For The Living [Solo]

compose a reply
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:28:33 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 242 | notes
https://i.imgur.com/BZGL0PS.jpg

"Good morning, granny!”

Miroru scampered down the steps of the home she was staying in for the moment. Some assignments didn’t leave the luxury to stay close to home, and this one had her in a mountain village helping to watch the construction of a watchtower on the peak above the town. While not the same as the border village with much of Konohagakure’s efforts pouring into it, this, too, would be an important outpost for watching their borders for possible attack, a consideration that these days had to be taken far more seriously after the loss of one of the Leaf’s strongest.

The older lady, Mizuki, downstairs tittered at the cheerful girl bounding down the stairs, and finished setting out breakfast- fresh steamed rice, miso soup, and a smoky little grilled fish with a bit of furikake sprinkled on top. "Breakfast smells great, granny!” Mizuki- a retired kunoichi who had moved to the mountains for the fresh air to raise her family- smiled and patted her on the head. "It’s been some time since I’ve had someone to cook for besides myself. You just enjoy, okay? I’m going to go take my morning coffee in the back yard. You stay safe today, Uchiha-chan.”

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:29:18 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 259 | notes
"I tolf hyu… tho callf mmph Murruru,” the redhead protested from behind a mouthful of fish and rice. That just spurred a laugh, and a gentle chop to the top of her head. "No speaking with your mouth full, Miroru-chan,” Mizuki teased as she wandered out onto the patio to look out over the mountain slopes and drink her coffee.

From the front door, Miroru hurried out, stretching as she strapped on her backpack with its many pockets, slinging her gunbai onto its holding rope, securing it as she yawned, finally settling back onto her heels and stretching before starting the trek through the mountain village up towards the construction site. It wasn’t a very exciting job, but she found ways to do it in fun manners. Flying around as a bird was one of her favorite, but honestly, sitting around in a cute disguise and staring at the surrounding mountains was a blast in and of itself.

A distant rumble sounded, and Miroru squinted at the mountain, nodding to herself as she relaxed. The dust cloud was from the right part of the mountain to be from the blasting team working on making an easier pass to reach the outpost. Nothing more concerning than that, so she stepped into the street to head up the stairs that made up the main thoroughfare in the village.

MISSIONS
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:29:39 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 137 | notes

High up on the mountain, a fracture through the peak was lying dormant. A shear seam that had gone unnoticed thanks to a delicate balance of pressure, weight, and friction… a balance that was shifting bit by bit as the blasting cut into the mountainside to create the new and more convenient pass up to the developing observation outpost. It wasn’t notable. It wasn’t anyone’s fault. The survey team had found out everything they could, but the fault was subtle and buried deep. There had been no way to find it before it was exposed.

And by then it was too late.

MISSIONS
last edit by Uchiha Miroru on Oct 5, 2023 1:29:52 GMT -5
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:30:11 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 206 | notes

Another rumble sounded as Miroru stepped onto the first stair. Unconcerned, Miroru took a couple step, passing into the shadow of one of the taller houses nearby, blocking her view of the mountain. As she did, she paused as the ground shook faintly… without another blast. She frowned, looking around for an explanation, but… nothing. Then another, more distinct shake, and a building rumble. Miroru scampered forwards to peek around the tall building in time to see the shelf of the ridge crack out of place and slide down the peak to slam into the forested slopes below, vanishing in a plume of dirt and dust.

Horrified, Miroru turned to run back to the house she’d been staying in- only to abruptly discover the cause of that approaching rumble. As she took another step forwards, the upper floor of that tall building exploded into the street as a massive chunk of rock, a boulder dislodged by the first shifting of the cliff face, tore through it…

… and plunged straight through Mizuki’s house.

MISSIONS
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:30:51 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 209 | notes
Stunned, Miroru stared at the path of destruction left by the boulder as it hurtled past the village and continued down the slope. The patio was a carved out smear of dirt and clay. It was gone. The house was gone.

Mizuki was gone.

She could hear screaming now, from above her, behind her, around her, as three, four, five boulders smashed down through the town, leaving in their wake… terrified people, grief-stricken families, horrified villagers looking uphill. It was all faint. Barely real. She’d never seen someone she cared about die before. Much less in something as senseless as-

CHILD!

Her body went rigid, focus returning in a heartbeat as the colossal voice tore through her like a bucket of ice water.

You will DIE if you do not PAY ATTENTION.
GRIEF is for the LIVING.

The living. He was right. It was rough but he was right. Grief was for the living.

And in that instant, Miroru decided she needed to make sure as many people as possible were still here to grieve the lost.

MISSIONS
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:32:24 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 270 | notes

Turning around, Miroru performed the brief handseals needed to activate her sandals and hurl herself into the air, sprinting along short-lived Kekkai steps that vanished as she left them, racing through the village towards the onrushing avalanche. Fortunately, the majority of the cliffside seemed to have simply buried itself without plunging downhill. Unfortunately, there was a whole wash of huge boulders shaken free that were pulverizing the landscape as they rushed down towards the town, tearing swathes out of the landscape as they crashed onwards.

As she cleared the town, Miroru stared up at the oncoming rush of stone and swallowed hard.

I need your help!

YOU need to LEAVE.
You owe these people nothing, with the old hag dead.
GO. I will not TOLERATE-

NO, SHUT UP!

Silence. Shocked, stunned silence for a split second.

You keep going on about wanting to show everyone just how strong you are! I KNOW we’re lagging behind any of the other Jinchuuriki who’ve had time to get used to each other, and I KNOW you HATE being trapped in someone weak! SO HELP ME PROVE WE’RE NOT!

For a moment, there was no response.

Another.

And then.

A low, rumbling laughter, rising to fill the space inside her- as she felt the floodgates open and chakra rushed into her body!

VERY WELL, THEN!

LET US SHOW THEM WHY THE NINETAILS REMAINS TO BE FEARED!

JUST THIS ONCE!

MISSIONS
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:32:56 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 236 | notes
Chakra erupted from Miroru’s body as she and the Kyuubi aligned their desires for the first time in forever. Her hair flew back, tapering into a pair of faux ears, marked with the black stripes flying back from her eyes to stain her hair in mimicry of Kurama’s coloration. Her nails and teeth sharpened, her eyes narrowed to slits, and behind her-

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.

Six tails blossomed from the chakra cloak.

Miroru flashed a handseal, and four clones exploded into being, each sprinting back into the village at high speeds, bursting through doorways to help with the evacuation, leaving Miroru to face down the onrushing landslide by herself. She pulled her gunbai off her back and sent a cascade of suiton down its face, encasing it in a shell of super-dense chakra further empowered by both the weapon itself and the Kyuubi’s affinity for the elements. She had an idea, one derived from the sight of the stone cliff burying itself into the loam and dirt on the slopes of the mountain. She’d never reach all the stones in time, not even with the speed blessed to her by the Kyuubi augmenting her abilities.

She needed more.

MISSIONS
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:33:17 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 210 | notes
Taking a deep breath, Miroru sent a flood of chakra through her body, drastically increasing even her already extremely boosted speeds. She hadn’t quite emptied her own chakra stores, not from just the suiton and the speed amplification, but she didn’t have time to waste, either. It was going to be a close call trying to settle this before she was forced to start drawing deep from the fox’s chakra.

So she got to work.

Detonating into motion, Miroru nearly vanished as the turf where she’d been standing blasted backwards from the force and speed of her acceleration. Chakra limbs hurtled forwards, digging into the earth and hurling her forwards, using every trick she had to reach the avalanche as soon as her body would let her. She angled her leaps, bounding into the sky on kekkai stairsteps that now left her footprints burning in midair, foxprints scorched into the sky as she moved to intercept the boulder at the head of the cascade- and brought her gunbai down flat to catch it from above!

MISSIONS
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:33:36 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 219 | notes
The mountain shook again as the boulder catapulted downwards and cratered the turf beneath, burying itself in the grass and soil in an ugly scar. It wasn’t pretty.

But neither was it proceeding downhill any further.

While the clones ushered the citizens to the sides of the village, helping them into the safest places to wait out the storm of gravel and rock plummeting towards them, they could see the golden streak burning into the sky behind them. Even as the first boulder careened out of the sky to slam to earth, the golden blaze ricocheted like lightning to another. And another. The second boulder landed as she struck the fourth. Fifth. Sixth. Again, again, again, smashing the boulders into the slope, burying them in the soil, killing their momentum. Again, again, she scorched the sky as she tore from one disastrous stone to the next. Again. Again.

And just when it seemed like she might get them all, she realized she’d been forced down one flank of the avalanche and away from the other- where two massive stones were still hurtling down towards the village.

MISSIONS
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:34:20 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 206 | notes

"No. NonononoNONONONONO!” Miroru started blazing through a set of frantic handseals as she catapulted herself into the air, flinging herself towards the remaining boulders, already realizing she’d be unable to reach them physically before they reached the first row of houses.

"IYA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

The golden streak screamed across the sky as she finished the seals and hurled her hands forwards as she howled denial to the sky- and tried to force her waning chakra to conjure a titanic vortex of water between the village and the house-sized boulders. She didn’t have enough chakra on her own to make it work, but she tried- and saw the water rise up from nowhere and form a twinned, twisting tower of water. Still screaming herself hoarse, she willed, desperately, for the waterspouts to swallow the boulders, and fell to her knees as she watched them curve as they dove towards the ground and buried the boulders deep, leaving the water to rush downhill, leaving the streets muddy, soaked…

And free of any more cascading boulders.

MISSIONS
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:34:47 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 200 | notes
Miroru let her arms drop as she fell to her knees. She waited for the feeling she’d been warned about, the feeling that would overtake her if she drew too deeply on the Old Fox’s chakra, waited, braced to fight it back, steeled to keep herself under control- but it didn’t come. Her determination only pushed the cloak back down, releasing her to collapse onto clods of earth torn from higher up the slope, staring down at the soaked walls of the nearest buildings.

It took her a moment to make sense of what had happened. She’d already been terribly short on her own personal stores after splitting it and maintaining that intense speed. She’d been braced for consequences when she tried to bring up the vortex to stop the stones, but she’d been so scared to draw off that swirling maelstrom within her- she’d failed to do anything at all. She hadn’t created the vortexes.

Her clones had created them.

MISSIONS
For The Living [Solo]Oct 5, 2023 1:37:42 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
@name | 264 | notes
There were only two left, the other two having released themselves to disperse their chakra back to Miroru and the other pair. Miroru had burned through that chakra supporting her jutsus, and had nothing left to defend the village with at the end. But the remaining clones had, and they’d caught the boulders just in time. She saw them now, waving from the edge of the village before running back into town to help everyone find some safe shelter and start organizing an evacuation. The cliff was stable- right now- but there was no promise it would stay that way, and removing the villagers from the threat before it became a problem was the prudent way forwards.

Meanwhile, Miroru lay on the ground and stared up at the sky. For a moment, she almost managed to feel proud.

And in the next, the sight of Mizuki’s home, of Mizuki herself, being… gone… resurfaced.

Mizuki was gone, but she was still alive.

So she did the only thing she could manage now.

She sobbed. She buried her face in her hands and wailed. It didn't feel like a victory. It felt awful. And with the danger clear, her heart cracked down the middle and left her a weeping, sniffling mess just outside of what was left of the town. But that was okay. She was allowed to.

Grief was for the living.

MISSIONS