additional loose ends | mission

compose a reply
additional loose ends | missionNov 18, 2023 18:50:54 GMT -5
Akira
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Akira Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

In the spirit of taking whatever he wanted, Hotarubi had seen an offer for him to join - as an 'earth body' would obviously have something to do with gemology. Souma, luckily, had struck luck. Hotarubi himself was... a nerd. So, he was surprised at being called for this. He had no idea what it was aout and quite frankly, information had been withheld from him (but he had no idea about that) as far as he was concerned - criminal business owned by Shinobi were being perpetrated. Hotarubi was happy to help. When the opportunity to do a little bit of fighting, a little bit of interacting with Souma, all was well.

So, when the opportunity to a) see another country, and b) see what the situations were like in other areas of the world, Hotarubi jumped at it. Had he received all of the proper authorisations? Not exactly. But with how life was going lately he needed to take a few risks. This was one of those risks, and besides - a rock man in the land of rock was going to have a not-rocky time. So, he had quickly crossed into Tsuchi no Kuni and was due to meet Souma at the rendezvous of her choice, and in their last meeting it had left him with some question marks of her true ability - but she had garnered some respect from him and good will, given how she had aided him.

But it was fair that he would show of some of his newer 'skills' - and his sensory abilities were absolutely perfect to observe in this space. The only thing he worried, was if they were not just ninja: but skilled 'hiding' ninja - which was something he still needed to develop.

But he had a good impression about this mission!

MISSION TITLE: Loose Ends [Repeatable]
MISSION RANK: B-rank
NPC REQUIRED: No
RANDOM MISSION SCENARIO: Optional
PARTICIPANTS:
[Open Solo or Team]
DESCRIPTION:
Through connections with SHAKAR and their expanding business, they've given us information on criminal business either run by or protected by a shinobi. These individuals are an extreme threat kept unchecked, but are also the best lead to the criminal organization which had the previous Daiymo executed.

[googlefont=Open+Sans]
last edit by Akira on Nov 20, 2023 17:38:56 GMT -5
Akira has written 296 posts
additional loose ends | missionNov 25, 2023 22:59:38 GMT -5
Souma
Don't work smart, OR hard. Work smart- THEN hard.
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan
Chuunin, Iwagakure Medical Corps

| 243 | notes

MISSION TITLE: Loose Ends [Repeatable]

MISSION RANK: B-rank

NPC REQUIRED: No

RANDOM MISSION SCENARIO: Optional

PARTICIPANTS:
[Open Solo or Team]
DESCRIPTION:
Through connections with SHAKAR and their expanding business, they've given us information on criminal business either run by or protected by a shinobi. These individuals are an extreme threat kept unchecked, but are also the best lead to the criminal organization which had the previous Daiymo executed.

Tantetsu Souma
We are not assigning you to this missing on grounds of your medical talents. This is, we are sure, a surprise, but considering the nature of your accompaniments, we have prioritized dispatching the only individual of similar durability to his own.

Your targets are the heads of a jewel distributor known to be run by Iwagakure defectors. Their precise fate is unimportant, but must be of a permanent nature.

It is likely the resistance you will face will include multiple shinobi. Do not be careless.

We await news of your successful completion of the task.

Souma filed the mission log into the small, personal cabinet she kept to the side of the collected medical records of those she'd treated to date. The assignment would reunite her with one Hotarubi, a fellow of peculiar ability she'd had the pleasure to meet and train with following his promotion to Chuunin. His brutality was something she envied a bit, her own sense of restraint keeping her from reaping the benefits of having the extent of her talents known.

Perhaps this would be a decent time to begin cultivating a reputation.

The blue-haired girl awaited her contact in the town they were intended to work in, across the village from the offices understood to harbor the targets they needed to eliminate. She wore a padded yukata over the plated armor she was never truly without, leaving her form heavy but believably contoured without drawing attention.

He'd be here soon - and then they could get to work.

"Don't work smart, or hard. Work smart, then hard."

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 347 posts
additional loose ends | missionNov 30, 2023 5:57:39 GMT -5
Akira
Akira Avatar
groupnull

The architecture of the area between its sand banks with houses dotted over dirt banks between different spots of water was a newer thing: being used to jungles, the more tepid and dry land of Tsuchi no Kuni was the kind of earthen environment he liked. And again: the man wondered why the Yamakira had not in fact settled here, and wondered if they had been pushed out due to some historical reason.

Hotarubi himself was dressed in the most exquisite nothing of clothing: resembling little to a civilian or a shinobi in a plain black shirt and a plain black trouser leg - though, there was an obnoxious shade of patterned pink shawl draped over both of his shoulders. As he did find her by her blue hair and gait that he had seen once before the flash of recognition came across his expression as he approached from her side.

It was the steel bending - and now Hotarubi was a rank closer to her as well. "Eyy!" Hotarubi would whoop. It was Souma. Hotarubi had positive opinions of her which couldn't be said the same for many other people. "My favorite steel girly. What's the news?" It was little hiding his abilities in front of her now since they'd fought and had a grasp between the differences in their styles: and how he had become... more relaxed in his use of Doton. More importantly, he saw a rival in her: someone who was of similar, if not more strength than himself: like Kunikunosaku. Someone who he did not fear, like Ryu: and someone who could challenge him to be better, like Nageku. She was perfect.

[googlefont=Open+Sans]
additional loose ends | missionDec 17, 2023 4:03:12 GMT -5
Souma
Don't work smart, OR hard. Work smart- THEN hard.
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan
Chuunin, Iwagakure Medical Corps

| ### | notes

Souma might have a relatively monotone approach to most things, but she recognized the sincere appreciation for her presence in Hotarubi's response, and it spurred a small, but very real smile as she turned his way and offered a bow of greeting. "Hello, my friend." She skipped his name, unsure of how comfortable he was having it spread around. "And you flatter me; you have not met other steel girlies. My cousins are wonderful people; I am sure your opinion would change if you knew them, too."

He'd asked a question, though, and she turned to ponder the other side of town, perhaps giving him a reason to look that way himself. "Simple enough. A local jewelry conglomeracy happens to be run by defectors. Shinobi, no less, and multiple. As such, the risks of sending in most genin or ops teams would be unacceptable." She spoke simply, describing the risk analysis she'd already done. "As such, I am sure you can gather why we were selected for this task. Or- well. You, at least. My selection will be more obvious as we engage, I suspect. Or perhaps we spoke already of such things? I do not recall." Souma shrugged, clearly unconcerned with whether she'd forgotten or not.

"In any case. We should try to keep structural collateral to a minimum out of a courtesy to the locals." A moment's pause, and then she simply said, "That consideration does not extend to our opponents."

"Don't work smart, or hard. Work smart, then hard."

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 347 posts
additional loose ends | missionDec 18, 2023 18:27:32 GMT -5
Akira
Akira Avatar
groupnull
Friend? That was sweet of her. Hotarubi would grin more brightly.

Yamakira did have feelings! He wasn't always so bloodthirsty and difficult to be around! It certainly helped that they had been enlisted for a mission in one of his few special interests, and so why wouldn't he had been thankful to Souma for thinking of him? "You'll just have to do, till I can come to Iwagakure!" His tone was more cheerful than the previous conversations or the previous memories that she might've had from him at the exams.

But, crossing his arms, listening to her as she described his ideal assignment. That was fine. The man paid attention to her - considering if there was a route to go about or if she had a plan in mind already. Unlike most times he was happy for her to dictate the pacing of the mission. "My sensory abilities. Yes." Hotarubi had already explained to Souma as a part of her request from when she had helped him finish a mission, and she had pieced together the rest.

But, she had to use the less colorful and nice language, like 'donts' and 'shouldnts' for a mission. "Yeah. I can damage mitigate." Hotarubi was ... it did mean no earth from the inside of the building but he supposed he could make it work. Hotarubi would hold out his hand above her chest level: from it - an orb would first swell from his shoulder, down his forearm and out into his palm. "I have all of the earth I need here." Hotarubi would show off his new shiny thing to a person he felt no threat by. TO her look, it was a ornate orb that he kept on his person and inside him - but it would have the markings of a Fuinjutsu if that hadn't been clear enough.

Well. That was a simple enough assertion: it in no way meant she wasn't strong. She had blown him apart in a blow, she demanded respect: and Hotarubi wanted to grow enough to make sure she was no threat to he. "After you." The Yellow eyed ninja would move to walk by her side. "I'll take stock when we get there, give us an idea of the engagement we're expecting."

[googlefont=Open+Sans]