Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 11 years old birthday May 15, 1012 rank Academy Student occupation Student
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","text-area"]
"Well, good luck, Uka dear," her mother smiled, gently kissing her daughter's forehead before she and Uka's father departed. "Mama, papa..." Uka called out, watching them vanish into the distance. Uka's parents cared deeply for her, but their demanding obligations often left her to fend for herself in the instances of her training and education.
[break][break]
Left alone on the bench, the light rain began to drizzle intermittently, creating a serene yet challenging atmosphere. Her hands were bound securely, a result of her father's expert knotting skills acquired through years of rigorous shinobi training. For Uka, escaping these bindings was akin to an advanced puzzle, and her father's meticulous techniques made it all the more daunting.
[break][break]
Despite her predicament, she remained composed, contemplating her escape options. Uka's upbringing in a shinobi family meant that moments for learning and overcoming challenges were not confined to formal training sessions. They could manifest unexpectedly, demanding resourcefulness at any given time.
[break][break]
The curious and concerned gazes of passersby barely registered with Uka. She was accustomed to being the center of attention due to her spirited and outgoing nature, and their glances were merely a backdrop to her current predicament. Thought it wouldn't be so bad if someone could help her out, maybe with some advice at least.
[break][break]
[Note: Training Nawanuke no Jutsu [Rope Escape Technique]]
[break][break]
蝶々技術 | Chōchō Gijutsu [lit. Butterfly Techniques]
[break][break]
Having undergone comprehensive training under her father's guidance since a young age, Uka has developed exceptional proficiency in both the theoretical and practical aspects of the Yugao clan's hijutsu. This extensive training enables her to adeptly utilize a wide array of the clan's jutsu. With her honed skills, Uka can effectively communicate with, command, and channel the innate instincts and capabilities of the insects belonging to the Lepidoptera order, such as butterflies and moths, seamlessly integrating them into her own jutsus.
[break][break]
隠翻 | Inhon [lit. Subtle Flutter]
[break][break]
Due to her unremarkable chakra reserves and her clan's hijutsu, Uka focused on enhancing her chakra control, manipulating her chakra flow and division with a pinpoint precision that is so necessary for any shinobi that uses Genjutsu.

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 212
[break]

[googlefont=Fira Sans:400,500,600,700]
[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area]grid-area: text; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #7e61a6; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #7e61a6; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #7e61a6; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
last edit by Yugao Uka on Nov 5, 2023 8:35:13 GMT -5
Yofie has written 99 posts
On the BenchNov 5, 2023 12:27:05 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday September 6th rank Genin occupation Genin
Some things tended to be unexpected for Taro, and one of those things more than the others happened to be finding girls tied up on benches. He was just exploring the streets today, letting the rain fall on him, a bit of melancholy in his life to keep him in check- When his eyes peeped one girl, tied by the hands on a bench.

Although some would ignore this, a good Shinobi was able to sense a potential trap- And more so then that, someone in need. Although Taro enjoyed bullying here and there, kids were not part of his bullying scheme. What was the point of fighting with someone who can't fight back?

So, stepping up behind the girl on the bench, he leaned over it, covering her slightly from the rain as his shadow loomed over her form.

"You look like you're in a tough spot there." His eyes would glance around, making sure he wasn't about to get ambushed from this, though it probably looked rather strange to the poor girl sitting on the bench.

"Any reason you've been tied up like this? I'm not about to get attacked or something, right?" He joked, smiling. Even if he was, he wouldn't exactly mind it. I mean, come on. This was Taro we were talking about. He loved a good brawl.

"... And you're not a kidnapping victim either, right?" Had to add that one on too, of course.
Caelum has written 122 posts
On the BenchNov 8, 2023 13:14:09 GMT -5
Yugao Uka
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

When a shadow eclipsed the rain, sheltering Uka as she sat bound on the bench, she felt a mixture of surprise and cautious relief. Taro's sudden appearance, while unexpected, provided a ray of hope. Her surprised expression didn't last long because her confinement couldn't keep her extroverted, energetic, and friendly nature at bay for long. Despite her predicament, she smiled brightly and infectiously at Taro, her eyes twinkling with delight. "Wow, you're a lifesaver! Thanks for stopping by," she exclaimed, her voice brimming with warmth and cheer. "As much as I enjoy a good challenge, this was getting a bit too much, even for me."
[break][break]
"No worries, I’m not a kidnapping victim or anything," she giggled, despite her circumstances. "I'm a shinobi trainee, and this is... well, an unexpected training exercise, I guess you could say," she wiggled her fingers, struggling playfully against her restraints, emphasizing her predicament with a dramatic flair. "So, what brings you here today, besides saving damsels in distress, of course?" Uka asked, always ready for a friendly chat.
[break][break]
Her bound hands reached up to pat the bench beside her, inviting Taro to take a seat and join her, despite the unusual circumstances. "I'm Uka, by the way. It's great to meet you!" she added with a wink, fully embracing her extroverted nature even in this unexpected situation. " So, any chance you could help me out of this?" she asked, lifting her bound hands slightly. Uka was hoping that Taro wouldn't help her out physically, and maybe just give some advice on how to better deal with the tied rope. Doing something yourself was a way better way to learn a skill, and well her father would ask her to demonstrate it for sure, or he would tie her somewhere again, for sure. A shiver ran down Uka's spine imagining that.
[break][break]
[break][break]
Having undergone comprehensive training under her father's guidance since a young age, Uka has developed exceptional proficiency in both the theoretical and practical aspects of the Yugao clan's hijutsu. This extensive training enables her to adeptly utilize a wide array of the clan's jutsu. With her honed skills, Uka can effectively communicate with, command, and channel the innate instincts and capabilities of the insects belonging to the Lepidoptera order, such as butterflies and moths, seamlessly integrating them into her own jutsus.
[break][break]
[break][break]
Due to her unremarkable chakra reserves and her clan's hijutsu, Uka focused on enhancing her chakra control, manipulating her chakra flow and division with a pinpoint precision that is so necessary for any shinobi that uses Genjutsu.

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 305
[break]

[newclass=.sidebar]margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 100px 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; grid-template-areas: 'icon text' 'ooc text'; grid-column-gap: 16px; margin: 20px auto; width: 500px; border: 0px solid black; font: 400 12px/16px 'Fira Sans', arial; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon]width: 100px; grid-area: icon; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img]width: 100%; filter: brightness(90%) contrast(90%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .icon img:hover]filter: brightness(100%) contrast(100%); transition: filter 0.3s; -webkit-transition: filter 0.3s, -webkit-filter 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .text-area b]font-weight: 500; color: #7e61a6; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area]padding: 8px 0; border: 1px dotted #7e61a6; border-left: 0; border-right: 0; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; grid-area: ooc; align-self: flex-end[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidebar .ooc-area a]letter-spacing: .6px; font: 500 10px/15px 'Fira Sans',arial; text-decoration: none; color: #7e61a6; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
On the BenchNov 8, 2023 17:26:49 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Stare. She said she wasn't a kidnapping victim, but isn't that exactly what a kidnapping victim would say?

...Wait, no, other way around. That's what a kidnapper would say. He shook his head with a humble chuckle as he took a seat next to her on the... Rained on bench. Okay, now his butt was wet. Not sure what he... Really expected there... It was raining, after all.

"I ain't saved your life just yet. Lets see what we're working with here." He muttered, as he examined her bound hands.

"As for myself, I was just wandering on by when I saw you out like this. I know, not exactly the most heroic tale or nothing, but everyone else seems to just be passing you by and... Man, if you were a kidnapping victim, you'd be screwed." He chuckled, checking the bound knot.

"Hrm. Whoever tied you up did so well. This is going to take a special trick to pull off. Instead of telling you what that trick is, and cheating your way out of this, why don't I help teach you a bit?" He knew one or two things, and while Taro wasn't the greatest teacher, he had a knack for getting into, and out of, places he shouldn't be.

"First, identify the location of the knot for me. Might be a bit challenging, hell, it might be impossible, but that's half the fun, isn't it?" He grinned as he leaned back. Okay, now his back was wet.

Seriously, he needed to think these things through before he did them. Regardless, once she'd found the knot, he'd continue.

"Oh, right... And you can call me Taro." Simple and easy to pronounce. He liked 'Uka'. Easy names meshed well with him.
On the BenchNov 9, 2023 7:49:22 GMT -5
Yugao Uka
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"You got it, Taro!" she responded with a grin. Uka, with her hands bound by the rope, struggled to explore the tautly tied strands with her fingers. Her attempts to pinpoint the knot were hindered by the limited mobility of her bound hands. Frustration flickered across her face as she tried to negotiate the bindings without success.
[break][break]
"Ah, this is more complicated than I thought," Uka remarked with a nervous laugh, feeling the restriction caused by her tied hands. She twisted her wrists as far as the bindings would allow, attempting to trace the rope's contours, but the tightness of the knot thwarted her efforts. She could only laugh inwardly at the fact that her father showed no mercy, even to his daughter.
[break][break]
Her gaze flicked between the rope and Taro, a mix of determination and a touch of bemusement playing on her features. "I might need a bit more help here, Taro. These knots aren't making it easy for me." A moment of silence fell upon the two, as Uka continued to try and find the knot. "Hmm, this is really testing my patience," she admitted, a hint of exasperation in her voice, but her smile remained as she looked at Taro. "I won't give up, though! I'm going to get this, one way or another."
[break][break]
After a few more twists and turns of her bound hands, she pointed at what seemed to be the problem, "Here."
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 238
[break]

On the BenchNov 9, 2023 18:25:38 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Taro watched carefully as Uka tried to figure out the central location of the knot. His fingers gently rubbed at his chin, eyes wandering over her form, then down to her hands, as he knew there would be more to this than simple knot untying.

"No. You can do this. I've been in binds tighter than this before." He muttered, as he ignored his wet clothes and got closer to her, watching her careful movements. While she was laughing and giggling, he was focused on the matter at hand. After all, that's what a teacher did, right?

"Just relax, and think. You've almost got it..." He didn't know if she really did, but he was trying to help. As she finally pointed at the troublesome area, a grin appeared on his face.

"Hah. Good job. Now. Test the bindings strength. You want to give as much loosening to it as you can, because the next step here involves something quite a bit more painful." He chuckled, as he placed his hands together.

"Use your thumbs to push at the tie. See if you can loosen it, even slightly. If you can, it'll be easier for your hands to slip through. Otherwise, you're going to need to potentially dislocate your fingers, which could be very, very painful." He spoke from experience, so it seemed.
On the BenchNov 13, 2023 9:18:25 GMT -5
Yugao Uka
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Uka, despite her initial struggles, appreciated Taro's focused guidance. His encouragement and assurance helped to center her thoughts, and she nodded with newfound determination. "Alright, relax and think. Got it," she muttered to herself, focusing on the troublesome spot she had identified. With a deep breath, she steadied herself, appreciating Taro's support.
[break][break]
As he explained the next steps, Uka's eyes widened slightly at the mention of potential pain. Nevertheless, she trusted Taro's guidance and took a moment to assess the situation. The rain continued its gentle drizzle around them, creating a serene backdrop to the unconventional training scenario.
[break][break]
"Okay, loosen it, loosen it," she murmured to herself, using her thumbs to apply careful pressure to the tie. The process was slow, but she could feel the knot giving way slightly under her persistent efforts. Her bound hands shifted subtly, taking advantage of the newfound slack.
[break][break]
"THAT'S IT! It's working!" Uka exclaimed with a mix of relief and excitement. The rain-dampened bench beneath her seemed a bit more comfortable as she continued to work on freeing herself, following Taro's advice with a touch of cautious optimism. "Thanks, Taro! I might owe you a big one after this," she added with a playful wink.
[break][break]
Amid the process of untangling the knots, a fleeting thought crossed Uka's mind. She pondered the impending meeting with her father, considering the likelihood that he might test whether she truly freed herself or received assistance. A smirk played on her lips as she imagined the expression on his face, anticipating the challenge he might present.
[break][break]
"Taro, you know, my father is tricky. He might not believe I got out of this by myself," Uka said with a thoughtful expression, glancing at the ropes. "So, how about we make this a bit more interesting? Can you help me tie my hands behind my back? Make it extra hard. If I manage to free myself from that, there's no doubt it was all me. But if I struggle, you can give me some guidance. What do you think?"
[break][break]
Her proposal carried a mix of playful challenge and genuine curiosity. Uka was eager to turn this unexpected situation into a valuable learning experience, showcasing her ability to adapt to unforeseen challenges – a skill her father valued greatly in a shinobi.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 380
[break]

On the BenchNov 14, 2023 23:08:41 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Carefully watching, Taro looked down at the girls hands as she managed to twist and turn her way out of her binds. It was a good job- Truthfully, most couldn't perform the technique under direct supervision, so he was a little surprised she got it so well.

"No need. I'm cool with helping out my allies." He smirked, though idea of potentially lording this over her when he needed something out of her was not something that left his mind quite so easily. On that note though, she brought up wanting him to tie her up again. Taro understood the reasoning behind it, of course, but at the same time, it was still an oddity to be asked to tie someone up.

Again, his head looked around when she made the request. When people ask you to tie them up... Well, he hoped nobody was watching. He kind of didn't want to get in trouble for what may have been perceived as quite literally tying up a kid. He grit his teeth, thinking on it, before he shrugged.

"Alright, sure. But I can't guarantee I'll be as gentle as your father." That sounded weird in the context it was used in and Taro bit his lip for a moment. This entire situation was starting to feel weird for him. He needed a vacation or something.

"Okay. Lets see here." He took the rope from her hands, glancing over it as he squinted. A good knot, something he would use on someone he was trying to capture. His hands quickly began to wrap around the young girls wrists, and he made sure to make it quite a bit uncomfortable, even a bit painful. That was the trick to a good binding, you see. You had to make it hurt.

"There. You're really going to need to work it to get that one undone. And remember, if you ever can't get out of a binding by untying it, you can always... Well, painfully dislocate the bones in your hand to manipulate your way out." He shrugged. He'd done it a lot of times in his life.
On the BenchNov 17, 2023 12:21:28 GMT -5
Yugao Uka
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Uka winced slightly as Taro expertly tied her hands behind her back. The discomfort and slight pain were evident, but she grinned through it, appreciating the challenge he had presented. His warning about the level of gentleness compared to her father's knots didn't go unnoticed, but she was ready to face whatever came her way. "Ouch, Taro, that's... quite the knot you've got there," Uka remarked, her eyes narrowing playfully. She shifted her wrists experimentally, feeling the tightness of the binding. "Alright, challenge accepted. Let's see if I can crack this one."
[break][break]
As Taro mentioned the option of manipulating the bones to escape, Uka raised an eyebrow. "Dislocating my bones, huh? Well, that sounds like a last-resort kind of thing. Let's see if I can avoid that," she said with a chuckle, her resilience shining through despite the discomfort. The rain continued its gentle descent around them, adding a layer of serenity to the unusual training scenario. With her hands securely bound, Uka took a moment to collect herself before attempting to tackle the challenge Taro had presented. "Alright, wish me luck!" she exclaimed, ready to put her newfound skills to the test.
[break][break]
Uka, with her hands firmly bound behind her back, began the challenging task of trying to undo the knot that Taro had expertly tied. She squirmed a bit, testing the tightness of the bindings, and attempted to use her fingers to feel for the knot. However, the intricacy of Taro's knot proved to be a formidable challenge. "Hmm, not as easy as it looks," Uka muttered to herself, a determined frown on her face as she focused on the task at hand. She twisted her wrists in various directions, trying different angles to find a weak point in the binding, but it seemed Taro had done his job well.
[break][break]
After a few failed attempts, she looked over her shoulder at Taro with a sheepish grin. "Okay, Taro, any other tips you've got up your sleeve? I'd rather avoid the bone dislocation route if possible," she said with a chuckle. Uka did have the idea of maybe using her chakra to loosen up the knots, but first, she wanted to hear if her idea was something that was among the choices she would have in a situation like this from someone more experienced.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 385
[break]

On the BenchNov 17, 2023 13:04:58 GMT -5
Gima Taro
I'll never go down easy
Gima Taro Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
He tapped his foot on the ground as he ran over the options, watching her try and pull the knot away. She was failing at this task- Rather miserably so at that. But... That was okay. It was a tough task, and Taro didn't exactly expect her to get it first try, let alone twice in a row. So when she started to really struggle, and pointed out the challenges facing her, he chuckled.

"Yeah. It took me a couple of tries to get it right too." He shook his hand as she brought up the bone dislocation route, a smirk on his face.

"You could, in theory, use stuff around you to try and cut the rope- But that's not always a true and tried method. Not always going to have sharp edges to use, for instance." He explained, as he moved around her, looking over her hands.

"It's not something to be afraid of. It's a dislocation trick, just for your thumb." He explained, as he took a seat next to her.

"It stings a bit, but it's not permanent." He calmly pulled his hands up, pressed them together, and pushed until a 'pop' could be heard. (Editors note: Do not try this in real life. This is a ninja magic trick, in real life, you're just going to break your thumb in a way that'll require medical attention)

He seemed to show a sharp bit of pain, but after a moment, he grabbed the thumb, snapped it back into place with his free hand with another gasp of pain, before waving it around with a smirk.

"See? Easy. It's a Shinobi trick we all have to learn eventually. But... If you REALLY want to..." He glanced down at her binds.

"You could try to use any nearby objects to cut the rope."
He shrugged.
On the BenchNov 20, 2023 5:07:16 GMT -5
Yugao Uka
Yugao Uka Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Uka eyed the small branch with a jagged edge, contemplating its potential as a tool for cutting the rope. As Taro suggested the cutting method, she nodded in agreement, ready to explore this alternative. However, she hesitated at the thought of the thumb dislocation trick. "I think I'll hold off on the thumb dislocation for now, Taro. Let's see if we can make the cutting method work first," she said with a playful grin, wanting to exhaust all other possibilities before resorting to that particular technique.
[break][break]
Uka took the small branch in her hands, examining the jagged edge thoughtfully. As Taro suggested the cutting method, she grinned, ready to try a different approach. "Let's give it a shot!" she exclaimed, positioning the branch near the rope binding her hands. However, despite her enthusiastic attempts, the branch didn't prove as effective as she had hoped. The rope held its ground, seemingly unyielding to her efforts. Uka frowned in disappointment, realizing that this might be a tougher challenge than she initially thought.
[break][break]
"Well, that didn't work as planned," Uka remarked, a touch of disappointment in her voice. However, she wasn't one to give up easily. Her mind raced, contemplating other options. Suddenly, inspiration struck. "Wait a minute! What if I use my chakra to loosen the knots?" she exclaimed, her eyes lighting up with the realization. Without waiting for a response, she focused her chakra on her bound hands, subtly manipulating the energy to ease the tightness of the rope.
[break][break]
To her delight, the knots gradually loosened, and with a triumphant grin, Uka freed her hands from the bindings. "There we go! Chakra for the win!" she cheered, her energetic spirit undiminished by the challenges she had faced. Uka beamed at Taro, gratitude and excitement radiating from her. "Thanks a bunch, Taro! Your tips really saved the day. This was a lot of fun!" She gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder before turning to head in the direction her parents had gone. With her hands now free, Uka couldn't wait to catch up to her parents and showcase the skills she had just learned. She waved to Taro, her energy undiminished, and called out, "See you around, Taro! Maybe we can train together again sometime!"
[break][break]
- E X I T -
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc-area"]WORD: 375
[break]

last edit by Yugao Uka on Nov 20, 2023 5:07:46 GMT -5