compose a reply
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Dec 14, 2023 13:19:48 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
"My blood runs thicker than yours."
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 13, 1009 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1
blood as black as the ocean
Enyo just kept staring with that extreme look of judgment and condescension. It was one that seemed to never waver and truly Enyo had picked it up from his family. Almost all of his attributes were picked up from the older members of his family directly, and his mannerisms were too. So there he stood, staring, watching Hisao repeat the hand seal sequence over and over again, occasionally looking back up to him.

What was he doing? Did he have a stupid nervous tick? Was he looking for validation? Enyo was not certain of what the boy wanted, but he was certain that he would not acknowledge him. He should be able to feel it on his own, he had graduated from the academy after all. There was no reason for him to NOT to figure this out on his own, right? Enyo had figured out a lot of things on his own, he had been forced into horrible situations beyond most people's imaginations.

Figure it out or die.

Finally though, he couldn't help it, his tongue sharper than ever he sneered.

"Do you have a tick or something? Why do you keep looking at me? Can't remember the order?"

aeron at thq
Han has written 333 posts
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Jan 4, 2024 19:48:50 GMT -5
Sourei Hisao
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Sourei Hisao Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday 09-21-1009 rank Genin occupation Medical Corp. member

Sourei Hisao
" Just surviving in life isn’t the same as living "

"N-no I. I got it. The order is simple enough, I just.. How uh, how fast should I go? Would speed play a considerable factor here?”

Hisao quickly thought of something to ask about, trying to cover how he had been waiting for something else. While his hands were still on the last dog hand sigil, he was trying very hard not to look like a kicked dog himself. He really had no idea how to interact with this boy.

He already couldn’t wait for this to be over with. He’d relished a bit in the idea of learning more advanced techniques, and he still wanted to do that, but was this really the way? He really should have gone searching for another medic-nin.. But then again. A kuronmeru. If anyone would know their craft and not be shy about pointing out mistakes, it would likely be one of them, and on top of that. It was highly unlikely Enyo would go around telling people, especially any Sourei, that he’d taught or hung out with Hisao at all. Really, this entire scenario was kind of unbelievable and he was living it!

I wonder what Kobashi would say if he knew I was doing this..

He thought, supressing a shiver.
Hisao tried to muster some confidence from within himself and stated with more confidence than before, going ahead and thanking Enyo instead of apologising again.

"Right. I got it now. Thank you for your patience. I'm ready for the next step now.”

Leviathan has written 41 posts
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Jan 7, 2024 22:10:13 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"Go slow until you have the hang of it. In a combat situation being quicker will be of great benefit to you. But until then? Slow and steady. Don't want to mess it up, do you?"

It seemed simple to Enyo who had done it a dozen million times it seemed. A jutsu was always learned slow, and while by the time any one of them were genin they had a good handle on performing hand seals, doing a different pattern of them and memorizing it was the harder part. It was often what made techniques so difficult to learn. The right order, with the right amount of chakra.

The speed hardly mattered in this situation, as long as Hisao performed it right. The speed would come later... Did he not know this? It seemed not and it was grating on Enyo's last nerve.

"The next step is simple," Enyo sneered. Not a single part of him really wanted to be here, but he had made his bed and at his father would say, now he had to lie in it. He had to see the stupid task through, because he had to run his mouth earlier on.

How helpful of him. Hisao really should be thankful - in Enyo's mind anyway.

"Combine the chakra exercise from earlier with the hand seals and we'll see some results, hopefully... If you aren't a complete lost cause."

aeron at thq
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Jan 14, 2024 10:44:24 GMT -5
Sourei Hisao
Sourei Hisao Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Sourei Hisao

"..Got it”

Hisao nodded to show he understood and quietly took a breath to calm down and focus. He hoped he wasn’t a lost cause.. It was hard to tell how much of what Enyo said was to preserve this image of a ‘better than you’ Kuronmeru and how much of it was really Hisao’s lacking skills and experience.
Either way, standing there thinking about it was unlikely to help him right now and so he focused his chakra on his hands and started to go through the sigils. On the second repeat, he started actually trying for real and not just feeling it out, and so the chakra in his hands started to glow and take form. It was barely there at first, but as he watched it happen Hisao started to forget the eyes on him and focus on the task at hand. As he watched the chakra take form, his confidence grew, his hands signed more steadily and a layer of chakra would start to form on his palms after every repetition.

Hisao honestly felt a little surprised. It looked like he had done it correctly, from what he remembered it should look like. He clearly wasn't an expert and it took him a few tries to get a consistent chakra output but once he felt like he had gotten the hang of it, he forced back a relieved smile.

tag: lir words: 1173 template by eliza @ tb & thq

Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Jan 20, 2024 16:20:04 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Enyo did not show that he was particularly pleased. Hisao was showing progress and this was a good thing, but Enyo did not feel that he needed to show that he was happy with it. He did not have the best teachers in this regard, his family was more likely to kick him for not getting it right the first time or figuring it out on his own as opposed to applauding him for his successes. Success was just an expectation, not some kind of thing to be awarded for. So, he just kept staring at the boy as he tried a few times until finally he got it right.

To Enyo that had taken too long, but he knew that other clans had far inferior expectations of their youth, which was why he was just staring without much light or excitement in his eyes.

"Well, I suppose that's all there is to it." He commented, snapping slightly in his tone. Not because the other had succeeded, but because he was growing restless.

"There is no real way to determine if you got it right or not unless you try it on flesh or in combat... But it looks fine." And that was all he said, that would be the closest Hisao would get from Enyo in terms of 'approval'.

aeron at thq
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Jan 23, 2024 16:52:37 GMT -5
Sourei Hisao
Sourei Hisao Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Sourei Hisao

Hisao stopped moving and his eyes snapped back to Enyo as he spoke. He thought it best to pay his respects now before he said something else to mess it up. Now that he’d technically learnt the technique there wasn’t anything keeping Enyo here.

"Thank you for helping me, Kuronmeru Enyo-san”

Hisao bowed his head towards the other boy, thanking him and mentally counting to three before standing straight again. Even if his barely existing ego had taken quite a bruising from today's teachings, he had learned something new and more importantly, something useful. It probably wasn’t a good idea to rush off and show his brother Kobashi before he’d truly mastered it, and even then Hisao would need to figure out if he was going to tell Kobashi where and from whom he’d learnt it in the first place.

He’d need to find some way to thank Enyo too.. He didn’t know what the other boy liked so it couldn't be too personal and preferably it would be something that left no lasting proof.. Maybe a treat of some kind?

"If I may ask, have you tried using it on someone before? How- how do you know it works before you might truly need it?”

He pressed, his eyes searching Enyo’s. He imagined what the other boy might say but didn’t want to think such terrible thoughts. Not even the Kuronmeru would have a kid hurt himself just to practise a healing technique afterwards, right? There had to be some other way, surely. Maybe he’d had a chance to practise it with a teacher at the hospital?

tag: lir words: 1173 template by eliza @ tb & thq

Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Feb 5, 2024 12:19:50 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Enyo smirked a little to himself to see the other bow. It was almost a natural reaction, it felt good to be regarded like this. He never bowed to anyone but his father in truth, and on rare occasion when his brothers tried to make him - and being that they were higher rank it often worked. But that aside he never bowed but it felt very good to be bowed to. It stroked his ego, something about it made him light headed and his fingertips tingle.

"I have, on my sensei and my brothers." Not in the medical sense either, he had tried it in a real combat situation. Even if it was more simulated than anything else. But Hisao didn't have to know that.

"It's hard to tell if it works until you try it. But you can try it on a corpse, you work at the hospital, don't you?" Well there was no other reason to be hanging around the building anyway if he did not unless he was hurt... But then why was he out back?

Enyo had a feeling there were plenty of dead people or passed out people in the hospital, plenty of opportunity to try it out. Even if it was morally wrong.

"Or maybe you try it on yourself..." But Enyo knew well enough that trying it on yourself was often something that only the Kuronmeru could afford, maiming oneself and fixing oneself came easily and naturally.

aeron at thq