Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Celebration of Spirit

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Tasks and certain traditions were based on the foundations of established customs within Kaze no Kuni. Since Arashi had been able to fully understand this, she had taken it upon herself to at the very do a pilgrimage of sorts. It wasn't by any means required, especially in circumstances demanding her to be elsewhere, but Arashi had also given her word to the elders of the Aiel Clan that she would do her best to try and work upon her connection with Shukaku and consider his needs as much as her own.

As such, she would go from village to village, collecting offerings that were left to the Spirit of the Desert. These gifts came the form of many things. Food, precious belongings, flowers, even art and music.

These traditions usually lasted hours and each time she would find herself with more and more to carry home. So eventually, she managed to work it out so that she'd appear within each village and town for a certain amount of time and then move to the next, making it a day of travel.

Her father had never objected against it, mostly due to the fact that it was indeed a duty and a responsibility that she had as the One Tails. To some, she was the vessel of a God, and thus, she was to be that representation to those that believed in it.

Personally, Arashi never liked the idea of being seen as a Vessel or Goddess. Yet, it was something that tended to stick after time.

Even as sat, listening to a young boy play, she'd find herself questioning just what the hell she was doing? Still, she'd smile, bow her head, and acknowledge the gift as the boy would then move to the side as his family thanked her and asked for her blessing.

Seriously...what do you get outta this?

As she watched the next person appear in front of her, her thoughts would lead toward Shukaku, the beast lumbering within her as he spoke.

"Who doesn't want to hear how great they are?"

I mean seriously? These people actually think your a god...

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,691 posts
Celebration of Spirit[Open]Nov 29, 2023 13:39:33 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Celebration of Spirit

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"By your human standards I am..."

There was a silence that lingered as Arashi had never taken the idea of gods and deities seriously. In fact, she wouldn't even consider herself to be religious in any sort of way. She would say a prayer to the ancestors, mostly out of respect for those that had passed on. It was just simply what felt like the right thing to do when someone died. Aside from that, the only time she had ever considered the possibility of there being such a thing was in respect to the opposite.

Demons and monsters....

We both know that living with ya isn't divine in the least...

"Think about it...Your history in terms of the creation of the desert, to the foundations that built Sunagakure are related to the concept of belief in something. Hell, the desert people themselves have techniques for survival credited to my will..."

As her eyes shifted to the side, she'd note a woman working hard upon what looked to be a basket, filled with desert flowers and an assortment of colored ribbons.

"This is because to them...I am the one who blessed them and judge them according to a higher order...my will is what makes Kaze no Kuni...and what makes it strong..."

But ya don't do anything....in fact...last I checked...you're technically a prisoner...

"Don't remind me...in any case...people see me as a God because I am tied to their very lives in one way or another...and I'm immortal..."

So? Technically anyone could be immortal...appparently...

"Without consequence? I doubt it....remember that boy you fancied?"

Thinking of Akira, he did present a case of someone who had managed to live more than once. In fact...in getting a letter that was clearly from him, it proved that perhaps he had managed to do it again. Which begged the question of if he was immortal? If so...how did he become immortal?

Totally different....sides...people don't just fade away when they die....whatever that religious group did to him, it came with a heavy cost...

"Hence my point...immortality for me and those like me...are complete...though I do admit that the method in which he passed interests me..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Nov 29, 2023 13:44:09 GMT -5
Celebration of Spirit[Open]Dec 2, 2023 23:02:26 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Celebration of Spirit

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Jihi...

In fairness, her research into the religion had come about with Akira, and his uncanny revival as it were. It seemed odd that such a wide-spread belief would go almost modestly unnoticed. Yet, she did find a few sects here and there, they were more secretive about their order than most. Still, perhaps the major points to remember was their ability to somehow give new life to someone who was dead. Though clearly, there had been rules to this.

One in which had a price if not followed...

What do ya know about that?

Nothing....though I do not doubt that existence of other beings in the universe that are capable of such things...almost makes you question your own status hmm?

Rolling her eyes, Arashi would realize that she had done so openly, seeing the expression of one woman as she stood before her. As she quickly rose up as to apologize, she'd see the female fall to her knees, begging at her feet.

"I did not mean to offend the vessel! Forgive me!!"

"Oh no no no...I wasn't..."

"Please accept my forgiveness and grant my family peace! We are nothing if not faithful!!"

As Arashi did her best to calm the woman down, she'd then kneel down as she helped the woman to her feet.
'
"You did nothing wrong...Please...continue...you were dancing right? That was your gift...I'd like to see the rest and so would the Spirit of the Desert..."

Actually I wasn't paying attention...

Ignoring Shukaku, Arashi would watch as the woman nodded and smiled, releasing her own breath of relief as she began to move once more. In placing herself back down, the Jounin would watch her as she spoke once more to her inner companion.

It's likely no more than a jutsu...a forbidden one...but a technique...nothing more...

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Dec 2, 2023 23:02:39 GMT -5
Celebration of Spirit[Open]Dec 3, 2023 22:19:44 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Celebration of Spirit

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

In her response, silence would follow, the young woman looking on as the other danced in front of her and being applauded for her gift. As time continued, Arashi would begin preparing to leave, this being her final stop for the day as she began collecting the ideas that had been gifted to the Desert Spirit. As she did, she'd see a small child wander up to her, handing her a small flower as she shyly looked away. With a smirk, the Jounin would kneel down and take the gift, nodding her head as the child grinned and ran off.

Watching her leave to meet with her mother, the voice of the demon would ascend once more into her thoughts.

Even with that, you still find nothing in my Godhood to believe?

Because it isn't real...

Taking on a more serious expression, her focus would return to sealing the items into a scroll, her hands glowing as she placed a symbol upon the parchment's surface, causing it to summon a bright light as the items faded within.

But to them...it means everything...

Calmly, Arashi would reach down to take up the scroll, looking towards the people that had gathered to see her depart, a smile on her face as she waved before summoning a cloud of dust. As she rose upon the platform, she'd soon take off into the desert.

Getting back to the other subject...

Immortality?

Yea....you said that yours in complete....meaning what?

For Tailed beast, we are reborn upon death...while I can recall the moments in which they happen, certain memories and individuals I have encountered in that time have the possibility of fading away...depending on their impact...

With a blank expression crossing her lips, the sand would brush against her face as she flew forward into the vast wasteland.

You can forget?

As I said...depending on the impact of events...I may not recall them....but if they were significant...I could ...such is the act of being reborn again...

But ya clearly remember certain things...like Bunpuki...and Sealing arts...even the First Kazekage...

You worry that I'll forget you?

Scoffing slightly, Arashi would then smirk before then shaking her head.

Just seems like rebirth is worse than dying...to forget certain things about your last life...

If it were meaningful, it would be something I'd remember....

Or ya just don't care...

I've lived for centuries girl...tell me...would you wish to remember every little detail of those moments? Much of which were in captivity?

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Celebration of Spirit[Open]Dec 10, 2023 14:32:00 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Celebration of Spirit

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

Arashi would consider what the beast had said, releasing that in a sense, she did know what that could be like. In fact, it was something that she could completely relate to. Years of her own life had been spent in a prison, where things...happened..that she wished she'd forget...

There were many times when she wanted to simply go into her own head and cherry pick the details out, though it was hardly in her best interests to play with memories. It was a challenge enough to deal with others, let alone her own.

Guess I wouldn't....still...I do...sorta...

As she slowed the pace of the sand cloud, landing upon the dimming landscape, she'd find a small oasis. It was relative enough that she try and not look so much like a deiity upon her return home, so a quick wash up wouldn't hurt. Her attire was a different story, but the markers on her face, easily the most difficult thing to miss.

Course ya know that...

Hmph...

In silence, the Jounin would approach the water, looking at her reflection for a moment as she knelt down.

I can still...see it...those moments....feeling so...used and...

Staring at herself, she'd then reach down slowly before cupping her hands into the liquid. As she drew her face down, she'd begin to scrub away at the make up and marks. Take away the dust and the grim that had built itself upon her face. While she could at the very least get the markers, dust never going to come off. Which honestly, the point really..

In drawing her face away, she'd shake her head as she released a breath.

"Anyway...long past...so I just don't think about it...until I do..."

Aloud, it sounded foolish to repress such an event. But in a way, it wasn't as if there was anyone who she'd be able to talk to about it. She tried that...more than anything else, it wasn't their burden to have such private information.

If she was lucky, maybe it would just die with her...

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Celebration of Spirit[Open]Dec 11, 2023 12:49:38 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Celebration of Spirit

TAG.

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Moment Music

Then I'm just....angry and...frustrated...

Splashing herself again with the water, she'd still feel the sensation of those moments, and her skin felt as if it crawling with ants. Little touches, much like fingertips all over her, the irritation and feeling of just being...frozen and unable to escape. Yet still, the gaps in her memory were there and they presented that image of flashes and faces and darkness. When she tried to recall it, it was as if there were a block that prevented her from a complete recollection of those events, but she knew they were there. Everything...

Hmph...but you'd forget them if you could...even if it meant that you'd never know just what they did...

As she sat herself down by the water's edge, her expression would remain calm before then seeing her reflection once more, the rippling of the water making it appear as if there was no more than a blurred painting. Releasing a breath, the young woman would then lean back on her hands, staring upward before then shaking her head.

I don't know....not that it matters now...closure wasn't exactly somethin I'd ever get...their all dead now...

In thinking on closure, Arashi would see Akira beside her, her expression blank before then narrowing her gaze.

"I don't think I ever really even told him how I..."

It was strange to realize that there were matters inside her that she'd never get a definitive answer to. It was mystery none the less, one that she wanted resolution, but wouldn't get in the end. Of course, how many found themselves in similar situations?

I was...a victim...and then I made someone else a victim too...maybe if I hadn't done that he would have...

Doubtful....

The interjection was enough to pull Arashi back to reality, leading to the beast speaking.

If you blame yourself for the actions of others, you'll find the list of mistakes to be endless...the boy made his choices...and I doubt that any of them were connected to that night...

In silence, Arashi would then close her eyes.

If that were true, then all that remained was her. Did the actions on her reflect who she was?

Thinking on the words her father had spoken to her, on how he felt that he failed her and so many others, did she agree? No....of course not. But in regards to what he was feeling, did it matter much what she thought?

For years she blamed him for everything...but her choices...much like those of Akira, had been of her own will. She'd been called a failure by so many people, even the daughter of the man who wronged her. Still she never felt like one...not openly.

Where you are now should be proof enough...

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS