ROUTE 1 - On the Road to Yuki no Kuni

compose a reply
ROUTE 1 - On the Road to Yuki no KuniOct 8, 2023 17:03:56 GMT -5
Exousia
Kermit is the only frog you need.
Exousia Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 30 years old birthday rank occupation NPC Mod
Todo was not, by nature, a violent man. He had the capacity for violence, great and terrible violence, but it was not his normal reaction to conflict. He preferred to talk, to reason, to negotiate with those whom he came up against- not because he was afraid of being hurt, but because he did not wish to hurt. He had tried to instill that same philosophy into his daughter, Mito, but she had taken after her uncle more than him- impulsive, brash, prone to bouts of acting without thinking. Not stupid, but emotional, driven by the ebb and flow of feelings rather than logic.

"I saw the fight.” He said as the blonde haired girl placed his daughter on the ground, clearly afraid- as she ought to be. . It was rare for him to want to act in anger as his brother did… but seeing the body of his little girl, broken and dying? That made him want to hurt. To kill, even. Only the stranger’s obvious reluctance at the beginning of the fight, and her clear worry over how it had escalated, kept her alive. That, and the fact that Mito needed a medic.

Todo knelt by Mito’s side once Fuu had stepped back, his coal-blue gaze never leaving the blonde’s face as he gently took hold of his girl’s chin, opening her mouth and pushing his forearm in, only to tweak her jaw shut, flooding her body with healing chakra. Almost immediately Mito began to breathe easier, her broken bones rapidly healing as her eyes fluttered open, surprised for a moment before she scrambled back, both embarrassed and afraid.

"Ugh! Dad! I hate it when you do that!” She said, not noticing Fuu at all as Todo stood, still staring at the blonde. He said nothing, but his intention was clear. Leave. Be grateful I do not take your life for what you did.

Pertinent Info
Todo
Specs: Ninjutsu (Med) Primary Or Ninjutsu (Med) Sole
SAs: Chakra Control, Medic SA
Jutsu Used:
NAME: Kami Kizu o Iyasu [Heal Bite]
CHAKRA USAGE: Self: Medium | Others: High
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Medical]
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
REQUIREMENT: Chakra Control SA, Chakra Ijou no Jutsu [Chakra transfer Technique]
DESCRIPTION: Kami Kizu o Iyasu can heal life-threatening injuries and restore the chakra of those healed through simply biting the user of this jutsu; since the medical chakra goes directly into the patient's body, it heals quite a bit faster than Shousen Jutsu [Mystical Palm Technique]. This technique, however, rapidly depletes the user's own chakra reserves as it simultaneously heals and reinvigorates whoever bites them, leaving them with a bite mark after each use that can take weeks to fade; when the user bites their own body they only receive the healing of the technique, which causes the jutsu to cost much less than it does to heal other people.

Other jutsu cannot be used at the same time as this jutsu.
has written 180 posts
ROUTE 1 - On the Road to Yuki no KuniOct 8, 2023 19:52:07 GMT -5
Fuu Kazama
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Fuu Kazama Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 24 years old birthday April 26th rank C-rank Nuke-nin occupation Tanjo Member
Man that guy sure was scary but I'm glad she's alright, I wonder if I'll see her on the way back home?

Fuu would try to speak and the man would only give her a few words telling her that he saw the fight, Fuu would gulp wondering what would become of her however he focused his attention on his daughter who would clamp down on his elbow and flood her system with chakra Fuu did not understand what was happening but saw that after a moment the girl would begin to breathe easier. Fuu would let out a sigh delighted to see that the girl was alright but would be told by the man who she now learned was the girls father that she needed to leave and that she should be grateful that he doesn't kill her.

The girl would nod and run off at top speed, using the [Accelerate] technique "I'm really sorry!" the girl would say as she trailed off making her way towards the smugglers den, the fight had cost her valuable time and not to mention the adrenaline from the battle had faded and the girl was feeling the effects of the burns a bit more now that rush of the fight was gone, she still had this feeling of anxiety overcoming her from the prolonged usage of the form even if it was for a short while she had exhausted herself to a slight degree.

With that however she'd head towards the smugglers Den arriving to see some of the pirates boarding some of the passengers onto their ships. She'd approach one of the men who seemed to be guarding the post, "E-excuse me, I need to see about catching a ferry to Yuki no Kuni have any of the ships headed off to port, I'm willing to pay my way on board." as she was instructed to do by the path finder however her ride may not be as direct as she would've liked but hopefully she could at least find something before some of the sailors left the port before it got too dark.

385 WORDS ● @npcexousia ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Meep has written 85 posts
ROUTE 1 - On the Road to Yuki no KuniOct 9, 2023 18:39:13 GMT -5
Exousia
Exousia Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
The rest of Fuu’s trip to the smugglers den went by without incident, her burns aching but not stopping the Woodsman from reaching her destination. There were a good seven ships in port at the moment, ranging in size from a simple sloop to a full-fledged galleon, but of the seven only one was actively boarding passengers of any sort, and so it was that, when the young woman asked her question, the man standing guard took one look at her and said, quite flatly, "Yah blind? The Silver Hand’s right bloody there.”

The man pointed to the ship in question with a jerk of his head, clearly annoyed at having his brooding time interrupted- though he did give the girl a double take once he caught sight of her burn. He didn’t say anything, but the injury was enough to put him on guard- and to have him quietly commit her face to memory, should he need to recognize her later. Still, he did nothing to hinder the blonde from reaching the ship, nor did any of the crew stop her should she try to board… though a fastidious looking man in a long, flowing robe was standing beside the only door to the lower deck, taking down names and handling ryo, while another man, taller and much broader in the shoulder, stood on the quarterdeck barking orders.

Either one was a potential way onto the ship… but who would Fuu speak to?

has written 180 posts
ROUTE 1 - On the Road to Yuki no KuniOct 10, 2023 17:48:38 GMT -5
Fuu Kazama
Fuu Kazama Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 24 years old birthday April 26th rank C-rank Nuke-nin occupation Tanjo Member
So we're on the road to Yuki no Kuni...I miss Miruko

As the girl arrived right as everyone was being allowed to board the ship she was told what the name of the ship was called and where she needed to head."The Silver hand huh...?" the girl would think as she looked up at the rather large ship on her way there she'd hear people being called too by a man at the lower deck and another man barking out orders from up top. She'd make her way on board to the lower deck seeing a man taking down names and would look towards the older gentlemen she wasn't entirely familiar with what exactly it was that needed to be done but figured this was the way to go about it.

The pathfinder informed her to only use her surname and call sign when needing to formally address someone else, since she didn't want to draw any attention to herself with her first name. "Sir my name is Kazama, I was just wondering is there anything I need to do to secure my passage on board the Silver hand, I've got Ryo if that'll do?"

The girl would ask wanting to make sure she wouldn't be making any unnecessary stops the girl was in a rush to get her job done and needed to make sure if there were any detours that she'd be able to denote them and get a message to the path finder to make sure she was made aware of everything.

She saw that he was handling Ryo and wondered if she ought to have her wallet ready but with how seedy this place seemed she didn't want to draw any unnecessary attention to herself even if the injury on her hand might've already been telling.

278 WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
ROUTE 1 - On the Road to Yuki no KuniOct 13, 2023 17:39:12 GMT -5
Exousia
Exousia Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
Geto looked up from his writing table at the blonde girl with a look of quiet, calculated disdain. She looked a rough one, with a bit more dust and grime on her than he would have liked aboard the ship- but he wasn’t in charge of such things, sadly. So, when Fuu gave her fake name, the man dutifully wrote it down on the ledger of passengers, scratching out the kanji as he extended his hand, the softest glint of enjoyment entering into his gaze. This was the only part of his job he enjoyed- but oh, how he enjoyed parting men and women of their hard earned ryo. "That will be two thousand one-hundred and sixty-eight ryo for the bed.”

Should the girl actually have the money to purchase her way aboard the ship, the man would dismiss her with a wave, gesturing towards the door beside him as if it were all the information she would need. And if she did not… well. He wouldn’t have to do much of anything. Not with a good dozen sailors within earshot who were more than willing to throw a person overboard once they got far enough from shore to be unswimmable.

"You can afford that, no?”

has written 180 posts
ROUTE 1 - On the Road to Yuki no KuniOct 13, 2023 18:52:09 GMT -5
Fuu Kazama
Fuu Kazama Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
So we're on the road to Yuki no Kuni...I miss Miruko

As the girl would make her way towards the man on the ship, he would remark the amount that the girl was going to need in order to get to her destination thankfully the pathfinder gave her a sizeable stipend for this particular mission, it was about 100 ryo less than the budget she was given which she was thankful for.

She'd remove the funds from her wallet and pass it off to the man and would look for a spot to call her own inside the room. "Here you are sir...Exact change." the girl would say as she made her way inside looking about to find somewhere to stow her belongings so that she could rest for the moment, it was something of a long ride to her destination provided everything went smoothly.

Once she found herself a bunk Fuu would keep to herself for the most part doing what she could to keep her belongings away from others tucking it beneath her bed. Inside of her backpack were mostly her clothes and her uniform along with a map of the Earth that she kept on her person whenever she got lost.

She'd occasionally also buy maps from smaller towns if she could and on some occasions would make her own maps fancying herself a cartographer as a hobby. She'd never actually been out to sea before so it was something of interesting experience she only wished that Moriko was around to experience it with her, hopefully they could be reunited soon.

236 WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
ROUTE 1 - On the Road to Yuki no KuniOct 15, 2023 15:58:51 GMT -5
Exousia
Exousia Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
Geto counted out the girl’s ryo meticulously, careful not to miss a single note, and only once he had made certain she had paid in full did he allow the blonde to go, his expression flat and professional. For all his meticulousness, however, he didn’t quite catch that Fuu’s name was a false one, nor did he bother checking her bags- to him, she was simply another passenger trying to get into Yuki no Kuni without having to go through official channels. Her reasons, her motivations, and even her fate were unimportant to him. He, and the crew, cared only for her money… though a few would likely be interested in the girl herself, should she prove available. Or weak.

Still, no one accosted her in the room, and only a handful of the other passengers so much as acknowledged her presence; this was a private lot, it seemed. Eventually, the ship set sail, carrying Fuu and its cargo with it, the crew moving about and scrambling like good sailors do. They were, at last, on the road to Yuki no Kuni.

fin

has written 180 posts