Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]

compose a reply
Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 5, 2024 1:26:21 GMT -5
masshiro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 16th of December rank S. Jounin occupation Operations Team
"It's easy to get lost in the feeling of that much chakra releasing. You've regained a semblance of control once more, so let's try again."

Taking a few steps further back he crossed his arms and watched, curious to see what Toru considered comfort. His eyes followed as he got back to his feet, eyes narrowing out of habit from focusing. Giving a heavy nod, he lifted his head up to the sky as he took in a deep breath as if he was calming himself or centering himself perhaps, then released it slowly.

"Now, you know how this goes, feeling your chakra moving through your body, much like how you would summon it to use techniques."

Bending his knees he outstretched his hands, bring them up his body as he slowly stood back up, breathing in as he did.

"I understand what you were trying to tell me before with your breathing techniques, and in this instance it fits I believe."

Breathing in again he made sure to do so loudly, exhaling once more just as loudly. From the outside it might have looked strange what the two of them were doing, as one had been holding a water whip, and Masshiro looked like he was doing breathing exercise while holding a his weapon.

"Feeling your chakra at all of those points you are releasing it, your hands, your chest, your head, every point it's moving from you."

Sprinkles has written 142 posts
Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 7, 2024 21:56:42 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world

Toru was diving deep into his chakra pool, finding the place somewhere between control, and chaos. The peaks and valleys of the ocean that he held inside of himself. It was like waves, waves that rolled over a shore, that rose above ships in a rogue storm. But the point was not waves, he remembered Masshiro's words. He needed to obscure himself inside of the water too. He needed to sink beneath it all.

This is where the control came in. He had to still the water, make it like a flood. A tsunami. A wall that obscured everything, swept it all away.

So as he listened to Masshiro speak, he focused a little harder. He recalled the feeling where he had been closest to the right thing, and pursued it more. He pulled himself underneath the cascade of water, forced himself beneath the tide, almost held his breath at the sensation. Almost. But then he remembered he had to breathe, he could breathe. Nothing was stopping him from it.

He inhaled brashly, not the silent stoic leader as he took in the feeling all around him and continued to push, wanting to hear the words from Masshiro that everything was silent and he could see nothing and no one in the immediate area.

9/13 posts for training generally speaking

Han has written 2,374 posts
Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 9, 2024 15:43:43 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 16th of December rank S. Jounin occupation Operations Team
    The closer Toru came to grasping what he was attempting, the less he had to teach, and the less the two of them needed to interact. For now he was watching, quietly now, no more advice to give until it was needed. Even if Toru was some sort of genius that could grasp this concept perfectly and knew how to put it into action, he knew well enough that the human body, even of a well trained shinobi, would still need time to acclimate. The chakra networks were strong yet delicate within the body, and they had to be trained just as much as muscles did in truth, just like one learning proper chakra control had to be trained like proper reflexes.

This was certainly different than normal guidance, as it was easy to allow someone to mimic actions when showing ninjutsu or bukijutsu, but this was a lot of conceptual explanations. The only advantage he had was how well trained his sensory abilities were, and right now that was certainly coming in handy. He could feel the confidence Toru was gaining, the difference already from when they started, but more importantly he could feel all of the flaws.

Even through his biased view of such a young shinobi leading their village, he had still seen Toru as strong, only ever seeing his strengths when it came to his shinobi abilities, and this was the first time he had seen any real type of vulnerability. Learning, attempting, failing, trying again, struggling, it was familiar to everyone when they were trying to grasp a new concept, but to see it with a Kage, one who was the others assumed to be one of if not the strongest in the village to lead it was simply different. In his thoughts, he was thinking to this and that, comparing himself to Toru, and then it clicked he was getting accustomed to the wave of chakra coming off the Mizukage, and for a brief second he lost track of him in the sea of chakra, before him coming back shocked his senses with his massive chakra pool.

"You had it for a moment. I lost track of you just for a few seconds among all the chakra noise."

Staying focused again, he looked to Toru, but he could feel some of the ripples once more, and still Toru sitting right at the center of it all. His assumption was the strain had thrown his control off balance perhaps, but even managing that for a moment this quick was an impressive feat.

"It felt as if I was smacked in the head when you came back however, so be careful of that. With your large chakra pool, if you slip up using this in a real scenario, you will become like a lighthouse on the shore."
Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 9, 2024 21:45:33 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

The younger of the two opened his eyes briefly to address Masshiro when he spoke to show him that he was listening even if he was still lost in a turbulent ocean of chakra that was spilling out of him. He pulled some of it back for a moment as he listened. It seemed that for a moment he had managed to find success. Toru pondered standing there, thinking of when the moment had been. It had felt much the same, so something about what he had done was different for Masshiro to have lost him momentarily.

The problem was that he came back and had been as Masshiro said a 'lighthouse' something that he definitely wanted to avoid. There was little benefit to being a bright light on a dark shoreline. He had to avoid that if he could, this was the only time he felt that ripples could be attributed to this exercise. He had to take his chakra back slowly, carefully without being aggressive about it.

"I will try again."

So, Toru nodded lightly in acknowledgement of what the other had told him and he closed his eyes again beginning to dive deep once more into the chakra pools and all that they had to offer.

There was so much, but he would wade through as he always did and begin to do what he had been doing before. He needed to find that perfect sensation, the sensation of chakra escaping him in a perfect stream, muffling and drowning the rest of the world around him.

Where was that perfect place? He pushed and pulled, found peace and contemplation... But ultimately he waited for Masshiro to signal that he had found it.
10/13

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 10, 2024 15:00:54 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"Good"

Standing back from Toru, he began to pace, bouncing his weapon on his shoulder, but still hadn't taken his attention off the Mizukage. He wasn't sure how other shinobi from other villages were, but he couldn't imagine any had near the tenacity or sheer stubbornness of those from Kiri. Everyone he had trained with, was trained by, or had trained all were equally focused when it came to training, even those twins he would rather smack upside the head than deal with a second time. It was certainly a quality he could appreciate, and something that kept him focused in his own way, as well as managed to keep that bond with even if he could find nothing else in common with them outside of it. That sheer focused and willpower was something he was proud of in Kiri, proud of in his fellow shinobi, and proud of in himself.

For all he wanted to reach inside of Toru and grip his deep well of chakra and force it to do what they both wanted it to, he knew well enough that wasn't how it worked. This wasn't like his Bukijutsu training where he was hit again and again until he got it right, as the scar he bore showed how often he didn't. There was no forcing this, no short cut, and this was unfortunately more trial and error than he would have liked. From the perspective of the teacher in this scenario he wished desperately to have better knowledge to help, but Toru was a good student thankfully.

"I felt it, or more so I didn't feel it there again. How do I describe that..."

His eyes narrowed as he sighed, looking for the words.

"It felt deeper more than wide, but then it thinned and stretched, and wavered enough to feel you right in the middle once again."

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 15, 2024 12:01:51 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru kept on pushing and pulling, stretching the chakra out trying to create a veil. Thin, but not too thin. Just right, something that was like static that distorted Masshiro's vision of the world, of the spiritual world. Because what was being a sensor if not being able to look at the very spirit of other people? It was really an impressive thing, but for Toru? It was never something he would be able to accomplish. He lived in the physical world, and to work with the spiritual he had to utilize the extreme reserves he had to stop others from being able to see him and others... To distort spirituality with his own pool of it.

So he kept on, pushing, working hard to insure some kind of success and then Masshiro spoke.

His eyes opened to look at the other, a hint of frustration in the dullness of his gaze appeared. This was no easy feat, he realized that he would not be able to get it perfect immediately nor in this one training session. But he was getting close, that feeling was becoming more familiar with each attempt.

Far from perfect, but familiar.

"That seems to be an issue. I keep showing myself in the center of it all." He thought on it for a moment. "Perhaps I should try to focus on a smaller area at first."

11/13

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 15, 2024 20:02:54 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"I would agree; starting with a smaller area."

Though he was a bit far from Toru, relatively speaking, he plopped down on the ground, laying Uemori down next to him, still staring at Toru. This exercise in teaching at least felt like a proper affirmation as to why he had never attempting becoming a teacher or an instructor, or even attempting to lead any teams. The point was getting across to a degree, but he struggled to get the point across how he wanted to.

"It's what I had to do to improve my sensing abilities. When I started, when it naturally began to occur, it was no further than the space between us. Now, it's closer to a hundred meters even passively."

The feeling was noticeably different each time he focused on it, sometimes for the worse and others much improved, but he could tell now the differences in Toru trying and that he was able to control it to a degree. It was sloppy, which was to be expected, but it was also helping him realize other times he had felt this, unable to tell what exactly was happening and why. There were other shinobi he had fought that had likely been trying a similar technique in sloppy ways, making them light up like a beacon, but those that had done it successfully were a nuisance. He hadn't fully understood it at the time, but even sitting here, it was all starting to make more sense. That feeling of nothing, then an area of distortion as if it was from a person's chakra, yet no real source to it, and he could understand why, and in a sense the idea that others out there could master this type of technique was worrisome.

"If you can manage to make this technique work, you'll have a dangerous tool. I've taken my sensory skills for granted, I rely on them heavily, and if I had them taken away or made hard to use...I'd be at a major disadvantage. I would say anyone else with similar sensory skills would feel the same."
Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 16, 2024 19:50:13 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru thought about what Masshiro shared, a small distance that would slowly expand outward passively. Perhaps the problem was partially that he was pushing himself to a much larger area already, from the very beginning? He needed to reel his expectations back, like he often spoke about... Like he often practiced. He had to remember the importance of starting from ground zero and the practice of that ground zero. After all, performing the most basic kata was just as important as performing and practicing something more advanced and new.

With this new re-orientation he would let the water whip go, splashing the water that he had focused into his hand into a puddle on the ground and started to work on a bubble around him. A small area of effect in the immediate five or so meters, nothing exponential. Just enough to get it right.

His breathing was even and measured, well-practiced. His heart rate lowered as he focused on the most important thing - to get that 'flooding' feeling only within the immediate area and to make it drown out the sound of everything else. Spiritual sound anyway. He would know in due time because Masshiro would let him know. As he was letting him know now - through the static of it all - that this could become a dangerous weapon against others.

For Toru this was just as much about defense as it was about offense, but it was definitely good to hear.

12/13

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 18, 2024 20:44:05 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
    It was in times like these that he was reminded Toru's age and inexperience. For all the strength he had, for all the techniques he could use, he only had so many years behind him. Even the strongest of shinobi couldn't master every technique in a matter of years no matter how hard or often they trained. It was something he thought of rarely even in regards to himself. Often frustrated with how little it felt like he could do and comparing himself to others, when in reality he wasn't that old as a human being let alone as a shinobi.

That small bit of perspective caused him to step further back and reassess the situation even if he didn't physically move. For all that he was coming to grips further in this interaction with Toru about what he didn't know, he was still impressed with how strong he was with the things he did. His mastery of water, manipulating it for example in this case, was impressive. It seemed effortless, to a degree he was envious, watching the bubble form even if it was simply a bubble. It showed that even with such a massive well of chakra that Toru still had a strong control over his powers, which was surprisingly rare from his own experiences. 

"Whatever you are doing, right now, hold that."

Getting up and moving closer, he stood just a few feet in front of Toru and focused on him, blocking out everything else. Just outside of the range of his bubble, it was a curious feeling he was getting, still far from perfect, but unique in its on way.

"No where close to perfect, but this is the closest you've gotten so far. This right here, this should be your base point for improving this."

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 19, 2024 11:49:28 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru wondered what the difference was between sensory and what he was trying to do. Did they also layer their chakra naturally into an area? A thin veil to get perspective on the world, or was it different? Was the difference truly just a thin veil over a large ocean? He would never know what it felt like to have a veil over an area, he would always have a vast ocean he had been born with it, as many had thought to point out to the leader in the past.

He held the sensation when Masshiro pointed out that it was the closest he had gotten to success since they had started. He held it, he learned the feeling, and he tried to make it seem natural. Even though holding a bubble like this was very much unnatural, chakra was not usually used in this manner... Not with Toru. It was usually cultivated deep inside, before being expelled through a focused effort.

Toru held onto it for as long as he could until the control he had wavered a bit and he slowly but surely had to bring that bubble back, allowing it to recede from where it had been.

"I suppose I shall go with the bubble route when practicing going forward."

13/13

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 19, 2024 23:31:58 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"I can't speak to the bubble, but whatever helps you figure it out."

He wasn't one to talk about unorthodox methods of learning, and it wasn't as if this bubble was farfetched given the context, but it certainly looked amusing sitting inside a bubble all the same. He watched carefully, using all his willpower not to reach out like a child and pop the bubble just because. The sudden shaking and heavy waves of Toru's chakra snapped him out of his thought, tilting his head and giving a slight airy laugh.

"Tell me, how did that feel? Completely unnatural I would guess."

While he had never properly taught chakra control, sensory techniques, or trying to hide or counter them, he had described his sensory to others before. They were always curious, usually trying to lead into tricking him into talking about his Jaakugan. Everyone had a different experience, and in some cases it was interesting to hear the unique ways that others used their sensory compared to him, even if minimally.

"I can give some advice, for all it might help. When you're learning something like this, your default, out of habit perhaps, will be to sit still and meditate, but for me it helped to do the opposite. Trying and use this while doing other things, be it sword training, cooking food, reading, sparing, whatever is going to make it hard to focus only on that. When you do eventually stop, clear everything out, you'll be surprised how easier it starts becoming in those quiet moments without the distractions and noises."
Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 20, 2024 16:01:49 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

"Unnatural, definitely. It feels like a lot of pressure." He was not certain of why there was so much pressure but he figured it had something to do with not only the chakra reserves but also the fact that this entire ability that he was working on felt like unleashing an ocean. And oceanic pressures were nothing to joke about, Toru had more than once fought underwater against different kinds of enemies, including ones that had far greater adaptability to said water than himself. It felt like he was underwater when he was doing this, but perhaps it was because he was not yet adept at it. He was certain with enough training he would be.

Masshiro offered him some advice, particularly explaining that one should not meditate and stay still when trying to do this but rather trying to do this while in action. It made sense, after all Toru was unlikely going to be performing this regularly in total silence with no exterior pressures. It was best that he should learn how to do this while in action too... But a balance should be struck, he needed to understand and learn it well enough that he *could* do it while moving. That was the difficult part.

"I see, like carrying a heavy weight before picking up something lighter. It's easier." That was the best comparison he could come up with. It was much like weight training that some underwent, wearing extremely heavy weights and then removing them to peel away the layer and to really show how fast they could be.

"I will do my best to take your words and heed them."

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 21, 2024 1:12:45 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"Hm, pressure makes sense. I felt the same at first, even though it's technically an opposite technique."

He wondered if he could ever learn such a technique as hiding his chakra, even to a degree, but the more he felt the amount of chakra pouring off of Toru during all of this training, the more he was certain it would be at best incredibly default and at worst impossible. His reserves were nothing to the extent of anyone he knew that used similar techniques, and maybe that was simply some type of prerequisite for your body and your chakra to do what he was witnessing Toru do. Precise control to be able to sense chakra and immense amounts of reserves to unleash it in order to dampen your signature; it at least made sense in theory.

As far as his advice went, it was at least worked for him personally in learning to sense better, but again very different applications of similar techniques. At best, but much the rest of this training, it was a lot of theory and guessing based on pieces of knowledge here and there.

"Something like that. Sensing came more natural to me than just about anything else, so when I began forcefully training it I would do so while doing other activities. It didn't help as much at first doing it actively, but it strengthened my ability to do so passively by quite a lot over time."

Walking back and picking Uemori up again, he slung it back over his shoulder where it simply felt most comfortable.

"I'll try and study more on this and if you need any further advice, well we can try and put our heads together again and see if we can't figure this out better than simply trial and error."

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 24, 2024 12:05:14 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

It made sense to Toru that Masshiro's sensing came easily to him, it was likely not true of every Yamaguchi, but they all seemed to have an understanding of chakra signatures. So in this sense it was something that was quickly understood by the leader that Masshiro had felt himself naturally leaning into this sort of shinobi artform. It helped to enhance his eyes, the same way Daichi had worked to enhance his own sensory abilities...

That reminded Toru that he could also ask Daichi for some assistance in all of this even if the chunin was likely to freak out a bit at having his leader fall off the radar with a jamming technique such as this.

So as Masshiro grabbed up Uemori and slung it back onto his back and remarked about how later on they might come up with a better training plan if Toru ever needed it the jounin nodded slightly.

"I will call on you if it calls for it, but I appreciate the help you have provided thus far." He responded quietly, stretching his muscles a bit as Masshiro indicated that he would be leaving just by his words and posture. In truth, Toru needed to take a break it was no easy feat to do what he had been doing repeatedly for an extended period of time, especially since his muscles were not properly worked out for this type of thing, yet.

He inhaled deeply and looked towards the tower and then back to Masshiro.

"This is good bye for now then...? Be well."

Jamming Out [T | Masshiro]Jan 25, 2024 11:36:58 GMT -5
masshiro
masshiro Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
"We'll run into each other soon enough regardless, I'm sure."

He was proud of himself, to some extent at least, that he was able to help the Kage with something like this, and not just in that way that he was placated into thinking he was useful. The last thing he needed however was a padding to his ego, as it was getting him in enough trouble lately as it was.

"Glad I was about to help. Wasn't sure I'd have much to offer, but I have quite a lot to add to the notebook when I get home."

Patting at his hip, he shook the notebook hanging off his side by a thick chain. There were other places he had planned to troll and trundle about to see what everyone was up to, but a part of him was far more interested in rushing up and grabbing a pencil. There were a plethora of theories he wanted to take note of, potential sensory training of his own to plan, and a motivation he wasn't expecting. It was certainly something he was looking forward to more than watching a few people train in things he likely couldn't help much with.

"Be safe."

Pointing Uemori in the direction of where his apartment was, he gave a heavy stretch of his own and a wave, spinning his weapon as he wandered off in the direction of home.

[Exit]