Jump [T]Nov 20, 2023 15:40:21 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ichigoni
Dattebayo.
Uzumaki Ichigoni Avatar
groupnull
age 24 years old birthday January 1st rank Jounin occupation Kaigun-daisa
[googlefont=Crimson Text]
くたばれ
The training area that Ichigoni had taken over for the day was a mock ship built in an enclosed valley between two hills. It had never seen a maiden voyage, and it had never been complete. In fact, the ship itself was built from rejected pieces that were hauled in from various dockyards and cobbled together. With some finishing work it certainly looked like a sea vessel, although it wouldn’t float. Instead it rested in the mud, collecting moisture in its wood that made it creak when the Uzumaki stepped foot on the deck.

The ship had three masts that bore no sails, but each featured a crows nest. The back part of the upper deck was incomplete, leaving the lower deck visible to the naked eye from above. All of the three dimensional layers made for the perfect training area for what Ichigoni had in mind today.

Stopping at the middle of the completed part of the upper deck, near the center mast, Ichigoni bit his thumb and then planted it into the ground. A black circle formed and an orange toad that stood shoulder length with Ichigoni appeared wielding tanto with a blue vest.

"Gamakichi,” Ichigoni said.

"Sup?”

Sharp has written 112 posts
Jump [T]Dec 13, 2023 14:03:20 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ichigoni
Dattebayo.
Uzumaki Ichigoni Avatar
groupnull
くたばれ
"I am working on my jumping techniques today,” Ichigoni told the toad. "Specifically, I want to get precise enough to use it regularly in battle without exerting a lot of chakra to use the wind element.”

Gamakichi nodded and put on a confident grin. "Well, there’s no better teacher, you know? But what’s in it for me?”

Ichigoni pulled a small jar from his jacket. It had a paper film over the top of it with little holes cut out. Inside of it were six butterflies with blue and black wings fluttering around, bumping into one another in panic. "How about a snack?” he asked.

"Ooooh those look tasty. Okay, I’ll help you out. Don’t expect a miracle though, you are a human after all,” he said.

"I’ll use a little chakra to try to keep up, just jump around the ship and I’ll try to follow you.”

"Right,” Gamakichi said. Soon after the toad shot up into the air and landed on top of a stack of crates and barrels about teen feet tall. The stack had several imperfections that could be used as footholds to climb on top, which was the usual use of this part of the training area, but Ichigoni would try to make it up without their assistance.

last edit by Uzumaki Ichigoni on Dec 13, 2023 14:03:33 GMT -5
Jump [T]Dec 20, 2023 23:49:15 GMT -5
Uzumaki Ichigoni
Dattebayo.
Uzumaki Ichigoni Avatar
groupnull
くたばれ
Ichigoni jumped while pushing chakra into his legs and out of his feet, attempting to let the burst of energy release as he made his way upwards. Though not visible to the naked eye, the quantities of chakra expelled were excessive and his timing was imperfect. At this lower height, the two acted as an accidental counter-balance.

Ichigoni made his landing next to Gamakichi and gave a sure nod. "Easy. Maybe I’ve already got this down.”

Gamakichi grinned and crossed his arms, twiddling a blade of grass in his mouth. "Don’t get cocky, that was just a warm up. We’ll see how you do with the next one.”

The toad took a deep breath. He made a short jump for the forward mast, then once he made contact with it, he sprung off of it and upwards. As he soared up into the air, he reached forward with his tongue and grasped onto the netting of the center-most mast of the ship. Then he finished climbing up into the crow’s nest and waved to Ichigoni.

"Give it a try!” Gamakichi called down.

Ichigoni looked up at the distant toad and then towards the mast he’d used to get a boost. The Uzumaki closed his eyes and inhaled deep.