Lavender Wings

compose a reply
Lavender WingsSept 26, 2023 6:00:56 GMT -5
Ishikawa Ren
Do every act as though it were the last.
Ishikawa Ren Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday November 23rd rank Chuunin occupation Lord's Assistant
     A droplet of water landed on the corner of his page, splotching out until it barely touched the 'A'. Ren looked up at the light clouds overhead, then pressed the wet spot with his thumb to dry it. With one hand he clapped the hardcover closed and slipped it into his bag.

Almost halfway, he thought. Not bad. He'd spent the better part of this morning here in the Arashi Teien, practicing his water walking while he read. The sight of the Genin calmly relaxing while standing on the surface had garnered quite a few odd looks from passerby. Ren put his hands in his pockets and crossed the pond, heading back for the shore.

It'd been difficult to focus on both at the same time, but that had been the point. Chakra control had never been one of his strong points. He liked to think of others like a pitcher, with a small indent for pouring - himself a regular cup, where the water flows over the wide edge like a waterfall. But practice made perfect, at least in this case - he'd only lost balance twice but had managed to recover himself both times. It felt close to a background process now.

Stepping onto the stones that lined the pond, Ren messed with his now-moist black hair. He patted himself down, making sure he hadn't left anything behind. Satisfied that he hadn't, he started his walk back to the city districts, which would take him through the gardens with their beautiful multi-colored blooms and lush greenery that was sure to be gathering dew by now from the light drizzle.

| 269 words
last edit by Ishikawa Ren on Sept 26, 2023 7:28:09 GMT -5
Phantasm has written 210 posts
Lavender WingsOct 1, 2023 5:38:24 GMT -5
Yugao Uka
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 11 years old birthday May 15, 1012 rank Academy Student occupation Student
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]
Uka's frustration welled up inside her as she stood in the peaceful Arashi Teien garden. She had been attempting chakra control for what felt like hours, but her efforts were met with nothing but miserable failure. Her palms remained stubbornly devoid of the focused chakra she was trying to muster.
[break][break]
Uka sighed, feeling the weight of her frustration building as she attempted to perform the Surface Dyeing jutsu, a seemingly simple ninjutsu with just a single hand sign. She had borrowed a real kunai from her father, eager to learn and practice this technique, but her attempts were met with failure.
[break][break]
With the borrowed kunai in hand, she focused her chakra, trying to follow the basic principles she had learned in the academy. She performed the required hand sign and tried to mold her chakra over the weapon. However, her efforts yielded no result. The kunai remained as it was, its metal glinting under the light, unaffected by her chakra.
[break][break]
"I just can't figure it out!" Uka muttered to herself, her voice tinged with frustration. She clenched her fists in frustration, the dampness from her earlier mishap causing discomfort as her clothes clung to her skin.
[break][break]
Her failures seemed to mock the tranquil surroundings of the garden. The soft rustling of leaves and the gentle babble of the nearby stream were stark contrasts to her struggles. Uka's brows furrowed as she made another attempt, only to watch her chakra dissipate like a fleeting dream.
[break][break]
蝶々技術 | Chōchō Gijutsu [lit. Butterfly Techniques]
[break][break]
Having undergone comprehensive training under her father's guidance since a young age, Uka has developed exceptional proficiency in both the theoretical and practical aspects of the Yugao clan's hijutsu. This extensive training enables her to adeptly utilize a wide array of the clan's jutsu. With her honed skills, Uka can effectively communicate with, command, and channel the innate instincts and capabilities of the insects belonging to the Lepidoptera order, such as butterflies and moths, seamlessly integrating them into her own jutsus.

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 244
[break]

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #7e61a6; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #7e61a6; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #7e61a6; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
last edit by Yugao Uka on Oct 1, 2023 5:39:48 GMT -5
Yofie has written 99 posts
Lavender WingsOct 1, 2023 6:10:37 GMT -5
Ishikawa Ren
Ishikawa Ren Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday November 23rd rank Chuunin occupation Lord's Assistant
     Ren passed through the garden, enjoying the sights and smells. He breathed in the floral scent deeply. It was calming. He almost wanted to close his eyes and take a nap, but wasted time made for a wasted life.

The nearby stream filled the area with a calming sound, which amplified his relaxation as he passed through. He was on his way now to learn some Fuinjutsu, but he'd always known that the key to effective training was having a good mindset. A calm mindset.

The tranquility was interrupted when Ren turned the corner around a lavender bush and saw a young girl struggling, clutching a kunai and balling her hands up in anger. Ren approached from the side, putting his hands on his knees and speaking softly so as not to scare her.

"Cant figure what out, miss?" he asked with a kind smile. She appeared to be an Academy Student to him, going by her apparent age and height. He'd helped a number of them out before, though he'd hardly call himself a great teacher by any stretch. Still, teaching others was an important skill that he would need as a Shinobi - he'd have to learn it. Besides, Ren was always willing to help.

| 206 words
last edit by Ishikawa Ren on Oct 1, 2023 6:14:21 GMT -5
Lavender WingsOct 1, 2023 13:48:17 GMT -5
Yugao Uka
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Uka's frustration was momentarily eclipsed by surprise as she heard a kind voice addressing her struggle. She turned to find a stranger, a fellow ninja it seemed, offering assistance. His smile and warm demeanor instantly put her at ease. "Well, it's this Surface Dyeing jutsu," Uka began, her frustration giving way to a mix of hope and embarrassment. "I've been trying for hours, but I just can't get it right. My chakra won't cooperate, and this kunai remains untouched."
[break][break]
She glanced down at the borrowed kunai in her hand, feeling somewhat self-conscious about her repeated failures. "I know it's supposed to be a basic technique, but I can't seem to grasp it. My dad lent me this kunai, and I really wanted to prove that I could do it."
[break][break]
Uka then looked back at the stranger with a hint of determination in her eyes. "I'm Uka, by the way," she introduced herself. "Do you have any advice or tips for me? Maybe there's something I'm missing." Her voice carried a mixture of eagerness to learn and a touch of vulnerability though Uka's frustration was still there, it was tempered by the newfound sense of determination to possibly learn from this man who seemed to be more experienced and who seemed to be offering his help if Uka did not misunderstand his intentions.
[break][break]
[break][break]
Having undergone comprehensive training under her father's guidance since a young age, Uka has developed exceptional proficiency in both the theoretical and practical aspects of the Yugao clan's hijutsu. This extensive training enables her to adeptly utilize a wide array of the clan's jutsu. With her honed skills, Uka can effectively communicate with, command, and channel the innate instincts and capabilities of the insects belonging to the Lepidoptera order, such as butterflies and moths, seamlessly integrating them into her own jutsus.

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 222
[break]

[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #7e61a6; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #7e61a6; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #7e61a6; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
Lavender WingsOct 1, 2023 14:16:44 GMT -5
Ishikawa Ren
Ishikawa Ren Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
     The genin rubbed his neck. "Ishikawa," he said. "Ren." He smiled at the academy student. "And sure! I'd love to help."

Ren didn't know Surface Dyeing himself, but was familiar enough with it to direct help - it wasn't an altogether difficult jutsu. He figured the root of her problems weren't with the jutsu in particular anyway.

He knelt beside her, hugging his knees. "Surface Dyeing, hmm?" Ren fished a kunai of his own out from his thigh pouch, holding it between two fingers dangling in front of his knees. "Well, it's a pretty basic extension of chakra control - are you molding your chakra properly?"

"Your teachers have told you about physical and spiritual energy, right?" he asked, despite knowing that if they hadn't she probably wouldn't be attempting this. "Let's start there, from the very beginning."

He touched the tips of his fingers together, forming the most rudimentary 'seal' possible. The kunai hung from his pinky. Ren, as someone who'd mastered one-handed seals, had little need for them for molding his chakra, but he went further and formed the most basic one taught at the academy for the sake of example.

"One part physical, one part spiritual, yeah?" he said, while circulating his chakra and spiraling it through his body in an equal ratio, then prodded for her to try the same.

| 222 words
last edit by Ishikawa Ren on Oct 1, 2023 14:18:48 GMT -5
Lavender WingsOct 3, 2023 4:27:19 GMT -5
Yugao Uka
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Uka listened intently to Ren's explanation, grateful for his willingness to assist and relieved that he didn't dismiss the situation she was in. She nodded in agreement as he mentioned the fundamentals of chakra control. "Yup, I've learned about physical and spiritual energy in class," she said, her voice full of excitement and optimism. "I believe my issue is related to chakra control. I've been attempting to shape it properly, but it's been difficult."
[break][break]
Uka carefully observed his hand movements and the way he formed the basic seal under Ren's supervision. She mimicked his actions, forming the same seal with her small fingers, and took a deep breath, attempting to mimic his actions. Her brow furrowed in concentration as she tried to balance her physical and spiritual energy.
[break][break]
"I'm giving it a shot," Uka said, her gaze fixed on her own kunai. The subtle shift in her chakra felt like a gentle stream flowing through her. She knew she had to be patient because it was a delicate balance. She closed her eyes for a moment, concentrating solely on the sensation of her chakra, attempting to align it properly as Ren had demonstrated.
[break][break]
She opened her eyes after a few moments and slowly directed her chakra towards the kunai. A faint glimmer of energy surrounded the weapon, indicating that she was making progress. With a big smile, Uka looked at Ren. "I think I got it, Ren-san. Could you please help me out a little more?"
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 246
[break]

Lavender WingsOct 6, 2023 21:38:57 GMT -5
Ishikawa Ren
Ishikawa Ren Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
     He returned the smile. "That's good! And yeah, of course." Ren said as he gave her a thumbs up after having seen the slight sheen. "But when learning something, never skip steps!" he said in his best imitation of an Academy teacher's lecture voice. He laughed.

"Why? Because you can never overlearn the basics. Even Lord Sixth practices them. Trust me, it helps." Ren lowered his head and his thick hair fell to cover his eyes. He pointed out the clockwise sworl in his hair. "I'm sure they've taught you to mould chakra in the direction your hair goes, right? That's just one trick you can use to improve your control."

Ren raised his head back up and swished his bangs out of the way. He formed another handseal. "It can be difficult, and it is - even for me - but you've got to try and mould your chakra in a spiral as tightly as you can. That kind of awareness is hard to train, but it'll come with time. "

"We can come back to the kunai in a sec," Ren said while placing the one he held on the ground. "For now, just try to swirl those two energies as tightly as possible to form your chakra. Let's try it together!" he said as he tightened the handseal and focused on moulding his chakra as efficiently as possible.

| 228 words
last edit by Ishikawa Ren on Oct 6, 2023 21:39:40 GMT -5
Lavender WingsOct 10, 2023 10:10:39 GMT -5
Yugao Uka
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Uka continued to listen to Ren's additional advice. She nodded in agreement as he emphasized the importance of mastering the fundamentals, realizing that laying a solid foundation was critical to her advancement as a shinobi. As Ren mentioned molding chakra in the direction of one's hair swirl, Uka's eyes widened with curiosity. "I've heard about that, but I've never really tried it before," she admitted.
[break][break]
"Alright, let's do this!" Uka said with determination, mimicking the handseal once more. She closed her eyes and focused on her chakra, visualizing it as a spiraling vortex, much like Ren had shown her. It was a challenge, and her concentration wavered at times, but she kept trying. After a few moments, she felt a subtle shift in her chakra. It began to conform more closely to the spiral pattern she envisioned, growing tighter and more controlled. She opened her eyes, a small smile playing on her lips. "I can feel it, Ren-san! It's like a little whirlpool in there. Thought it was very hard to keep it that way. The moment I lose even a little bit of my concentration it just goes wherever and however it wants."
[break][break]
Uka decided to try a few more times, but the result was the same, the moment her concentration wavered even a little bit, the tightly knitted chakra just went in all the possible directions in her body.
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 231
[break]

Lavender WingsOct 10, 2023 14:37:27 GMT -5
Ishikawa Ren
Ishikawa Ren Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
     "Good, good!" Ren affirmed while clapping. He smiled widely, then twirled some of his hair in his fingers. "Concentration, huh?"

"Well, it'll never be perfect, but part of the concentration is making sure you're in a good place mentally as well as physically." he said with a calm smile and a tap on his head. "Course, I can't really help with that. But it's good to keep in mind."

"'Sides, your concentration doesn't have to be perfect right now. Just let it -" he vacillated with his hand. "- um, be smooth." It wasn't a very good explanation, since Ren wasn't really an expert on control. So long as Uka continued to abide by the fundamentals though, it'd be only a matter of time before she mastered it.

Ren picked up the kunai, then held it upright. "You only need good concentration for the few seconds it takes to perform the jutsu, anyway! Let's give it a try!"

He attempted the jutsu himself, running his tightly wound chakra around and then performing the technique as he understood it. It was a poor attempt though, merely slightly altering the surface of the kunai for a moment. Still, Ren smiled and put his kunai away and then gestured for Uka to try it herself.

| 210 words
Lavender WingsOct 16, 2023 5:01:33 GMT -5
Yugao Uka
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Uka took in Ren's advice and demonstration, feeling more determined and hopeful. His support and patience were invaluable to her learning process. She considered his emphasis on maintaining a good mental state, realizing that calmness was essential for controlling her chakra effectively. With a thoughtful nod, she acknowledged Ren's guidance. "You're right, Ren-san. I'll work on my concentration and try to stay in a good place mentally."
[break][break]
Ren's explanation about letting the concentration be smooth, although somewhat vague, made sense to her. She understood that she didn't have to be overly rigid, but rather find a balance that allowed her to control her chakra smoothly. Uka watched as Ren performed the Surface Dyeing jutsu, altering the kunai's surface briefly. While it might have been a modest attempt by his standards, it was a helpful example for her.
[break][break]
"Thank you for the demonstration," Uka said with a smile, her confidence boosted. She took a deep breath, focused her chakra, and held the kunai in her hand. With a sense of determination, she attempted the jutsu, visualizing the tight spiral of chakra and trying to transfer it smoothly onto the kunai's surface. It was challenging, and her concentration wavered, but she was making progress, even if it was slight.
[break][break]
She looked to Ren for feedback, hoping she was getting closer to mastering the technique.
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 222
[break]

Lavender WingsOct 19, 2023 5:56:17 GMT -5
Ishikawa Ren
Ishikawa Ren Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
     Ren pointed a finger at her kunai. "Look!" he called out softly, with a grin. The surface was veiled, though imperfectly, but it was covered and had changed to match the appearance she wanted.

"That's good!" he said. She pretty much had it, as far as he was concerned. With only a little more practice, on her own or not, she'd easily have the technique down.

"It could maybe use a little more work," Ren told her truthfully. "but I think you've got the basics down. That's all you really need anyway: the basics. Get those down and you can work your way up to anything!"

Ren pocketed his kunai and pushed himself up to his feet. "Uka, right?" he said, bowing slightly. "I've got to run now, but I'd love to help you more - if you ever need it." He looked around.

"I come through here pretty often, so we could meet here - or at the training grounds -" He pointed in the direction he'd come from. "- or down by the pond there."

Ren rubbed the back of his neck. He still felt a little off teaching other people. He was confident enough in himself, but had never really thought of himself as a teacher up to this point - just as a learner. Still, it felt nice. He smiled down at Uka and gave her a wave before he turned and headed off to his own training session.

Exit Thread
| 238 words
last edit by Ishikawa Ren on Oct 19, 2023 5:57:50 GMT -5
Lavender WingsOct 20, 2023 0:41:42 GMT -5
Yugao Uka
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Uka's eyes widened with surprise and delight when Ren pointed out the change on her kunai. She couldn't help but break into a wide smile. "I did it!" she exclaimed, her joy evident in her voice. The imperfections didn't bother her; the fact that she had achieved some level of success was a great confidence booster.
[break][break]
"Thank you, Ren-san," Uka expressed her gratitude genuinely. "Your guidance and patience made all the difference. I'll definitely practice more and aim to perfect it."
[break][break]
As Ren explained the importance of mastering the basics, Uka nodded in agreement. "I'll remember that, focus on the fundamentals. You're a great teacher, Ren-san. I'd love to learn more from you in the future."
[break][break]
As Ren mentioned the possibility of future meetups, Uka's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Absolutely, Ren-san! I'd be honored to learn from you again. This garden, the training grounds, and the pond all sound like excellent places to meet. Just let me know, and I'll be there."
[break][break]
She watched as Ren prepared to leave for his own training, feeling genuinely grateful for the help he had offered. "Good luck with your training, Ren-san," she said with a friendly smile and a wave. "And thank you again for your assistance today."
[break][break]
- E N D -
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 205
[break]