Looking For A Temporary Teacher [T] Kaguya Toru

compose a reply
Looking For A Temporary Teacher [T] Kaguya ToruDec 17, 2023 1:18:11 GMT -5
masshiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 16th of December rank S. Jounin occupation Operations Team
    The last time Masshiro had someone work with him for this long, even if in truth the two hadn't been out here that long relatively speaking, was under very different circumstances. Someone he looked up to as an actual teacher, wielding the weapon he carried with him now, and perhaps that was part of why it was so hard to stand here with Toru. Obviously he had went to the Kage asking for help, but now that they were here, it felt strange. The age gap alone was hard to get around as it was hard to look at Toru and see a great shinobi and a leader and not someone that hadn't even technically reached the age of an adult yet. For all that the Kage was likely stronger than him, Masshiro knew that he simply didn't have the life experience to be dishing out the wisdom he had been trying to, not as if he did either, but it made it just a bit harder to internalize his advice. 

His nagging pride certainly didn't help matters, being in direct conflict with the entire purpose of this gathering. Being told how he needed to act, react, balance, breathe, and change, all coming from someone two years removed from being an adult, and near ten years his junior, well bluntly it wasn't landing. For all he wanted to make all of this work, he was slowly becoming more stubborn, wanting to do it his own way, wanting to show he could do it his own way.

"I don't think everything needs to be completely changed and molded to work. I don't want to simply do it the way you do it as you've said numerous times."

The more he felt himself push against the advice, and once he had spoke up, it almost seemed as if his chakra was reacting in kind. The axes in his hand began to glow on their own, the heat rising visibly off of them both. He wasn't at all angry, but in truth he was the one acting a bit immature in this instance.

"I'd personally rather lean into what makes me, me. Balance is good for everyone, but everyone does things differently. And I have to say honestly, you are way too young to even have enough life experience to be dispensing this wisdom you are attempting to someone almost a decade your senior."

The comment wasn't said with malice, but there was no other way to interpret it than with an immature ring to it. It was just the way he was raised, even before he left the Yamaguchi to go to the academy, how he was pushed to respect his elder by his former teacher. 

"In truth, I was hoping you'd be able to help me learn a technique, and most of the time I'm being lectured about my balance, or about how my chakra flows, how I don't focus enough, as if I'm an academy student. Forgive me if my patience is slipping."

There was a hint of something coming from his axes more now, as if the air was trying to ignite, then the feintest sign of fire coming off the sharpened edges of both axes.

Sprinkles has written 141 posts
Looking For A Temporary Teacher [T] Kaguya ToruDec 17, 2023 9:32:56 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world

Toru blinked once, maybe twice in the entire time that Masshiro retaliated against what he had said. Patience, pride, whatever it was something was nagging at the other with a closing proximity. Toru could not really tell if the other was being petulant, but it was Masshiro who had requested his attention and this particular training session. The teen had no issues helping, but if there was no reciprocation of respect then he was not certain where he could turn.

Masshiro had asked how to proceed after the technique failed, Toru offered advice... But now he wanted to do things his way. Toru had not thought anything he said as particularly wise, maybe somewhat useful but there was an insecurity in Masshiro it seemed about Toru's words and the entire sentiment seemed to be attached to his age.

Toru did not react to the ignition near the axes, he just stared at Masshiro rather unimpressed. Even the young man's words did not carry malice, they carried disrespect by their very nature.

But there was no spark that ignited Toru's emotions, he had been disrespected time and time again for a plethora of things. He had gotten used to it almost, perhaps the small child in him was upset, but he was buried deep down beneath the leader that stood at the forefront of his mind's eye. Everyone criticized a leader, even in the best of times.

"It is you who requested my help, failed to perform my technique. I suggested to change the method. If you do not find my words helpful then I shall return to my office, as it seems we are not coming to a fruitful conclusion."

He glanced towards the larger tower nearby looming over them. He really did have quite a bit of paperwork, that never seemed to finish. But if he was irritating Masshiro in some manner of speaking, then it was likely best he leave the other alone.

Han has written 2,374 posts
Looking For A Temporary Teacher [T] Kaguya ToruDec 18, 2023 8:32:11 GMT -5
masshiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 16th of December rank S. Jounin occupation Operations Team
    In his mind he gave a heavy stomp on the ground as he lurched forward, pointing dramatically at Toru while going on some ridiculous tangent that even he didn't want to hear. Over and over he had thought to himself that he just wanted to learn his techniques, just one, constantly feeling like this kid was trying to talk down to him. In truth it was Masshiro being immature, getting frustrated over nothing but his own failings and now he was directing it towards someone else. If he could step out of his own body and see what was happening he no doubt would have smacked himself upside the head, but hindsight was hard to grasp in the moment.

For a brief moment he pointed one of his weapons forward as if he was going to say something else, but his arm drooped as he sighed, dropping he head at the same time. Why did this bastard have to be so right at the worst time? Why couldn't he at least have said something he could argue with, disagree with? Tossing the axe he had pointed forward down at his own feet he clicked his tongue in annoyance, almost embarrassed to look up for a long moment.

"You're right..."

He couldn't have forced the words out much more than he did, through near clenched teeth. Why was he so worked up over what was really something so simple? It wasn't like he hadn't failed to learn something before, even after all the thoughts running through his head and all the overthinking, even he couldn't really say why it was bothering him like this. Snapping at someone like that wasn't like him at the worst of times, but here he was.

"Forgive my rudeness and...and my immaturity, Lord Mizukage."

Throwing the second axe down next to the other, he gave a deep bow forward, slowly standing up straight.

"I think I need to reevaluate myself, and I hope I can come to train with you in the future better prepared now that I know my shortcomings."

Sprinkles has written 141 posts
Looking For A Temporary Teacher [T] Kaguya ToruDec 18, 2023 11:31:17 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world

Toru's gaze remained fixed on the looming tower that he was contemplating returning to. It was a beautiful piece of infrastructure one that had been raised up in the few years his mother had been in office. Its beauty, however, was also a symbol of pride. Toru was not certain yet if it had been pride for the nation or vanity in the most true sense. Toru was well acquainted with feelings of pride, but wealth and vanity had always weighed heavily in his mind. What was this tower if not a display of vanity when others lived below in poverty? That had been something he had thought before...

Nowadays he had an easier thought towards it, because he had personally made certain that people did not live in the squalor that he had grown up in. The village and nation seemed to flourish beneath him, as if he had a green thumb that allowed that kind of prosperity to grow...The golden hand perhaps tucked somewhere on a turtle island.

Masshiro bowed apologizing to him for his actions, his words, his tone.

"Then I will leave you to contemplate your shortcomings, and we will reconvene at a later time. Your frustrations may be your fuel, but do not let them cloud your judgment."

Only at the end did he look back towards Masshiro from the building, giving the other young man a slight nod of his head before he created a hand seal to disappear from sight - back towards his office... He also needed to take a quick lunch break at some point.

[exit unless stopped]

Han has written 2,374 posts