Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]

compose a reply
Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]Sept 30, 2023 11:31:55 GMT -5
raika hyuga
"If they tell you no, do it anyway."
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday June 13th 1001 rank Chuunin occupation ANBU Black Ops
376 words

A loud official - D-rank mission - 1/10 total posts
D-rank EXP training - 1/8 posts

Raika paces back and forth just outside of the village square, a place normally used to make announcements to the rest of the neighborhood in that particular part of the village, wondering what exactly they should do to this official that was spreading lies about Keisuke, the Hokage that had been the one to welcome her back to the village after such a long "vacation" in Kawa. She'd barely met the Hokage himself, but he seemed like a well enough man, and even if the rumors the official was spreading were true, she didn't really need to know about what the village leadership did in their spare time, even if the cow- No, that rumor definitely had to be a lie. She'd decided to involve a fellow Genin outside of her own team for this mission, and had picked one out at random from a list of the team composition sheets, sending a message to meet the Hyuuga at around this time and at about this place, although the black-haired ninja had gotten to the meeting location quite a bit early.

"Hmmmmm... I feel like it'd be easiest to convince him with violence... But if he shows up anywhere with a black eye, they might think he's telling the truth, since that'd lend way too much credibility to what he's saying..."

For Raika at least, this was a conundrum. At the very least, she'd decided not to wear her village headband tied loosely around her neck, as she normally would. It was instead hidden in the deep pockets of her black coveralls, though she only wore the bottom half of them with the upper half tied around her waist. Instead, the upper half of her body was wearing a black tank top. Her straight black hair was still tied in a ponytail behind her head with a lock of hair over the right side of her face, and her amaranthine eyes might give away who she was, as if her muscular body and her intense height of 6'3" wouldn't give her away long before then. Her combat boots are also clomping against the ground with each step, but at least the Hung Gar rings around her wrists and her ankles wasn't making too much noise.

by Pinn @ THQ
Babs has written 255 posts
Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]Oct 3, 2023 23:06:52 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team Member

It had been a while since Tokaku went on a mission. She would be fine though. It was a rather simple mission that shouldn't take too long to figure out. They just had to stop a nobleman from spreading negative rumors about their Hokage, Keisuke-sama. Tokaku was a tad bit late when meeting them, but otherwise was ready to work. It was nice to be around another woman that was not only close to her height but two inches taller than the Uchiha. It was a nice change of pace. It was also nice to be around another Hyuuga clan member. Speaking of, she wondered whatever happened to Shigure-sama. She hadn't seen him in a while. She hopes he was doing okay.

She had her hands in her pockets while Raika explained her thoughts on how to handle the matter. "I could use genjutsu to prevent him from moving… From there we can tie him up and carry him into custody using wire." Tokaku said, giving a quick idea in response to the rundown of the situation. "I wonder why he is spreading rumors around. I think Hokage-sama is doing well. At least far better than the worthless disgrace that was the last Hokage." Tokaku added. "Either way, let's try to finish this quickly, I want to grab lunch…" She stated in her usual monotone, uncaring voice.

------------

OOC:

Tag: @
Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Jutsu Used:

Ember has written 177 posts
Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]Oct 4, 2023 9:33:25 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
403 words

A LOUD OFFICIAL - D-RANK MISSION - 3/10 TOTAL POSTS
D-RANK EXP TRAINING - 2/8 POSTS

Raika considers the use of Genjutsu, a style of fighting she'd never really had much interest in, but when Tokaku mentions that she'd be able to use one that could prevent this odd man from moving, the Hyuuga quite suddenly decides that she's going to need to learn about any method to counteract such a combat method in the future, or she's going to be woefully inept during the Chuunin Exams. There's bound to be at least someone in the Chuunin Exams with a similar skillset, and she's never even seen it used before. At the same time, and maybe because she wants to see it used to maybe determine how she might learn to recognize it, she agrees to the plan to put him under Genjutsu and tie him up.

"Now that sounds like a plan! Good thinking Tokaku. We might have to get him into a dark alley or somewhere else that's a little less public before we start tying him up, though. If your Genjutsu can keep him still, can you lead him somewhere else with it, too?"

After this suggestion, she also considers why the once-proud official would do this kind of thing, but she remembers hearing something about him in passing... After all, the Hyuuga are always involved in some way with political needling and positioning, though Raika herself was never personally interested in such boring conversation.

"I think... He wasn't very good at his job and then he got fired or something? I don't know and it doesn't really interest me."

That last bit was only a little bit of a lie, because she at least knew the Hokage before Keisuke had, in fact, become a member of the council; it had been a little bit of a shock that she wasn't welcomed back by the same Hokage that had approved her going to Kawa on her first mission as a kind of diplomacy mission, but by this strange man instead, but she'd certainly heard that he was good in his new role.

"I'd be careful who you say that to. The Nanadaime Hokage is technically still on the council."

That said, Raika makes sure her Hung Gar rings are securely fastened when she notices that official walking near them, but she pretends not to notice, acting as though she was far more interested in the weighted rings on her wrists as the old man passed them.

by Pinn @ THQ
Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]Oct 5, 2023 22:21:40 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku observed the slightly taller Hyuuga, noticing she was probably thinking about the concept of genjutsu. This was not too unordinary as while everyone was taught the concept, not many truly understood the might of genjutsu. To a lot of people it was either pointless parlor tricks or too complicated so it wasn't worth it. When Raika finally told her what she thought of Tokaku's plan and would answer her concerns. "First, don't fret over genjutsu too much, especially with your Byakugan. If you need a proper lesson about it, please feel free to contact me later and I'll teach you ways to help defend yourself from genjutsu." She began to explain, her hands still in her pockets.

"Don't worry, I thought about that too. So, we're going to go to the alley. Once there, use your Byakugan to try to scope him out for starters. Once he's located, you can use the transformation technique. No offense, but he might run if confronted by a tall, buff Hyuuga woman. Act and transform into a hot and smaller version of yourself as a reporter. Just remember to hide your Byakugan with the transformation as well." She continued to explain carefully.

"If you think you need my help, let me know and I'll go with you, also transformed as another newspaper reporter. Either way, we're gonna have to convince him that we're gonna report on the scandalous Hokage-sama. Expose him in a newspaper. But, we'll also explain that we wouldn't want to talk in public, so we'll take him to a private place to discuss the "rumors". From there, I can cast a genjutsu and we'll have him captured for questioning. The rest would be easy. Does that sound good, Raika-chan?" Tokaku explained the full details of the plan, speaking quietly as she could so no one could eavesdrop on their scheme.

"Now… We should get started if that's the plan we're going with." She finished, giving Raika a nearly foolproof plan of action.

TAG: @
HEX: #b54a50
NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]
The girl unlocked her Sharingan after teammates died in the last chuunin exams she was in, her mother died after the chuunin exams ended. The trauma has given her One Tomoe in both of her eyes. They allow her to see chakra in color, although not as good as a Byakugan. It also gives her a better view of the actions of her opponent, although not as good as a Two or Three Tomoe Sharingan. It can help her keep track of movements well enough to aid her in combat, nonetheless.

Chakra Control
Tokaku always had good chakra control and only perfected it as she’s now gotten older. It helps her keep up with the toll of jutsus, by using almost just the right amount of chakra.

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

last edit by Uchiha Tokaku on Oct 5, 2023 22:22:36 GMT -5
Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]Oct 6, 2023 9:37:14 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
470 words

A LOUD OFFICIAL - D-RANK MISSION - 5/10 TOTAL POSTS
D-RANK EXP TRAINING - 3/8 POSTS

Raika is honestly a little bit surprised, and it shows on her face, when Tokaku suggests that they could spend some time training in her defense against Genjutsu, She'd probably been of the opinion that most people who practice Genjutsu wouldn't take too kindly to having the secrets of their illusion techniques poked and prodded, much less trained against for the purpose of defeating Genjutsu, but after first blush, it makes sense to her again. The only way the Hyuuga improved on their use of the Gentle Fist was in practicing it with one another, and one could think of the village of Konoha as if it were one large clan. There might be a bit of infighting, but ultimately, Konoha ninja wanted to improve other Konoha ninja in general.

"I'll take you up on that sometime, for sure!"

The rest of the conversation is focused on their methods of taking care of this ex-official, and the plan is sound by the Hyuuga's estimation, so she activates her Byakugan and then performs the three handseals for the Transformation Technique meticulously. With her intense focus, she manages to transform into a somewhat shorter version of herself, with a kind of suit nobody would have been able to force her to wear, in particular one with a skirt of all things, and she was even wearing make-up in this disguise. Her muscle tone was also incredibly downgraded, so she looked quite a lot less like an Amazon and far more like she uses her hands exclusively to write It's just in time, too, because the official had only just turned the corner, with her Byakugan eyes still tracking his movements. Of course, she'd made sure to let her transformed suit be slightly more open than was really necessary. She gives Tokaku a quick thumbs up before running off after him, although she even changes the way she would have normally run, with her legs kicking below the knees and her arms up by her shoulders; it was the kind of run a prissy woman might employ.

"Aritako-san!~ Hold on!~ I'm with the Konoha Chronicle. I've heard you've got some information that I've really just got to get my hands on.~"

She might be hamming it up a little, but with her tone, she makes it sound like the information isn't the only thing she's trying to get her hands on as she finally reaches him with her ridiculous run. The transformed Raika then takes his hand, holding it gently but quite firmly.

"Oh, but listening ears are everywhere! Come with me into this alley, I can't risk someone else getting this scoop!"

With that, the Genin practically drags the official away from the more crowded street and into an alleyway between two shops, pulling him quite a deep distance into the shadows.

by Pinn @ THQ
Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]Oct 6, 2023 21:53:13 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"I'll have time tomorrow, if you want. However, I can give you free advice on it, for me now. According to Hyuuga I've known, you actually have a built-in way of detecting genjutsu–" She paused for a second to raise a finger and pointed around her temple, more specifically towards her eyes. "It's your eyes– your clan's Byakugan." She quickly explained before walking backwards to lean against the wall, crossing her arms. She watched her use the Byakugan, the veins around her eyes bulging out. Personally, she was glad that her Sharingan didn't do that when she activated it. It wouldn't take long for Raika to find the foolish rumor and lies spreader.

Then she used transformation jutsu to turn into a news reporter that was easy on the eyes. Perfect. "Good job, Raika-chan. I'll wait here for you." Tokaku stated calmly as she slipped her hands into her pockets as she waited, leaning against the wall behind her. It wouldn't take too long as Raika-chan would bring the nobleman into the alleyway. Tokaku would grin behind her mask, her eyes looking pleased but devious as she gave a quick wave before doing a single handseal, which would practically make him unable to move. "Sorry, Aritako-san. But, we got a job to do. Hang tight." She said as the man was frozen in place, Tokaku pulled out some wire and shurikens, while also activating her Sharingan.

Quickly she threw them making them all miss but she started moving her hands to make the wires wrap him up nice and tight. After that, she would cut the shurikens free with a kunai before finishing knotting the wire up firmly but not enough to harm him. Just to keep him from moving. "Alright… Mind picking him up and taking him where we need to?" Tokaku asked as she placed her shuriken and excess wire back into her pouch.

NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

NAME: Atorasu no Futan [Atlas' Burden]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Medium | To Maintain: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 1
TRIGGER: Visual
DESCRIPTION:
This technique causes the target(s) to feel as if they have suddenly had a vast amount of weight, to the point where their body feels as if it might give out to the strain at any moment. Due to this the target(s) are often tricked into moving much more slow and deliberately in the real world where the user can take advantage of their more limited mobility. The technique is triggered by the target(s) seeing the user render a handseal.

last edit by Uchiha Tokaku on Oct 6, 2023 21:55:46 GMT -5
Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]Oct 7, 2023 10:41:58 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
421 words

A LOUD OFFICIAL - D-RANK MISSION - 7/10 TOTAL POSTS

Raika quickly steps back from the man when she can see through her Byakugan that Tokaku is approaching them, allowing the ex-official to be caught in her Genjutsu quite easily. Afterwards, ensuring that he won't be going anywhere fast, she watches how the Uchiha wraps him up with ninja wire, using shuriken guided by wire to wrap him up before knotting the wires together and fully capturing the man. She was momentarily considering the fact that her Byakugan was capable of seeing most Genjutsu, and she can see that this is the case, and she can even tell that the official is still under a Genjutsu by the way his chakra network looks to have become somewhat haphazard, thanks to Tokaku's own chakra interfering with the way some of his chakra is moving. While she can see the usefulness in knowing when someone is put under a Genjutsu, even herself, she doesn't find that much more helpful in breaking out of a Genjutsu. She'll have to think on it before they do some training tomorrow, but it's at least a boon most other people don't seem to have access to.

Funny enough, as Tokaku thinks about Raika's own appearance changing when she activates Byakugan, she can also see the chakra practically burning through Tokaku's eyes while her own Byakugan is activated, and while Raika's veins bulging out might seem quite ugly to the Uchiha, the dual spotlights of an Uchiha activating their Sharingan is quite a signature for the Hyuuga.

"Uff. Can't believe you're asking another woman to do all the hard work..."

She plays up the act of the ditzy little reporter, putting the back of her hand to her forehead as though she's about to faint, but then she ends the Transformation technique, seeming to suddenly become a woman that's even taller than Tokaku and certainly more heavily built in the musculature department in a puff of smoke. She easily takes the official over her shoulder in a fireman's carry before taking him deeper into the alleyway, where a few more side streets converge into a slightly more open form of "courtyard", though that would have been a joke, since the only thing growing back here was the pile of refuse. Raika throws him onto the trash pile, then glares at the man menacingly, though she had no real desire to cause him further harm, at least for now.

"Y'know, it'd be real easy to make him shut up for good. Swallowing teeth makes it real hard to talk..."

by Pinn @ THQ
Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]Oct 8, 2023 19:31:55 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku could tell that the Hyuuga was already seeing what she told Raika about genjutsu. She was seeing the disturbance in the chakra of the man they had tied up. She also took notice of the woman taking note of her Sharingan. She didn't really react to her trying to play up the dramatic reporter before changing back into her normal Amazonian self. Tokaku shoved her hands back into her pockets as she followed Raika, using the alleyways as cover before they reached a courtyard that was rather empty. Once he was placed down, she would release her jutsu, allowing him to not feel like gravity was trying to crush him, this rendering him immobile.

"We could, but then he'd have more evidence and reasoning to spread such lies like the petty fool he is." Tokaku explained before getting closer to him, giving him a glare that she inherited from her father, Hatake Toshizou– Demon of the Fleeting Blossom. A councilman who could scare people with a simple glare. The man probably saw her father plenty of times. He'd probably recognize her as his daughter if he looked closely. "You have a few options, Aritako-san. First we can simply take you to the Hokage and you'll probably get a large fine for slander. Or… I can let you go." Tokaku started.

"If I let you go, you can go to the Hokage and beg for his forgiveness. He may let you off easier. Or you can continue to spread lies and I'll take it upon myself to put you under a genjutsu so terrifying you'd have nightmares for months. Perhaps years. You'll be so crazy from the experience, no one would believe the ramblings of the insane." Tokaku admitted with such uncaring and coldness, it could be felt in the air. "Which do you choose, Aritako-san?" She said with her glare, her Sharingan activating again to further sell her threat.

NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]Oct 10, 2023 9:56:00 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
365 words

A LOUD OFFICIAL - D-RANK MISSION - 9/10 TOTAL POSTS

Raika stands back and lets Tokaku do most of the work; after all, Raika really was mostly just the muscle, and she wasn't quite as clever when it comes to verbal or mental intimidation. Her muscles did most of the work for her, and when she does use her brain, it's usually about how best to beat the snot out of an opponent. This verbal jousting was typically beyond the Hyuuga, which might explain why she was exiled to Kawa by her own clan. She was therefore a bit surprised watching Tokaku work, even if it was through the view offered by her Byakugan rather than with her actual eyes. She had decided to keep her clan's doujutsu activated in order to keep an eye on anyone that might peek down an alley and get just the smallest glance of what was going on, but it seems like most people didn't really want to even see what might be happening deep in a dark alleyway, even if they might have seen the trio during their conversation. It certainly helps that both women could tower over the sitting magistrate, even if he had been standing, and so obscured the view for anyone else that happened to pass by.

"Man, what options. I'd hate to be in the hot seat like you are, Aritako."

The official, to his credit, doesn't quite weep like a helpless beggar, though he visibly comes close as he struggles uselessly against the bindings around his arms that make it physically impossible for him to get up onto his feet on his trash pile. Raika even takes a moment to put one booted foot on his shoulder, ensuring he stays in place by pinning him down like an insect in an entomologist's insect mounting board.

"Okay, buddy. The lady with the scary red eyes is asking you a question. I highly suggest an answer."

With few options remaining for him, he seems desperate to go to the Hokage and plea for forgiveness himself, and Raika pulls her boot off of his shoulder, but doesn't untie him just yet, waiting to see what Tokaku wants to do now that he's actually picked an option.

by Pinn @ THQ
Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]Oct 11, 2023 21:51:20 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku did learn how to intimidate from her father. While she didn't always like it, she was nearly as good as he was at it. She knew he could practically feel the cruel intent flowing off of her. It wasn't honest or real however, just a very convincing bluff. It was enough however. His eyes would dance between the two before giving a nod after a few minutes of getting ready to start shaking. He didn't need to voice his answer. It was written on his face and body, her Sharingan could tell this was going to be the last baseless rumor he'd spread.

She closed her eyes, deactivating her Sharingan. Pulling out her kunai, she swiftly cut the wires and would let him scamper off, babbling in fear with his tail between his legs. She sighed, twirling her kunai before placing it back in her pouch. "We're done here then. Let's report the mission as a success. Afterwards, we can go get ramen or something." Tokaku said plainly as she placed her hands back into her pockets, walking past Raika-chan as she made her way outside of the alley.

NOTES:

Special Abilities:

Sharingan [1 Tomoe]

Chakra Control

Weapons Used:

Jutsu Used:

last edit by Uchiha Tokaku on Oct 11, 2023 21:51:59 GMT -5
Loose Lips End Up Bleeding [Mission][Uchiha Tokaku]Oct 12, 2023 9:18:36 GMT -5
raika hyuga
raika hyuga Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
202 words

A LOUD OFFICIAL - D-RANK MISSION - COMPLETE
exit thread

Raika finally relaxes when the official seems to finally break completely and she watches Tokaku unwrap him from the steel wires that had kept him in place by slicing them off with a kunai, and she deactivates her Byakugan, She still watches him as he runs off, feeling fairly accomplished with the mission since the official actually seems to be having something rather similar to a breakdown. The Genin turns her eyes to look at her teammate for this mission out of the corner when she suggests they turn the mission in and then perhaps go out and get some ramen. Her stomach grumbles a little, and she can't help but to laugh at the sound reminding her that she's worked up a bit of an appetite.

"Yeah, sure, you're on. Good job with the Genjutsu and wrapping the guy up."

The Hyuuga follows Tokaku's lead out of the alleyway, somewhat avoiding looking at anyone else for the moment. Her hands slip down into the pockets of her coveralls, whistling a melodious tune through her lips with each step while she makes her way through the crowd, looking somewhat like a giant oak in the middle of a bunch of swaying grass.

by Pinn @ THQ