CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Oct 25, 2023 9:49:08 GMT -5
kagayaku sumire
are you prepared for this?
kagayaku sumire Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday aug 03 rank academy student occupation wallflower

THE UNAVOIDABLE SUN

Sumire had concocted a plan.

The academy techniques were frightfully dull: incredibly boring both in concept and execution, childishly easy to understand. Sumire had learned three of the requisite five and considered her work complete: both transformation and clone technique would be useless to her. With Momo at her side, she would be too quick to necessitate the use of clones, and never in need of a disguise with a warm scarf to cover her face with.

Yet her instructors insisted that she needed to learn all five if she were to graduate.

This is how she ended up at medical.

Sumire lingered in the waiting room until she heard one of the receptionists take an appointment cancellation, then swiftly approached to claim that same timeslot. She briefly activated her meiseigan to really sell the idea that she was in pain, briefly blinding herself with the artificial lights inside the clinical and putting on a show of her eyes turning red and watery as she sniffled and cried. She was quickly ushered in to see the med-nin whose appointment had been canceled.

As soon as the door was closed, Sumire’s tears dried up, and her expression fell back into that same flat, disinterested neutrality.

"I need a doctor’s note,” she told the resident medic, cool and collected and utterly sure of the success of her plan. "I am medically unable to learn the transformation jutsu, for religious reasons.”

LAIKA OF THQ
tactician has written 36 posts
CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Oct 26, 2023 9:54:54 GMT -5
Okada Chie
"Someone has to fix up people's mess."
Okada Chie Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 19 years old birthday March 16th rank Chunin occupation
[googlefont=Libre Baskerville:400i|Open Sans]

[nospaces]

[newclass=".kaodov"] margin: 0px auto; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid #000000; background-color: #000000; width: 500px [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodmtop"] background-color: #2c2c2c; padding: 20px; text-align: center; color: #a38874; font-family: Geneva; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: 2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodimgtop1"] height: 250px; width: 500px; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodimgtop"] height: 250px; width: 400px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.6); border-right: 1px solid #946f59; position: relative; top: 50%; transform: translateY(-50%); display: flex; flex-direction: column; justify-content: center; margin-left: -300px; transition: 0.5s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodicon"] float: right; margin-left: auto; height: 65px; width: 65px; background-color: #570404; border: 5px solid #000000; transform: rotate(-45deg); margin-right: -38px; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodicon img"] height: 100px; transform: rotate(45deg); margin-left:-17px; margin-top: -15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodimgtext"] font-size: 9px; color: #946f59; display: inline-block; width: 250px; font-family: Open Sans; text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: -38px; margin-left: 100px; opacity: 0; transition: 0.3s; border-bottom: 1px solid #946f59; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodimgtext a"] color: #610909; font-family: Open Sans; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodov:hover .kaodimgtop"]margin-left:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodov:hover .kaodimgtext"]opacity: 1; transition: 0.3s 0.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodmain1"] padding: 40px; background-color: #946f59; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodquote"] padding: 10px 40px 0px 40px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; color:#590404; line-height: 1; font-family: Libre Baskerville; margin-bottom: 40px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodquote div"] color: #000000; font-size: 50px; float: left; margin-right: 10px; margin-top: -10px; font-family: Open Sans; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodmain"] font-family: Open Sans; color:#000000; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaddy"] font-size: 9px; line-height: 10px; letter-spacing: -1px; text-align:right; width:510px; margin:0px auto; [/newclass]

[attr="class","kaodov"]

[attr="class","kaodmtop"]Cheat no Jutsu

[attr="class","kaodimgtop1"]

[attr="class","kaodimgtop"]

[attr="class","kaodimgtext"]Tags

[attr="class","kaodicon"]

[attr="class","kaodmain1"]

[attr="class","kaodquote"]
How many times must I fix you up?

[attr="class","kaodmain"]

Today was a workday for Chie which meant she was constantly on the move. Helping patient after patient it was like she never had a break. It was exhausting work, but honestly, it's what kept her going all this time. Being able to help others even if it's just to give them advice on things such as mundane cuts and bruises just felt so rewarding for Chie. Granted she would much rather help her father out to become the best wrestler in the clan, but that didn't always pay the bills. So that's why she worked for the medical corps.[break][break]

She had been informed about a cancelation, but before she could use that as a time to take a break, for once, she was informed just as quickly as it had been canceled it got filled up. "Great," Chie would say in response to the nurse who informed her about this quick change in development. Still, it wasn't like she was ungrateful to have a continuous stream of patients it just would have been nice to have that break. So putting on her best face she would await for the patient in her room for the appointment.[break][break]

Chie would find herself face to face with a young girl, possibly academy age, asking for a doctor's note. Sounded simple enough she could whip that out fairly quickly and use the rest of the appointment to take a quick lunch. Sounded like a good plan until the girl expanded on why she wanted the doctor's note. She just wanted out of learning an academy tech which made Chie shake her head in disapproval. "Now you know I can't do that," Chie would say slightly cold as she approached the child. "Why do you not want to learn the technique may I ask?" Chie would put on a gentler tone than her initial statement as she was curious about why the child was avoiding learning the technique.

[attr="class","kaddy"]addy
Elumenate has written 26 posts
CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Nov 9, 2023 6:34:39 GMT -5
kagayaku sumire
kagayaku sumire Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

THE UNAVOIDABLE SUN

Sumire’s expression drew into a pensive frown. She’d thought her plan was flawless, and yet the medic had rejected her outright, without even entertaining the premise she had set forth. Was there some flaw in her logic? A failure in her delivery? Was she wrong, somehow?

No, it was the medic who was wrong.

"It’s not that I don’t want to,” she insisted, clasping her hands politely in front of her. With her pristine white top and pressed blue skirt she looked like a picture-perfect student, her pale hair gleaming angelic in the artificial light. She glanced over the medic’s attire, but didn’t see a nametag—shame. "I simply can’t, miss. I’m utterly unable to perform ninjutsu at all, but none of my instructors believe me. They just say I’m not trying hard enough.”

A half-truth: her instructors did insist that she wasn’t trying hard enough, but that was because she wasn’t trying hard enough.

"I would really appreciate it if you could help me out,” Sumire continued. "I’m sure there’s something I could do to make it easier for you. A favor for a favor?”

At this point it might have been easier for her to just learn the damn jutsu, but she wanted to see how far she could take the bit.

LAIKA OF THQ

CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Dec 10, 2023 14:24:02 GMT -5
Okada Chie
Okada Chie Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

[nospaces]

[newclass=".kaodov"] margin: 0px auto; padding: 5px; border: 1px solid #000000; background-color: #000000; width: 500px [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodmtop"] background-color: #2c2c2c; padding: 20px; text-align: center; color: #a38874; font-family: Geneva; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: 2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodimgtop1"] height: 250px; width: 500px; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodimgtop"] height: 250px; width: 400px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.6); border-right: 1px solid #946f59; position: relative; top: 50%; transform: translateY(-50%); display: flex; flex-direction: column; justify-content: center; margin-left: -300px; transition: 0.5s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodicon"] float: right; margin-left: auto; height: 65px; width: 65px; background-color: #570404; border: 5px solid #000000; transform: rotate(-45deg); margin-right: -38px; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodicon img"] height: 100px; transform: rotate(45deg); margin-left:-17px; margin-top: -15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodimgtext"] font-size: 9px; color: #946f59; display: inline-block; width: 250px; font-family: Open Sans; text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: -38px; margin-left: 100px; opacity: 0; transition: 0.3s; border-bottom: 1px solid #946f59; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodov:hover .kaodimgtext"]opacity: 1; transition: 0.3s 0.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodquote"] padding: 10px 40px 0px 40px; text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; color:#590404; line-height: 1; font-family: Libre Baskerville; margin-bottom: 40px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodquote div"] color: #000000; font-size: 50px; float: left; margin-right: 10px; margin-top: -10px; font-family: Open Sans; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaodmain"] font-family: Open Sans; color:#000000; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=".kaddy"] font-size: 9px; line-height: 10px; letter-spacing: -1px; text-align:right; width:510px; margin:0px auto; [/newclass]

[attr="class","kaodov"]

[attr="class","kaodmtop"]Cheat No Jutsu

Chie couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the young girl's statement. "Can't huh?" she would question the girl looking at some files she had on her desk she needed to put away. Her office was a slight mess in comparison to what it usually was with how busy she had been lately. "I find that hard to believe, but let's say that is true then how did you even get into the academy?" Chie knew applicants had to have some perchance to use ninjutsu or at the very least taijutsu so how did she make it in if she couldn't? It wasn't in the realm of impossibilities either she got examined incorrectly in their application too or something was forged, but that would fall on her parents and could lead them to trouble if that was the case.[break][break]

To make matters more interesting though the girl said that maybe she could do a favor for her if she gave the note for exemption. This bemused Chie to no end as a rare smile appeared on her face, "And what do you think you could offer then?" She didn't need an assistant in the office especially one so young nor did she need help with much around her so what could such a child offer that Chie would be willing to mess up the girl's education with?

CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Dec 19, 2023 3:26:09 GMT -5
kagayaku sumire
kagayaku sumire Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

THE UNAVOIDABLE SUN

Sumire’s reply was prompt: there was no delay between the concoction of the lie and the delivery of it, largely because it was mostly not a lie at all.

"I’m quite talented with taijutsu, miss,” she said, still the picture-perfect image of politesse. "At least, that’s what I’ve been told.” Leaning on humility would make her more sympathetic; people loved an underdog. "Every time I try to perform a ninjutsu technique, it simply fails to take hold.”

Again, not completely a lie. Her struggle with the transformation technique had been getting her chakra under control for long enough to alter her outward appearance. Sumire weaved the necessary handseals with textbook precision, and a puff of smoke briefly obscured her form—but when it cleared, she was left only as herself, with absolutely no change of note. All her chakra was gathered and molded appropriately, and then expelled in one overwhelming burst: there was no finesse there, no control, only raw power too wild to reign in.

She visibly perked up when the med-nin asked what she could offer: the hook had been latched, now, and all Sumire had to do was reel the woman in.

"I’m only an academy student,” she said pensively, her gaze lowering to the ground in an imitation of bashfulness. "But I’m familiar with those who could provide any number of services, if you’re in need. Medicines, tools, weapons, assistants, pleasure-houses. Anything, really.”

A bold claim, but one she could sincerely follow up on, if she asked her brother nicely enough.

LAIKA OF THQ

CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Dec 20, 2023 22:08:15 GMT -5
Okada Chie
Okada Chie Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

[nospaces]

[attr="class","kaodov"]

[attr="class","kaodmtop"]Chie's Log

"Taijutsu alone won't get you to complete your coursework in the academy I should know that originally how I started," Chie would say though this was a pseudo lie. She did inherit her father's combat skills due to his time in the ring, but his talents were barely anything to call good she did well in the academy because of her understanding of the human body so her medical knowledge is what helped her through those years of the academy. Then the girl would demonstrate her attempt at the transformation jutsu and honestly, it looked correct, but as she said it didn't hold. "Interesting," Chie would say her mind racing with ideas on how this was possible.[break][break]

As for her helping out at the clinic it honestly wasn't the worst idea even though Chie didn't think she would be able to excuse her from the academy lessons if she worked here. Then Chie got a wonderful idea. What if she overlooked the child's training a bit maybe then her medical knowledge could help her figure out why she had this ninjutsu block. plus it would give Chie a chance to study another human being and that always excited her. "You are more than welcome to work here under me as an assistant if you can get proper permission from your family, but I have a few requirements from you," Chie would say as she went into her desk and pulled out a stethoscope and continued, "You must let me study you along with train you personally to see if we can't figure out why you have this block of yours." She would also pull out a blank notebook and pencil and title it Sumire's Log. [break][break]

"If after my study I can't find the block and see how to train you I'll secede to your claim and see about getting you excused from the lessons at the academy, but if I do you must promise me to take the study seriously, and approach your training in a different light that may help you learn ninjutsu in a way that more personalized for yourself. A win-win situation if I do say so myself so what do you say? Do you agree?" Chie's face would come off as slightly devilish because honestly, she was mostly testing the girl's mettle to see if she would keep the lie going for long periods or if she would crumble from the pressure and simply become a pawn in Chie's study of human physiology.

CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Jan 20, 2024 21:18:42 GMT -5
kagayaku sumire
kagayaku sumire Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Sumire’s eyes started to glaze over as the mednin blathered on about family permission and requirements and studying and blocks; she was quickly losing investment in the bit, her ability to commit to the lie waning by the second. It was beginning to sound like far more effort than she had any desire to exert, and she was tempted to just let it go and make her escape—actually learning the technique would be far easier at this point.

But that mischievous expression on the mednin’s face clued Sumire into the idea that she was, perhaps, vaguely cognizant that Sumire was not being entirely truthful, which reinvigorated her commitment.

"I don’t have any family in Iwagakure, miss,” she said deferentially, "I’ve been living on my own since entering the academy, but perhaps I can get my sensei to sign off on a permission slip?” A signature she’d seen more than enough times to be able to competently forge it. "May I ask your name, miss? If I’m going to be your study subject I’d like to know what to call you, if that’s alright.”

Her goal was starting to shift: it was unlikely that she was going to make it out of this room without learning the technique she was trying to avoid, but forging a connection with this woman could prove fruitful in future endeavors. Having an accomplished, frightfully earnest medic in her pocket would surely be more of a boon than a bane, yes?

LAIKA OF THQ
CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Jan 24, 2024 20:47:52 GMT -5
Okada Chie
Okada Chie Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

[nospaces]

[attr="class","kaodov"]

Chie liked this girl she had spunk especially if she was committed to this obvious bit of hers. She found it exciting to have a prosperous pupil to look over and it could help her in her studies of the human body by having a test subject so young. To see how they grow and change over specific conditions and how their young mind processes danger and methods differently than an adult mind. So in her mind, this was more for Chie than it might be for Sumire, but she wouldn't let the girl know of her true intentions at least not yet. Maybe one day she will reveal the logs of the girl to her when she is older so she could take the knowledge to improve upon herself later, but for now, it would be for Chie's eyes only.[break][break]

Still, there were obvious flaws to this girl's lies and easily disproven even for Chie's abilities. While not the major shinobi hospital the smaller clinics did retain some copies of each patient that entered and exited the village. So getting up from her desk she would go to a file cabinet and begin searching through the files and after finding the girl's surname Chie would take the file out and begin to flip through it. Fairly empty of course, but there was one form in there she knew she needed. Pulling it out she would lay it down in front of her for Sumire to see and attached to the file was a picture of her brother Hiro along with some basic information about him. [break][break]

"While I do believe you for not having parents you do have a family," Chie would say confidently giving the girl a rather smug look on her face. "We will need to send word to him and get permission from him to participate in the study and I'll be sure to mention you will be moderately compensated for being a part of the study," Chie would add this as a selling point since giving a young child who lived alone money would probably get the brother more on her side for participation. "As for my name Okada Chie are your service," Chie would finally introduce herself, "though you are more than welcome to simply call me Chie." This was mostly because of how massive the Okada family was and it would make things easier for Sumire in the long run.

CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Feb 28, 2024 2:59:51 GMT -5
kagayaku sumire
kagayaku sumire Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Sumire’s nose wrinkled as the file was placed in front of her: her own brother’s face looking up at her. He was clearly trying to smile, but in that odd lopsided way of his that never really made its way across his entire face: if you covered up the left half he looked joyous, and if you covered up the right half he was stern and unsmiling. Burns from an incident when they were younger, if she recalled correctly. The tissue in his cheek had never healed right.

Caught in the lie, then. Hiro wouldn’t be happy that anyone in Iwagakure had information on him; she made a mental note to destroy that file at the first opportunity. Undoubtedly she’d get a few chances, if she were going to be working with this woman regularly.

"Of course,” she said smoothly, "my apologies. I try not to bother him if I can help it, he’s a very busy man. I’m sure he’ll be more than happy to sign off.” Especially if it meant Sumire was getting extra funding—he’d never complained about bankrolling her, but getting an income of her own was sure to take some weight off his chest. Better if she could intercept the letter and forge his signature, but that seemed like too much effort for not enough payoff. He’d chew her out a bit for getting involved with suspicious medical experiments, but he’d still sign if she told him she wanted him to.

"Kagayaku Sumire,” she replied, curtseying politely, "but you already knew that, Miss Chie. It’s very nice to meet you. Is there anything that you would like for me to do today, or is there a better time for me to return?”

LAIKA OF THQ

CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Mar 10, 2024 20:45:45 GMT -5
Okada Chie
Okada Chie Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

[nospaces]

[newclass=".kaodmain b"] font-family: Open Sans; color:#590404; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[attr="class","kaodov"]

Chie could understand the concept of not wanting to bother a family member especially if it meant it would possibly annoy them or worry them so Chie saw no deception in the girl's words about her brother. Chie felt a lot closer to the girl than she would ever admit to the whole family ties she had herself. That wasn't what was important right now though instead she needed to focus on what this girl came here for or well what Chie was going to use her for.[break][break]

"Since your brother hasn't signed a permission form just yet I unfortunately can't let you start working just yet," Chie would say grabbing the file and putting it back where it came from. "Though I do have a small request for you," Chie added before turning her attention back to the girl, "Let's get this training started right away." She would quickly hold up a hand just in case Sumire decided to interject and continued speaking, "I want to see firsthand how the teachers at the academy taught you and what you have retained. So we shall call this the review process and while I don't expect you to suddenly be able to learn the jutsu I just want to get a basis for what I'm working with." Sure Sumire had already demonstrated the technique prior, but Chie felt like maybe there was something off about her education that might have caused this block that supposedly existed so best to find the root of the problem anyway.

last edit by Okada Chie on Mar 10, 2024 20:46:39 GMT -5
CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Mar 18, 2024 0:28:23 GMT -5
kagayaku sumire
kagayaku sumire Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Sumire watched carefully as Chie took the file back, observing where it was stored and how—filing the information away for easy access when an opportunity presented itself to her. She would need to learn more about the medic’s filing system and how frequently she updated it; forging a replacement file would take time and effort, but might be the most effective way to scrub her brother’s information. But then, she thought, she needed to find out if copies were being kept anywhere, if there was a more centralized database that she would need access to in order to completely wipe him from the record—

She was snapped back to reality when Chie held up her hand. Sumire considered the request, thinking back on what she recalled about how the technique had been taught to her, and how on earth she was going to spin it as if she simply couldn’t perform it.

"It is,” she began slowly, "one of the more advanced of the essential academy techniques. It requires three hand seals, like so—” she demonstrated them slowly and carefully, "—and a constant output of chakra through most of the user’s chakra network. It has limitations and requires mental focus, so it can be difficult to maintain under duress.”

She performed the handseals again, faster this time and with textbook precision, and with another poof of smoke—nothing happened. Sumire had just flushed a burst of chakra through her system without actually putting any effort into maintaining it, so instead of her appearance changing, the smoke was just the byproduct of thoroughly wasted chakra.

LAIKA OF THQ

CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Apr 22, 2024 15:44:28 GMT -5
Okada Chie
Okada Chie Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

[nospaces]

[newclass=".kaodmain b"] font-family: Open Sans; color:#590404; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[attr="class","kaodov"]

"Hmmm," Chie would mutter to herself after listening to Sumire's explanation and demonstration of the transformation technique. "Interesting," she would add as she got up from behind her desk and began to look even closer at Sumire. As a medical shinobi, she could sometimes notice things others could not though it wasn't like it was always an accurate assessment either it was mostly based on instinct and medical shinobi could easily be wrong on their diagnosis. [break][break]

"Well from an external viewpoint, it doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong such as the claim you have said, but I feel like there might be something internal going on." Chie would return to her desk pull out a pack of gloves and set them upon her desk. "As you have said sometimes mental duress can cause the technique to go haywire and while I don't think you are under mental duress as of this moment it's always a possibility. As such I would like to see about calming your mental state. One of the procedures I offer is a form of physical therapy in which I put pressure on specific points in the body that can help relax and calm people. I can offer this service for you so long as you agree to it and we can see if the procedure would help with this mental blockage you may be suffering from." Chie would keep her eyes on Sumire making sure not to lose eye contact with the child before adding, "This of course would be a normal medical procedure that requires your permission and would be put into your files even if it doesn't work. So you will have to be sure you want to undergo the procedure before we go about doing this. I will of course answer any questions you have about the procedure or any instructions you will need should you decide to undergo it."

CHEAT NO JUTSU | CHIE Apr 26, 2024 22:39:59 GMT -5
kagayaku sumire
kagayaku sumire Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Sumire held perfectly still as Chie inspected her; she was quite accustomed to being neither seen nor heard, and stillness was a part of that, fading completely into the background as the world moved on around her. If she was uncomfortable due to the close inspection, she betrayed no indication of it, red eyes acutely tracking the older woman’s movements and observations.

She launched into another spiel about some kind of medical treatment and Sumire’s eyes glazed over. She couldn’t tell if it was on purpose or not, but the woman seemed to be dragging this out indefinitely, as if waiting to see if Sumire would falter in her commitment to the ruse she’d established. She could keep a lie going indefinitely, had no problem doubling down and fully embracing the role she made for herself, but what she truly despised was wasting her time.

"Yes, that’s fine,” Sumire said, an automatic response to a question that hadn’t technically been asked; consent given by rote, accepting by default of whatever hoops she had to jump through to get what she wanted. What exactly she’d agreed to she had no earthly idea. Something about therapy? If Chie was expecting her to talk about her issues, the idea was laughable, but Sumire supposed there was no harm in indulging her. "What do you need me to do?”

LAIKA OF THQ