Jaybe Gate

compose a reply
Jaybe GateOct 12, 2023 22:09:06 GMT -5
Sharp
Am I a friend or foe?
Sharp Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday Jan rank occupation NPC Mod
I would like to bring forth to the sites members and those who may be concerned, as well as future and past members who may be returning that the behavior of certain staff is unfair and unacceptable. The level of bias exercised against J by a certain staff member that will remain unnamed in this thread is incredibly apparent. I theorize that that person, who will not be named because this isn't about targeting anyone, pushed J out of their leadership position for their own gain and now they are unfairly reviewing their jutsu in an attempt to deliver the final blow to J because of some sort of sick vendetta.

J's jutsu is very many hand seals. They wouldn't even be able to use it in most cases because of how many hand seals it has. It also requires a lot of SAs, most of which are pretty standard for someone of their build to have, but it also requires them to be a Konoha shinobi. Right now Konoha is on the less popular side of the site and could use a good big jutsu to make it more balanced against Han's character. Plus it is illegal so it won't actually ever get used except for when they can get a hold of Jian. Plus it requires a strike so it isn't even that much stronger than byakugan. Sure, it kills you, but someone with byakugan can just paralyze you and then stab you in the heart so it is really pretty much the same. Plus Kuni can counter it so.

Overall I think we need to acknowledge the unfair treatment that J. is receiving from a particular staff member and see it for the hateful act that it is. There should be nothing short of a public apology from not only that particular staff member who should step forward and identify themselves, but they should step down from their position and be forced into the role of wiki mod to get the neglected wiki up to date with everything that has happened for the past several years.

last edit by Sharp on Oct 13, 2023 23:35:09 GMT -5
Sharp has written 10,047 posts
Jaybe GateOct 13, 2023 5:41:57 GMT -5
Haruno Seiji
there must be a better way than this.
Haruno Seiji Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday may 9th rank adv. genin occupation gate guard
Erm, so I wasn't going to say anything but yeah I think it's pretty clear at this point that I've become the villain of the site and the main target of actual real bullying. Staff has seemingly collectively banded together to basically say cruel things about my personage and also basically review bomb my applications with negative responses which is actually super frustrating.

I feel like I am lost and I cannot realize my dreams any longer...

I made what is honestly one of the more innocuous additions to the jutsu list and I made to sure to include a lot of balancing elements. I am an American so this is only natural that I would seek a jutsu that is powerful but also extremely balanced and fair and well though out. I'm not surprised that the staff member from Finland was the one to basically silence me and turn me into the laughing stock of NFB (Finland is a pretty bad place and its really cold so...) and try to erase my voice as quickly as possible.

I really appreciate Sharp pointing out some key concerns about balance that I didn't have the space to address in my review because, well frankly I felt subjugated and scared and afraid and also I felt like I couldn't really express myself because I would just get denied my of my jutsu. I feel like I can finally come clean about this now that I have at least one person in my damn corner.

I don't know if you know this but Konoha is probably the weakest village on the site. I have tried for years, rallying since at least 2016, to have its power boosted because it's literally the home of Naruto and Sasuke and that should make it better but whatever, but still I have been suppressed, oppressed and depressed every step of the way. To me the village hidden in the leaf represents everything this jutsu is all about. It is built upon the framework of fair play and each pillar of design draws a through line between it and the work of Rumiko Takahashi (for those who haven't read Naruto, that's the damn artist).

What's more critical to this, for me, is that I stayed up all damn night working on this technique. The amount of hours I spent crafting this jutsu and balancing it with other techniques like the Ultimate Defense Techniques Link Here made by our very own Arashi, are many and well into the double digits. What really, and I hate to be crass with my language here, but what really ticks me right the hell off is that for the unnamed staff member this denial was as easy as swatting a bothersome fly. Like I literally was crying I was getting sick and I was late to work the day I mad ethis technique because I put EVERYTHING into it. Then to have some "well-meaning" staff come in and just deny me? It's fucking bullshit if you ask me..

Maybe you're thinking, j, this technique isn't that balanced because it's only in Konoha. How can something be balanced if it's only in one village that's like the definition of not balanced, you say. Well I counter with something that was close to my heart the whole time I was making the damn technique. This jutsu will not just make Konoha better, but the site as a whole. Even people like Han who, despite being one of the more flagrant offenders of site rule 6, would probably see activity increase and also the general spirits of everyone on the site increase and more members would want to come to NFB to make characters in Konoha and its enemy nations.

To put a period on that, I have literally already received hundreds of emails from people on different roleplay sites petitioning me to either convert my work for their site or they simply want to join this site for the sole purpose of being on the same site as this jutsu. Read that again. Not to USE the jutsu, just to be apart of the same cinematic universe that it exists within because they feel it is profound and compelling and the best jutsu ever to be written onto the site. Again, their words not mine, cause if I felt that way I would have made it an S rank instead but its just an A rank so honestly get your knickers out of a knot staff.

Furthermore, Sharp points out some crucial balancing aspects that staff clearly didn't consider. Kuni is invincible to this technique. While it isn't written into the technique I think it's heavily implied given it's a raiton technique and that it is only affects people that have hearts (I don't know if you know this but Kuni has multiple so she'd be immune, pretty basic stuff here unnamed staff member). Also the requirements are very steep, and include prohibitively specific things like being a Tai Primary+ in order to take this technique. Normally you could take it if you were a Tai secondary but sigh, I digress. I think otherwise all requirements are fair, balanced, and they work within the systems presently used on the site and if you don't agree maybe this isn't the site for you buddy.

Also it has 65 freakin hand seals!! To put that into perspective, Shadow Clone no Jutsu onjly has one hand seal. As someone who meticulously roleplays every hand seal, I think neglecting the impact of such a long wind up is a) dismissive, b) rude and c) completely uncalled for and disrespectful and disparaging to my character. Here is a random eample from one of my combat threads in which I show the hand seals I am using and basically this would be similar to how I would implement the Blinding Light of Fury Jutsu That Transcends Humanity and Skill.

At the end of the day I'm not asking for much here guys. What I want to see is some freakin' fairness for once. Staff needs to conduct itself better and I don't give a flip that "oh we don't get paid oh this is all hours of our days that we volunteer to you guys for no actual benefit and instead we get harassed and death threats and beat up and given black eyes all day blah blah blah" YEAH, YEAH KEEP CRYIN, KID..

Basically either approve my technique or admit you are biased and a bad staff and bad at making jutsu reviews and that you will step down and cede the position to a more deserving member who could bring a lot of life to a staff team and a new perspective like either Sharp or even Tactician. Thank you to everyone on the site who read this because this is really freakin important to me.

- j.
j. has written 32 posts
Jaybe GateOct 13, 2023 5:54:46 GMT -5
TACTICIAN
farewell, good hunter. may you find your worth in the waking world.
TACTICIAN Avatar
groupnull
age twenty-seven years old birthday nov 10 rank legendary sannin occupation bad bitch
i vehemently disagree with everything j has stated in this post except for the last part, sharp and i would make excellent staff members and should be promoted and paid a living wage effective immediately. that said the unidentified staff member who so bravely voiced their opinion in this heinous matter should NOT under any circumstances be made to feel ashamed for their views or their courage in saying NO to the j.ourgeoisie.
owochimawu has written 62 posts
Jaybe GateOct 13, 2023 8:27:28 GMT -5
Toff E
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Toff E Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my batch in the Chuunin Exams, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Akatsuki, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in stealth warfare and I’m the top Kekkei Genkai user in the Hidden Leaf. You are nothing to me but just another genin. I will wipe you the fuck out with ninjutsu the likes of which has never been seen before in the Ninja World, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over ninja scrolls? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of ANBU agents across the Fire Country and your chakra is being traced right now so you better prepare for the Raikiri, maggot. The storm jutsu that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your Ninja Way. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you with over one thousand techniques, and that’s without use of Sharingan. Not only am I extensively trained in taijutsu, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Seventh Hokage and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the Ninja World, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit Fire Release all over you and you will burn in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

has written 96,183 posts
Jaybe GateOct 13, 2023 8:34:48 GMT -5
Haruno Seiji
there must be a better way than this.
Haruno Seiji Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday may 9th rank adv. genin occupation gate guard
We intentionally kept the staff member unnamed to avoid harassment but this is just another example of staff bias and hatred toward honest good natured members. I've said before that if you don't have anything productive to add then maybe avoid wasting everyone's time by butting into things that don't concern you.

This thread is pretty obviously about Cocoa.
j. has written 32 posts

quick reply

compose a reply