Foul Teachings (Sachi)

compose a reply
Foul Teachings (Sachi)Nov 21, 2023 11:26:21 GMT -5
Uehara Shin
"With a smile and zero hesitation."
Uehara Shin Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday 16.04. rank Chuunin occupation The Hustle
Just like any other old afternoon during the colder time of year, the village was slowly being wrapped up in a cloak of ever encroaching darkness. While there was still some light out, the first stalls and shops around the village were lighting up lamps and preparing for the evening business. Most parts of the hidden grass were still busy with many faces, both civilian and Shinobi, but there were also some parts of town that called for a quieter atmosphere. These places usually had people work inside or, in some cases, hosted private meetings and get-togethers. Today one such street lay in the eastern part of the ninja village, as it was hosting a formal gathering to a few faces, that some would call thuggish, rough and unrefined. In fact anyone who saw them usually made sure to keep their distance from these folk. These groups of grim fellows didn't do anything inappropriate, but their appearance alone would cause suspicion. The fact that there seemed to be two groups of them that wore different colored arm bands, only heightened the tension. Both groups were sitting at the opposite side of a tea house's entrance, seemingly waiting for something.

Their presence undeniably soured business for the other residents and shop owners, but since they didn't do anything, nobody could tell them off. Instead, a few dissatisfied residents were staring at the thugs, who in turn would stare back at them and then go back to glaring at the other group. Those who'd paid attention earlier, knew that a small group of men who seemingly led these thugs here was currently inside the little tea house and doing who knew what. Some in their hearts thought that this might be a big time robbery and that the old owner of the tea house was done for. Or maybe they came to collect a debt? Wild speculations all around only kept the whole street on edge as such a gathering was completely out of the ordinary. Maybe a few Shinobi could come and clear this up? The street remained eerily quiet for what should be an early evening filled with the sounds of life. What nobody around hat noticed, was that the man that entered the tea house first, was a Shinobi himself, and he had taken the two leaders of the two groups of thugs with him inside. The only other person present was the old shop owner who was currently busying himself with brewing up a fresh tea for his 'fine' guests.

While the men outside the shop were built in wildly differing but usually muscular ways, the two thugs inside, who were the leaders of these groups, had the exact opposite body frames. The 'blue rat' was a short and skinny middle-aged man with a face the matched his name. 'Red Bear' instead was a big bulky man with a large gut jutting out before him. They both looked pretty sinister in their own way, but neither seemed too happy to be here today. Both of these guys were rivals and always busy stealing each other's business as the two groups of people specialized in scamming money out of unsuspecting tourists and travelers by offering them overpriced services and collecting money by force afterward if needed. They weren't big time criminals but had some minor run-ins with local authority already and currently the man in front of them had called both of these groups here to talk business. Clearly the strange young man with the uniquely colored hair had something to him that made him superior.

In fact Shin was sitting on a slightly tilted back chair and finishing up reading a letter that blue rat had given him. After a short moment he folded it back together and put it inside his jacket, before leaning back forward and smiling, "I've just called you up for the usual business, no reason to look so depressed." A mischievous smile hung on his lips.
Leylin has written 48 posts
Foul Teachings (Sachi)Nov 28, 2023 5:19:48 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 9 rank Genin occupation
Kisei Sachi🌸
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

Despite her hectic schedule, the rose-clad kunoichi in pink found herself strolling down the road in the business sector of the second ring in Kusagakure no Sato. Her lips quivered as she sucked on the end of her kiseru pipe, and the citrusy scent of the herbs inside wafted along with her. The cold, chilling air prompted her to question why she had accepted such a request, but she sighed and reminded herself that she couldn't overlook it. She adjusted the pink fluffy scarf around her neck, attempting to ward off the cold. Her task for the day was to assist an old tea shop with its evening service. This quaint teahouse was situated in a somewhat sketchy part of the sector, closer to the pastures on the outer rings. While not a Kisei property, it also wasn't a direct competitor.

The tea shop's proprietor, a Nakahara with a penchant for crafting experimental tea blends, had been a long-time ally of the Kisei clan. In his retirement from the extensive market research that once bound him to the Kisei's ventures, he had chosen a quieter life, finding solace in the art of tea-making within the cozy confines of his establishment. Despite the somewhat perilous location and a high turnover rate among employees, the elderly man remained undeterred, content in his eccentric solitude. Sachi, with her background steeped in the traditions of her clan's teahouses and cafes, was a natural fit for such an unusual request. Her own quirkiness aligned well with the peculiarities of the tea shop's owner and the situation. In addition, the parallels between the old whimsical Nakahara and her own father, a similarly peculiar figure, struck a chord within Sachi.

Her upbringing additionally had instilled in her a philosophy that judged individuals not by their appearances, a sentiment reflected in her parents' wisdom: "A person cannot be judged by his appearance in the same token as the sea cannot be measured with a bucket."

This philosophy, embraced by her elderly parents, had translated into a welcoming attitude towards all customers, regardless of their backgrounds. Criminals or those who might seem "ill-looking" were treated with the same respect as any other patrons, embodying the inclusive spirit that defined the Kisei clan's approach to their establishments.

The rosy-pink kunoichi strolled down the path, her focused blue eyes drawn to the gathering of two distinct groups of ruffians around the modest ocha-ya. Onlookers, their expressions marked with concern, watched the scene unfold as the small figure, wreathed in white smoke from her kiseru pipe, moved forward. Sachi's gaze methodically swept across the faces of the assembled troublemakers, as if cataloging the information into her mental database.

Noticing the colored armbands that identified the two groups, she contemplated the rarity of local gangs in a shinobi village compared to more civilian-centric areas like Hohei-Cho. In Kusagakure no Sato, the majority of the population consisted of regular townsfolk, primarily businessmen and farmers, with the military making up the remaining quarter. Despite the prevalence of the military presence, where there were people, there would inevitably be instances of crime.

"Busy night tonight?”
Sachi pondered as she tilted her head and walked closer a little cautiously, her smoke dancing around her. Her scarf, wrapped snugly around her neck, concealed the telltale hitai-ate that identified her as a shinobi As the young girl made her way into the tea shop, onlookers' concern lingered in their gazes, silently observing her passage past the two loitering gangs. She carefully extinguished the light of her pipe and tucked it away into the pocket of her obi, adopting a composed demeanor. Upon entering, she offered a polite bow, her words laced with a respectful tone, "Apologies for my disturbance (お邪魔します)."

Her gaze briefly met the eyes of a shinobi seated with two others, who seemingly related to the groups outside. Recognizing the split-colored chuunin as part of Operations Team 2, despite never having crossed paths personally, Sachi navigated the situation with a blend of curiosity and discretion. After residing in Kusagakure for close to four years, she had grown familiar with most of the village's shinobi, yet this senpai’s particular association with potentially hazardous individuals intrigued her.

However, guided by a sense of respect and a desire not to intrude, she continued her path without overt acknowledgment, as if deliberately choosing to overlook the conspicuous connection between the shinobi and the groups lingering outside. Her quiet observation persisted, poised with a subtle curiosity that she concealed behind a façade of polite indifference.

As the tension lingered in the room, Sachi gracefully introduced herself, her voice a gentle contrast amidst the atmosphere. With a formal bow, she addressed the old owner, acknowledging their longstanding collaboration with a touch of gratitude. "Good evening, Kisei Sachi here at your service. Thank you for working with my family for so long."

"Yasuha-Ojiisan of the traveling goods store notified me of your request for assistance this evening, although I didn’t expect you to be the owner. Our meeting must be fate," she continued, acknowledging the curious twist of events. In response, the old man reciprocated the bow, a hint of ancient wisdom reflected in his smirk. Gesturing toward a spare apron in the back, he guided her in that direction, a silent cue for her to begin her task.

While engrossed in arranging cups on a tray, preparing for the evening's service, Sachi couldn't resist the temptation to keep her ears open, subtly attuned to the conversation unfolding among the three guests.
–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

last edit by Kisei Sachi on Nov 28, 2023 5:22:52 GMT -5
IntrovertedRabbit has written 186 posts
Foul Teachings (Sachi)Nov 28, 2023 15:45:32 GMT -5
Uehara Shin
Uehara Shin Avatar
groupnull

Shin smiled at the two for a moment before his eyes looked at the door and a young girl walked in. Well, atleast she was younger then him but had some familiarity to her that he couldn't quite shake. Maybe they'd met before but he couldn't remember, maybe among a crowd or... he shrugged to himself before turning to the two thugs sitting before him, grin turning into a laugh. "Heh, hahaha, your band of no good scum can't even scare a little girl away from our meeting, maybe a while in prison would help you guys out and get you tougher." His eyes seemed to stare into the souls of these two, who shared a disgruntled look, having been mocked like this. Right now Shin didn't seem to pay much attention to Sachi, be he did keep track of her movements. "Well, let's not worry about a waitress too much, I've read your guys's notes and I am pleased enough with it, but I feel you still need to work harder. In the end I am the one who is paying you guys to collect information on what is going on in the country and money is getting tight I fear. Maybe I'll have to look for some underlings who appreciate what I do and leave you lot to rot on the streets again, one foot away from a lengthy prison stay. Without me you'd just be thugs, but I gave you a proper job and leave you alone most of the time." He spoke these words so clearly for those in the tea house to hear, because he had an ulterior motivation of course.

Still a light smile on his face Shin gave the two leaders a moment to consider. They both nodded lightly to show their aknowledgement, but still looked somewhat troubled, as if something was stuck in their throats but they couldn't speak it out loud, like the fact that their pay was barely supporting their activities as a group and they had to travel a lot. On the other hand their lot was still better then being criminals and fearing for the worst all the time. Shin leaned back again, his chair tilted back again and he had a pretty carefree expression on his face. "Remember, when we got more money coming in and you guys prove your useful, I'll increase your pay so even you good-for-nothings can live like proper human beings." At this moment Shin's eyes shot over to Sachi and the old man. "I'm a little disappointed in this shop service, I think I ordered three cups for us quite a bit ago and it's not like business is booming, is it?" He spoke rudely but didn't care much about the tea itself, he still had his eyes on how Sachi was doing, interested in figuring her out. At this moment blue rat spoke up, he was after all more quick witted than red bear and better with words. "We would just like an insurance that we will get better pay and a safer life." He said and looked at Shin with his watery eyes.

The chuunin couldn't help but shake his head. "Your insurance is that I am still giving you work. I can rely on you guys, because you don't ask too many questions and are good at just doing what I want from you." Shin closed and pulled out two envelopes. "These are your new tasks and targets for this week. If you do well we can talk about the money part again." He rolled his eyes and waved at them with his hand, clearly indicating that they could leave. Shin had kept it pretty short as usual, so as to not give the thugs too much to think about. Mind you, in the end he hadn't even waited for thge tea to arrive, but her was already shooing these two out, even with their conflicted expressions. As they had left with their horde of goons, only a lot of dust was left in the air and the outsides, too, could return to a calm and over the next quarter hour or so the streets would begin to fill up again. Shin on the other hand looked over to the employees again and his eyes rested on Sachi. "Girl, I'm sorry but my helpers aren't really the refined tea drinkers I'd hope for, they only understand booze and women. So why don't you take two of those tea cups and have a seat with me, I want to talk. I'll pay for it, so don't be shy." He again, waved his hand lazily to ask her over. He now looked way more amiable and had dropped the commanding tone from his voice, seemingly really wanting to have a pleasent chat with Sachi.
Foul Teachings (Sachi)Nov 29, 2023 4:55:31 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

Sachi listened as her fellow shinobi of a higher ranking continued with his conversation with the mismatched gangsters, showing no hints of prying, although she had a vague sense that her senpai was watching her. She often lightly eavesdropped on conversations while she was working in the tea houses in Hohei-Cho growing up so she was well versed in doing both tasks, as tea making and preparations were one of the many practices she had under her belt. Like a choreography for a dance, her motions were memorized, and she was able to work seamlessly with the owner despite not working at this teahouse before, the procedures being common between most teahouses. 

Uehara Shin. Sachi didn’t have a lot of information about him within her database. Knowing only what he looked like and his name, only acute knowledge of his abilities, she acknowledged his knack for conversation, albeit with excessive words in her option. His seasoned ramblings reminded her of the talk she often heard on the streets of the capital, littered with phrases that could lure in the desperate. She could even recall some of the lines like a playbook, not having no choice to compartmentalize all that she had heard.

"How interesting,”
Sachi was naturally hungry for uncommon events such as this, usually satiating herself on the small differences of the everyday. She found herself pondering why a shinobi like him didn't employ more reputable individuals for these tasks—whatever they might be. After musing to herself about it, she concluded that using hoodlums was probably cheaper, and easier to control, and there were likely tasks only those in the underbelly could do. In addition, the business sector had a higher entry point than one may expect so adding it all together, the gears turned in the pinkette’s head.

"Perhaps it’s something illegal, maybe…” The rosy Kisei shook her head, halting her assumption about her valued customers, Sachi couldn’t help but find herself curious, a swirl of excitement starting to form at the pit of her stomach. Morally, it was a bit gray for the girl’s taste. Preying on those who are weaker with more to lose wasn’t her first choice in hobbies, but such things still had a flavor to them; the intrigue was undeniable. She also figured her dear Ichi-niisama might’ve found it either alarming or amusing and decided to tell him later about it.

Her thoughts were then interrupted by the crass remarks about the service from her supposed ally. "Ah, yes,” Sachi replied, choosing not to comment on the man’s choice words about the service and if possible, she wanted to avoid too much trouble when interacting with this particular senpai of hers. The old man finished pouring the fully steeped tea into the pot, appearing to not mind the tensions unfolding in the room and the lack of customers due to the loitering of the groups outside. Once she loaded the trays, the split-colored chuunin sent the two leaders out with a wave.

Sachi stood there, a little dumbfounded at the events, especially when he was rudely beckoning them earlier. "Quite carefree...” She thought to herself, bright blue eyes glancing towards the shinobi with the tray in hand. The shinobi apologized and then to her surprise, requested that she sit down with him for a chat.

With apprehension mixed with curiosity, she turned to the elderly Nakahara, who approved with a nod. "If you insist, I'll accept your invitation," she said formally, placing the tray on the table and taking one of the cups to the back. Removing her apron and scarf to reveal the hidden forehead protector, she returned to the table.

‘What did you want to talk about, Uehara-senpai?" Sachi asked, sitting upright, both hands resting on her lap, revealing her knowledge of his name and her shinobi status. "Ah, I suppose introductions are necessary. I don’t believe we’ve talked before. Kisei Sachi of Genin Team 1, it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance." She ended her introduction with a formal sitting bow, a pleasant smile on her face.

–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

last edit by Kisei Sachi on Nov 29, 2023 5:34:21 GMT -5
Foul Teachings (Sachi)Nov 29, 2023 15:48:27 GMT -5
Uehara Shin
Uehara Shin Avatar
groupnull

Smile still up on his face, Shin watched as Sachi sat down before him, of course he saw the symbol of her being a shinobi just like him and he'd expected something like this as she hadn't acted quite like a normal girl her age probably would've. Atleast right now Shin got the impression that this girl was pretty mature for her age and also knew quite a bit. Maybe if they were at the same rank and age he would've had to treat her with a little bit more rerspect and seriousness, but right now he could definitely allow himself to be a bit more careless. He was pretty much certain that this girl was still a genin, even without her calling him senpai. He did not touch his tea as he already opened to speak to her. "what do you think of these two? They're quite pathetic, no?" The Uehara spawn again didn't mince his words as he looked at her expectantly. "The two of them spent most of their lives as criminals and so did the guys you saw outside. I can't say I am a saint by emplyoing them, but atleast I keep them of the street and away from hurting anybody in turn all I have them do is send me information about what's going on in the country. Well I can't have these types of guys cover everything, but it's a start."

He wasn't quite smiling anymore, but seemed to stare at Sachi's headband as if he was thinking about something. His right hand, resting on the table between them, started tapping its index finger on the table three times before he looked up at the girl again. "I was thinking that I have everything ready, the old Uehara estate is being sold off very soon and I'll buy myself a nice little shop in the city center. How about you become my first business partner? I'll make a suggestion to you and if you want to take it up, why not spread the word about me?" His mouth spread out in a smile again, but this time it was a little more toothy, making him look quite mischievious. "No worries, I will not make you sign anything or have you give me any promises, but you seem like a smart girl who knows to value a bit of knowledge. All I want to leave with you, is an advertisement if you will." Still he hadn't touched the tea he'd been served and instead only looked into Sachi's eyes without the slightest bit of hesitation. He held his hands up before him and interlocked his fingers, making it always look like he was making a praying motion with his hands, but he continued to speak to her. "Through a steady give and take we can all continue to grow and what I plan on selling is knowledge as an independet business person to those who want to know. Of course this is not just any old knowledge I want to put up for sale, but the goal is to get to those well kept secrets, that would make even the village leaders foam at the mouth."

Finally he picked up his cup of tea and took a whiff of its aroma, sampling the pleasent scent, before starting to talk again and putting the cup down. "Where you come in as a business partner is, that I would like you to spread the word about my little venture. How does that sound? I'm sure you have many more organic relationships with people who repect you and all that stuff, you are even good with the Nakaharas, are you not? He nodded his head towards the old man shop owner and then looked back at her. Trading information with information, or money. If you hear any secrets or about exclusive information, I'd be happy to trade it for knowledge in return, or maybe you want to earn yourself some extra money? You can look at it like a little game if you want, catch some interesting information and come to me to get a reward." He'd told her a lot, but also didn't really tell her how he planned to do proper business, it mighht all sound a bit vague right now, but all he wanted to do is plant this idea in her today, maybe this girl would let someone else know about him, or maybe she'd forget him, but right now her value lay in being a kunoichi who seemed quite bright herself.
Foul Teachings (Sachi)Nov 30, 2023 2:26:18 GMT -5
Kisei Sachi
Kisei Sachi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Kisei Sachi🌸

Sachi let the man ramble as she picked up her teacup, turning it once before taking a sip as she listened respectfully. She didn’t mind her senpai’s ill-nature or informal speech, she found herself almost entertained as she continued to remain attentive, her usual smile not moving. She was still rather curious but she didn’t want Shin to notice, either out of respect or because of something subconsciously engrained in her.

Pathetic wouldn’t have been her choice of words and she wasn’t one to mock others either–especially not knowing their situation and she ultimately chose not to agree or deny. "I am but a frog in a well.” Sachi softly stated in reply to his inquiry about the two gangsters. The usually talkative genin held her tongue well. She would be the one to ramble on about this and that but she didn’t feel the need in front of the equally chatty Chuunin. She took another sip of tea; an experimental blend from an eccentric Nakahara was evident in the steep. She alluded to the saying, "A frog in a well cannot discuss the ocean, because he is limited by the size of his well. A summer insect cannot discuss ice, because it knows only its own season.”

Sachi was a little surprised that he was selling the Uehara estate and more astonished that he was opening up a "shop” in the city center with the money, not saying which city exactly. She imagined doing so in Kusagakure no Sato would prove a challenge as their city center was militaristic with the shinobi headquarters residing there. As she continued to listen, her eyes widened at his proposition to her. Sachi slightly tilted her head in confusion, her acute façade breaking. Her senpai’s hands continued to be animated as he spoke words of business to the young girl.

Bringing a finger to her lips, she looked to the side as if in ponderance. The whole scheme felt quite terrible if she were to be honest. A third party obtaining village secrets could be considered treason in some cases. She felt strange that he would ask something like that of her, especially within a first meeting. He couldn’t have figured out that much about her from the simple exchange, so she wondered what he saw in her that prompted him. Neither her family nor the person who wanted to be the closest to her could measure her eccentricities. It might’ve just been an interesting eccentricity of the shinobi Uehara Shin.

The eloquent businessman spoke at length, yet Sachi found it challenging to make any concrete assessments. The true intent behind the words, the motive for engaging in such a business, or the desires of the split-haired Chuunin remained elusive. Maintaining a wide smile, she sipped her tea once more. "I'm flattered, but I believe you're overestimating me. I don't think I would be a good match for such endeavors," she replied, her upturned brows complementing her small smile. "To be frank, I can't overtly accept your invitation without knowing more." She swirled the leftover tea in her cup, observing the small leaves that escaped the filter. "I indeed have good relations with many, but unfortunately, I don't think they would need or desire the secrets you speak of."

Her expression brightened with a sudden thought.
"Ah, maybe..." Her gaze shifted upwards momentarily, then towards the side, before refocusing on the conversation. "Additionally, I wouldn't want to bring shame to my elderly parents and my clan. I'm quite close to all of them, after all." Her clan, continually expanding in size, held immense significance to her, and tarnishing their name was out of the question. As the child of both clans, she held a reputation to uphold. However, she had chosen the path of becoming a shinobi to carve her own way in the world.

"I do find it interesting, even if I have no need for ryo." She smiled cheerily at him, moving to the side slightly as she put her cup on the table. "In our line of work, knowledge is a wonderful patron. They say ‘Men honor what lies within the sphere of their knowledge, but do not realize how dependent they are on what lies beyond it.’”

–🌸-

Attempt by Necro
Tags:

Foul Teachings (Sachi)Nov 30, 2023 16:13:57 GMT -5
Uehara Shin
Uehara Shin Avatar
groupnull

Shin only smiled as he listened to Sachi proclaim herself a frog in a well. By now his tea had made it to her lips, and he was oh so close to finally tasting it, but just as close as he was to trying it, he was equally far away as before. He put the tea down again and pretended to think about something with his hand to his chin, before replying, "But can the frog not dream of the ocean? These two thugs have lived as frogs in a well their whole lives and probably would have died in it prematurely if I hadn't put a bucket down the well and given them a chance. I've given them a pond, and now they're getting greedy, I ignited the idea that they can get more and maybe see the ocean one day." The Uehara offspring had his hands folded on the table now while looking at the Kisei girl once more. No matter the movement, Shin would see it and judge her. For how casual he was and the little respect he showed, Shin was somehow still emitting a certain pressure of confidence that was hard to shake. "To that end," he continued, "why couldn't you dream and talk about the ocean without having been there? To me, you seem like quite the smart girl. I am rambling on and on, but instead of interrupting me or trying to stop what I'm planning, you are actually listening to what I have to say. From your movements, I can tell that you value your practice, and you seem quite thoughtful of those around you. Just don't take your well for granted, lest it get poisoned." He didn't really care to explain more about this whole well thing, it was both a warning and a threat. Both Shin and any possible outside force could upset the balance.

A warning was fine and all, but he wasn't trying to scare her away, all he wanted is for her to think a bit more carefully about what he was talking about. Her replies gave him just that confirmation. Maybe she wanted to lure more detailed information out of him to rat him out, maybe she was just honestly curious, but neither case meant he'd underestimate her, so he would keep honestly talking to her for now. Just as much as she'd protested of her usefulness to him, he saw her expression brighten up a bit for a moment. "Did you think of someone who might want to know a certain something? It doesn't matter how highly you think of someone, there's always a reason to be jealous, to look for revenge or maybe to learn about what your loved one is up to when you don't see them." Shin's smile was now a bit more ghostly, in truth these were some quite scary ideas to put in someone's head who was weaker than Sachi. "Don't judge people too easily just because they seem close to you. Could be your last mistake." He had to admit one thing though, "Maybe you're right, and I'll get in trouble for what I'm doing, but it's not like I'm stealing secrets from others like going around and collecting diaries. I am just honestly selling information that I've heard on the streets or that others sold to me, what's so wrong with that? That's why I am here with you, to start up a business, as I said, no contract, no obligations, just that if you ever want to know something, or trade your knowledge for money, I should be your first point of interest."

He nodded, having to take this step to possibly get closer to the Kisei and Nakahara families while he could. It was best to make a name for himself now, before someone spread a rumor that might be unfavorable. He also made clear that he was not looking to follow illegal activities, after all he even got rid of possibly dangerous men and had them work for him. Shin sighed and finally took a sip from the tea - not bad - that had been cooling for a short while. "Do you think I am a fool? How am I going to do all of this?" He smiled in quite the amiable smile again, seemingly no longer trying to scare her away, "That's why it is too early to tell you how you'll find this 'shop' of mine or how to directly tell you how to contact me, in future you'll have to count on yourself you know? You like your clan and family? What's that got to do with this? Why can't you use me to protect your family? You just admitted how important knowledge is, why not use it? Do you know who's against your clan? Enemies don't just lay outside the village or country, and they will not announce themselves." Shin did not grin or smile, instead the air about him seemed icy again, oh no he was back to trying and scaring her again already. "Even those close to you may not have your best interest in mind."