Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Nov 22, 2023 17:11:58 GMT -5
Sourei Hisao
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Sourei Hisao Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday 09-21-1009 rank Genin occupation Medical Corp. member

Sourei Hisao
" Just surviving in life isn’t the same as living "

Hisao threw himself backward and flat onto his back, with no concern for grace or decency which he had been taught to always uphold. He had believed himself to be somewhat alone at this moment, not to mention undeniably frustrated at the scroll in his hand. His legs were somehow still folded and his arms clasped over his chest, books, pens, and scrolls surrounding him in the otherwise short-cut grass plane. He'd sat there, in a somewhat isolated patch of grass near the hospital’s backgates for hours combing over books and scrolls and he'd finally hit a snag. He just didn't get it. He felt as if he’d done as instructed yet his chakra just didn’t flow right, it hadn’t felt right and the words themselves were no help. He let out a groan of frustration and let a hand run over his forehead, pushing his bangs away and pulling at it slightly, hoping to relieve some of the tension that had built up behind his eyes.

The weather was fine. There were a few clouds out, blocking the worst of the sun but next to no wind. If one were to go near the town center and entertainment district, he was sure there would be more people chatting, shopping, and lolling about. He’d worn his usual off-white garb and while he had been masked most of the time he’d walked here and sat studying, he had been unmasked for almost an hour now as he’d gone between drinking something from an amber bottle and reading and not bothering to mask up again.

He'd been here since early morning, needing to get out of the estate lest he go mad walking the same empty halls and rooms. In this moment of frustration, he almost regretted it. While the fresh air had been nice and the change of scenery even more so, the lack of thick walls separating him from the rest of the world had left him with a constant feeling of unease - a crawling anxiety beneath his skin.
He saw this as a form of exposure therapy. If he was to be in this world, he would need to get used to it all. He knew Kobashi's reputation alone would keep most from bothering him and this was just public enough that if he did yell, someone would undoubtedly have heard it.

He thought back on his last mission. He'd heard news of both genin teams by now. Whether it was because of competency or pure luck, his team had cleared their mission much quicker than the other group, while only being two people and Hisao thought back on his teammate. He was a strange kid, but undeniably competent.

Can't believe I'm thankful I got teamed up with someone with that kind of reputation... Although I suppose it didn't really matter in the end. Still.. Enyo Kuronmaru. Competent and foolish. Cute.

Hisao thought to himself. He doubted he'd have much reason to see the other boy again outside of any other missions they might get sent on and found he was somewhat saddened by that. Perhaps he had been more lonely than he'd let himself realize.

Pathetic, Hisao. Truly, mind-blowingly pathetic..

tag: lir words: 1173 template by eliza @ tb & thq

Leviathan has written 41 posts
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Nov 23, 2023 23:08:41 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
"My blood runs thicker than yours."
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 13, 1009 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1
blood as black as the ocean
Enyo had been training in the academy yard, the majority of days he spent in the Kuronmeru compound working on his craft, usually in front of his father, mother or showing his progress to his brothers if it was demanded. But today he had desired a change of pace, and scenery. So, he had left the compound behind and come to the training grounds. The majority of the morning was spent honing on his kenjutsu, which still needed a bit of work. His skill truly lied with his bloodline and with medicine, even if what he knew of the medical was primarily aggressive. He wasn't going into those arts because he wanted to help others, it was because he wanted to be certain that he was always able to help himself.

It was vital for the Kuronmeru to know medicine, fighting without it using their bloodline could be fatal in some cases. It was why they were all so knowledgeable in medicine, it also made them far more deadly in combat. But by most measures, Enyo was considered a fledgling in his clan at best and he was pushed hard to get better - often to his mental, emotional and physical detriment.

But, either way, it had been several hours of training and he was done with it now and was ready to return home. A sense of anxiety had coiled in his stomach about what his father might say for him being gone so long from the compound. That sense poised itself fiercely like a serpent, ready to strike out.

So, when he wandered up and towards the back gate of the hospital he noticed a familiar shape, a familiar boy. That stupid one from the mission that they had undertaken. He paused for a moment, considering whether he should approach or not, and ultimately decided that he wanted to. That ready to strike anxiety had sought out and found a target to practice on.

"Hey, ugly... What's with all the scrolls?"

aeron at thq
Han has written 333 posts
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Nov 27, 2023 18:27:45 GMT -5
Sourei Hisao
Sourei Hisao Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Sourei Hisao

Before Hisao could open his mouth and respond, he had heard his brother's voice in his head, reminding him to behave - his very life could depend on it. Hisao took a breath and released it, letting out the moment of annoyance with it and instead greeting the other boy, letting only a bit of surprise seep through his tone.

"Ah. Kuronmeru Enyo-san. Hello”

Hisao slowly sat up, leaning back on one hand and briefly inspected Enyo with his eyes for any injuries or obvious reason for him to be at the hospital. When he saw none, he looked back up at him and realised then, he had been asked a question. Hisao looked back down at the half-unrolled scroll in his hands and tried to roll it back up quickly.

"Ah. They’re.. For studying… Medical jutsu specifically..”

He cringed internally at his own awkwardness and looked over the scrolls and notes surrounding him. He may or may not have gone a little overboard and instead of focusing on one or two, he’d found as many scrolls and notes as he could get his hands on and tried to rush through all of them at once. Not his brightest idea, he realised with a sigh.

"I might have inadvertently rushed to find as many techniques to learn as possible, but find myself stumped now that I stand to choose where to start..”

Now that I might choose more freely I foolishly rushed in only to learn next to nothing in the end. Not only pathetic, stupid too. Wonderful.. Ani ue will be ever so proud I am running around like a headless chicken..

He thought, a little spitefully and ironically. Hisao realised he had been about to continue mentally scolding himself and forced himself his eyes back to Enyo before he could drown in his own thoughts.

Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Nov 29, 2023 12:15:59 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
The fact that the boy did not immediately respond to his call-out was surprising, but it was pleasant. Enyo preferred it when people rolled over for him even when he called them names or spoke crudely to them. It made him want to tone things down a little bit, almost naturally, as if he were praising the one that took his beatings, verbal as they might be.

"All of that just to fail to start at anything. You won't learn a thing in that manner." He chided quite aggressively with a hand on his hip as he inspected all of the scrolls. There were so many, how was he going to get anything done? Not that Enyo particularly cared, it was more amusing to see such a failure in front of him. The Kuronmeru were well known for their medical prowess, and Enyo was not any different in this particular endeavor. He had been forced down that path and he had modified it to make sure it suited him and the way he fought.

"Do you know the most integral technique, the chakra scalpel?" This was likely the number one choice for many medics as it required a great deal of finesse and chakra control to utilize. But it was an extremely powerful tool when done right.

aeron at thq
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Nov 29, 2023 19:21:52 GMT -5
Sourei Hisao
Sourei Hisao Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Sourei Hisao

And you would- Wait. He would!

Even someone as sheltered as Hisao knew the Kuronmeru are talented in the medical field. Hisao saw an opportunity when one presented itself and picked up his notebook, looking back at Enyo.
Hisao had, in his own opinion at least, fairly decent control of his chakra. It’s using it outside of his own body that was the problem. He’d read about the technique before but had originally focused his studies more so on healing scrapes and bruises, leaving the surgical aspect for later. He had reasons for this, of course, his bloodline meant his bones were stronger than most, not that that was ever planned to be public knowledge. As surprised as he was, however, it seemed like this moment might be the time to learn. He had eased his expression somewhat with a barely there, almost friendly smile.

"I’ve heard of it and seen it performed once but never tried it. I assume you have? That’s very impressive. Truthfully, I find it a little difficult, but that ends up being another reason why I like it.. Do you like it? Medical jutsu that is”

Hisao responded truthfully. He tried to explain himself, feeling very caught off guard but this entire conversation even taking place and so it had been impossible to hide the tint of genuine curiosity in his voice. Did Enyo actually WANT to be good at medical jutsu or did he just follow in the Kuronmeru family's footsteps? It still surprised Hisao that someone with such an apparent dislike for other people would want to be good at healing and helping others. Perhaps it really was for selfish reasons - not completely unlike Hisao.

Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Nov 30, 2023 15:19:27 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"I have, as I said - it is integral." And this Enyo believed quite fervently, it would take a cataclysmic event to change the Kuronmeru teenagers mind on the topic too. He stared quietly towards Hisao for a moment still a hint of contempt or disgust in his eyes that was plainly visible along the handsome streaks of his face. It was likely worse that he knew he was handsome on top of it all of this, Enyo did not waste time thinking that he was anything but. He was of noble, good breeding and indeed the genetics were clear as a sunny day - he was beautiful.

Not that this had anything to do with medical ninjutsu as Hisao inquired about whether he actually liked the art. In truth Enyo did not love it by any stretch of the imagination, it was almost a requirement that he know how to heal himself in battle for how bloody - literally - his kekkei genkai was. But certainly he had no aspirations to help others or to touch dirty peasants in hospitals. That was not on the table.

"It's quite alright," He chose a lukewarm response, not one that affirmed his dislike of it, nor love of it. "Powerful when done right, everyone understands a medical shinobi. But I know where to hit to kill." That is where his eyes lightened, with brilliant delight at the idea and he even chuckled a charismatic smile pulling onto his features quickly.

aeron at thq
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Dec 1, 2023 19:12:30 GMT -5
Sourei Hisao
Sourei Hisao Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Sourei Hisao

Hisao hadn’t needed to deal with the Kuronmeru clan much before - Enyo likely being his first face-to-face meeting with one. Even then, he knew of them. How important they felt they were and how far they’d go to prove it. If Hisao had more to do with the rest of the Sourei clan he might have felt differently or acted differently, but really it cost him nothing in his own eyes to let Enyo act as he wished and so he only responded to him in a toned down but still positive manner. He let his eyes wander for a moment, only snapping back at the end.

Hit to kill. Understood. Not terribly surprising, but his commitment is commendable.

Hisao thought, responding with a nod and hum. He caught the look in Enyo’s eyes and felt a tinge of anxiety rise within.
The quiet dragged on for longer than Hisao was comfortable with, even if it might in reality would only have been a few seconds and he felt words come forth, somewhat awkwardly.

"Ah. Well. Yes, you’re quite right there. Having some basic medical knowledge would likely help any fighter.. Aim better. Main arteries and such..”

The more he spoke, the less awkward it got and the more he sounded both curious and like he was talking to himself, thinking aloud.

"Especially a technique like the chakra-scalpel. As far as I understand it’s not something you would usually use during combat, exactly because it requires precision but if your intention was to harm rather than heal that might work in your favour. Although there are likely easier techniques to use if you simply wish to hurt your opponent. I-. Hm. Say, Enyo-San, if this technique is as integral as you say, I should take your advice and work on that first. Although, this would be in the intent of helping others and not. Well. Killing..”

He had then looked briefly down at his book and then back up at the other boy, eyes a little hardened and his expression more determined and serious - focused.

"I will be honest, I’m not sure why you’re talking to me but seeing as this day is already full of surprises, perhaps another might be feasible. Would you teach me how to use the chakra-scalpel technique? That is, if you think you could. I’m rather fired up now and would prefer to do it now, but I could go find someone else if you’re.. busy.”

He asked, clearly using the word busy instead of something like "unwilling”.

Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Dec 6, 2023 14:08:05 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"It does require precision, but doesn't mean it is unusable in combat." It was just more erratic that way, which by all means could mean it was more dangerous. Enyo definitely enjoyed using it when the moment called for it, but he felt it was unnecessary the majority of the time. He preferred to utilize his clans blood techniques instead in a few different variations.

"I'm bored." Enyo responded plainly, judging every little movement and expression that Hisao had. Stupid kid. Didn't he realize he was wasting his time by taking all those moments to him and haw about nothing? It almost made Enyo look at him with disgust, but he refrained if only for a drop of a moment.

Then he finally came out and asked him about learning the chakra scalpel, it made Enyo roll his eyes, he was not one to usually hide his feelings in these moments... Unless he wanted something, then he was a master manipulator. In a way that unnerved some people, including his previous academy instructors - one of which was now his sensei, hilariously enough. But it made things a little less fun since she knew his tactics a little too well.

"You think you could learn? Do you have the control and determination? It is not as if I could teach it to you in a day, tsk, it is too advanced."

aeron at thq
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Dec 7, 2023 23:20:58 GMT -5
Sourei Hisao
Sourei Hisao Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Sourei Hisao

He really is unlikeable. I wonder if that's why he’s talking to me, he might not have anyone else who’s willing to put up with this.. Not sure why I am either..

Hisao had fought back a frown as he thought, his eyes briefly studying the other's face.

Hisao might not have a long family line of medical jutsu users but he had Kobashi - as a brother and as a teacher. Now Kobashi might not be a medical jutsu expert but he had taught Hisao about chakra control to the point where even Hisao had felt some pride in it. While he hadn’t always known what he was going to do with his life, he knew chakra control was a useful skill and so that’s where he’d originally focused much of his practice.

"Yes. I take it you do not have much regard or belief in me or my skills but I have a feeling I’m much more competent than you might have given me credit for and I don’t give up so easily. So unless you think it too difficult for you to teach, I believe we - I, can do it”

He said as he rose from the ground to stand before Enyo, while he brushed some stray grass from his legs.

Assuming Enyo wouldn’t have either hit him or left, Hisao would have continued on, a hint of challenge still in his voice.

"So - how would you like to start?”

Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Dec 8, 2023 13:12:07 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"Nothing is too difficult for me," Enyo responded. Which was not really true. There were plenty of things that were difficult for him. But he never showed it, and never spoke of it. His family knew what he struggled with, but those elements were not otherwise shared with the outside world. It was not a good thing to show weakness not in his clan and especially not to those that would be considered weaker than everyone in his class. Like this boy, he would never know Enyo's facade had cracks in it that it was capable of shattering.

"Well first you must clear your mind of all thoughts, and then focus in on your chakra. The goal is to create a very thin layer of chakra along your hand, like a blade. The problem in the technique is the thin layer and making it sharp enough to utilize." That was where the chakra control came in, and the reality of the chakra scalpel was just how hard it was to maintain at this exact wavelength along the hand.

It was easy to focus chakra to ones hands after all, but to be able to focus it in this exact amount consistently enough to not only produce the technique but also to utilize it? That was the difficult part.

aeron at thq
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Dec 9, 2023 19:43:05 GMT -5
Sourei Hisao
Sourei Hisao Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Sourei Hisao

Hisao doubted that but didn’t question it. Clearly, honour and perceived perfection were important for the other boy. Hisao didn’t personally prescribe to this philosophy. Still, he knew rank and propriety of families like his and seemingly even more so Enyo’s, were as important if not more than anything short of their life itself. Stupid really. He tucked the thoughts away for later.

Hisao took in Enyo’s words and gave a simple nod of understanding. He’d spoken enough already. He took a deep breath and focused on his hands. Channelling his chakra there was easy enough, a familiar deep thrum within his bones moving from within his chest, down his arms and out to the surface of the skin on his palms. This part he was intimately familiar with, for as long as it stayed within his bones. Moving the chakra out of his body and giving it a form was the more complicated and thus worrisome part as it wasn’t something he had ever really had to do before. He knew how to summon mist but this was entirely different. He focused it more intently on his left palm, closing his eyes and furrowing his brows slightly, trying to clear his head and focus.

He felt a familiar pang of anxiety and irritation which had previously gone mostly unnoticed as that was Hisao’s usual state of mind when around anyone these days really and forced it out of his system with another breath. He sensed Enyo standing near him, watching him, but focused on mostly ignoring him, letting him exist quietly in his space.
He felt his chakra start to swirl beneath the skin of his palm and moved his fingers slightly, slowly, almost like he was running them through imaginary running water. He continued focusing but without a clear idea of what it was supposed to feel like, he felt stuck.

"I-. Could you describe how it's supposed to feel? This doesn't feel quite right..”

He asked, almost regretting it as his voice broke the quiet but needing guidance to keep him from doing something wrong or worse; exposing himself.

Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Dec 10, 2023 20:25:03 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
To Enyo it seemed simple, focusing chakra to the hands should be easy for someone who regularly focused and had good chakra control. So there was almost a sneer on the Kuronmeru's features when Hisao paused and looked towards Enyo confused and looking for an extra bit of assistance.

"It's like a hum on your palms, like you're holding energy in your fingers and palms but it spreads out like paste over the entirety of your hands." There was a pause and Enyo cleared his throat briefly as if to try and make himself seem more upright, more important.

"There *are* hand seals associated with this technique, but the hand seals I feel are not required for you to first understand the feeling. For the technique itself, yes, we will get to them in a moment. Once you have summoned a thin layer of chakra to your hands and I can see it. Then I will teach you the proper succession of hand seals." That was all Enyo had to say for now, and he folded his arms delicately placed into the large sleeves he wore for his hanten and surveyed Hisao with a hint of heavy judgment. Almost as if he were parroting someone he knew that did this very thing to him.

aeron at thq
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Dec 10, 2023 21:49:55 GMT -5
Sourei Hisao
Sourei Hisao Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Sourei Hisao

Watching Enyo shift in character a little reminded him of his own brother in a weird way. He wouldn’t often have been graced by Kobashi’s teachings but when they did happen, they too had an unusual neutral judgement to it. He tried not to think about it too much, instead focusing on the words said and not the way in which they were said.

"I see.. Apologies, I am.. unaccustomed to being watched like this.. Let me try again”

He said, feeling a mix of embarrassment and relief. He could usually summon his chakra just fine, but both being in public and until then, not really understanding what or why he was doing what he was doing, had him at a disadvantage. Still, after a moment or two longer, Hisao would have summoned chakra to his hands, first to his left and after a moment his right one too. At first is was too much, swirling more aggressively than intended and it wasn’t until Hisao had closed his eyes and focused on blocking out the stimuli of his surroundings and quieting the worrying voice in his head, that the chakra would have settled and left a thin, consistent layer on both of his palms. He let it linger for a moment before taking a quiet breath and opening his eyes, watching his hands to make sure everything was correct before speaking up again, twisting his hands a little to give Enyo a better view, should he wish to inspect them.

"There. Acceptable?”

Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Dec 11, 2023 23:40:06 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
To Enyo it was an almost foreign concept that he practice anything in private. There were always eyes on him, eyes prying into every part of his life to an extent that infuriated him. Yet he could never express his anger, he just laid it out against poor souls that came across his path on any given day - such as Hisao.

It was no wonder, in his mind then, that Hisao was not very well versed in not only the medical but general experience. He had been not particularly useful on their mission together after all... Perhaps he could use being watched as a motivator of sorts. Enyo's nose crinkled up at the bridge, thinking in disgust that he was actually doing this boy a favor. The very idea was rubbing him the wrong way.

He should be focusing on his own progression, not the progression of some peasant.

Enyo continued to wait patiently, or impatiently while the other genin got the chakra to come to his hands. He didn't inspect he could tell it was there from this distance and let out an exasperated sigh.

"Finally! It's as if you've never done any chakra work before," He berated shaking his head before pulling up his hands. "Now watch my hands carefully, these are the hand seals."

Tiger. Horse. Rabbit. Rat. Dog.

"Practice the sequence."

aeron at thq
Unexpected tutoring [Training - Enyo]Dec 13, 2023 17:20:46 GMT -5
Sourei Hisao
Sourei Hisao Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Sourei Hisao

Hisao refrained from rolling his eyes at the other boy's show of annoyance. He thought it best to not intentionally try and test just how far Enyo’s patience went if he wanted his help. He figured Enyo’s pride wouldn’t let him give up halfway through a lesson, but even then.. He would have watched Enyo’s hands carefully, trying to memorise the sequence of hands from only one show, mouthing the words at first repetition with no sound.

Right. Tiger, horse, rabbit, rat and dog. Tiger, horse, ra-

He’d mentally continue the mantra, matching his hands to the sigils. It was a little slow at first admittedly, but dreadfully boring repetitions were almost Hisao’s specialty now. Remembering and then reciting texts like historical events and ingredient lists of herbal medicine had worked as both homework and entertainment for years before he’d ever learned how to summon his chakra reliably.

After a few repetitions, he dared a glance at Enyo, trying to judge the other boy's mood. He’d never done this before. He was only really used to Kobashi’s teaching and even those were barely that - oftentimes it would have seemed to him that those "lessons” worked mostly as his brother's excuse to lecture him about life. However, the way he was shown or told something once and then asked to repeat it? That he could do, and so he did. Hisao repeated the sequence a few more times, picking up speed. When he felt more confident he looked back up at Enyo. It would have been hard to fully neutralise his expression, as he had not wanted to speak up and risk further angering the other boy.