Hide & Seek [Lesson]

compose a reply
Hide & Seek [Lesson]Dec 21, 2023 19:07:01 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Do what you want but know why you're doing it
Nara Shun Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 12 rank Academy Student occupation Academy Student

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

H I D E  &  S E E K

Konoha Shinobi Academy training grounds - 10:00

It was a Sunday and barely anyone was at the Academy, let alone the training area next to it. The only people going there were the ones scheduled for a private training lesson of sorts with one of the strongest shinobi in the village Kazuto - Senju, Kazuto.

It was a relatively warm but cloudy day. Every now and then you could hear the wind whistle and it looked like there might be a thunderstorm later in the day. People were out and about doing chores and shopping. Many businesses were closed on a Sunday so more people occupied the already bustling streets of Konoha. Regardless of the threat of rain, people seemed to be having a calm and happy day.

*Some rain might be good. It’s been way too hot, lately* Shun thought while kicking her feet forward as she approached the academy. She had a blue popsicle in her hand that she was eating while glancing up at the sky. Sometimes it was like the girl was in her own world. She often laid back on some rooftop or the backyard of her house and just watched clouds. It was calming and let her think about anything and nothing. Shun had done that ever since she could remember. Perhaps it helped her gather her thoughts or battle anxiety… who knew, but it felt nice.

She was dressed in a pair of black compression shorts and a simple, loose faded pink dress that looked more like a long, oversized tank-top with a waistline. There was a small Nara symbol on the front of it. At this point it seemed all her clothing might have the clan brand on it. It was also curious to think whose job it was to brand all the clothing - or was there a clothing line for the clan? Usually Shun wouldn’t be seen in dresses but her mom insisted she had been hanging out with her father too much and should stop only wearing pants. The girl had no strong opinions about style as long as the clothes were easy to wear, easy to keep and comfortable. Might as well wear more dresses.

Shun had reached the designated meeting place and, to her own surprise, was a bit early. Usually, the girl would sleep or otherwise procrastinate till the last second and then some. She’d leave too late, run most of the way and would pretend like she wasn’t running at the very end but it was always pretty obvious because of her panting and tired look. This day must have been special.

”Hmmm…” she hummed now having walked up a tree and sitting on a branch overlooking the clearing they were supposed to meet at. ”I wonder what we’ll have to do today…” she spoke aloud and took a bite out of the remainder of her popsicle.

Tag:
Shun: 395828

odango has written 60 posts
Hide & Seek [Lesson]Dec 26, 2023 10:39:05 GMT -5
Uzumaki Kohaku
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uzumaki Kohaku Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday Octbober 28th, 1003 rank Academy Student occupation Academy Student

I WILL PROTECT THOSE

Kohaku woke up early that morning, as he often did as of late, to begin his normal morning training. A simple 5k run through the village, and some basic calisthenics including push-ups, pull-ups, crunches, and squats. It would take him a little over an hour to finish his routine, after which the Uzumaki would go back inside and get himself some light breakfast of oatmeal and a banana.

Although he had already finished his own quick workout, there was a far more important task lined up for the day with his Sensei, Kazuto. Coincidentally, it seemed Kazuto was also fairly familiar with another student at the academy, a friend of Kohaku's, Nara Shun. She was a younger girl, more appropriately aged for someone in the academy, unlike Kohaku himself. But, even still, she girl was quite easy to get along with, and seemed to have a more mature head on her shoulders when it came to most outlooks. Today, these two would be training together with Kazuto, but as far as the actual activity of that training, Kohaku was still in the dark on.

He'd soon leave his house, heading down the the academy training grounds to meet the two before their training would actually begin.

"Ey, Shun!" Kohaku called over to the girl as he walked into the training grounds. "Kinda surprised to see you here on time. Early, no less." Kohaku joked with a light hearted chuckle before he set down his backpack and took off his jacket, heading into the center of the training grounds to begin some light stretching.

WHO CANNOT PROTECT THEMSELVES

Temp By: Akira

Matt has written 10 posts
Hide & Seek [Lesson]Dec 27, 2023 14:00:54 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

He had been waiting for some time. Patiently as if he were about to spring a trap on unsuspecting foes. Partly due his amusement, partly because he wanted to see how prepare his pupils were. He watched them reach the location one at a time, at first Shun and then Kohaku. One preocuppied on what was about to happen, the other on just reaching to the training in time before interacting with each other. He couldn't say that he was disappointed, they seemed to be just waiting but not paying attention, but he simply thinks of this as two students that are too used to the peace in the village.

"I arrived first." His desimbodied voice says before he seemingly meterializes from shadow and shade, standing under a tree. "So, technically you're both late." Kazuto says as he steps from the shadow, arms behind his back, as he regards both students with serious features. "Technicalities aside, I'm glad you both made it." The Senju replied as he would give them a faint smile before it would disappear "So, for today I thought that we could do an exercise of in keeping yourselves hidden from the enemy."

Kazuto began explaining. Trying to gauge their reactions on whether this lesson appealed to them or not. "In this occupation, being unseen by the enemy is an essential skill, in fact in many times choosing where and when to fight are more important that charging to the enemy." He said, taking a moment before looking back at them. "So, In short, you will try to conceal yourselves from me, use the village as a whole if you have to, or if you prefer you can try to find me when I hide. Pick your poison." He said with a shrug, awaiting for their choice.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,168 posts
Hide & Seek [Lesson]Dec 27, 2023 15:27:32 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Do what you want but know why you're doing it
Nara Shun Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday March 12 rank Academy Student occupation Academy Student

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES

- t h e  t a l e  o f -

H I D E  &  S E E K

The girl heard Kohaku's remark and had no rebuttal so all she could do was laugh. A chuckle escaped from the deepest parts of her throat. ”A first time for everything!” the girl called down to her school mate, before walking halfway down the tree trunk and then jumping down. Jumping all the way from the branch she was on was too high. The village of leaves had some huge trees scattered around and the forests right outside the village looked like they were on steroids.

”Yo, Kohaku! You ready for whatever Ka-” she had just about walked over to the young man before she heard a familiar voice. The girl tensed up and was inwardly grateful she hadn't gossiped about their teacher accidentally while thinking he was still on his way.

Shun looked behind her and watched a shadow manifest into Kazuto. ”Oh cool…” she muttered, *but also kind of much. Were we supposed to get here yesterday?* the Nara sighed inwardly. There were just some things that were too cool for her to do, probably.

”Glad to be here!” the raven-haired girl chirped and flashed a warm smile. Their teacher would explain what was on the agenda and Shun contemplated which option might be more doable. It also depended on what Kohaku wanted to do. The girl looked up at the other student and asked: ”Which one would you like to do? I'm leaning towards hiding… mainly because he was right next to us and I had no idea already…” Her point was that she had no sensory abilities so looking for someone as skilled as Kazuto would be like looking for a needle in a stack of needles. Shun might just as well go around and poke every surface and person that she sees. With that approach and the whole village being the playground, it would take her a week or more. However, if Kohaku was really set on searching, she would probably go along with it because it would seem too troublesome to argue about it.

”Umm, sensei?” the girl would live up to her status as a nosy Nara eager to know how things work: ”Is there a time limit? Also, what happens if you find us?” Somehow, asking the last question made her a bit nervous about the answer.

Words: 401
Tag:
Shun: 395828

odango has written 60 posts