Courtship

compose a reply
CourtshipOct 20, 2023 13:05:35 GMT -5
Daredemo
Anybody can be a shinobi, only some can be a ninja.
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday April 2nd rank Genin occupation Team 3
DAREDEMO
    What was he doing here?

This village was filled to the brim with different compounds for some of the more "prestigious" clans in the Hidden Leaf. Daredemo had spent his entire life stuck inside one of them. He had only recently found it in himself to claw himself away from the walls of that prison called a family home. And yet still he found himself stood here at the entrance to yet another one. The Hatake family were certainly an important name in the village. Maybe not on the level of the Uchiha themselves, though Daredemo would never dare to say that aloud in front of his reason for being here today.

That reason had not been here at the gates, which was far from unsurprising. Daredemo just wasn't entirely sure of the protocol. Would he just walk inside and ask around. The Hatake didn't exactly have a no outsiders allowed rule as far as he could tell. Walking in shouldn't be the end of the world.

So why were his feet so firmly rooted to their spot? It was almost like... nerves? Daredemo wasn't sure why his nerves would be an issue. This was simply a political meeting. He would come here and state his intention to be the groom. The choice for the political alliance. But, this was still a big decision. This was still a big moment right? I mean, technically he was here to ask someone to marry him.

The moment that thought went into his mind his eyes seemed to widen like dinner plates. What was he doing, this was a MASSIVE deal? He needed to make a good impression right? What if she expected some sort of romantic aspect? Was he supposed to... date her? He only now realized that he wasn't entirely sure the implications of what he had volunteered for. Thoughts rushed in and out of his mind rapidly one after the other until.

"Hey kid, do you need something?" he couldn't have looked more taken off guard as he looked up at a shinobi who seemed to be at least chuunin level, they were wearing the flak jacket. He also saw something much more important, the Tanto they held. Hatake? Would make sense, they were walking outside of the compound. The question did seem to knock Daredemo out of his daze. 

"Y-yeah," Overthinking things wasn't going to help, he just needed to move forward, "I am Uchiha Daredemo, I am here to meet with Lady Hatake Shinde. I uhhh... don't know how much I can share, but it's about her conversation with Uchiha Issei." Daredemo did his best to speak with a level of confidence. He straightened his back, kept his face stoic. This was his opportunity to make a good impression.

The chuunin didn't seem to know much about what Daredemo was talking about, but he guided him to the right house, and explained to the people out front that he was hear to meet with Shinde. Standing outside of the doors of the girl's house, he could feel some of that anxiety began to creep back in.

Tuturu has written 209 posts
CourtshipJan 23, 2024 0:06:29 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7, -4 SD rank Chuunin occupation Kunoichi
When you were the heiress and inheritor of a clan, there were plenty of people that looked to marry you, she found out. Suitors that came from various backgrounds, quite a few that weren’t even ninja related. There were the sons of wealthy merchants or even Hi no Kuni nobility that sought to marry her solely for the prestige, for the bragging rights maybe. However, her father Toshizou had made it clear on something. That she could marry anyone she wanted; his only request was that they were a Shinobi. And if she was going to be the future head of the clan, they needed not only to be from a good family, but especially accomplished. Or at least the latter half. After all, amazing ninja could come from a variety of places.

A legitimized bastard, she had to work two…three times as hard as other ninja to catch up to speed. When she was approached, she was already a newly minted Genin; but lacked the guidance of clan nor head to make her skills exceptional. It was at this point for that reason she pushed herself to new heights on a regular basis. It was a necessity. When Daredemo was guided to Shinde’s home on this beautiful morning across the verdant expanse of field and a small lake. It was really more of a manor; which was fair. The Hatake Clan might not have been as special as the Senju and the Uchiha with their Kekkei Genkai, but the very first Hokage had been a Hatake, embodying the village’s spirit and skill. A figure of legend in their own right who had the diplomatic tact, strength, and charisma to bring many disparate clans together.

When she was approached? She’d been working on a new line of jutsu for herself that day. However, when told she had a visitor? She’d swiftly made her way to the front. Dressed in a grey kimono with a red sash tied along her waist, she’d showed herself. Bowing her head politely, she smiled showing her pearly white teeth. Her cerulean blue eyes looking into Daredemo’s as she speaks forth. "Hello, and welcome to the Hatake Compound. My name is Hatake Shinde, daughter to Hatake Toshizou, and heiress to the Hatake Clan. May I have your name?” Neatly folding her hands over her lap, she was curious. Usually people scheduled a meeting a few days to a week in advance.
dandead10 has written 307 posts
CourtshipJan 27, 2024 8:34:28 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    Daredemo was well used to grandiosity. His family home was the Uchiha Shrine, a place of great importance to any shinobi in the clan. It meant that it came with its own sense of greatness. An experience that at least seemed to benefit Daredemo here today as he didn't spend TOO much time gawking at the manor he had been lead to. A beautiful place, deserving of the head of a clan. Daredemo was used to big, he was not used to "the biggest", grand not the grandest.

At least his choice of outfit for the day seemed to match the spirit of his location of arrival. A sleeveless shirt adorned with jewelry around both his neck and waist. Large gems and intricate carvings across all the various adornments. And a kimono fit with his clan insignia embroidered on the back. His kimono not entirely worn properly, as he left his shoulders exposed. 

It was all done simply to impress the girl who was now opening her door and bowing to him. She was a beautiful girl. Seemingly a bit taller than him, but that was fine. She was dressed much simpler than him, also expected, he had known this meeting was happening, she had not. It was only when he looked into her eyes that he realized he had been simply staring for more than a few moments. 

"Yes, of course, sorry." Daredemo bowed toward the Hatake Heir, "I am Daredemo of the Uchiha. You recently spoke to our clan leader Issei about an alliance of sort between the clans. And, to that end, I am here to ask for your hand in marriage." he would share a large smile of his own, bringing his hand to the back of his head for a moment, "If you'd be willing, I'd love to speak with you for a bit about the implications of this alliance." 
CourtshipFeb 13, 2024 4:15:00 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
Daredemo presented themselves as a suitor for Shinde's hand. Widening her eyes, the first thing she took into notice was how...short they were. They were seemingly very close in height after all. However, she held reservation, and slowly looks them over before nodding her head. "Hai." Taking the liberty to step inside her home, she walks inside in her socks, guiding them along the estate's breadth before finding themselves eventually moving through sliding doors into a sitting room. A floor table with cushioned mats, as she finds herself slowly looking to one of the Hatake's servants.

"A kettle of tea please." She walked gracefully with refined steps, each of her motions seemingly practiced as she found herself soon seated before Dare, on the opposite side, as she sat with her lap folded, her cerulean eyes looking into Daredemo's coal black. "Uchiha-San." She said it with a coolness, but not bitterly cold. "I'm glad to meet you as a potential suitor from your clan. I'm not sure what it is Issei had detailed in full, but I'm happy to tell you a bit about myself, and answer any questions you have. If you'd answer mine in return. Of course."

She didn't want to make it awkward. Well. As awkward as an arranged marriage could be.

"Can I start off with...How old you are?"
CourtshipFeb 20, 2024 22:00:22 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    Daredemo was taken aback by the appearance of his, hopefully, soon to be betrothed. Daredemo didn't know too much about the girl he was faced with, but he knew that she was very pretty from first glances. She had a sense of elegance about her that was different than either of the other two people he had found attractive. But more so, this was the first time he was finding someone attractive that he hadn't really gotten to know yet. She was an interesting person, an part of him was aware that some of this initial attraction was his brain trying to push forward on his goal for the day.

A marriage proposal.

If all went well, the two of them could do a lot to strengthen the alliances between their two clans. And that's what Dare's focus needed to be as he followed her into her home, leaving his shoes in the entry. Joining her in the sitting room for tea, and making sure to marvel at the home she found herself in. Daredemo technically lived in an opulent shrine, but that was above his real living area. His family home was basically a small basement in a place less majestic than the one he found himself in. 

Her terms seemed fair, both needed to get to know the other one after all. "Thirteen," Daredemo answered plainly, "about half a year your junior if my information is correct. I'm aware that by the very nature of this meeting I have come in with more information than you, so to even that a bit, I am Daredemo, formerly caretaker for the Uchiha Shrine. A position I shall take on in earnest when my father retires from the role," or dies, but Daredemo wouldn't bring that up in the moment. Seemed counter to his plans to imply his intentions with his dad. "I know that you are looking to find alliance between the Hatake and Uchiha clans, and this is a goal I find admirable. I think both of us have desires to better our respective clans, to make them stronger. Am I correct in that assessment?" 
CourtshipFeb 20, 2024 23:53:33 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
When he said the Uchiha Shrine? Was he referring to the Naka Shrine? Listening to them speak, they talked about how they are Daredemo, the former caretaker, the duty held onto by their father so it seemed. She raised her brow momentarily on why the duty was taken from their son, but she found herself not wanting to pry. Instead, smoothing her hand along the length of her kimono, she looks upon them again and their cerulean orbs, but doesn't waste a second in response. "I do. I want to make both the Hatake and Uchiha clans stronger, better off, and to bring honor to my household as the clan's heiress. Though most importantly, to bring greatness and prosperity to Konohagakure no Sato." Before slowly smiling and showing him the slightest curl upwards of the lips as she thought back to what she told her father.

"To be Hokage. That is my dream." She'd seen the beginnings of recession within their great nation. While some might consider it to be a product of the passage of time, she'd noticed greater numbers of criminals. She'd seen disruptions to their productivity, and had also noticed a partial decline to the prosperity of their village, if not all of Hi no Kuni. The laxity of peace perhaps having contributed to this with the inaction of Hokage past. The death of fellow leaf ninja in examinations that have lead to conflicts and budding animosity. Looking upon Daredemo's blue eyes, they were a striking match for the description of the Yuki Onna. Except they were a boy.

"Tell me. What is your dream? For the future."
CourtshipFeb 21, 2024 16:22:50 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    "To become Hokage," Daredemo stated rather flatly, looking his potential wife in the eyes as his face's smile faded for a moment, a determined sense of pride exuding from him as he went. "I also plan to challenge Issei for leadership of the Uchiha clan at some point. There is much within the Uchiha that needs to be fixed. A cultural issue of sorts. I'm sure Issei will be a good start at making those changes. I hope to continue his work."

Daredemo cared deeply about the direction of the Uchiha. Even if his relationship with Issei was still greatly strained, he knew to speak his name with respect, especially outside of the clan's walls. To people who didn't need to know the clan's inner-workings, inner-turmoil. 

"To be clear, though, I support the goals of those I care for. If we were to be betrothed you would be someone I care for, and thus I would do everything in my power to make your dream into reality. Even if I'd be pushing for that position myself." Daredemo once again allowed himself to smile, a chuckle coming at his last line. "I guess what I'm more interested in however, is knowing who you are. What you like. I know that this is a political arrangement, but if we were to be married, it seems prudent that I know what it is that makes you happy. So I guess I mean to ask you things like what's your favorite food, or your favorite spot in the village proper." 

Daredemo didn't really know if that was important to her, that he care for her beyond the politics of it all. But it was important to him that he do so. 
CourtshipFeb 21, 2024 19:26:38 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
A boy with some ambition about him. Thinking about it, she found herself scratching the back of her head, not sure how to feel about the idea that he wanted to be Hokage himself. However, in those moments, she was asked. What did she like? Who was she? Taking the liberty to think, she finds herself thinking real hard. Mainly because she never thought hard about the kind of partner she wanted. "I want someone kind. Someone who'll respect me, and treat me well." Though, that was really the most basic minimum for a relationship. Slowly, she looks to the ceiling. "I love my father, I do. He's given me so much in the short time that I've met him...But I know that he could never be committed, and as a result? It's caused a lot of different issues."

"Someone who can cherish me. And I want someone who I can cherish too." She says that with a soft gingerness, before smiling, her cerulean orbs looking into Dare's own.

"I work out often, but also enjoy fishing and gardening. I develop and study jutsu, and I like long walks along the village. My favorite food is spice rice cakes, and my favorite spot in the village? Is sitting on top of the Hokage monument. Looking out over the entire village. It reminds me of the legacy, and the community we have. It's beautiful either sunrise or sunset. Other than that? I don't think I'm too high maintenance or someone who'll cause much issue. I don't ask for much."
CourtshipMar 16, 2024 17:40:05 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    "That sounds wonderful," Daredemo smiled lightly before taking a sip of his tea. It was a strange feeling to be the person being served tea, not serving it to someone else. A thought he couldn't help but try to push back down into the back of his head. It was hard to think about negatives right now, not at a time like this. This was the chance to move forward, to prove his worth. Not to dwell on the issues of his home life. 

Daredemo wouldn't be taking notes, but it was clear just by his facial expression that he was paying attention to every detail of her likes and interests. He wanted to do his best, to show her that he was serious about this pursuit. That would mean remembering things like this, showing her love and care. She had just said it herself after all, she wanted someone that would cherish her. And who wouldn't want just that. 

"I like to think I'm pretty nice. I currently volunteer at the Gure orphanage in the village. Working with the kids, it's hard not to have it bring a smile to ones face. I can also help you with gardening, though I don't think I can bring myself to fish, I just don't really like seeing animals in pain." he wanted to bond with her, to show her that he cared about her interests, but he did need to be honest about where he was, what he was. 
CourtshipMar 18, 2024 2:59:00 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
He volunteered at an orphanage? That was something that caught her ear. "That's really touching!" She says, and when she found Dare mentioning working with the kids, she could imagine them calling him Nii-San. Or Nii-Sama. "Ah. I don't like to see animals in pain either, but I usually do to eat. I think we come to appreciate food a lot more when we know where it comes from." She reassures. There was a certain ethic to this sort of thing, and in a way, she could say she enjoyed nature. Though, in those moments? She found herself sipping a bit of tea, not gulping, nor an obnoxious slurp.

"And...What do you like?" She found herself wanting to listen, make some small talk, and bond, maybe find something more they could explore, before the delved into topics of what their marriage, if they were to wed, would mean. For him. For her. What he knew about all those terms that she and Issei set. Most importantly? What she expected from him. The truth and honest truth. She wasn't going to lie and say she didn't have standards. She did, and while they might seem harsh, they were the ones she had in mind for the future of her clan. One of those things she truly sought and admired? The concept of strength. Something she desperately wanted and needed.

"What would you want from me? As a partner. As a Shinobi? As a wife?..."
CourtshipMar 24, 2024 9:23:30 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    "Sorry, didn't mean for that to be a judgmental statement in any way" Daredemo paused for a moment, looking down at his tea, "I hope it didn't come off as such. I just don't really eat meat myself. I know how to cook it, but it's never really been a big part of my appetite." 

Daredemo didn't often spend much time examining his likes and interests outside of the shinobi world. It was something he did so very little that it just never became much of a factor in his day to day analysis. "I suppose I could tell you that like your favorite food is Rice Cakes, I'm pretty partial to Dango myself. That or Soba noodles. Ramen is always good too. Any kind of noodle dish really. I like to play board games like Shogi, Go, Chess. Outside of things like that most of my time is spent training. Eventually I'll likely spend more time cleaning and preparing the shrine. I do love being useful to my clan after all."

Being useful was always something on Daredemo's mind. He needed to be useful, always. It was important, necessary even. It made him the shinobi he is now. He could only imagine that his potential partner liked to be useful as well, considering this entire meeting between the two was about helping the clans image, was it not. "When it comes to what I expect in a partner. I suppose it's just important that you're someone who helps me to grow. You seem to have a great work ethic, so I can't imagine that would be a problem. Romance is important, but I think any good shinobi union is, often, more about helping each other to grow as warriors."
CourtshipMar 29, 2024 5:03:21 GMT -5
Hatake Shinde
Hatake Shinde Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"It's okay to judge Daredemo-Kun. Everyone does." She says that in such a manner to show that even if he did show levels of displeasure, or otherwise criticism. Someone who didn't have an open mind and understanding in this world wasn't going to make it far, either in the field, or in politics. Shifting into the seiza stance, she looks him over with the softness of her blue hues before hearing his own likes. His food preferences. Simple things. From what she could tell, it seemed like to Shinde at the very least that Demo could be seen as kind. Altruistic with little love of suffering. That was something she'd take into consideration, on the kind of man he was. Though, she of course held reservations.

He spent time on his career seriously. Which was good. He liked to use his mind. He trained mostly as his free time. He spoke of being useful to his clan, and most of all? Growth. Taking the liberty to assess that, she raises her brow, and then steps back into the main room. Before reaching into a cabinet and taking out something very familiar to Daredemo. A Shogi board, as well as all of its pieces. Bringing it before them, she slowly unfolds it, and the various pieces fall across the tabletop. "I agree. In this world, strength is very important. Though. What about growth? If I were unable to push you. No longer became a challenge. Or stopped advancing you martially. What then?" An interesting question, as she tried to dig more into his character and discover more about his way of thinking.

With a clack, she slowly begins putting her pieces on one side. "Shall we play a game?"