compose a reply
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 5, 2023 19:45:17 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
"Its just one thing after another..."
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday 17/05 rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 1
Aw shit, here we go again.

It had been a few days, maybe a week or so, since the fateful day when Shosuke had first met Uemon. Despite how much they had butted heads on their way through the village, they had somewhat managed to salvage that relationship over some food at a local tavern. Shosuke had even had a drink or two with the man, and fortunately even the state of inebriation hadn't resulted in them coming to blows finally.

Since then, things had been calm. In their time apart, Shosuke had even been given his papers telling him that he had been promoted and that he was now serving as a proper, fully-fledged member of the Shinobi corps - a chuunin. It was an honour, one that not every Shinobi would be able to get, although it was far from the highest ranking elite of the village. Even so, Shosuke couldn't help but feel a stirring of pride that he had, in some small way, managed to make it.

But, of course, when the pair had last met, Uemon had said that he had something that he wanted to show to Shosuke. A way of "repaying the favour". In earnestness, Shosuke was a little doubtful that what the man had to say would be of any actual value, especially given the way that he acted, but he wasn't about to turn down something that might make him stronger.

As such, Shosuke had put the word out in the market district of the village that he was ready to meet with the man again. Or... well, he had tried to. See, Shosuke and the man had gone their separate ways after a few drinks, with Shosuke leaving him in the main market place to try and piece together where his cousin might be. But with that being where they had left off, Shosuke actually had no idea who this guy's cousin actually was and, as a result, where he might be found.

As a result, he had only managed to get the word out to a few of the local shopkeeps that if they saw someone matching Uemon's description (or, well, the description that he had gotten from someone else who had seen them walking together on account of the whole "being blind" thing.), they should let him know the time and date Shosuke had set up for their meeting again. Hopefully that got through to him, because if not Shosuke was going to feel like a right tit.

So, Shosuke waited, his legs kicking in the air as he sat on a small fence at the end of one of Kumo's training areas. Would he show up? Only time would tell.

452 words |

Mizuame Nabara - [Starch Syrup Capture Field]: 1/9
Jutsus Used: None
Gesicht has written 434 posts
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 7, 2023 11:29:59 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin
age 19 years old birthday July 21st rank B-Rank occupation Swordsmith

a wrong foot forward

For the most part, the easing of tension only required time and space.

It had been a little while since the wanderer arrived in Kumogakure no Sato by now and he was already adjusting to the new environment. Once he was sure that it was safe, drinks were had, and his room at a local inn rented, he even returned to where he had previously been camped and brought his ward, Kota back with that very night.

Uemon never traveled far without the child, and even when he was out of sight he made sure to stay well within the range of his sensory capabilities. The boy was his responsibility now. To train, protect, and care for as best he could.

Despite his and Shosuke's initial disagreement they had spent a while sharing alcohol, managing to avoid further conflict that day. His cousin was still nowhere to be found but he was determined to not give up. The Muramasa were never a large clan, but they were even fewer in number now. Every connection was important. Essential...

...for what would eventually come. In the meantime however, he needed a way to pass the time. A chance meeting with the Raikage in an irezumi-ya had earned him work and there was still the matter of an unsettled debt.

Training with the young doctor. Word had reached him that he was indeed seeking him out and Uemon wasted little time in tracking him down. A feat made much easier with a little focus to spread out his Sense. Kumogakure was not small by any means but having a one kilometer range allowed him to hone in on the Kumo-nin's location.

Chakra signatures to him were a lot like faces— easily forgettable unless someone made a lasting impression. And whatever their disagreements were, Shosuke was if nothing else memorable. Uemon took care to tread lightly, a concious effort to quiet his own steps as he moved. A habit that he picked up from a Nukenin he once traveled with and had sought to emulate for his own purposes. He was already quick, now he needed to be silent. The ping in his head grew clearer as he neared one of the village's training grounds. Soon the familiar young man came into sight.

Sat on a fence, facing the opposite direction of his roundabout angle of approach. Slowly, he walked up from behind, making every effort to avoid any loose rocks and lighten his footfalls. Until he was close enough to reach out, and then... "Shosuke-san." All he said in greeting, taking another step and leaning forward next to him against the fence. He spared the doctor a glance, face as neutral as ever. "All recovered from our drinking?" Hopefully.

Liquor made him just the slightest bit warmer, more friendly even if only by a half-step. It was not often that he drank himself so his hangovers had a tendency to linger. By now he was fine so he hoped the Kumo-nin was too. Time with Suppa showed him what training under the aftereffects of alcohol was like... and it was not good at all.

Yenga has written 622 posts
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 7, 2023 16:59:46 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
If the man was attempting to sneak up on Shosuke undetected, then he had chosen who to target poorly. Even without over-extending his sensory range, Sho could sense the man from the moment he came within two hundred meters of him.

Unlike Uemon who relied on the equivalent of a chakra-based sonar, Shosuke instead worked through a far more simpler technique. Vibrations in the very ground itself made their origins known to him, and he could feel a great deal of detail about the man. From the way that his feet landed on the ground to the way that he was dressed to the very sword that rested upon his back as it had the last time they met. It was Uemon, there was no doubt about it.

What he was also sure about, however, was that the man was attempting to sneak up on him. The vibrations for his feet were far shallower, their sound far reduced compared to a normal man's. To someone solely relying on hearing, they might even be considered silent. Good thing, therefore, that it was not the noise the footfalls made but the footfalls themselves that he was able to track.

Nonetheless, for now he allowed the man to 'creep up' behind him, waiting until he was addressed. He wasn't sure what the man was doing, but he was certain that, should the man's intentions prove to be nefarious, he would be able to protect himself. Fortunately, it seemed he was just practicing for something else, so all went well until the first words came out of their mouths.

"Mornin' Uemon. I'd say its a nice day but honestly I can't tell; at least its not raining though."

There was a small smile to himself, aware of the joke that he had just made. Despite how clearly sensitive he was about it from the last time they had met, it seemed today he was in a mood more receptive to jokes and humor. Perhaps he was indeed starting to get used to living life this way, even if he should find himself a method of curing his blindness once and for all. For now, it was simply something he was going to have to live with.

"You speak as if we drank more than a glass or two; I'm pretty sure the Raikage would kill me if I was found to be drunk on the job, no matter how nice a woman she actually is. How about you? You didn't even seem affected when we drank, but I assume there were no after-effects?"

There was a pause for a moment as Shosuke waited for the man to answer, before adding.

"How's the cousin-finding business by the way? I left you at the bar so I never got to hear the end of that story. There's a few blacksmiths about the place but not enough that you should have any real trouble finding your cousin. Did everything go well on that front?"

500 words |

Mizuame Nabara - [Starch Syrup Capture Field]: 2/9
last edit by Yamamoto Shosuke on Oct 7, 2023 17:00:18 GMT -5
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 8, 2023 7:49:26 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin

does not always mean the end

Good-humored and no ill will, it seemed like they were already both off to a better start this time around.

While never one to emote often, the doctor's joke was not lost on him. Prompting a slight perking up on one corner of his mouth. "Very true, do you get much rain here? Being within the clouds and all." He was curious.

Kumogakure was the most interesting locale he had visited by this point. A stark change of scenery from the endless crags of Tsuchi no Kuni or the wetlands near Amegakure. "It's a nice change of pace from Arashi no Kuni, the stuff never stops there." Shosuke went on to confirm that he was feeling well which was of course a good thing. Neither of them had gotten too far into the bottle but a few more drinks and Uemon himself would have been thoroughly soused. "Just checking." He said, glancing at the Kumo-nin with some pantomime of a smirk. "I'm a bit of a lightweight myself but no lasting damage thankfully." Sake had a way of doing that.

The past few times he indulged he ended up sharing a bed with those he shared cups with... which honestly in this case he might not have minded either. Sake had a way of doing that, too. Uemon only shook his head at the doctor's next question, taking a moment to climb the fence and sit beside. "No luck on that front yet." He said quietly.

If only he had been able to detect chakra the last time he saw his cousin... might have made tracking him down a bit easier. "From what I could gather he seems to be away on business." Uemon replied, crossing his feet as he gazed out at the training grounds. All that he could do for now was to wait. It might have been disheartening if he was not already so used to things not going his way. "I did happen to meet the Raikage, though." A rather positive if unexpected experience. "She seems a fair leader." Among other things. But his further observations...

Well... he would be embarrassed if he said those out loud. "Now then, about that skill I mentioned..." Uemon began, pausing as he tried to formulate his words. It was not often he spoke of his own capabilities for a variety of reasons. But again, Shosuke had helped him. So... "I'm able to detect chakra... a 'Sensor Type' I believe is what shinobi call it?" If what he had learned from Suppa was accurate, at least. Which was always up in the air. The man was an incorrigible drunk. "It's useful when sight may not be an option. If you don't mind me asking... can you do that as well?" His eyes turned to the doctor, giving him a discerning once-over. Shosuke seemed to get around with relative ease despite his impaired vision. And he did not seem at all surprised by his quiet approach.

Although that could have also just been his own lack of stealth. It was still a work-in-progress, after all. Uemon would think as he waited for a response. Depending on his answer there were a few avenues they could take here.

Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 8, 2023 10:46:38 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Did they get much rain here? "Hmm... Only really when it storms, I guess. Though that's not exactly infrequent. You're right - being this high up in terms of altitude makes us all the more vulnerable for thunderstorms and the like. But its rare to get just rain on its own; I'm no physicist but I'd say something about the thermobaric pressure in the atmosphere, ya know?"

He said he wasn't a physicist, but the way that he spoke... Regardless of his specialized area of study, it was clear that he was a scholar at the very least. He might lack a lot of the practical wisdom and experience that Uemon had, but there was no doubt about the fact that Shosuke was indeed a very learned man. Definitely more of a scientist than an engineer though. 

"Arashi no Kuni, huh? That's the Land of Storms, right? I guess it is kinda in the name..." Sho mused, mulling it over on his tongue like some fine wine or strong port.

The Land of Storms, it was a nation in the middle of the continent, sandwiched between the Earth Country and the Land of Rivers. A place of eternal rain, where the weather was said to reflect the very mood of the people. Unpleasant place, all being told. 

"That said... is that where you come from? Even if you're a Wannin now, you must have been born somewhere, right? Were you raised within the Village system, or is it more of a foreign concept to you?" 

Despite what it might seem like, there were far more places to live outside of the village than within it. The Village system helped to define international politics and relations, but that didn't mean that places all over the nation didn't serve as home to almost 90% of the population of a nation. 

Regardless, moving away from the topic of where home even was for a wannin, the man spoke about his lack of luck finding his relative. Sho was surprised, but he also couldn't genuinely say he hadn't expected as much to be the case. Though there were only a few blacksmiths in the village, it also had to be hard when you knew nothing about your cousin. Not their name, not their face, nor their history. Maybe the Shitai could help? He didn't understand their blood techniques very well but they might have something that can trace shared connections... 

Either way, ignoring the comment about the Raikage, the man posed a question Shosuke hadn't been expecting. 

"... Sort of?" 

There was a pause, as if trying to figure out how to phrase this, before speaking again.

"I'm not a chakra sensor, I can't tell things like that, but I can feel vibrations through the earth and see through the very ground itself. Any physical object that's touching the ground, or touching something that's touching the ground, or touching something that's touching something that's touching the ground... basically anything that's not fully airborne, I can feel its outline, its shape, its texture. 

I can't tell many details about those things beyond their outline though. I can tell you've got a sword, and I can tell how long it is, but I couldn't tell you what color the pommel is or if you've painted decorations on the blade itself if that makes sense. Think of it like a bat's sonar, only without needing to scream first."

It was a pretty unique ability - sensornin wasn't the most common thing in a village, but it also wasn't uncommon. This sort of "blindsense" however was far less common. It was the difference between picking things up on a radar and physically seing their outline, their shape, their construction. A strong ability, but one that he had paid a steep price to acquire. 

637 words |

Mizuame Nabara - [Starch Syrup Capture Field]: 2/9
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 8, 2023 12:30:15 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin

of a whole journey

Nodding as the doctor spoke, he listened to the explanation carefully. "Yeah, that makes sense." He said.

Surely being so high up had its disadvantages, but shinobi were a resourceful sort. No doubt the village had many safeguards against such phenomena, likely built into the infrastructure itself if he had to hazard a guess.

It was nothing short of a marvel... and only reminded him of how much of the world he had yet to see. If only he had the time for tourism. "In another life, perhaps." He thought to himself. At Shosuke's next question he grew quiet, quieter than he usually was. A shake of his head followed a bit of contemplation. "Tetsu no Kuni." The words seemed to stick in his throat a bit. Normally he was rather good at keeping his emotions in check, but now there a slight hint of gloom in his voice. "We don't have ninja where I come from. I grew up among smiths and what we call 'bushi'— our term for warriors." Uemon stared off, thinking back to his childhood days briefly.

Young, brash, and full of foolish dreams. In a way it was... impressive, almost at how much things had changed since then. "I know much more about the ways of samurai... though I was trained by a shinobi for a time."

Barely, he thought. Suppa was much more of a drunken rogue than he was a proper ninja. Still... the man did have his good qualities. And as much as he favored drink he somehow managed to impart to him invaluable skills that he still used to this day. Whatever his faults were, he played an important role in the person Uemon came to be.

Hanagisa had too, but that was a whole other discussion. The concept of 'home' was more foreign to him than anything else. It had been almost a decade since his family's exile. For him, such a thing no longer existed...

No, for now it seemed he was fated to wander. Uemon's attention was brought back around at the doctor's words, shifting his gaze to stare at the young man as he spoke. "Not a sensor, but near to it." The thought occurred as he listened, trying to wrap his head around the idea. "Similar concept, different mechanics?" He asked, more thinking aloud as he tried to picture it in his mind. "I figured it had to be something of the sort. You get around with relative ease, all things considered." Remarkably well, actually. Enough that he had not realized the doctor was blind initially. Letting his gaze drift forward again, he sat in silent thought for a few moments.

Unless he was horribly mistaken, this seemed like something they could work with. "Have you had much practice with it? It took me a while to figure out how to fight using just my Sense." Preparation to him was paramount, as one never knew when they might be denied a particular sense in combat. Not to mention his main method of battle could be used at a distance, so not having to rely purely on sight was invaluable to him. "I've been working on masking my presence... want to see if you can find me through vibrations?" He paused.

A realization dawning on him as he turned his gaze forward and frowned. "...that's just Ninja Tag, isn't it." It sure did not sound much different. Still... it could end up proving helpful in the end. For both of their purposes.

Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 8, 2023 13:09:33 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Tetsu no Kuni - the Land of Steel. Shosuke knew of it, if only by affiliation. It was a place on the furthest westmost point on the continent, beyond even the Land of Earth. A place supposedly rich in mineral wealth like Kumogakure itself, but where Kumo had used that mineral wealth to further their Shinobi's training and assets, the Land of Steel had used it to forsake Shinobi culture altogether and had chosen another type of warrior protector - that of a Bushi, or a Samurai.

The idea of an entire country lacking in the ability or the proper training to be able to wield chakra was a strange concept, especially considering it was so pivotal to life within the village system. Kizumi might not discriminate but there were many kage, had been many kage, who did so, who treated those without chakra as second-class citizens or worse. An entire country like that? It seemed almost alien.

But then maybe that explained some about who Uemon was as a person. He was stubborn and standoffish, he clearly held himself in high self-regard and he believed he was capable of looking after himself. All those traits seemed like they would naturally be nurtured in such a culture.

"Does that make you... what do you samurai call yourselves when you have no masters? A Ronin?"

He knew very little about the warrior's code that samurais held themselves to, to the notion of bushido or dharmic teachings, but he knew the importance of keeping and maintaining bonds of service in that way of life at least. It made him all the more curious about what drove someone from that way of life to become a Shinobi in the first place.

Returning to the immediate conversation at hand, though, he shrugged idly.

"Thanks, I suppose? I'm still not as good with it as many in my Clan, but it's kept me from being stuck in bed since I lost my sight. I've been stuck using it pretty much every hour of every day if I want to do anything more than lay about, so I think I've gotten some use out of it. But its still not... ya know, it's still not the same. I'm all the stronger for it, but I'm still trying to work out all the kinks."

Hearing the man's offer for a moment, he genuinely considered it, before asking "Are you sure it'll be fair? I'm not just sensing your chakra, I can physically see your location anywhere within 2 miles. Unless you plan on finding a way to fly the entire time, it seems a little unbalanced

But if you really want to, I'm not going to stop you~"

454 words | @open

Mizuame Nabara - [Starch Syrup Capture Field]: 4/9
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 10, 2023 16:10:10 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin

to be ikiryō

Talking about his past used to be something he avoided whenever possible. Far too many bad memories, negative emotions, and wounds that refused to heal both because they were much too deep and he would not let them. 

Yet here he was... sharing bits and pieces with someone he had only known for a day. It was strange but not entirely unwelcome. And of course those more raw experiences were kept under lock and key. To him, it was out of simple necessity. A need to hold onto that angst— that trauma. So that when he found those responsible for it all...

...he could uncage it in full. Uemon shook his head at Shosuke's question. "No, my family isn't samurai... at least not any longer." They had not been for quite some time. "We were once, a long time ago. But regimes change, priorities shift, people fall out of favor... I'm sure you understand how it goes." Politics in Tetsu no Kuni were the same in many places. Prone to change, often unpredictable, and very messy. Old grudges tended to die hard in the land of iron. Slow to melt away... much like the snow that blanketed the nation. "These days we're just humble swordsmiths." No more, no less. A lot more modest now that they could not return home. Scattered.

Though some, like himself and Ryūzaburō managed to find other things to occupy themselves. Be they settling old scores or serving villages like Kumogakure. "I can't imagine... It's good that you're adjusting, though." He said quietly to the doctor's explanation. Having sight taken from you sounded like quite an obstacle to overcome.

Despite their initial butting of heads, he was glad to hear that Shosuke had not given up. Turning hardship into strength was something that he could sympathize with. "If it's too personal feel free to say so but... how did you lose your sight?" Another question, a hint of sincerity in his neutral tone. The Kumo-nin was a curiosity.

And curious— maybe even more than himself. As long as they were sharing he figured it was worth an ask. If he did not feel like telling him than no hard feelings. "Nothing's ever fair." Uemon said, one corner of his mouth perking up slightly as he hopped down from the fence. Already he was scanning the training grounds. Plenty of nooks and crannies to hide in. Kumogakure no Sato certainly did not lack for verticality with its rocky spires and vantage points. "But I think it'll be good practice for the both of us." A decent way to test both Shosuke's sense and his own burgeoning stealth capabilities. Flying was certainly out of the question... at least for now. Still, Uemon was a crafty sort. With a little bit of thought he was confident he could at least make things interesting for the two of them. "Give me... twenty seconds?" He said, mind formulating a plan. "And we'll start from there."

But a moment later and he was gone, dashing off surprisingly quickly. For the moment he was not too concerned with the sound of his footsteps... but that was about to change. He jumped, not high but just enough to clear the ground as he formed a Tora seal. Two identical clones appeared to the left of him with via the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu.

Moments later all three landed on the ground and scattered, each one suddenly minding their footsteps. Taking care to step as softly as they could... though with how sensitive Shosuke's blindsense was it may have been in vain. The real Uemon moved right towards one of the spires and circled around it slowly, while one clone headed straight forward to put as much distance as it could between itself and Shosuke. The final bunshin cut left and took cover behind some bulky training equipment, doing all it could to stay motionless as it crouched. Now it was time to wait.

Glancing skyward, the real Uemon spotted some footholds high above, a plan already forming in his mind. He had a few tricks up his sleeve... but for the meantime he wanted to see what the doctor did. Keeping his Sense honed in on his chakra signature all the while. A quick get-away might be in order, so he kept quiet, stayed still, and prepared.

SUPPORTIVE TECHNIQUES:
NAME: Kage Bunshin no Jutsu [Shadow Clone Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
The Kage Bunshin technique evenly distributes your chakra between one or more clones with form and substance.

The clones created by this technique are able to utilize any jutsu the original ninja knows, has all of their special abilities, as well as their kekkei genkai. Typically a clone's equipment doesn't retain any special abilities and the clone itself is dispersed when hit with a single attack or incapacitated, although the clone can also choose to disperse itself or be dispersed by the user.

When the clone finally disperses, any new knowledge it has gained along with it's remaining chakra are passed back to the original ninja and any additional clones.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

KASHIRA-WARI・首割り - ENHANCED CHAKRA CONTROL
Puppeteers must maintain expert control over their wide selection of puppets, and so too must a shinobi with their chakra. Necessary for his Puppet Ninjutsu and applicable to his other techniques, Uemon has trained extensively in order to mitigate the amount of chakra he uses with his jutsu. Compensating for his average chakra reserves this allows him to stay in the fight that much longer.

TSUKURIMONO・作り物 - INTELLIGENCE
Stage and setting can make or break a performance. A director needs vigilance and flexibility to ensure all the moving parts of a play go off without a hitch. A learned strategist with a quick mind, Uemon is always observing even in the midst of combat. This allows for him to find gaps and weaknesses in his opponent's techniques easier than some, and allows him to formulate strategies and deceptions to take advantage of these shortcomings. A knack for tactics cues him on which approach works best depending on his target.

ASHIZUKAI・足遣い - SPEED
Operating the legs of a puppet requires dexterity and agility. Much like moving one's own body. As a child in Tetsu no Kuni Uemon trained in Jujitsu and Kenjutsu, finding his aptitude for speed rather than strength. Honed after years on the road with his mentors, Uemon is surprisingly light on his feet and his hand-to-hand strikes are faster than most expect. Able to strike and weave with deft swiftness he is capable of holding his own against Taijutsu specialists of his rank and outright overwhelming those of lower ranks in terms of speed.

SHOMEI・署名 - SENSOR TYPE 
Lighting is a crucial part of any play. Identifying the actors and drawing focus to them in the dark. With much training Uemon has become a Sensor Type, able to detect and hone in on chakra signatures akin to a sixth sense of sorts. A useful tool when it comes to tracking or surveillance. As of now, he is capable of passively sensing chakra up to one hundred meters from his body, or one kilometer if actively searching. This also allows him to more efficiently utilize his puppets without needing a direct line of sight to his targets. Knowing the placement of actors on stage at all times is essential.
last edit by Muramasa Uemon on Oct 10, 2023 16:22:48 GMT -5
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 10, 2023 18:07:13 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Regimes change, people fall out of favour... well, Shosuke understood that much at least. He might not know a lot about the official laws and systems regulating the Land of Steel but that much was the case anywhere you looked. Even Kumo, a nation that had had relatively stable leadership over the years (even if their leadership did change more often than one would like), had had a few polarizing regime shifts in its time. Fortunately there were no major purges, but discrimination was inescapable wherever one went.

"To be denied the right to fight for the place you call home... I can't imagine what that must be like."

Shosuke cared about maintaining the safety and prosperity of Kumogakure, but if for some reason in the future he was no longer physically able to? He could always retire and become a Doctor again, or join the medical corps, or do something that helped other people. But the idea of being barred from it not due to disability but prejudice? To do so being illegal or restricted? The idea ruffled his feathers deeply.

Then again, from what little he knew, the badge of Samurai was a lot more official, like a lesser form of nobility, than just being a Shinobi. A shinobi was able to join from any family, any position in society, as long as you were able to fight you would be accepted within the corps. Maybe that was why Uemon was able to practice such things freely when his family were forced down into the position of meagre smiths.

Though, when Uemon asked about how he had lost his sight, Shosuke shifted a little, obviously somewhat uncomfortable with the topic.

"It's... Honestly, its hard to explain. But my family, the Yamamotos? Basically, unlike most Shinobi families, we're more like a cooperative than anything else. Unrelated families join together under the name Yamamoto to be stronger and to find a home where others will appreciate and protect us. But most kids who are adopted into the family are put through this ritual when they're a kid that allows them to do what I can do now, the whole "see through the earth" thing.

My mother... well, she's always been a bit overprotective. She didn't want me to go through the ritual, so only when I was able to make the decision for myself as an adult did I go through it. But there were... complications. Unforeseen difficulties that came with doing it at an advanced age. As a result, I lost my ability to see."

That was the most in depth explanation that he was able to give about the circumstances. No details about the nature of the ritual, nor about the "soul of the mountain" or the fact that Eri had allowed him to wander out into the sunlight whilst still highly vulnerable instead of warning him against exposure. No explanation about how his mother blamed Eri for it happening in the first place despite how none of this should have been a problem if he'd just undergone it as a kid. All of that just made things far, far too complicated.

As it was, Uemon simply sprinted off, running away to a nearby location. What was more pressing was what happened next - the manifestation of a pair of Shadow Clones. If that was the way that he wanted to play it, Sho supposed he could oblige... His fingers shot into a few handsigns themselves, before a series of wooden pillar-like objects began to poke out of the ground, growing in size and refining in shape with every passing second until a trio of identical duplicates were manifested.

"MOKU BUNSHIN NO JUTSU."

Turning around, using the vibrations set off by Uemon and his clones, the small group began their little hunt, heading towards the closest of the vibrations.

"Ready or not..."

640 words |

Mizuame Nabara - [Starch Syrup Capture Field]: 5/9

Jutsus Used
NAME: Moku Bunshin no Jutsu [Wood Clone Technique]*
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Mokuton
HANDSEALS: 3
DECRIPTION:
A clone that is created by altering the user's own cells with chakra to create vegetation. Possessing more endurance than the normal shadow clones. the doppelgangers are more resilient to damage. The clones have the ability to travel far distances from the user and are able to communicate with the original albeit the can only pass reconnaissance or simple messages with more complex thoughts and strategies depriving them from their full combat potential. The clones can be as simple in function as a wooden dummy for use in the Body Replacement Technique.

This makes this technique extremely convenient and a perfect clone technique that only the most powerful and fully developed dōjutsu will able to see through. By directly touching the wood clone with their hand, the user can absorb the information it gathered or change the shape of the clone. Because clone is made up of the user's own cells.
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 13, 2023 4:08:02 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin

needs silence, stillness, patience

Both of them had experienced troubles that were difficult to talk about, it seemed.

On the subject of his own past he could only nod at Shosuke's summation of it. The Muramasa were lowered from the samurai caste a hundred years ago after not even a hundred years of service. No doubt painful at the time. 

Yet there were newer, fresher wounds... the killing of his father and their complete exile from their home. Things that kept him awake at nights and drove his every action. Forced him into a life of wandering, fueled his desire to improve constantly, shaded all interactions he had with others. Things he rarely spoke of but always remembered.

Needless to say he was content to listen to the doctor as he talked about his own trials. Taking in the information carefully as he pondered the young man's words. A cooperative, families banding together to find strength in unity, a ritual that granted abilities to those who underwent it— all very interesting. Though he operated mostly outside of the Shinobi System, experience and his studies under Suppa had granted him some level of knowledge as to their ways. Uemon knew that some clans had techniques that they were protective of but it still surprised him as to the sheer amount. He had witnessed eyes that could peer into people's memories, heard of eyes that could hypnotize and mimic others, seen a woman summon storms, and still he had only scratched the surface of what was out there.

Uemon could only nod in understanding as Shosuke finished his tale, appreciative that he decided to share. Of course he felt it was a conversation that deserved more time, but that could wait for later. Now? There was training to see to. As he took off and casted his bunshin technique, they all took their places. "Wood clones?" The thought occured as he heard the Kumo-nin's words, his Sense picking up multiple signatures that felt identical to Shosuke's own. Mokuton was not something he ever encountered before. "Interesting..." As they took off in the direction of the nearest Kage Bunshin, it had only a short while to act. The one hiding behind the training equipment performed a short series of handseals— Inu → I → Hitsuji and transformed using the Henge no Jutsu into one of the dummies.

Surely it would not deceive Shosuke for long if at all, but every second was precious. The other clone turned on its heel and headed to join the real Uemon. "It seems he's targeting whichever's closest..." He thought, altering his plan on-the-fly. Initially he sought to deceive the doctor by having one run in hopes that Shosuke would think the bunshin was his real body. But if it was seek and detain by distance, having two of himself close by was the better course.

Both crouched, slowing their breathing as much as they could. Steadying their bodies' movements. Thin, translucent blue threads extended from his first two fingers as his dark eyes turned skyward again. Overhangs, footholds in the rocky spires nearby... he could work with this. A branch or some kind of roof would be better, but it was doable.

All that was left now was to wait and see what Shosuke would do. First clone as a diversion, second next to him to misdirect, and a handy little technique primed and ready for quick use. Uemon stilled himself and prepared.

SUPPORTIVE TECHNIQUES:
NAME: Henge no Jutsu [Transformation Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]
DESCRIPTION:
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user transforms their appearance to become that of another person, animal or even an inanimate object. This is considered one of the most advanced academy techniques, as it requires a constant emission of chakra as well as constant mental focus to maintain the transformation. Shinobi are limited to transforming into objects roughly their own size, preventing them from turning into a fly while being able to carry items far greater than their transformed state.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

Puppeteers must maintain expert control over their wide selection of puppets, and so too must a shinobi with their chakra. Necessary for his Puppet Ninjutsu and applicable to his other techniques, Uemon has trained extensively in order to mitigate the amount of chakra he uses with his jutsu. Compensating for his average chakra reserves this allows him to stay in the fight that much longer.

Stage and setting can make or break a performance. A director needs vigilance and flexibility to ensure all the moving parts of a play go off without a hitch. A learned strategist with a quick mind, Uemon is always observing even in the midst of combat. This allows for him to find gaps and weaknesses in his opponent's techniques easier than some, and allows him to formulate strategies and deceptions to take advantage of these shortcomings. A knack for tactics cues him on which approach works best depending on his target.

ASHIZUKAI・足遣い - SPEED
Operating the legs of a puppet requires dexterity and agility. Much like moving one's own body. As a child in Tetsu no Kuni Uemon trained in Jujitsu and Kenjutsu, finding his aptitude for speed rather than strength. Honed after years on the road with his mentors, Uemon is surprisingly light on his feet and his hand-to-hand strikes are faster than most expect. Able to strike and weave with deft swiftness he is capable of holding his own against Taijutsu specialists of his rank and outright overwhelming those of lower ranks in terms of speed.

SHOMEI・署名 - SENSOR TYPE 
Lighting is a crucial part of any play. Identifying the actors and drawing focus to them in the dark. With much training Uemon has become a Sensor Type, able to detect and hone in on chakra signatures akin to a sixth sense of sorts. A useful tool when it comes to tracking or surveillance. As of now, he is capable of passively sensing chakra up to one hundred meters from his body, or one kilometer if actively searching. This also allows him to more efficiently utilize his puppets without needing a direct line of sight to his targets. Knowing the placement of actors on stage at all times is essential.
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 14, 2023 11:03:45 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Ironically, it hadn't even occurred to Shosuke that he hadn't informed Uemon about his Wood Release. It wasn't like it was something that he ran around telling people, but he had also never tried to hide it - there was no real point, for a long time it had been the only element he was actually capable of working with. So he had come to an assumption that most people he ended up fighting would know about it.

Although, the more one sat and thought about it, that mistake really was quite the foolish one. Though Kekkei Genkai weren't unheard of, they were rare in of themselves. In a village of thousands, if not hundred of thousands, one might run into maybe five or six families capable of pulling together such things? But those were entire families. For one person to have "developed" it themselves was almost entirely unheard of. It was what had made him stand out so much as a candidate to his family after all.

Though, such things should be thought about another time. Right now, he was having to deal with the task at hand.

With three of Shosuke and three of Uemon, it was a matter of one going after each. Something that led there to being two clones going after the clumped together pair, and one branching off to go after the clone that was concealing itself as a dummy.

Of course, the gesture was entire pointless for two reasons - First of all was the fact that, seeing through the ground as he did, he had been able to see the clone up until they had cast the Henge in the first place. Thus, all their current transformation was doing was stopping them from running, making it all too easy for them to be caught out. The second reason it was pointless was... well, unless something had gone horrifically wrong, no training dummy had a pulse and a heartbeat.

Drawing a trio of kunai from their belt, the wooden clone in question drew his arm back and threw them towards the central mass of the wooden dummy. Fortunately, this was nothing but a clone so there was no need to hold back to make sure that they didn't accidentally get injured.

The two that were heading towards Uemon and his remaining clone seemed to not even hesitate in their approach. Though indeed they couldn't hear their breathing or sense their location, the simple fact was that as long as they were alive their hearts would continue to beat, and that alone was sufficient to make it clear what was and wasn't alive in the local environment.

"You're going to have to do better than that!"

Once they got close enough, the pair would break out into a spring towards their locations, the wooden clone aiming to bring a fist down across Uemon's face - or, at the very least, where he was reading Uemon's head to be. There was always the smallest chance that this too was some part of a larger trick.

500 words |

Mizuame Nabara - [Starch Syrup Capture Field]: 6/9
Jutsus Used: See Last Post
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 17, 2023 4:49:33 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin

a ghost makes no noise

Still crouched, the wanderer's mouth could not help but twitch at the doctor's words. Not quite a smirk, but some reflex approximating the start of one. "I'll have to do better indeed." He thought as he felt one of his clones disperse.

If he wanted to keep away, he was going to have to show just a bit more finesse. Taking just a moment to concentrate, both he and his remaining bunshin funneled some chakra to the soles of their feet. Readying the Kinobori no Waza to prepare for their ascent. Just as they began to move two Shosuke's approached, Uemon and the remaining clone weaving a lone Tora hand seal at the same time. A strike was thrown... and then they were gone.

Blurring up the face of the rocky spire just in the nick of time with a last-second usage of Shunshin no Jutsu. If he could not hide just yet from the doctor's sensory capabilities, he could at least run. Both Uemon and his bunshin crisscrossed during their rapid rise until they neared the top. They paused for just a moment to bend at the knees...

Then jumped away from the rockface and back towards the training grounds. Flight was apparently one way to deceive the Kumo-nin's extensive blindsense but he did not have wings. So the real Uemon extended his right hand towards a long, jutting overhang instead. Five translucent chakra threads shot forth from the tips of his fingers, sticking to the bottom of the rock. With a twist of his wrist they wrapped around his hand and he gripped them tight, his Takuto Mojiretsu completely stopping his jump and suspending him mid-air. An impromptu grappling hook.

Honestly he was not sure if the strings would halt any vibrations from moving through the spire, but at the very least he hoped the odd placement and dangling nature of his body would throw the doctor off. Two Uemon's jumped but only one would land, the remaining clone instantly taking off in a hastened sprint in search of a hiding spot. "Here comes the moment of truth..." Uemon thought, swaying gently from the threads and doing his best to still his movements. If this did not work, all he had left to fall back on were more bunshins and the Shunshin to misdirect.

Normally he was able to utilize smoke and flash bombs to aid in his evasiveness, but with Shosuke's sight a limited factor and him being able to sense vibrations rendered his normal methods useless. "I really do need to start work on that bird puppet..." He thought as he hung there from his threads, watching closely for the Kumo-nin's reaction. 

SUPPORTIVE TECHNIQUES:
NAME: Kinobori no Waza [Act of Tree Climbing]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]
DESCRIPTION:
An advanced genin level technique, it serves as a means to both enhance chakra control when mastered as well as a means to change one's advantages on the battlefield. By applying chakra to the soles of the feet, the shinobi gains the ability to walk and stand on vertical surfaces or even upside down.

NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
HANDSEALS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, compounding in exertion and difficulty each time. with any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion. The hand seal for this technique must be held until the shinobi reaches their destination, making it impossible to utilize other techniques regardless of any preparation.

NAME: Takuto Mojiretsu [Grappling String]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Puppetry]
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
DESCRIPTION:
A useful, but difficult to master skill. This technique requires an entire hand's worth of puppetry strings, the user sending five strings to latch onto a surface before quickly wrapping their hand around the strings and finally shortening the strings at a high speed. While this could be used to rapidly pull light objects towards the user, it is more commonly used to pull the user towards to object they anchor the strings onto. This effectively allows a puppeteer to use their puppet strings as a grappling hook and quickly move around the battlefield.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

ASHIZUKAI・足遣い - SPEED

SHOMEI・署名 - SENSOR TYPE 
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 17, 2023 7:04:01 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
The clones threw the punch, but the punch whiffed and both Uemon and his own clone were gone in an instant. Of course, it made sense that Uemon was faster than he was in terms of reaction, the man was a swordsman. Compared to someone who could comfortably rely on ninjutsu, in close quarters reactions were the difference between life and death.

Still, if they were hoping to escape Shosuke's notice, they were doing a bad job.

With the Yamamoto's blindsense, they were able to feel anything as long as it was connected to the ground. That included vertical surfaces, so as Uemon made his way up the wall Shosuke could still keep track of his movements. At least, for the first part. From the very moment that Uemon jumped, the very moment his feet left contact with the solid wall, Shosuke's blind-sense could no longer register them.

What was noticeable, however, was that even when Uemon formed his chakra strings and used them to grapple onto the overhang, Shosuke's radar still did not appear to go off. It may have struck Uemon as strange, but the more one thought about it the more it made sense - Chakra strings were just that; strings made of chakra. Chakra wasn't a physical object, so there was nothing tangible touching the overhang, leaving him completely in the dark as to his location.

However, if Uemon thought that Shosuke was unprepared for this eventuality, he would come to realise just how sorely mistaken he actually was.

It was clear that Uemon had jumped off the wall. The jump hadn't seemed particularly powerful, nor had Uemon put a particularly large amount of force into his leg muscles, so he had to be within jumping distance from the wall. This wasn't some unique form of jumping jutsu, at least as far as Shosuke was aware. Therefore, he simply moved close to where the man jumped, before his hands began weaving together to form several quick handsigns.

As soon as the handsigns were finished, lush vegetation seemed to swarm out from Shosuke's position, large vines beginning to wrap around the wall and coil around anything within the area that they could get their bodies around. Their bodies responded to movement, and with Uemon dangling precariously from several chakra strings in as windy an area as Kumogakure was, there was no way that his body would be able to avoid moving at least a little within the wind.

The moment he moved, should he not find a way to avoid doing so, the vines would shoot up and begin to coil around his position, looking to yank him down to the ground and crush him like boa constrictors. It was a violent and blunt technique, but it was one that Shosuke had come to rely on as a shinobi.

Simply put, just because Shosuke's eyes didn't work didn't mean that he didn't have techniques that could see for him.

491 words |

Mizuame Nabara - [Starch Syrup Capture Field]: 7/9

Jutsus Used
See Last Post

NAME: Budō o sasu [Strangling Vines]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Mokuton
HANDSEALS: 6
DECRIPTION:
Once the shinobi completes the handseals vines grow up from the ground within thirty feet winding their way up trees or ledges to drape down and spreading over the likes of a building in a lattice like pattern. From then on the plants will appear to simply be normal dormant vines, but will attempt to entangle and strangle anyone that touches them or comes within their reach of five feet who is not their original caster or designated by their caster. This justu was often left behind as a trap by the Senju or cast over their homes or outposts to prevent intrusion.
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 18, 2023 22:32:05 GMT -5
Muramasa Uemon
By any means.
Muramasa Uemon Avatar
groupWandering-Nin

game of cat and mouse

On one hand his gambit had paid off, on the other... there was nowhere to run mid-air. "Gods damn it."

Flora sprang to life beneath, wrapping around the spire as vines snaked up its face in pursuit. Chakra being the normally imperceptible substance that it was did help throw Shosuke's blindsense but not his object permeance.

And of course dangling as he was— his body swayed a bit in the breeze and from the momentum of his own previous jump. It seemed this Mokuton was a versatile element indeed as the coiling vines shot towards him. Still hanging in mid-air with little options left to him Uemon did the only thing he could do at this point in time...

Let go. In an instant his threads de-latched and gravity played its part, though not before a few of the vines wrapped around his body, hooking his jacket. They tugged downward hoping to slam him into the ground below, and with no time to reach for a weapon to cut himself loose he opted for a simpler solution. Flexing the fingers on his right hand, the strings flowing from their tips coiled around both them and down his forearm. The Ito Sagyō, a jutsu of his own creation meant to falsely increase his physical strength for a time. He reached outward to grab hold of the first creeping plant he could and yanked backwards as hard as he could. Hoping to tear it free completely.

Again and again he would grab hold and rip, using his own learned speed to full effect as he tried to save himself from what would surely be a rough landing otherwise. Eventually he managed to wriggle just free enough to position his feet for a proper landing. It was not without pain and he touched down harshly in a crouched position, but as soon as he did he would try to tear one last vine free while he dashed away at the same time. Leaving his jacket in the clutches of the remaining hostile foliage. "This is going to sting later..." He thought, hand already aching.

Good thing he avoided any punching... or else he might have fractured something. Uemon dashed off in the direction of his remaining bunshin, his threads dissipating completely as he weaved another series of hand seals in preparation. "One final ploy, I think." While his real body ran and readied a simple Kawarimi no Jutsu, his clone sought a similar overhang on a distant spire to latch onto using its own Takuto Mojiretsu and took to the air to hang from.

Shosuke's blindsense had proven a more than worthy obstacle and it was becoming clear that as of now he had few ways to evade it. Regardless, he stayed mindful of his footfalls even as he ran. Stepping lighter, moving with more ease, remaining permanently conscious of the weight of his steps even in the midst of 'battle'. An improvement...

...but would his last ditch effort to lose the doctor play out the way he hoped? Win or lose this game of tag, the end result was rapidly approaching. And it seemed the both of them were improving as the engagement wore on.

SUPPORTIVE TECHNIQUES:
NAME: Ito Sagyō [String Work]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low [Continuous]
ELEMENT: ---
REQUIREMENT: Taijutsu Specialization, Enhanced Chakra Control SA
DESCRIPTION:
A unique application of a puppeteer's chakra threads. Rather than using them to control a marionette Uemon instead flexes his fingers, allowing them to coil around his arm tightly to reinforce it and grant him great strength beyond what he's normally capable of as long as the strings are in place. Able to lift heavy objects and deal more damage with taijutsu while active String Work is a powerful boon to his combat ability. This unorthodox method of inflating his strength does not come without a cost however. Most shinobi who possess immense strength also require equal durability to avoid harming themselves when using it. Without this his very body is put at risk with prolonged use of this technique. Lifting very heavy weight or striking dense solid matter can fracture and eventually break the limb(s) used to do so. The usage of chakra threads this way also prevents those strings from being used to manipulate puppets until deactivated. Requires five chakra strings per strengthened limb but can also use ten total to enhance one even further.

NAME: Takuto Mojiretsu [Grappling String]
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
DESCRIPTION:
A useful, but difficult to master skill. This technique requires an entire hand's worth of puppetry strings, the user sending five strings to latch onto a surface before quickly wrapping their hand around the strings and finally shortening the strings at a high speed. While this could be used to rapidly pull light objects towards the user, it is more commonly used to pull the user towards to object they anchor the strings onto. This effectively allows a puppeteer to use their puppet strings as a grappling hook and quickly move around the battlefield.

DEFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:
NAME: Kawarimi no Jutsu [Body Replacement Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
After performing the necessary hand seals (one post prior to the technique's use) and locating a nearby object within a 10 meter radius (typically a log or something of similar size to their body.), the user switches places with the said object just before an attack lands, creating an optical illusion. During the small interval where they have left their opponent surprised, they may take the time to attack or flee.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

ASHIZUKAI・足遣い - SPEED

SHOMEI・署名 - SENSOR TYPE 
Once More with Feeling [T/Uemon]Oct 19, 2023 22:48:55 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Uemon wrapped his arm in his strings and reinforced his strength, managing to rip off the tip of one of the vines. However, what he might not have expected was that the rest of the vine would continue to come up to try to claim him, an uncaring and ever-vigilant huntsman for its prey.

What Uemon appeared to not understand was that these vines weren't sapient, they didn't have the ability to recognize and internalize pain, they had only a baseline, brutish, animalistic level of understanding. Or, perhaps, one could more accurately compare them to a machine, a perfect anti-intruder system.

Uemon tore and ripped through the vines, but each time he did he would find that the vine came free around halfway down the vine, leaving the bottom half to try and grab what it could. He came closer with each second and as he did they aimed for whatever they could grab - legs or ankles or even just feet, aiming to bind him, restrict him, crush him into paste.

Even still, he managed to burst through them with a sudden bout of speed, sending up a plume of vegetation in the air, leaf and greenery falling down around the area. The wannin ran towards his other bunshin, clearly hoping to reach them, his body moving with undeniable grace as he tore across the arena.

However, it seemed that Uemon had forgotten something rather important - He wasn't the only one with clones.

In the interim, Sho's clones had charged across the arena, using Uemon himself as a beacon. They could see the direction he was heading, and unlike him, they were absolutely free to react however they pleased. Both of them shot forwards as one, a pair of body flickers triggering as they aimed to appear around him, repeatedly striking down upon his fleeing body.

Meanwhile, Sho prepared for the alternative. Uemon was touching the ground and so he could see what his hands were doing. More importantly, he knew those hand signs. He rarely had use for the technique himself, but he had learned it in the academy all the same. If he was aiming to perform some body replacement trickery, Sho would simply have to leave him nowhere to go.

In a mirror of Uemon's own hands, his hands were forming handsigns of their own. However, unlike Uemon's which were clearly defensive, this was a far more intensive and impressive technique.

"TAKITSUBO NO JUTSU!"

In an instant, a surge of water shot forth from Sho's hand like a crashing wave, the entire training area flooding in moments. Now, wherever Uemon attempted to go when his body replacement paid off, he would be slowed and forced to trudge through the deep water permeating the entire area. Meanwhile, Sho's clones, made of dense wood, were far heavier than Uemon and thus able to avoid being blasted away by the sudden surging crest of water.

485 words |

Mizuame Nabara - [Starch Syrup Capture Field]: 8/9

Jutsus Used
Name:Takitsubo no Jutsu - [Waterfall Basin Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Potential Continuous]
Type:Ninjutsu
Element:Suiton
Description:
Takitsubo no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu utilizing the Water Element. The ninja will do the necessary hand seals to create a large volume of water. This is a go to for many shinobi who specialize in Suiton techniques. It should be noted that for continually pouring in a moderate amount of chakra the user may keep making water. However while creating water the user can only move at a brisk walk at most.

Clone #1 Body Flickers: 3/4
Clone #2 Body Flickers 3/4