Uchiha Clan Genjutsu DLC pack 2

compose a reply
Uchiha Clan Genjutsu DLC pack 2Oct 8, 2023 13:41:02 GMT -5
Lady Kazui
The sun will always rise after the storm.
Lady Kazui Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday December 25th rank Jōnin occupation Jōnin Hanchō | Head Commander of Root

Uchiha Hypno Eye

NAME: Sharingan: Rūpu [Copy Wheel Eye: Loop]

CHAKRA USAGE: Low [Drain]

CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu

ELEMENT: N/A

HANDSEALS: 0

TRIGGER: AOE 30 - 60m

REQUIREMENT: Two Tomoe Sharingan and up

DESCRIPTION:
With their dojutsu active, the user pushes their chakra outward through their eyes across a sizable area. With this active, the moment anyone or anything steps into this area, they will fall underneath the spell of the caster. This is a subtle yet annoying technique. And with a high enough skill in the art of genjutsu one may even cause the target to go mad or simply give up. The basis of the illusion is simple however, as a user stays focused over a certain area they begin causing the target to keep experiencing certain interactions over and over again, seemingly never making progress in whatever they're trying to accomplish. For example, if the target opens a door, walks through a room, and tries to exit through an opposite door, they will simply find themselves back at square one - entering the same room yet again with the same exit available as before, even taking a different approach would result in the same outcome.

Like always, the user has a degree of control over the genjutsu - capable of changing the scenery, removing themselves from the scene completely or bringing themselves or even multiple versions of themselves into the illusion. (Chakra control is required to make changes as well as for going over 30m)

last edit by Lady Kazui on Oct 19, 2023 18:40:20 GMT -5
Yamori has written 206 posts
Uchiha Clan Genjutsu DLC pack 2Oct 19, 2023 6:44:47 GMT -5
zazu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
zazu Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation

Zazu's review

General: I'm honestly at a lost if i should straight out deny these, finding myself hard pressed to rationalize allowing nerfed versions of canon mangekyou sharingan abilities. That said, 'ill work with you, and allow the next reviewer to make the decision. 

Sharingan: Rūpu [Copy Wheel Eye: Loop]: High Cost, with medium drain. Nine Handseals. change the second paragraph to small alterations of scenery and remove any mention of removing yourself or add multiple versions of yourself to the genjutsu. As an AoE, you can always remain hidden while a target is under the influence.

Sharingan: Yuganda Sekai [Copy Wheel Eye: Warped Worlds]: I really can't see thid working, as it's too expansive; basically giving you an all encompassing genjutsu. If you wish to narrow its purview i could come around. 

Approval: (in progress)

has written 31 posts
Uchiha Clan Genjutsu DLC pack 2Oct 19, 2023 18:23:50 GMT -5
Lady Kazui
Lady Kazui Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday December 25th rank Jōnin occupation Jōnin Hanchō | Head Commander of Root
Hello Zazu, I’m willing to work with you on these but I would like to point this out. 1.) In no way shape or form are these even close to canon mangekyo abilities, these are simply sharingan jutsu that I thought of and created myself. So please keep that in mind. 2.) The sharingan is a genjutsu focused dojutsu, and even getting to the second tomoe to even be allowed to use their genjutsu takes a lot of work. Please keep that in mind as well.

Copy Wheel Eye: Loop - A HIGH cost and a MEDIUM drain on a GENJUTSU is absurd. Asking for handseals from a sharingan genjutsu is also absurd considering the whole shabang of the clan is casting genjutsu with just their eyes and with how it is to progress through the clan’s kkg - I absolutely refuse to undermine my clans abilities. These are non-negotiables and I refuse to edit because they’re once again clan abilities. There’s not much that I’m willing to change about this genjutsu in particular because the caster of a genjutsu has control over the scene that they’re setting because it’s an illusionary world. It’s an AOE which means it’s easier to break out of, plus it catches multiple people so it’s even easier to break out of. It has no crazy effect on the target outside of creating confusion and a sense of feeling stuck.

Warped Worlds - If you don’t like this particular jutsu that’s fine as I don’t really care for it. Though I must say it isn’t all encompassing just a shift in how the world is perceived by the target. Once again these are high ranking sharingan genjutsu so please keep that in mind. Thank you.

If you feel the need to deny them then please feel free but they’ll just be placed back into notify for a different opinion.
Uchiha Clan Genjutsu DLC pack 2Oct 31, 2023 6:50:16 GMT -5
Toff E
Toff E Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

Heya Yamo! I generally wanna say that Sharingan genjutsu are kind of hard to assess because of the metric ass ton of random catch all genjutsu most remember from the series in canon and the lack of a more defined direction and I think that trying to find that modern direction with the dojutsu is definitely something for us to work on here. This is honestly a good start in that regard, but I do have changes that I would ask you make.

Cost: I think a medium cost for the initial here is actually rather fair especially if this is catching multiple people even if the actual way that works may need to be altered.

Trigger: Visual - User's Eyesight; if the dojutsu is the source of the technique then looking at kazui even if they don't notice Kazui do to some factor, or the techniques effect would likely benefit this more then it suddenly being a 'walk in this area and suddenly genjutsu' when that is very akin to the Tenka clan hijutsu in Amegakure.

Description: Here is where you would mention its range limitation.

"With their dojutsu active, the user pushes their chakra outward through their eyes across a sizable area. With this active, the moment anyone or anything steps into this area, they will fall underneath the spell of the caster." to "With their dojutsu active, the user sets the genjutsu's trigger within their eyes upon spotting someone within X meters the user can put their enemy under their spell assuming they are not looking away from the user."

Going off more what we see with Itachi in flashbacks, he was able to use his dojutsu even when the enemy was not aware of him as long as they were facing him, and I think that's a fine enough distinction as it would not invalidate the reason why Guy looking down would have allowed him to ignore Itachi's capable eyes. This gives the Uchiha a bit more autonomy with their genjutsu in terms of placing others under it while still allowing for the normal 'look away from visual triggered genjutsu if they are aware of the Uchiha and their dojutsu. Potentially finicky? Maybe, but that is the reason we often rule battle mod posts on very small details of someone's post in situations like that.

"The basis of the illusion is simple however, as a user stays focused over a certain area they begin causing the target to keep experiencing certain interactions over and over again, seemingly never making progress in whatever they're trying to accomplish." - Would need wording changes to match above.

"Like always, the user has a degree of control over the genjutsu - capable of changing the scenery, removing themselves from the scene completely or bringing themselves or even multiple versions of themselves into the illusion. (Chakra control is required to make changes as well as for going over 30m)" - This feels more like an SA to a degree rather then anything or potentially more a very easy meshing of layered genjutsu for free as we do have jutsu that remove you or make more of you in the universal index. leave it closer to above and just remove this, the technique is meant to be subtly leading someone in a circle, if they are going to go in a circle then they shouldn't really be seeing 50 Kazui's telling them something is wrong anyways.
has written 96,183 posts
Uchiha Clan Genjutsu DLC pack 2Nov 2, 2023 7:10:32 GMT -5
Lady Kazui
Lady Kazui Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Most genjutsu shown in the series is triggered by direct eye contact and thus most genjutsu shown aren’t actually "all-catching” but I suppose I get your point. While trying to find a modern direction however please keep in mind the process of what it takes to actually play and progress within the clan - this is a hill that I will die on 10/10. I’ll point this out so that you understand where I’m coming from. Me and AP both are the only players on site who have tried to naturally progress through this clan’s KKG AND progress through a Jinchuriki and we both agree that progressing through this KKG is much MUCH harder and heavily scrutinized than the literal walking nukes of the site. We have no problem with that (well I know I’m fine with it) but the clan and by proxy their abilities should be treated as such.

Cost: It’s not a debilitating genjutsu, it's just bothersome, but ok.

Trigger: The Tenka clan reflects their chakra off of water in the atmosphere, creating visual effects in the area. They aren’t the end all be all AOE Genjutsu Users..they have numerous ways to apply their genjutsu. The Uchiha projects chakra from their eyes (Susanoo, Amaterasu, Casting with Eyes Alone, Etc) is projection of chakra from the User’s eyes - this is no different just in genjutsu form. Plus AOE Genjutsu are already a thing that even normal genjutsu users are capable of using. I’ll also note that seeing the user as a trigger completely makes this technique USELESS, this genjutsu has nothing that critically alters the target - it’s just a roadblock genjutsu (reason for the AOE) In addition, with the genjutsu being AOE, it lowers the Kai-ability needed to a D rank…

Description: I’m not placing the range here because I insist on keeping the AOE trigger, but if you insist on changing it to the target seeing the user, then I ask the jutsu be much harder to break out of, and the user won’t have to focus to maintain the technique but instead there’s a certain number of rotations that I will request to be hefty as well.

The way it’s written is that, the user focuses their chakra over an area and they keep focusing on the chakra output to keep the illusion active - they wouldn’t be fighting, they wouldn’t even be moving. This genjutsu has no practical use in combat outside creating a diversion and/or confusion/frustration.

In addition, a lot of genjutsu remove and/or add other people to the scene. The genjutsu that summons dead people from the person’s body? The genjutsu that summons a creature that rips through the target's stomach, I can go on. Nitpicking on bringing your character in and out of the scene is wild especially since it’s an illusion that you have control over. Genjutsu are supposed to be believable yes so there’s no practical reasoning behind 50 of anyone showing up (even though there’s a clone technique) but since it’s an AOE creating mirages of one’s self throughout the area of the illusion is VERY FITTING and PRACTICAL.

Edits pending.
last edit by Lady Kazui on Nov 2, 2023 7:16:23 GMT -5
Uchiha Clan Genjutsu DLC pack 2Nov 5, 2023 6:27:47 GMT -5
Toff E
Toff E Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

Staff is planning on looking into some of the stuff you mentioned, but that will come as it does IN TIME not immediately. I will address though that the clan is hard to progress, yes, but that has no say in modernization. The sharingan has mostly gone untouched like much of the oldest parts of this site, so when I say 'modern direction' understand I am saying that it needs to work at least mostly along the lines that I am helping to draw - as the existing ones are sloppy at best and should not be your precedent here. Please keep an open mind and we can likely hash out this technique in a healthy direction that can set a better precedent.

Chakra Cost: Something I firmly believe is that if you are able to effect a larger grouping of people, the initial cost for something like that should be taxing, even if the maintenance is cheap.

Trigger: My point with the Tenka goes to the fact that a genjutsu trigger can not be a bubble of 'You walk within an area and now your genjutsu'd' that should never fly and if it exists on site that needs alteration. The Tenka ONLY affect a certain area, walking outside the range and back in STILL LETS YOU ENTER AND EXIT THE JUTSU because it only works inside the area the Tenka can work within.

The sharingan doesn't create genjutsu chakra bubbles, it allows the user to project images from their eyes which is why most things require eyesight. What I am suggesting is that even if they can't directly see her if she can see them she can project this technique.

Even outside of this argument 'AoE 30-60' is not a trigger, its a range which means this is lacking a proper trigger regardless. The kai rank would also be C-Rank, not D-Rank it is one rank down not two.

Description: What I am expressly asking is it work within the range while the user has eyesight, again having some massive range she can just automatically genjutsu everyone inside of is how this encroaches on the Tenka, not due to it being AoE, but simply because its trying to ignore what the sharingan does, sensory alteration via EYESIGHT, even a normal AoE genjutsu should have a trigger that you have to somehow be interacting with to create the effect that your enemy are dealing with, not just 'You walk within an area and now your genjutsu'd' even and ESPECIALLY if I'm unaware of you. I understand Kazui has sensory, but not every uchiha does, or will, have it, which makes that an incredibly hard thing to argue even if the origin point wasn't a pair of magical above the average vision capability eyeballs.

On the last point, you are correct there are plenty of those, however to iterate in your own words: "it’s just a roadblock genjutsu". You can only twist the image so much before you are in territory where you should just be layering techniques onto the enemy. This technique allows you to subtly shape the environment to cause the enemy to go in circles nigh indefinitely THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FINE HERE, as the idea is that they don't realize they are making no progress in travel. I stand on what I said, if you want to also be making it so others see something else while looping you need to introduce other jutsu via layering not through just adding a paragraph. This is a part of this for me that is not within discussion for compromise for me and I'm going to ask you stick to the original edit provided here.

As a final note: I am not trying to argue over what you can/can't do, but I am trying to VERY clear you are not focusing on what the dojutsu does to utilize its techniques. Don't use the kkg as the excuse for why its limited, give it reason to be there. A chakra bubble is not doing that for you, and I would deny that of a universal just as readily. What you do have is an excuse to say 'You're within X meters and I can see you clear as day, start going in circles'. Having a set duration is probably the smarter option with the ability to re-up it after a time, but I would argue then we likely aren't dealing with a great concept for a an AoE jutsu specifically here, just a really good single target lockdown.
has written 96,183 posts