Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 18, 2023 12:03:39 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world

There had been some discussion between Toru and the members of the council, as well as his own bodyguards on what he should consider in terms of his next training endeavors. His training was no longer his own, and he consulted regularly with others to insure that what he was doing was beneficial not only to himself but also to the nation. There were certain limits of what he could or could not do, as well, from his own substantial chakra pool paired with multiple other factors that were taken into consideration.

Ultimately it was decided that Toru was well suited for jamming out chakra sensors. It would create a bubble around him that could make his safety made certain for those who were looking for him. It would make battle in obscured environments more interesting and finally it would help to hide allies in the mist against sensors who would try to see through with their abilities.

There were multiple benefits either way and Toru had been relieved of his paperwork for the day - by his assistant - so that he could go start figuring out the first steps. He knew the concept - pushing out his chakra in a blanket. But he had so much of it and he was not familiar with the feeling in such a wide area, so he would have to figure it out.

Thus, he wandered from the tower towards the training ground and sat himself down at the base of a tree, he didn't have any weapons on him today just his body.

The Mizukage's eyes were closed and he was breathing deep, moving throughout his mind occasionally passing by Isobu who was most certainly confused at the boy's intrusion and otherwise disregard for him. Usually when Toru came this far back into his own mind, it was to borrow chakra not to ignore the beast.

Han has written 2,374 posts
Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 19, 2023 10:11:41 GMT -5
masshiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 16th of December rank S. Jounin occupation Operations Team
    Since his last meeting with the Mizukage he had gone on multiple missions, suffered more than a few injuries, and even gained a few new scars. What he unfortunately hadn't managed was to get any closer to figuring out Toru's sword techniques, but in truth he had put less effort into it than intended. As he was usually doing this time of day, he was watching others train, offering a bit of help when needed, but mostly taking notes. After a bit he noticed the area was near empty as he had left and returned, feeling only one specific chakra source, and a familiar one at that.

Toru's chakra felt familiar but off, but he didn't think much of it, mostly curious why he could feel that specific chakra but heard and saw nothing as he got closer. Standing on the opposite side of the tree Toru was leaned against, he narrowed his eyes as the training grounds themselves were empty, but as he walked around he saw Toru sitting there, either deep in thought or very much so asleep.

There was no attempt to hide himself or his presence as he got closer, simply standing there now, Uemori slung over his shoulder, and staring down at the Mizukage. Finally clearing his throat to try and get his attention, he looked down tilting his head.

"Strange place to nap."

Sprinkles has written 142 posts
Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 19, 2023 11:44:27 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru could smell people, even if he was not focused on it there were familiar and unfamiliar scents that filtered through him and most of the time he didn't really pay any mind. Foul scents was usually what got to him, and this was not one of those situations, the outside provided a nice reprieve from foul odors in this manner... So when Masshiro approached he was passively aware of the approach, but choosing to ignore because he was focusing on something else.

Until Masshiro spoke to him, and Toru's eyes fluttered open pale lashes peeling up so that he could look towards the shinobi that had caused a bit of a fuss the last time the two of them had interacted.

"Not napping, training." He responded plainly, pulling his shoulders his back to stretch the muscles there slightly.

"Working on pushing my chakra out in a blanket over the field. I'm unfamiliar with the feeling however so it is more challenging than I had initially expected it to be."

It had indeed been a little more difficult than he had wanted it to be. But this was usually very much the case in these situations, more often than not he struggled to start before getting it and beginning to really fine tune the process effectively.

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 20, 2023 11:24:53 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 16th of December rank S. Jounin occupation Operations Team
"I told my academy instructors that a few times when I snuck off to nap."

Still staring down with that curious look, it certainly looked like a nap, complete with stretching and all. It seemed he was wrong however, or at least if Toru was to be believed, but it certainly felt like a unique place and way to go about it. Toru's way of things and his own were certainly different however, their last time spent together a stark reminder of just that.

"So, you are in fact training. Interesting. So you are trying to sense chakra or doing something more specific? Unlike our last meeting, this is something I'm quite familiar with."

Dropping down in front of Toru, he crossed his legs and set his weapon down next to him, looking across at the young shinobi, immediately going through the list of things he had been told when he was first training his chakra sensing abilities, and how utterly useless most of them were. It was in part his innate abilities involving his clan that had finally made things click both with sensing and with genjutsu, but how much of that would translate to being helpful.

"I've gotten rather good, better than most of my other skills in fact, at sensing chakra, even without my Jaakugan."

Leaning in, he narrowed his eyes and tilted his head from one side, then the other.

"Trying to sense one thing in one location is easy, like sensing me right in front of you. Trying to sense an entire open area is actually harder than you'd think. Then there's trying to sense just one thing out of many things. And so on and so on."

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 20, 2023 15:33:03 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru shook his head, there was a slight misunderstanding about what he had said. It was not that he was trying to do sensory but rather to block it out. Thus why he was pushing out his plethora of chakra out onto the field. Though, he had little to no experience as to how sensory actually worked so perhaps the sensation was similar? There was truly no way that Toru would be able to actually perform sensory which was why it was important he knew how to counter it. His chakra signature was a large ocean, it was difficult to miss for those who were attuned to their surroundings in the way that Masshiro was. Which was why he needed to know how to jam everything out at a certain radius.

"It is not sensory I am trying to master, but rather the counter to it... Perhaps you can help, you seem well-versed from what you have said?"

He had seen Masshiro's paperwork as well, sensory was among his strong suits. So perhaps it was slightly serendipitous that they would meet today when Toru was trying to learn how to counter a sensor and a sensor just so happened to walk up on him?

The teenager did not stand he just continued to sit there.

"I will push chakra out to try and cover my signature, and you can try to tell me if I am on the right track?"

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 21, 2023 10:13:27 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
    Tapping stereotypically at his chin, his nodded, then scratching under his nose with a thoughtful look. Something he had certainly been curious of himself as he considered himself a sensory shinobi, but knowing how that was countered was no doubt a boon to better sensory abilities.

"That is certainly something different entirely. Well, I can help from the aspect of sensing, and I admit to a degree I'm able to block out some methods of sensing visually speaking, so that might overlap."

His Jaakugan could certainly cause issues for others trying to sense in specific ways, but that was more a matter of causing confusion than outright blocking or erasing a signature in most cases. Was likely better to leave that part of the lesson out unless Toru had some unique doujutsu he was unaware of.

"Alright."

The way Toru was pushing out his chakra was in fact doing just that, pushing his chakra out, expelling what was clearly a full and deep well of chakra. It permeated his senses even without actively trying to read it, and while he initially thought to stop and wave this off, he had thought about one of the few shinobi he met with an ability to mask his chakra signature. 

"I think the idea is sound, but it feels like you've more spread your chakra thin if I was to describe the feeling, but given your naturally strong chakra, you are still like a bright burning light in the center of a very thin veil. Pinpointing you wouldn't be difficult."

Scratching at his face again, he sighed and thought for a long moment, starring up as he formed his thoughts.

"My opinion here is, you need to let go a bit more. This is going to sound strange given our prior training session, but, you are controlling your chakra too much."

Placing a hand to his own chest, then pointing to Toru, he gave him a bit of a grin, trying not to laugh.

"For all that I was having trouble focusing before, I do have surprisingly good chakra control, but my reserves are clearly nothing compared to yours. I've looked at your chakra both from the point of the Jaakugan and from trying to sense it being near you, and it's impressive, but what you lack is the same level of control over it naturally. Given that large amount of chakra, you'll likely have to try harder to push out a lot of chakra to mask your signature if I was to guess, based on what you are attempting to do."

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 21, 2023 17:14:40 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru would have raised an eyebrow, had he been the kind to do so. But he had never been told that he 'controlled his chakra' TOO much. Usually it was the opposite. His large pool of chakra made it so that his control was not the greatest. Of course, he was still more than capable of pulling of techniques, many techniques, so he had enough control to do that much... But to say that he was conservative?

It definitely sounded strange, Masshiro was correct in his assumption there.

Toru considered what Masshiro was saying though, it made sense that someone with a large amount of chakra would need to push out a larger amount to make sure that the signature that was so bright, was covered up. He sat there for a moment in consideration of what Masshiro had shared.

It was honestly quite difficult to do what he was doing, especially since he had no idea what it really felt like at the base level. He also had no idea what it felt like to sense someone out in the way Masshiro was describing. It was a delicate balance he was discovering between doing enough without knowing what he was doing and just... Failing.

"I'll give it a try, let me know what you feel."

Perhaps it was kind of like using his nose actively for scent tracking... Maybe not.

Either way Toru focused, closing his eyes again as a peaceful expression came over him and he focused hard. This time he cultivated and started to push a wave of chakra out of himself, more than before.

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 22, 2023 10:04:32 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
    The facial expressions were subtle, but he could see from the eye movements, the subtle tightening of the forehead, clearly what he was saying did in fact sound strange to Toru. What he was thankful for was that it made enough sense to attempt, or so he hoped, as he looked to be trying once more, or trying something at least. This was certainly new trying to explain let alone teach chakra sensing let along the opposite, as it was simply something he could feel, and feelings are hard to convey compared to actions.

Watching intently at Toru's attempt, doing whatever exact it was he was trying, he started to focus a bit more letting his senses travel outward more. Targeting Toru's energy specifically was easy enough given the proximity to him, but again the sheer amount of chakra reserves made it almost overwhelming sitting this close to him. For a long moment both of them were silent, but after a minutes or so Masshiro suddenly stood up and walked a few feet further away, turning to watch with crossed arms. 

"Keep going."

His eyes began to shift to a deeper color of red as he activated the Jaakugan, trying to get a better read on not just the feel, but the look of exactly what it was Toru was actively doing. He couldn't think of a proper analogy to try and get the point across he wanted to make, so the best he could think was to try and be blunt about it.

"What you are doing now is pushing the chakra out, I can see clearly that it's moving away from you, but try and let go more, let the chakra escape. I'm not certain the best technique for doing that, however.""

Rubbing the back of his head, he backed up a bit further, looking around at how far out the chakra traveled. how it looked more like a wave of energy, and strangely it almost seemed to point right to Toru because of it. It clicked in his head to a degree as he tried explaining further.

"If you are focusing on trying to force your chakra out, it's going to become distorted with that much of it, likely giving away your position. It's almost like dropping a rock into water, it ripples from the source, that source being you." 
Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 22, 2023 13:56:49 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Masshiro spoke, Toru listened. But putting it into practice was a bit difficult. He had never really *done* something like this. It was a very particular skill that he had never really dwelled on before. He and Isobu had let out blasts of chakra before, but this was not the same thing. A blast of chakra was not a sustained blanket of chakra that covered everything in the area and made certain that he was invisible alongside everyone and everything else in the area. That is what made this more difficult.

How did he make this a sustained blanket without doing what he was doing now, what Masshiro had said - a ripple effect, he was the stone dropping into a pool but in doing so he was causing things to be very obviously coming from him.

He kept trying though, enough that a sheen of sweat appeared over his forehead...

It took five minutes and when he felt no different he just took a full stop. Exhaling hard, his eyes opened and he looked directly at Masshiro. It was not that he was not being useful, it was more that Toru was not getting it right. It was a bit frustrating, but nothing time and practice couldn't fix.

It was just in the moment he needed to re-assemble himself, this was exhausting, but a very different kind from what he was used to.

"Striking a balance between letting go enough without being totally out of control. That's the issue, currently." And all things had to be in balance to work.

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 24, 2023 9:35:01 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
    This was simply hard to try and teach, especially for someone that was well aware how bad of a teacher they truly were. He knew this was something he was good at, he also knew it was something he had been good at perhaps before he ever picked up a weapon, used a single genjutsu, and likely before Toru was even born. It was one of the first things he learned to do and was any good at, even before his Jaakugan had ever manifested, but it had come so naturally that trying to get someone else to not only fully grasp it but counter it having never done it was awkward. 

Even as he sat here explaining, in his own way, how this worked, it felt foreign. It was almost like trying to explain to someone how to gain their sense of smell for the first time, then trying to explain how to mask it. Certainly it wasn't helping matters that he was unable to use any sort of proper counter-sensing in the way Toru was trying to learn, as he simply didn't have the deep well of chakra to pull it off in the way he understood it. 

"We are more alike than I realized."

Giving an exhaled laugh from his nose, he just stood there watching as Toru was clearly pushing things and then stopped as he did.

"You won't grasp this all at once, not that you have that expectation I would assume. Sensing came more naturally to me, but I was also a child, and truthfully I didn't even realize what it was I was training at the time. It's nothing like trying to learn a weapon technique, or a new jutsu."

The sound of the scratching at his chin was audible, as he was growing just enough stubble that he needed to shave. It no doubt looked off on his otherwise smooth skin and that baby face he sported, scars and all. It distracted him as he got caught up with it for a brief moment, before stopping and dropping his arm again.

"I'd agree with that, balance and all. I have never tried, not in earnest anyways, to learn what you are attempting, but I can say the act of sensing chakra is much like another sense. It's hearing, tastes, smelling, but sensing chakra. Imagine trying to learn how to hear from scratch, how exactly would you even go about that?"

Pointing at his ear as he narrowed his eyes.

"How would you stop someone from hearing you, you would deafen your sound, or in the case of what you are attempting, create a noise so loud as to drown out your own."

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 29, 2023 10:49:17 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Sensing to Toru was mildly different to the other 'senses' as Masshiro had stated. Particularly, he had a keen sense of smell. But that did not mean that he spread his chakra out, focusing it into a blanket of different directions. No, his nose that was on a very physical level, not a spiritual one... But how would someone attempt to block out his nose, or other people's noses? To plug them up, or force them to be plugged up with too many conflicting scents, or perhaps one large overwhelming scent?

The Mizukage pondered this, considering what Masshiro said. On a physical level this was not as difficult as a more spiritual, energetic one. Could he borrow the Sanbi's power to do this? Perhaps, but he felt it would have been overkill. Doing too much, this is what he risked if he was not careful.

Being exhausted of his chakra - as difficult as that was to do - was a risk even for someone like Toru.

The boy plucked some grass beneath himself, and watched the blades of green pressed against his fingers. There was not much he could say, he had never been much of a talker. Instead he considered all the possibilities and then with a small sigh looked towards Masshiro again, letting the grass fall from his hands.

"I will try again, a touch more recklessly."

And so, he closed his eyes and started to focus on that large pool of chakra again, allowing it to surge like a tsunami inside of himself.

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Dec 30, 2023 16:48:40 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
    If this was an instance of being outside of the village, not just in the case of combat, he likely would have been just as quiet as Toru was. As it stood, he was comfortable here, so it lead to far more talking. In missions for example. Masshiro barely spoke at all unless specifically needing to, and if he was in the midst of combat he outright refused to talk simply to keep that much more information out of the hands of those they were against. Given he was trying to help explain something, it meant he was going to talk, maybe more than he even intended to, expelling every thought he could to try and get a point across. 

Toru being as quiet as he was made this process somewhat difficult in honesty in contrast, as he simply didn't look to be that social at the best of times. He had little more to go on that his own senses to feel what Toru was doing, not having an idea of how much he was grasping what Masshiro was saying, or even he even agreed with any of it, making following up feeling like throwing dart and happening on landed.

"Never expected to hear you saying you'd be doing anything recklessly. I appreciate the sentiment. Now's the time to fail expertly."

Watching closely once more, he let his senses focus in on Toru and only Toru, trying to block out anyone in a radius close enough to sense. It wasn't too hard to do given the sheer amount of chakra Toru had, and the amount he was emitting. It made him curious if this could be used in some form itself, pushing out so much chakra to not only make it hard to track the person doing it, but jam up the signal and partially mask others as well.

"I can feel that already, better."

He could feel the amount of chakra inside of Toru building up, and truthfully that reserve made him jealous, knowing he'd never have such immense amounts.
Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 1, 2024 12:02:10 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru's brow furrowed if only for a moment, he was not one to give away much on his features and those that did not know him well were unlikely to know how to read what was going on inside of the boy. In this case though, Masshiro might understand that the brief furrow was simply an indication of Toru's total dedication and focus on pushing out his chakra. It continued to flow, and became less of an even thin layered stream and more like an overwhelming flow of chakra, like magma from beneath a bubbling earth. The more he pushed himself, the more chakra came.

Soon it was deep, and not particularly controlled. Toru recalled the days where he struggled so much as to climb up a tree, those days where the chakra flowed freely, where he had less control and less balance over his own body and spirit. This seemed to be like the perfect time to return to that school of thought. To let it go so grandly that he could drown out the entire world with the feeling. Make them feel as he had once felt, overwhelmed by a rush of chakra that would never stop leaking from him and his spirit.

Then he felt himself on the brink of a dangerous lack of control, and before he could step off of that cliff he pulled back. The chakra swell returning to him and he opened his eyes to look at Masshiro still there, and a sheen of sweat on his brow.

"Too much."

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 2, 2024 20:21:13 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
    Every bit of Toru's energy was wavering, as if he was fighting somewhere between losing control and focusing hard. It was certainly an improvement every step, but it was just as equally becoming less focused in a way that might be helpful in truth. He sat quietly trying to let him focus, letting him figure this out or fail without his constant nagging or explaining for just a few more minutes. There was certainly a large amount of chakra pouring out of him, that was for sure, and again it made him wonder if this could be used for other applications. In a similar fashion to his beacon ability that could be felt by or read by other Yamaguchi, this could no doubt be a beacon in a sense for those who were familiar with his energy.

The longer it went the more he could feel the chakra wavering again, perhaps even more so than before, as he moved closer raising his brow. 

"You're doing good."

Moving closer he put his hand on Toru's shoulder, giving him a single nod before he backed up again, tilting his head as if he was thinking, but never took his eyes off of the boy in front of him.

"I want you to try something, something simple; Use one of your techniques, whichever it may be, that requires you to focus your chakra, to control it, something that almost comes natural to you. Preferably not something that's going to blow me up, but something to regain your focus. Once you feel you've regained your focus and have a good grasp on that feeling, that control, take a deep breath and try this again."

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 2, 2024 23:45:28 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru opened his eyes after a moment when he was spoken to again after a vast silence between the two of them. Toru trying to figure things out and to see if Masshiro would tell him anything, to stop or to proceed differently. He had taken it as a good sign that Masshiro had said nothing, perhaps he was getting closer to the feeling.

But the hand on his shoulder made him pause and open his eyes. He stared quietly at the other for a moment before nodding. He was not certain of the method behind his suggestion but he wasn't going to challenge it. This was not yet his domain of expertise, and it might never be.

There was a reason he had an entire shinobi council, to help guide him as a leader in all areas of shinobihood. It was the same with the war council.

He did not know any techniques that required a great deal of chakra control. But some more than others still, so he thought about it. Trying to decipher which was the best to do for this moment as he slowly stood and stretched his muscles out.

Toru moved towards a spot away from Masshiro just so he had plenty of space to perform a technique. Perhaps the water whip technique, he would usually use a weapon but he didn't have any on him today. So, he performed three hand seals and focused. A whip of water forming in his hand.

Then and only then did Toru take a deep breath again and start focusing again on expelling his chakra.