The Hard Part is Finishing It

compose a reply
The Hard Part is Finishing ItSept 26, 2023 7:58:18 GMT -5
Ishikawa Ren
Do every act as though it were the last.
Ishikawa Ren Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday November 23rd rank Chuunin occupation Lord's Assistant
     Sweat ran down Ren's cheek. He wiped it with the back of his hand. Thump, thump, thump. His heart pounded as he jogged down the path that led through Amegakure's training areas. It'd already been a good few hours of intense exercise: Ren didn't tire easily.

Real, taxing hard work was something that Ren found to be in shorter supply here than it had been in the countryside. He was conscious to keep his body in good shape, but it helped that he wasn't prone to excesses of any kind. He could be a ravenous eater, of course, but he always found a way to burn off the calories.

Besides, it could be fun in its own right. And it gave him plenty of time to think about whatever he wished: in this case he'd been making a mental catalogue of all the jutsu he wished to learn in preparation for the Chuunin Exams. It seemed there was always more to learn than he had time for, but Ren could only plan for the immediate future. He hoped his genjutsu and fuinjutsu teachers would have time for him.

Ren slowed as he turned the corner, coming onto a path that ran parallel with two of the larger training grounds. Ahead, he saw a young boy with blue hair. Academy Student? Ren thought. Or, maybe a young Genin - though I've not seen him before. He picked up speed and caught up to the boy.

"Hey!" he huffed. "Academy student?" Ren said, taking a second to catch his breath. The cold breeze chilled the sweat on his forehead. "Are you an Academy Student? My name is Ishikawa Ren, Genin." he introduced himself while giving Shiori a bow-like nod.

| 286 words
Phantasm has written 210 posts
The Hard Part is Finishing ItOct 12, 2023 2:55:30 GMT -5
Susanō Shiori
"Never give up! Never surrender!"
Susanō Shiori Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age birthday December 23rd rank Academy Student occupation
[googlefont=Old Standard TT][newclass=".opunkimainrule"]width: 400px; background: #4FB9C4; margin: auto; border-radius: 4px; text-align: center; padding-bottom: 25px;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkiaccentwalk"]height: 100px; width: 400px; background: #4FB9C4; border-bottom: 4px solid #000; border-radius: 4px 4px 0 0; overflow: hidden;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkifirstlinerule"]padding-top: 36px; padding-right: 30px; text-align: right; padding-left: 104px; font-family: Charmonman; font-size: 25px; color: #fff; text-transform: lowercase; line-height: 25px; height: 25px;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkisecondlinerule"]height: 12px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; color: #fff; font-family: Old Standard TT; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; padding-right: 30px;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkiimagerule"]width: 150px; height: 150px; border: 4px solid #000; border-radius: 50%; background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/wpMxfsZ/casp.png'); float: left; margin-top: -81px; margin-left: -54px; overflow: hidden;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkiimagerule:hover"]transition: 2s; transform: rotate(360deg);[/newclass][newclass=".opunkihovernamerule"]transition: 0.5s; opacity: 0; width: 150px; height: 150px; background: rgba(255,255,255,0.75);[/newclass][newclass=".opunkiimagerule:hover .opunkihovernamerule"]opacity: 1;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkinamerule"]line-height: 150px; text-transform :uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; font-size: 11px; font-family: calibri; color: #000;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkiimagerule:hover .opunkinamerule"]transition: 2s; transform: rotate(-360deg);[/newclass][newclass=".opunkicountrule"]display: inline-block; padding: 5px; border: 2px solid #000; background: #4FB9C4; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: Calibri; position: relative; top: -13px; color: #fff;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkibulkrule"]margin: 0 25px; margin-top: 1px; border-right: 2px solid #000; padding-right: 10px; text-align: justify; color: #fff; font-size: 10px; line-height: 15px; font-family: verdana; padding-bottom: 5px;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkitagsrule"]display: inline-block; float: right; padding: 5px; background: #4FB9C4; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; font-family: calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #ffffff; margin-right: 10px; margin-top: -5px;[/newclass]
[attr=class,opunkimainrule]
[attr=class,opunkiaccentwalk]
[attr=class,opunkifirstlinerule]If I work hard enough
[attr=class,opunkisecondlinerule]i can fly to even greater heights

[attr=class,opunkiimagerule]
[attr=class,opunkihovernamerule]
[attr=class,opunkinamerule]Susanō Shiori
[attr=class,opunkicountrule]words: ####
[attr=class,opunkibulkrule]To say things were going smoothly for Shiori was an overstatement. How was one supposed to perfect chakra control? He had tried the meditating that Junichi had suggested and he even tried creating clones with Uka over and over again, but things weren't working out how he expected them to be. Was he just too impatient? What could he not be wrapping his head around to get his control in check? Shiori grew frustrated every day as he tried to control his chakra to a fine-tuned point, he always felt like something was off, but he never could figure out what.

Today he would be meditating in one of the training grounds, well at least for now, to see if maybe doing reps of both would work. Switching between meditation and then suddenly constantly draining his chakra with clones to try and fine-tune his control. It wasn't perfect but it at the very least felt right to Shiori. Probably wasn't a correct method, but if the methods others taught him weren't working he had to figure out his way or method.

Sighing Shiori got up from his meditation and stretched his arms and legs. The whole ordeal of clearing one's mind was getting a tad easier each time he did it, but the constant sitting still always bothered him. Shiori liked movement and was normally on the go and he certainly didn't want to atrophy away just because he wasn't doing any real physical exercise. However, that thought would have to wait for later when he would find himself not alone in the training yard anymore. An older much taller male greeted him asking him if he was an academy student to which Shiori would smile brightly despite his previous frustrations and respond with, "Susano Shiori and yes I am an academy student." He would of course bow back to the older male as he did for him.

[attr=class,opunkitagsrule]@ tags here
template by punki
Elumenate has written 47 posts
The Hard Part is Finishing ItOct 19, 2023 6:25:19 GMT -5
Ishikawa Ren
Ishikawa Ren Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday November 23rd rank Chuunin occupation Lord's Assistant
     Ren looked around at the training grounds. It was a little clearing of dirt, surrounded by trees that bounded it in like a giant green fence. He always had liked how green it was in most of Arashi no Kuni and Amegakure, even if he'd never really known anything else.

Still, it felt natural and just... right. Certainly more right than the pictures he had seen of the some of the more southern nations, and Sunagakure. Still, those desert dunes had there own allure. Ren hoped one day he'd be able to explore those old, ancient cities buried in the sand.

He looked back at the boy. Young, maybe just barely a teenager. The blue hair and eyes still seemed a little out of place to Ren, who'd spent most of his life surrounded entirely by people with his own plain black-and-black. He ran a hand through his thick locks, then wiped sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. His breathing had calmed now.

"Shiori, huh." There didn't seem to be any kind of training equipment around, or any obvious sign as to what the boy had been doing before Ren showed up. Must be some sort of jutsu. "What're you doing out here? Practicing a jutsu?"

| 210 words
last edit by Ishikawa Ren on Oct 19, 2023 6:25:35 GMT -5
The Hard Part is Finishing ItDec 20, 2023 21:28:44 GMT -5
Susanō Shiori
Susanō Shiori Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[googlefont=Old Standard TT][newclass=".opunkimainrule"]width: 400px; background: #4FB9C4; margin: auto; border-radius: 4px; text-align: center; padding-bottom: 25px;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkiaccentwalk"]height: 100px; width: 400px; background: #4FB9C4; border-bottom: 4px solid #000; border-radius: 4px 4px 0 0; overflow: hidden;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkifirstlinerule"]padding-top: 36px; padding-right: 30px; text-align: right; padding-left: 104px; font-family: Charmonman; font-size: 25px; color: #fff; text-transform: lowercase; line-height: 25px; height: 25px;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkisecondlinerule"]height: 12px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; color: #fff; font-family: Old Standard TT; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; padding-right: 30px;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkiimagerule"]width: 150px; height: 150px; border: 4px solid #000; border-radius: 50%; background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/wpMxfsZ/casp.png'); float: left; margin-top: -81px; margin-left: -54px; overflow: hidden;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkiimagerule:hover"]transition: 2s; transform: rotate(360deg);[/newclass][newclass=".opunkihovernamerule"]transition: 0.5s; opacity: 0; width: 150px; height: 150px; background: rgba(255,255,255,0.75);[/newclass][newclass=".opunkiimagerule:hover .opunkihovernamerule"]opacity: 1;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkinamerule"]line-height: 150px; text-transform :uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; font-size: 11px; font-family: calibri; color: #000;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkiimagerule:hover .opunkinamerule"]transition: 2s; transform: rotate(-360deg);[/newclass][newclass=".opunkicountrule"]display: inline-block; padding: 5px; border: 2px solid #000; background: #4FB9C4; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: Calibri; position: relative; top: -13px; color: #fff;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkibulkrule"]margin: 0 25px; margin-top: 1px; border-right: 2px solid #000; padding-right: 10px; text-align: justify; color: #fff; font-size: 10px; line-height: 15px; font-family: verdana; padding-bottom: 5px;[/newclass][newclass=".opunkitagsrule"]display: inline-block; float: right; padding: 5px; background: #4FB9C4; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; font-family: calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #ffffff; margin-right: 10px; margin-top: -5px;[/newclass]

[attr=class,opunkibulkrule]"Not exactly though I guess I could do that again," Shiori would respond thinking of the clone training he did with Uka since he did get some form of training from it even if it might have not been the most effective training session. Though maybe this guy could provide him with some new information on how to train it that was different from what Junichi taught him. "I was meditating to learn how to control my chakra and fine-tune that accuracy, but it's so difficult to just sit down and do nothing for hours on end," Shiori would say being honest about what he had been training.

Stretching his arms while he spoke Shiori tried getting rid of the aches of sitting still for so long before continuing, "I have also done the method of using one's chakra till your empty by repetitive use of the same jutsu to refine the amount used with each attempt and while that might have been more effective in my training it still doesn't feel like I'm doing it exactly right." Looking towards the other boy this time with eyes of wonder he would ask, "Do you have any tips and tricks on how to train one's chakra control that might prove beneficial to me?"

template by punki
The Hard Part is Finishing ItDec 27, 2023 7:57:40 GMT -5
Ishikawa Ren
Ishikawa Ren Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
     "Well," he said while pinching his ear, "I'm not the best at chakra control." He reminisced back to when he was put through the ringer for the same thing, during his brief stint in the academy and by his mentors. "But the whole 'use it till it's gone' thing never worked very well for me. I preferred fundamentals and theory."

"It can be pretty hard to explain - but I'll tell you what I told Uka, more or less," he said, unsure if the boy would even know who she was. "It starts when you begin melding your physical and spiritual energies together to get chakra. So I like to start there."

"If your very fundamentals are shot, it won't even matter when you go to make a jutsu - you'll already be worse off on your reserves. So when you first mold chakra, you've got to make sure you do so as tightly as possible." His explanation was a little vague and esoteric - but any shinobi would understand the gist of it. Ren crouched and formed a handseal to mold his own chakra in order to train it in tandem with the academy student - could never hurt to brush up on the basics.

| 202 words
The Hard Part is Finishing ItApr 12, 2024 1:53:50 GMT -5
Susanō Shiori
Susanō Shiori Avatar
groupRain Shinobi

[attr=class,opunkibulkrule]Shiori wasn't sure what to make of his possible new instructor on chakra control especially since it sounded like they might take a similar approach to his first instructor. Still, it couldn't help to try this method again and with the fact Ren mentioned Uka, it did make Shiori somewhat intrigued about the lesson. After all, he did some practicing of his chakra control while teaching Uka one of her academy techniques so maybe if this guy could teach her he could teach him!

He talked about fundamentals which Shiori was somewhat sure he understood thanks to his lesson with Junichi, but it couldn't help to have a refresher as maybe there was something he missed in that lesson. Yet when he spoke of molding it was basically the same thing he was taught before. How boring! Still, he was willing to help him out so he couldn't just push his advice away so Shiori decided he would listen and try the molding again. Putting the chakra into his hands as he had been doing before he would focus to try and make it as stabilized as he could. It was better than his initial time doing it with Junichi, but it still lacked full form to be completely controlled so Shiori would look at Ren with eyes that basically were pleading for information.

template by punki