compose a reply
Bonding Experience [Team 1]Oct 26, 2023 19:34:51 GMT -5
Uzumaki Kenshin
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uzumaki Kenshin Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday August 7th rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1
UzumakiKenshin
    Kenshin was surprised to hear receive the message. A new team, a reassignment. His old genin squad leader had retired, one of his team mates decided to become a gate guard instead of remaining in active deployment. It was different, confusing, but at the end of the day that was the life of a shinobi. He was still young, and the decision makers were far above his pay grade.

And, so, there was little more to do than to prepare to meet his new team. When he learned of who they would be he was quick to send out some invitations to one of his favorite places in the village. Kusagakure was filled with plenty of beautiful places, from what Kenshin had been able to garner from his excursion to the exams, beauty was not always the case in other homes. All of the villages were certainly glorious, imposing, but the pure beauty of Kusa was unmatched.

Kenshin had made himself comfortable in one of Kusagakure's many beautiful parks. A bit high up, it allowed for a breath taking view of the village. He had a small basket with him, filled with an assortment of baked goods and sweets, Fish Cakes, Pudding, various chocolates and cookies, as well as a few different kinds of sandwiches. It wasn't a true picnic, but he would have felt rude inviting his peers here without some sort of present being made.

Speaking of inviting his friends, both of them would find a note attached to their front door, a note filled with small drawings related to each of them. On Okingshi's door would be plenty of drawings of smiling mushrooms; while Sachi would find an array of tea leaves, coffee beans, or generic cafe cups, all with their own smiles as well. Both notes would be excitedly pleading for them to come meet their new team member at the park. Until they arrived, Kenshin would simply snack away on one of his fish cakes. 

Puppers has written 4 posts
Bonding Experience [Team 1]Nov 7, 2023 16:30:26 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 9 rank Genin occupation
Kisei Sachi🌸
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

Sachi's morning jog had brought her back to her apartment, where she discovered a delightful note waiting on her doorstep. The note was adorned with drawings of tea leaves, coffee beans, and cups. The handwriting was familiar, and even before reading the sender's name, she could tell who had left it. After unlocking her wooden door and entering her apartment, her thoughts turned to what she should bring to the gathering. It was customary to bring something to such events, as per her upbringing. However, she suspected Kenshin, the note's sender, would have brought plenty of food and possibly sweet treats. This left her a bit uncertain about what to take along.

Sachi had just received the joyful news of Kenshin's transfer to Team 1, and she was excited at the prospect of spending more time with him. Kenshin had graduated from the academy ahead of her, and their paths had crossed sporadically during their initial year of shinobi training. Despite her being older, she recognized Kenshin as the more experienced of the two and considered him something of an upperclassman in the field.

Ultimately, Sachi decided to take a basket of fruit with her. She selected a basket from her pantry and filled it with pears, grapes, and persimmons that she had in the kitchen. After changing into her typical attire, she set out for the park, her spirits high.

Her twin tails bounced with each step as she approached the park and spotted the distinctive bright red hair of Kenshin. With a wave and a cheerful call, she greeted him from a little distance. "Kenshin-kun!!! It's been a while, around a year since we last spoke!!!" Her voice rang out like a bell as she made her way over to him with enthusiasm. "I heard the news! I'm looking forward to working with you... from now on." She continued, her breath catching up as she paused to take a moment to regain her composure.
–🌸-

last edit by Kisei Sachi on Nov 7, 2023 22:50:03 GMT -5
IntrovertedRabbit has written 186 posts
Bonding Experience [Team 1]Nov 12, 2023 3:44:26 GMT -5
Gure, Okingshi
Just your average fungi
Gure, Okingshi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 19 years old birthday 3/7 rank Advanced Genin occupation Team One

Swept grey hair; dull and sown with dross, draped over a set of deadpan crimson eyes. The glare lingered on the ground, focusing on the grit and organic matter strewn amongst the cracks of a pathway. Okingshi approach his abode, a small decrepit wooden shack on the outskirts of the village walls. It had been sometime since he returned, finding himself away on missions further north out in the country side. As he lethargically raised his scarred hand to the tarnished door-handle, his peripheral vision noticed a flickering white sheet of paper barely hanging to the decaying ramshackle door. Instead of opening the door, Okingshi picked up the paper and read the scribbles upon its surface.

Reading the contents of the note, a slight grin pulled across the Gure's face. Through the rumor mill, Okingshi had heard of another joining his team but for it to happen so soon was a surprise. With a glint in his eye, the cloaked man begun to slowly sink into the ground below; as if being devoured by it.

A few minutes later Okingshi arrived at the park, his filth-ridden figure unearthing from beneath the surface. He'd stand completely still and silent only meters from the two others', whom had already arrived. He watched the wholesome scene in front of him, the two teens conversing around a picnic. A sigh left the crack lips of Okingshi's mouth, all that he had brought was a napsack of various rare mushroom's from his travels; hopefully enough to make a good impression. Frozen in place, Okingshi didn't approach them.

•notes:

Word Count: 262
last edit by Gure, Okingshi on Nov 12, 2023 3:44:56 GMT -5
Zazu has written 156 posts
Bonding Experience [Team 1]Nov 17, 2023 8:26:46 GMT -5
Uzumaki Kenshin
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uzumaki Kenshin Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday August 7th rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1
UzumakiKenshin
    Kenshin's smile refused to fade away as he saw Sachi make her way over to him. It had been awhile since the two had spoken, but the young Uzumaki rarely forgot a face. Especially one with such bright pink hair. Plenty of people liked to comment on Kenshin's own hair, however the bright red was common in his clan. Seeing a stunning pink like hers was far more unique to the boy. It was fascinating.

"Sachi-Chan!!" the boy's grin only grew wider as he greeted his new team mate, "I'm so excited to be working with you. Okingshi too!" Kenshin had yet to notice the mushroom clan's representative as he spoke. His mind was locked on getting his first guest situated, offering her some treats out of his picnic basket, even committing to giving a small bow to the girl as he handed her the basket. "Please, eat! I worked hard to make sure that there was something for everyone. I don't know your dietary restrictions, so if there's a little yellow mark there's dairy in it, if it's got red then there's some sort of meat. I need to keep an eye out for our other team mate!" 

As if by magic, but much more because he had already been there and Kenshin had simply failed to turn around and look for him, Okingshi was a bit of a ways in front of Kenshin as he turned around to search for him. "Oh, speak of the devil! Okingshi, hello!"
Puppers has written 4 posts
Bonding Experience [Team 1]Nov 28, 2023 20:31:59 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 9 rank Genin occupation
Kisei Sachi🌸
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

"A full picnic, I see," Sachi observed the spread of food laid out by the Uzumaki. "That's such a good idea. I'll keep that in mind for the markings, even though I don't have any dietary restrictions to speak of." She smiled, using her arm to brush away a strand of hair from her forehead. Placing her own basket next to the assortment of foods, she clasped her hands together. "I brought some autumn fruit myself, but I suppose that won't be necessary. Everything looks quite tasty. You've outdone yourself, Senpai~ I hope everything's been well with you and with Oking-"

In a synchronized movement with her teammate, she turned to see a familiar, taller figure with white hair standing there seemingly frozen. "Okingshi-Senpai!!! Good afternoon!!!! It's! Been! A! While!" She exclaimed, her arms flailing as she shouted, her face beaming with joy as if trying to melt his frozen state. Her blue eyes darted to the nap sack that the man brought, her arms pausing her greetings as she skillfully maneuvered around her purple teammate.

Halting her mental scan, she tilted her head in ponderance and looked up at him, moving around him as if prying with her eyes. "It's been only a couple of months or so, right? It feels like it's been longer. I hope you've been doing well, Senpai!" Sachi rarely found herself on missions with him, often occupied with various side quests. Her gloomy senpai was busy as well. Uncertain of how things might change now that Kenshin filled the vacant spot, seeing another one of her senpais again made her inexplicably happy. Perhaps it was fueled by her ongoing curiosity about the Gure clan. It was hard to say with the slightly obtuse pink-clad shinobi.

–🌸-

IntrovertedRabbit has written 186 posts