Season Unending - [Ichi]

compose a reply
Season Unending - [Ichi]Oct 21, 2023 18:44:44 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 27 years old birthday 11/16 rank Jōnin Hanchō occupation

FROM THE FLAMES OF BATTLE I WAS FORGED, FROM THE ASH LANDS I BECAME ANEW, MY SOUL STANDS UNYIELDING TO THE CHALLENGE AHEAD

The council chambers were as dull as she always remembered. A film of dust clung to the surface of every escritoire and chairs that made up the room. Flags embossed with the symbols of every clan that was or that had been part of the village hung the walls, except behind one chair that was distinct from the rest, more regal without being overly ornate and behind it was the symbol of Kusagakure, black thread on a field of green that mimicked the long grass swaying against the breeze on the hills. That was the seat of the Lord of Kusagakure.

She had lost the count of how many had sat on such sundered throne. Chisai wondered how many more she would see there in her lifetime. In truth, she dearly hoped that she didn't count herself among such 'esteemed' list. The Lioness was a leader in many respects. She was fearless in battle, steadfast in helping her fellow shinobi an allies, but she was never an administrator. Never someone to favor the ledgers. There was wisdom and use for that, but she knew herself and what her blood sang every time that she was in the midst of battle.

A part of her was happy that she had been passed the position, but another felt a disquiet that she couldn't shake at the idea of a Chunin being their leader. It wasn't something unprecedented, many where the tales of clans that been led by younger individuals, from distant lands away to the other end of the world, stretching back to the time of the days in which fact and legend seemed to overlap. Still, it was rare. As she kept her wondering, she would turn at the sound of an aged door opening, the protest of iron and wood breaking the silence of the room as the man that had called her here.

<br>
419 ● @ ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Harukei has written 383 posts
Season Unending - [Ichi]Nov 2, 2023 15:27:34 GMT -5
Nakahara Ichī
Isn't Autumn the prettiest season?
Nakahara Ichī Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday September 10th rank Chunin occupation Jūdaime Kusa Lord
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]
Autumn
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]I will lead us to it. Definitely.

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was, for the normal man, an intimidating thing to enter a room with someone so far ahead their senior in war. However, Ichi felt no pressure when it came to the difference of dynamic. His purpose was to avoid the need to reach such a state that the a person with Chisai's experience would see no voice in the country she too called home. The Nine Voices were still building their court, but here in this court the dynamic's change would be created after all a broken rule could only be fixed so many times before it needed to change. This was the start of that change and he was going to guide it like a farmer planting his fields. Taking a breath as he lowered himself in the doorway, Ichi would walk into the room to look the jounin hanchou with a smile to his face.
[break][break]

As the door closed Ichi would turn and bow respectfully to his fellow Kusagakure shinobi, "Chisai-San, it is an honor to get to meet you finally. It would not be our first passing, but I do not believe I have ever had the chance to greet you before this moment," the Nakahara boy would state standing back to his full height and looking across to who he was meeting, "Please have a seat. Also, I ask you do not mince your words, I would assume you like many have more then one question about the state of affairs. I'd actually be quite upset if I was not about to get some form of an earfull even if none of this is my decision alone."
[break][break]

Ichi would chuckle as he referred to the elephant in the room, moving to take a seat, not in the Kusa Lord's chair that was his, but rather in the seat of an advisor, an assistant. A show of station? Perhaps, however the young lord did not dare sit in the still broken seat of his village. He had not earned that right fully yet, not until he had shown his worth for the position. Something that he would most assuredly do if he was given the chance.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]000 WORDS / @tags!!

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/4d/20/324d205170561eb455fbc92fd8deab9e.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#e68d49;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#ede8de;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]

Ichi's SA's and Techniques in Use:[break][break]

『Harvest Moon's Child』
Ichi was born to the Nakahara clan on the night of a Harvest Moon. Born with quite the green thumb he was assumed to be an inheritor of the clan's natural talents with plants. The roots ran deeper, however, as Ichi was born with a Kekkai Genkai, being a rare natural occurance of Wood Release outside of the Senju. In learning of this he has trained his kekkai to the best of his abilities. He is no master, seeing as he has no reference of Mokuton, but he has found a way to bring out techniques along side his own talents in a cohesive manner.

[Cosmetic Only: All Mokuton techniques Ichi uses appear as his favorite trees, though it has no real change as is.]

[break][break]
『Weaver of Wood』
Ichi was born with Mokuton, but he was not graced with the same level of chakra as the Senju would be in his situation. Being roughly average for an individual, Ichi instead focused on the skills his birth clan preferred. Practicing his medical skills, he has gained a higher quality of Chakra Control. Ichi is much less likely to leak chakra than the average shinobi because of this.

[break][break]
『The Festival's Atmosphere』
Having practiced his skills with extending his senses outwards with the use of mokuton chakra, Ichi is particularly adept at sensing life in an area. Capable of finding life through the very nature around people. Within [20 meters] Ichi is capable of passively sensing out plant and animal life in a general sense. Able to differentiate it between plant and animal, but no further. Unlike chakra sensory Ichi can not more or less readily sense others based on their chakra, but instead purely senses the 'vitality' in things, though even those with seemingly boundless vitality will read the same as the elderly or a newborn to him. Also unlike usually sensory to actively search out individuals Ichi requires Mokuton, or the use of his pipe (though using it makes his position much easier to locate), as a catalyst to extend his senses, only going out as far as the technique's range, or twice his passive range in case of the pipe. It is also notable that the deceased, and those that feign death in some fashion, as through a poison or a jutsu, are completely invisible to Ichi. Notably the furthest he can extend his senses is [100 meters].[break][break]

『Master of Festival Games』

Ichi is incredibly smart for someone his age, but he lacks the qualifications to be a scholar. This is because his intelligence is not found in understanding of principles and anything so magnificiently deep. It instead lies in his observational talents and ability to react to everything that is going on around him with an absolute calm. Being able to plan and act with just minute details to go off of, Ichi is best described as a schemer and a diplomat rather than a genius. This makes him perfect for roles that are heavy in Tactical and Diplomatic Decision Making, as he grasps larger images and can put together clues better than others. Effectively allowing him to take in the wider picture of everything going on and piece together practical responses in mere moments with little to no hesitation or error.
Toffee has written 247 posts
Season Unending - [Ichi]Nov 6, 2023 1:33:29 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

FROM THE FLAMES OF BATTLE I WAS FORGED, FROM THE ASH LANDS I BECAME ANEW, MY SOUL STANDS UNYIELDING TO THE CHALLENGE AHEAD

"The honour is mine, Lord Ichi." She said, finding strange to refer someone younger than him by such honorific, but managing well enough to mask the disquiet she had. As the younger man would find to take a seat, the Lioness would follow him with her eyes, her lilac glare stare at him as he found his sit, not upon the sundered throne that had been his right as the lord of the village but on a subsidiary seat, a throne for a lesser house but a mere chair compared to the glory of the throne that only a lord or lady could claim.

Chisai would move, the steps of her boots resounding in the empty room, the myriad banners bearing as witness of this meeting. But rather than seating, the woman stood. Away from the chairs, arms behind her back as if she were to impart full military inspection on a new set of recruits fresh from the academy. "I'd rather stand, if you don't mind." She said, not out of a sense of mistrust or a slight towards his character but rather as something of a show of respect of his position.

"But, you speak truly. I have many questions." The Flame of the West admitted. "I... Have heard several rumors about your intentions with this august body." She said, gesturing to the empty sits within the room. "A reorganization, a reconfiguration, a reshuffling of the deck if you will." Chisai said, each word and phrase being correct of what she had heard in hushed whispers, low tones. "With what purpose, I wonder? Ichi I do not know you, not truly, I've heard of your reputation, but what guarantee is that this measure you take is for all our benefit and not to consolidate power to yourself as you bestow empty titles, ceremonial stations behind the façade of pretty names?"

<br>
342 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Season Unending - [Ichi]Nov 9, 2023 8:22:32 GMT -5
Nakahara Ichī
Nakahara Ichī Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday September 10th rank Chunin occupation Jūdaime Kusa Lord
[nospaces]

Autumn

[attr="class","skullbody"]Euphoria filled Ichi's soul as he was given the phrases he expected rather then those he did not. It was far easier to lay a lying dog to rest then one that was erratic, and in the world he now sat in such things came in the world purely as words and left as statements that muddled fact from fiction. Her straightforward demeanor making this easier, Ichi after all was not one for lies and he never had been. He was an open book, and more so then ever with the one with the second most authority next to him. Though much like always, the young man looked unnaturally collected about his surroundings. Like he was viewing them in ponder rather then anything, unperturbed by it all.
[break][break]

"With good reason I suppose, though you should know I am not the decision maker here really anymore Chisai-San. Lady Kanoh changed that when she came in under the Daimyo's charge to reconsolidate his failing officers branch. You more than I would know about this given that I was barely a genin when Lady Fifth was lost from office. I was here for Raimaa, I watched the interim lords as the public calls them, I attempted connection with Lord Yamato to learn more of what he did, and I officially came to aid the Ninth Lady Kouga Kanoh," Brief recounting of history leading to his position would likely help to explain, if only to push the point that Ichi was planning to make. It was not an assuring point, but Kusa was not a village with only one figure head, it was a village that had proven that no one could be for the time being. It was something that needed to be earned back from not just the public, but the honest leader of the nation they all called home, "In many ways my actual job has not changed, I am following the daimyo's bidding, the larger difference being I do not have the step between of Lady Kanoh any longer. You know as I do that a chunin with little of the public trust in an awkward transitional phase that I only helped Lady Kanoh begin, has no authority here."
[break][break]

Ichi's expression as he spoke was clearly calm, but it was relaxed in nature, showing a level of apparent joy that was close to fake if one didn't know him well. His silver eyes kept to Chisai with direct eye contact as he breathed out and his demeanor came forward as blunt as a stone, "Ah, forgive me this all probably sounds like excuses doesn't it. Then let me be clear of myself, and my intention to you bluntly. I am a Nohara citizen, a pacifist, a Nakahara, and a Hohei who was given station to help this nation's people in a way that will lead it to a healthier time. I answer to the one leader, that has not been publically deemed as unfit, or inept, for final say to anything. I have no intention to make further mockery of my village's military affairs by simply ignoring the necessary steps to fix it. With the construction of the Council of Nine my power you refer to will be spread among the people within, and you will be the sword that others will look up to, not me, Chisai-San. I am the assistant that is to sit in what is a clearly dishonored chair. If you have heard rumor of myself looking to build power have already spread then what I have said should only be clearer, I have only enacted the Daimyo's decisions along with Lady Ninth and I already face the heavy criticism of unease."[break][break]

Taking in an incredibly deep breath and exhaling to allow himself to resettle into his commonly jovial mood he would chuckle at his own seriousness. Perhaps it was overboard, but the point was clear, or so he hoped. Smiling again he placed his hands one over the other, elbows on the desk as he leaned forward and looked to his senior by what likely seemed close to a lifetime, "I can't always gaurentee I will make the right decision Chisai-San, but your job along with the others is to help me make the best ones. I am not infallible, but neither are you or our Lord Hohei. We are but humans looking to do what is best, and if you can believe that much in me. Then I look forward to building a working relationship with you as both my colleague and a mentor."

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/4d/20/324d205170561eb455fbc92fd8deab9e.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#e68d49;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]

『Harvest Moon's Child』
Ichi was born to the Nakahara clan on the night of a Harvest Moon. Born with quite the green thumb he was assumed to be an inheritor of the clan's natural talents with plants. The roots ran deeper, however, as Ichi was born with a Kekkai Genkai, being a rare natural occurance of Wood Release outside of the Senju. In learning of this he has trained his kekkai to the best of his abilities. He is no master, seeing as he has no reference of Mokuton, but he has found a way to bring out techniques along side his own talents in a cohesive manner.

[Cosmetic Only: All Mokuton techniques Ichi uses appear as his favorite trees, though it has no real change as is.]

[break][break]
『Weaver of Wood』
Ichi was born with Mokuton, but he was not graced with the same level of chakra as the Senju would be in his situation. Being roughly average for an individual, Ichi instead focused on the skills his birth clan preferred. Practicing his medical skills, he has gained a higher quality of Chakra Control. Ichi is much less likely to leak chakra than the average shinobi because of this.

[break][break]
Having practiced his skills with extending his senses outwards with the use of mokuton chakra, Ichi is particularly adept at sensing life in an area. Capable of finding life through the very nature around people. Within [20 meters] Ichi is capable of passively sensing out plant and animal life in a general sense. Able to differentiate it between plant and animal, but no further. Unlike chakra sensory Ichi can not more or less readily sense others based on their chakra, but instead purely senses the 'vitality' in things, though even those with seemingly boundless vitality will read the same as the elderly or a newborn to him. Also unlike usually sensory to actively search out individuals Ichi requires Mokuton, or the use of his pipe (though using it makes his position much easier to locate), as a catalyst to extend his senses, only going out as far as the technique's range, or twice his passive range in case of the pipe. It is also notable that the deceased, and those that feign death in some fashion, as through a poison or a jutsu, are completely invisible to Ichi. Notably the furthest he can extend his senses is [100 meters].[break][break]

Ichi is incredibly smart for someone his age, but he lacks the qualifications to be a scholar. This is because his intelligence is not found in understanding of principles and anything so magnificiently deep. It instead lies in his observational talents and ability to react to everything that is going on around him with an absolute calm. Being able to plan and act with just minute details to go off of, Ichi is best described as a schemer and a diplomat rather than a genius. This makes him perfect for roles that are heavy in Tactical and Diplomatic Decision Making, as he grasps larger images and can put together clues better than others. Effectively allowing him to take in the wider picture of everything going on and piece together practical responses in mere moments with little to no hesitation or error.
Season Unending - [Ichi]Nov 13, 2023 12:31:40 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

The Lioness blinked at the litany that came out of Ichi, her expression blank for an instant as she tried to process every single piece of detail that he had explained. It was a lot to take in and it almost made her feel impressed by the candor and continuity of speaking that much to convey a message and not lose focus. In truth she didn't believe that her new Lord would try to get power to himself, she simply had readied herself in case he did. She had her reservations on being under the leash of the Diamyo, but the lioness kept her silence for that too.

She then thought about the names of all the lords, confirmed and interim that had been around during the past decade. Some she was fond of, others she despised. The name of Yamato making her almost want to spit her vitriol into the soil and Raimaa wishing that she had went on with her threads to twist her neck when she had the chance. Her only reaction was making a hand into a fist, but still she kept her cool for the subject.

"You make valid points Ichi and don't mince words about them." She finally said. "And I can be that blade you wish me to be, but you're wrong in a single issue." She said, crossing the arms before her chest. "No one is ever fully right. As you said we are humans and a good leader always appreciate a naysmith to challenge their perview." She said, hoping that he would see her point of view in that regard. "Specially now in these trying times for the village." She said, letting her words hang for a second. "With that said... What would you have your Jonin Commander do?"

<br>
327 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Season Unending - [Ichi]Nov 18, 2023 13:57:49 GMT -5
Nakahara Ichī
Nakahara Ichī Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
[nospaces]

Autumn

[attr="class","skullbody"]The name Raimaa seemed to strike a nerve, history was there and likely good to avoid. Ichi smiled as Chisai seemed to take most all of his words with some amount of tact though, he had done his best to be stern there, but a wordy rant was still a wordy rant at the end of the day. With her seeming to cool into the conversation and the ice rather thoroughly smashed apart, the young man felt any pressure he would have felt on his body evaporate into the wind entirely.
[break][break]

"I could not agree with you more Chisai-San. As for moving forward, we have much to do and I frankly am still looking for the people to fill many of the holes in the plan that I am building. Lady Kanoh was truly a saint to set up the foundation for what I have been tasked with carrying out, but its a frankly rough matter of man power and best fits. Due to that the council we are building consolidates position a bit weird. Within it you are the Saitei-Sha, our enforcer. Civil upholding of the law, enforcement of the law is essentially your major task for delegation and decision, mind you, I still have to have this run by me to stamp off or discuss at length, but generally upholding security is now the position of the Jounin Hanchou. In short, your job has not really changed from before, it is simply expanding responsibility and I am making sure you have the assistance to really help you with that," Ichi would state with a long breath as he pulled out files and the curtains around the meeting room slide shut from movement in the shadows of the room. Monitored conversation and security were not new per say, but it was likely as much of a mood shift as one could achieve by simply sliding files across the table. Their sealed surfaces printed with what looked like a trap fuinjutsu to burn the papers if opened by the wrong person. Inside were documents of the Wasuremono, and what they had been, their relation to the village and Ichi's own grim expression.
[break][break]

"I do not know how much you yourself know of the Wasuremono, but after I learned about them I began to gather the information needed to reinstate it, though absolutely not as what it was. Its original use and goals were gross by my definition, something I refuse to have potentially stain more blood onto our hands. However, if we were to make it into an unknown task force to do work to build defenses and protect our nation unconditionally from threats that enter our borders? I believe that is honorable enough for one such as you to lead.A task force for the defense of Kusagakure, and further more, Nohara."

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]

『Harvest Moon's Child』

[break][break]
『Weaver of Wood』

[break][break]

Season Unending - [Ichi]Dec 6, 2023 11:28:32 GMT -5
Honō Chisai
Courage and Honor
Honō Chisai Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

"I see." The Lioness replied, keeping her own counsel as he spoke. And Ichi spoke much, perhaps too much that the essentials of the message could be lost in the layers of his words. In fact she could quip that a memorandum detailing her continuing and new functions could be established. But in truth, she was glad that he would give a reaffirmation of what she would need to do. She was in many ways an adherent of justice and she would do was in her power to maintian it.

Yet, when he mentioned Wasuremono, her brows forrowed slightly, arms crossed over her chest as he heard his opinions about what the organization had been in the past and what he desired it to be. Closing her eyes, she could not, more for herself rather than to agree with him. "Sometimes such dirty work might be necessary." She countered, her tone suggesting that she didn't agree with it. "I prefer to face my enemies head on, but I understand the need of cloak and dagger, to keep the peace. To bring down self-serving individuals."

Chisai had her fill of those individuals. Some of them had been in this room as well, sitting on the sundered throne. Thinking about two of them almost made her want to spit the vitriol she felt within her. "I can discard honour and glory for the sake of the village. But if the organization is what you mean it to be, then I will be ever more glad of the change you've brought." He told Ichi and then looked around. "Who else will you admit into the organization?" She wanted to know, at least tog et an idea of who would be answering to her as she sought to uphold the order in the village.

<br>
328 ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Season Unending - [Ichi]Mar 4, 2024 6:36:30 GMT -5
Nakahara Ichī
Nakahara Ichī Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
[nospaces]

Autumn

[attr="class","skullbody"]Ichi could perfectly understand where Chisai was coming from. Being more of a diplomat in terms of his views even as an active shinobi, and leadership at that, Ichi still knew that he had to accept shady work. Cloak and Dagger type work was something that he didn't particularly care for at all, but he also had no qualms with the moral conundrum that came from having to send out a squad of assassins to eliminate someone or many someones. If it meant that the greater body of the nation got to make it through to Autumn then he would skim the fat of threats to that healthy body as many times as needed. That was why he had wanted to recreate the organization of Wasuremono as soon as he had heard of it as a secret task force that was hidden more in plain sight. The Daimyo couldn't have a grasp on everything though and this was the easiest way to do things legally while keeping it under the table - mostly.
[break][break]

At the question of who he would be putting into her care Ichi would open the folder and spread three files onto the table in plan view - profiles of the three men, "Its not the actual records of everyone, but footnotes of everyone I think would fit well. The people who will absolutely be joining you, in time at the very least, are Kisei Takato, Gure Okingshi, and Hono Kusari. My most trusted family member and ANBU member, who has a spotless track record might I add, and two of our bigger... problems."
[break][break]

He paused to take a drag off of his wooden pipe, exhaling and taking in a long inhale before continuing, "Wasuremono is likely to be a land of misfits overall as the organization will, hopefully, under your care, help them rehabilitate their problems. Like with Taka, I plan to also send you people you can trust to keep their word and due good work while helping to watch over our looser cannon shinobi. A better alternative to losing many of them."

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]

『Harvest Moon's Child』

[break][break]
『Weaver of Wood』

[break][break]