Dying Star! Yusei Finally Rests!

compose a reply
Dying Star! Yusei Finally Rests!Oct 28, 2023 18:07:15 GMT -5
juryoku yusei
Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.
juryoku yusei Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday february 26 rank chuunin occupation operations team/gate guard

Yusei sat on a bench in town. He was more or less in the covered awning outside a tavern. He was single, sure. But he had all the little signifiers that said "taken man". For one, he was white-knuckle gripping a closed container of black tea, as big as his head, with a white straw poking out the top.

An off-white haori jacket hung on his dense but thin body, with matching white linen pants and the shinobi classic blue tabi. His shirt underneath his open coat sported that family crest of his. A sun at its peak glaring, or a bullseye daring people to charge him?

In either case, his placid stare looked the most peaceful it'd ever been. There was no tension being held back here, no sorrow, no consternation. Everything rolled over him like water off a duck's back. The sun peeked through and struck him, giving him his healthy glow. He'd be warm to the touch, as if running a fever.

He sipped at his tea. The Kisei logo sat on the side, between his fingers wrapped around it.

"I've been home for a while now, and... it finally feels like I'm back."

Who was he talking to? Was it you, dear reader? Approaching him, as he was clearly pre-gaming a drink or two?

vapes has written 79 posts
Dying Star! Yusei Finally Rests!Nov 10, 2023 21:26:56 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 9 rank Genin occupation
Kisei Sachi🌸
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

Walking along the path adorned in a leafy-patterned kimono in a blueish-green hue, Sachi was on her way home. Her hair was styled in two buns with multiple hair fixtures, a small hum escaping her lips. She wore a kimono she had received in a parcel from her mother. However, it barely fit her short stature, and she lacked an obi that matched its dainty, elegant design. Determined to find a suitable obi, she embarked on a mission, exploring kimono and fabric stores in the area, even stopping by Yasuha-Ojiisan’s traveling goods shop in case there was some interesting fabric available. Despite her best efforts, she came home empty-handed. Fortunately, the day was free, with no pressing plans for the evening. Usually, she was quite busy, but this week was a bit slower as she was resting for most of it.

Her pondering about the obi problem was interrupted by the sight of an older shinobi who was eye-catching with his mostly white attire and white hair. Thanks to her impeccable memory, she recognized him, one of the ranks within her sphere.

"You’re Juryoku Yusei-senpai, right?” She greeted bouncing up to him as if re-energized by seeing/meeting a familiar face. She could put a name to a face quite easily although most of what she heard about Yusei was through her other senpai Atagi.

"Thank you for your work, Atagi-senpai mentions you from time to time.” She smiled cheerfully, hands moving animatedly with intent.

Tilting her head, she noticed the building that they were in front of. "Were you planning on going in? The owners told me that if I brought friends, he would give me a discount…even though I’m still technically underaged.” She inquired, eyes darting back and forth, her voice in a soft hush by the end. "Taka-niichan did say that if I were to decide to imbibe, I should have supervision. Course-ah how rude of me. I apologize. I forgot to introduce myself. I’m sure we’ve seen each other here and there but I don’t think we’ve met.”

With a formal bow, she introduced herself, "I’m Kisei Sachi, a medical-nin in training from Genin Team 1. It’s very nice to meet you.”
–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

IntrovertedRabbit has written 186 posts
Dying Star! Yusei Finally Rests!Nov 11, 2023 4:57:18 GMT -5
juryoku yusei
Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.
juryoku yusei Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday february 26 rank chuunin occupation operations team/gate guard

The day hadn't faded yet. The sun still glanced off his hair. This is the longest he'd sat still in years. He felt like he was a little boy again. Placid stare, and with his poor chakra control, he scanned like a psychic child in a film. He even scared himself sometimes.

He'd spaced out for a moment, brought to by a pink haired... student (?) in a kimono. She approached him like they knew eachother, and he paused for a minute. She wasn't on his radar in the slightest; Yusei was atleast four years ahead of her and her peers, and he wasn't the type to keep tabs on students, he wasn't sensei yet. So he stalled out until she said her name. "...Yeah. What's up?"

The mention of Atagi talking about him gave him pause. Yusei glanced aside for a second, and there was an audible beat. A pause as if he was about to say something. "Oh, yeah. He's interesting. He'd be running circles around us by now." He was, at one point, accused of having a crush on that man. But he's just interesting. In a "study him in a lab" way.

Yusei stood up, standing aside and glancing at the banner over the awning. Oh, yeah. He was gonna drink. "--I'll grab something and step back outside. The awning is fine... I just don't wanna get anyone in trouble." A kid...? In either case, he bit his lower lip, and glanced away. Yusei brought that liter of tea up and sipped at it, looking down at Sachi. Her next comment took him aback. "Hmm? Do you know Takato-senpai?" That man, so polite he'd sooner die than bother anyone.

"...Ah. It's nice to meet you too, Sachi."

He said, thinking for a minute.

Dying Star! Yusei Finally Rests!Nov 28, 2023 23:20:49 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

Sachi raised her hand to her chin, showing a subtle frown as Yusei declined her offer to drink. However, without missing a beat, it quickly transformed into a determined smile. "I should at least greet the owner since I'm here. My father's clan works with the owner's family extensively, and so I make it a point to make appearances here and there, for relations' sake I suppose."

Nodding, she continued, "I do know Taka-niichan. He's a close relative, his mother and mine are siblings, so that makes us cousins, although he’s like an older brother to me." She smiled as she reminisced. "And a mentor now. He used to come to family gatherings when I was a child. Speaking of which, I have something to inquire about, Yusei-senpai."

She glanced to the side, displaying a hint of awkwardness or perhaps feigned discomfort for the conversation. With a clasp of her hands, she made her request. "With the Chuunin Exams approaching, I've been meaning to get help with training in combat. However, both Atagi-senpai and Taka-niichan are quite busy, so I felt like I couldn't ask them. Since Atagi-senpai mentioned you specifically, I thought I would at least ask."

Feeling a bit uneasy about requesting from those not in her immediate circle, she bowed deeply. "If it's alright with you, I humbly ask that you train me in martial arts for the exams. It can even be a written regimen that I can undergo; anything would help, really. Ah-" She paused, coming up from her bow and tilting her head to the side. "Not that I'm implying you're not busy, Yusei-senpai. I'm sure a chuunin like yourself is quite occupied with various tasks.”

A small but earnest laugh escaped her, the seriousness still evident in her gaze. "My partner is participating in the exams as well, you see, and I would feel bad if he went easy on me, especially if we were pitted against each other. I desire the ability to stand my ground against him, especially.”

–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

last edit by Kisei Sachi on Nov 28, 2023 23:21:10 GMT -5
Dying Star! Yusei Finally Rests!Nov 29, 2023 3:37:59 GMT -5
juryoku yusei
juryoku yusei Avatar
groupnull

He blinked, looking down at her. Sachi's family had a working relationship with these people? He didn't... say much of anything to Takato, really. But with that, Yusei eyed the door. "...Sure."

He said, willing to take her at her word here. With that, Yusei slid onto the nearest stool by the counter. He had his order locked and loaded, and decided to greet the bartender with the networking classic. "...Hey. I'm Yusei. I'm one of Takato-san's friends, and Kisei Sachi is here too. And I'd like a bottle of Umeshu, I'll share with anyone who still has their cups."

The promise of a fruited wine, sweet but not sickeningly so. He pulled a roll of coins from a pouch on his hip, where shinobi typically carried knives. Yusei squeezed the side, and started to count them on the counter, looking to Sachi in the corner of his eye.

"Ah. Takato-san probably has his hands full with those kids. ...What do those two say about me?" He asked, glancing aside. As his bottle arrived, Yusei uncorked it, pouring a cup for himself, and sliding it down the counter. As it returned to him, he held the bottle to his chest like a baby, turning to face Sachi. He could be self-conscious about these things, especially after baring his soul to Shosuke.

But those eyes only betrayed his placid face for a moment. He looked back up to her. "--I'll do it. I have nothing but time right now." He still had his feelings about fighting to work through, but there wasn't any harm in tutoring someone. Sachi's bow was met by a slightly raised brow. Yusei answered these requests by mail. "I worked myself half to death so that I didn't have to think about missions for a bit."

Yusei sipped at his cup, and blinked at Sachi. "...You said you'd be okay with a written, but it has to be practical, and applied. I'll be at the training field, whenever you'd like."

Dying Star! Yusei Finally Rests!Dec 5, 2023 1:28:31 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

Greeting the tavern owner as well, the girl bowed and sat down, engaging in small talk with the fellow who was more than happy to converse with a person from the clans that helped their business. He even gave her a bottle of umeshu for herself, despite her initial refusal. Placing the bottle to the side, after being unable to reject it, she gazed up at Yusei with sparkling eyes as he responded to her request. Dropping her dignified facade, a more childlike image took its place.

"I’m grateful, I hope I can return the favor in full to you someday,” she expressed, bowing again in her chair, excitement evident in her voice. "I’m sure Owner-san wouldn’t mind if I gave you this bottle, since I'm still underaged.” Even though she wanted to, she respected Yusei’s authority on the rules.

Regarding what her mentors had said about Yusei, Sachi tilted her head, gathering the words of her mentors. "Atagi-senpai said that Yusei-senpai is smart, good to practice with, and notices subtle movements when fighting. He always speaks praises. Taka-niichan simply said that senpai is quick and agile.” She nodded, then requested the bartender for non-alcoholic amazake to warm up.

"They do say, ‘the loss of one night's sleep is followed by ten days of inconvenience,’” she recited, sipping the hot sweet rice wine in her small cup. "I’m happy that Senpai was able to take a break for once, then. What I meant by writing was a way to train my strength and stamina, a daily regimen, or such. I know I’m ill-suited to acquiring techniques properly without training myself in speed or stamina... not that I haven’t been doing that, though,” she glanced to the side while saying that. She hadn’t been building her strength due to the cold keeping her inside, and staying inside kept her preoccupied with the various plants she’d been experimenting with.

"Although writing it down wouldn’t be necessary, technically. However, ultimately, Senpai is right, and if I were to train by myself incorrectly, I would probably injure myself by accident. There is a limit to my memory after all.” Her head swayed happily as she became more comfortable with the Juryoku. "Will you be observing the Chuunin Exams this year? I heard Atagi-senpai was also participating this year!”

–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

Dying Star! Yusei Finally Rests!Dec 6, 2023 17:50:28 GMT -5
juryoku yusei
juryoku yusei Avatar
groupnull

The owner graced both of them with bottles. That was something. Yusei sipped from his cup again. He gave a thumbs-up with approval, having gone so far as to take in the scent of the bottle. As Sachi loosened up, she'd notice that same theme everyone noticed about him: Yusei just didn't emote much. He scanned like the psychic child in a film, and opening up was tough. "...Oh, thanks. I'm kind of a lightweight, so I'll find a good home for it with one of your peers."

Yusei looked to Sachi. He had the same half-lidded, dull stare he often had. His mind wasn't somewhere else, he just... wore himself out all the time. Matching all the energy she had was beyond him.

"Mm. When I sparred with Atagi, it felt a little like... fighting myself, actually. He's a good person to study taijutsu with." He said, downing another cup. His eyes dilated slightly, but Yusei still looked as if he was peering into people's eyes when he looked at them.

"--Well, it's good that you're still training. Everyone else is, too. Matter of fact, I was also tutoring one of Takato's students a while ago." Yusei glanced aside. Rikuto was hard to read. He had faith in that boy for sure, but mixed feelings about others. He figured he'd do what he did with Shosuke here, once Sachi met him in the field. "Well, we can start with your form, speed, and with running drills."

Yusei sipped at his cup, and blinked at Sachi. "...Of course. I'll be there for the Chuunin Exams." To place bets. He already had a two-leg parlay in mind. "I have to be there for my friends." And his wallet. "And it's important to develop the village." And to develop the funds to take everyone out for drinks later.