunch to make up for it!" He tried to run off into a tease, hoping she let that embarrassment go- Though in truth, he would have been happy to just visit and see her in the first place.
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 28, 2023 18:53:23 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi๐ŸŒธ

Sachi couldn't hide her amusement when Kai stumbled over his words, and she patted him on the shoulder while laughing.

"I wouldn't mind too much if you stayed over while visiting," she teased, giving him a smug look. The blush on his face seemed to amuse her even more. "In separate rooms, of course." She delivered the line with a hint of mischief, clearly enjoying the playful banter.

Although the topic made her slightly flustered, as she was still a young teen, Sachi was adept at concealing her embarrassment. In her medical studies, she had learned a great deal about various subjects, including the more intimate ones. She had expected herself to blush more at their conversation, but Kai's innocent reaction was too endearing for her to resist teasing him, even if just a little.

"I understood what you were trying to say," she reassured him with a nod, taking a step back along their path. She continued to sway as she walked, a rhythmic motion that seemed to complement her upbeat personality. "Those sorts of things are meant for the far, far future. I would never assume you were trying to imply something like that."

Finally, they arrived in front of the coffee shop, and Sachi stepped inside, placing her bags in a convenient spot before rushing back outside to help Kai.

She gestured toward a bench outside the shop and suggested,
"You can just leave the bags here. The shop hasn't opened yet, and some people are still sleeping and I don't want to startle them so I'll be going in by myself. Thanks for your help today." Her face lit up with a bright smile as she picked up some of the bags from the ground, making sure to use her legs to bear the brunt of the weight.

"I really appreciate it. It was nice getting to exercise with you!" With a quick hop, she placed the remaining bags inside the shop and then grabbed the last few from outside.

As she shut the door behind her with a distinctive clack, she spoke softly but audibly, "I'll see you around town, Kai-kun." With that, she left, her cheerful presence lingering even after she was gone.

โ€“๐ŸŒธโ€“

Attempt by Necro

Some Tags here

Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 28, 2023 23:41:46 GMT -5
Uchiha, Kai
Work smarter, not harder
Uchiha, Kai Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
A bead of sweat dripped down his forehead as she seemed to take the comment far better than he himself did. It made him relax, and for a moment, he felt like he was back in his element as she laughed it off. It was a good thing she could- It said a lot about their relationship if he could make mistakes like that, bounce them off her and she could respond with teasing jokes of her own. If he were making mental notes, that would be a green flag.

He placed the bags down as he stretched out a bit, his muscles sore from this morning exercise. In truth, it was a bit more then he was used to, and even though he had done far more strenuous tasks, the fact that he was doing it so early in the morning, just after waking up, had a certain affect on his body...

"Yeah, it was fun! I'll... I'll see you later, Sachi!" He snapped his fingers at her, walking awkwardly backwards before confidently turning around and strutting off. His pride was completely full right now. That went off better than he'd expected. Clearly...

Clearly he should figure out another way to 'bump' into her the next day, right...? Closing a hand to his chest, he prepared, and made his way back home... Or he would have, had he not forgotten his snacks. Dangit!

======================

Cut to the next day, and it was raining. Which would be surprising, if not for the fact that it was fall in Konoha. The real surprising part was that it wasn't snow- But boy, was it cold. Kai was bundled up in a clan trenchcoat- It looked incredibly edgy, yes, but it was fur lined on the inside and so warm he could walk around in a blizzard in it- Not to mention the black and red design was absolutely fabulous.

Not that he'd ever tell anyone that. Instead, he was crouched up on the grand tree of Konoha with his Sharingan activated. He was looking for someone, today. Even if it was raining, he had a hunch that one pink haired girl would stand out in a crowd. And once he found her?

...Well, would it be wrong for him to 'accidentally' run into her again today? ...Maybe. Maybe not. They'd just have to see.
Sunrise Sweats and Sweet Encounters ๐Ÿ KaiSept 29, 2023 18:37:50 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi๐ŸŒธ

Waking a little later than usual, the young Kisei looked outside to see the gloomy clouds that hunched over the Hidden Leaf Village, surprised that it looked as if it was about to rain. She considered staying in, staring at the rainclouds from the window sil of the coffee shop. She quickly changed her mind, though. Shinobis had to be prepared to do anything rain or shine. Since the temperature had dropped again, she decided to train a little later when it became warmer. In the meantime, she headed to the Konoha Library to see what books they might have on running. She figured if she couldnโ€™t train now, she would search on how to train more effectively. It wasnโ€™t as obvious as one might expect. There were many ways to improve but it was trial and error when there was no teacher available. Slipping on a borrowed yellow poncho; she left the house with a pep in her step and all her usual weaponry.

She rummaged through the library, searching for a training guide on running and combat, picking up medical books as she looked through up and down the shelves. After finding her material, she started reading. The Kusa Genin was an extremely fast reader, her memory making it a quick process. After just a couple of hours, she had devoured the contents of the books she needed and emerged from the library, her mind now armed with fresh insights.

As she jogged through the village, her yellow poncho barely clinging to her frame, she felt a newfound confidence in her stride. Splish splashโ€”even though it was raining, she was confident in her form this time, her posture straight and shoulders relaxed, the bounce in her run more stabilized. Whether it was because of her jog yesterday or the newly acquired knowledge, she could feel that her pace was better than before.

Breath oscillating through the chilly afternoon, Sachi began to feel the rhythm of the run as she continued to run towards The Great Tree, keeping her eyes straight ahead. However, as she ran, a peculiar sensation crept up her spine, like the feeling of being watched. It was a subtle but undeniable feeling. She slowed her pace, her senses on high alert, her breath steady as she scanned her surroundings.

The feeling transformed from mild concern to exhilaration when she spotted a familiar figure on the horizon. Sachi didn't need much to recognize someone she knew well. Faces, body language, the sound of their voiceโ€”all were etched in her memory, and her recall was nearly flawless. One would have to change little bits about their entirety for Sachi to not recognize them, either by use of jutsu to change oneโ€™s face and body or well-orchestrated disguises that could fool anyone. So, Kai, again, was easy to spot, even if she wasnโ€™t trying.

"Kai-chan!" she exclaimed, her voice bubbling with energy as she playfully skipped over to the older Genin. With her yellow poncho, she looked like a delightful cross between a child and a giant duckling--her vibrant pink hair messily peeking out from under the waterproof fabric. Her use of honorifics was an intentional tease even if her words seemed innocent and childlike.

"And here we meet again!" she declared with a radiant smile, raindrops cascading off her hair as she approached, her cheeks flushed from the chill.

โ€“๐ŸŒธโ€“

Attempt by Necro
Some Tags here: