Let me rest
Under your white down.

Don’t wake me, winter,
From blissful rest deep,
Let spring wake me
With its bright gown
Let spring wake me
With its bright gown~”

Accompanied by his shamisen, the blonde Gurē was singing. It was a folk song one of his grandmothers had taught him and felt fitting. The melody was in a minor key so it sounded a little solemn but the ends of the phrases were brighter so it wasn’t necessarily "sad” sounding. It was about nature falling asleep during winter time when the ground freezes. However, it could also be interpreted as the life cycle in general: death and rebirth, an end and a beginning.

It had gotten cold and Ren could clearly see his breath in front of him. It wasn’t too busy at the gates and he had arrived early. The mission was simple - travel to the jewel of Mizu no Kuni for some scrolls and return them to Kirigakure. It would probably be a two day trip so they would end up staying overnight in Gengetsu - it was something Ren was pleased about. Gengetsu was probably his favourite city in the country. It was modern and bustling with different wares from many places. It was a cultural hub and had some of the best shops, theatres and food in the country. Hopefully, the mission would be easy and the shinobi assigned would get a nice evening out of it.

Ren was dressed in long black - all of his clothes were black and long-sleeved except the flack jacket on top. He had two projectile holsters and a bag with a medical kit strapped to his back. As well, he had a backpack with supplies he would need overnight and his shamisen. Usually, the blonde doctor didn’t take the lute-like string instrument with him but he was counting on the mission being relatively easy. They had to collect the scrolls in the morning and head back.

Now all he was missing was his teammate - a Hozuki named Mizuki. Ren didn’t know them so he didn’t know what to expect but he knew some rumours about the clan abilities. So, he would wait… and play in the meantime. The blonde had studied music for years and sounded quite skilled.

TAG : || WORDS : 403 || NOTES : 1/15

simple thread template no jutsu by odango

odango has written 6 posts
The Manifest [Mission | Mizuki]Jan 15, 2024 0:19:10 GMT -5
Hōzuki Mizuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hōzuki Mizuki Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
As Ren's melodious voice filled the air with the haunting beauty of his folk song, the atmosphere at the village's main gate seemed to undergo a subtle transformation. The early morning chill carried the notes of his shamisen and lyrics like whispers through the crisp air. It was an unusual sight for those passing through the gate, one that elicited curious glances and, occasionally, appreciative smiles.

Among those drawn to the enchanting melody was Mizuki, the Hozuki shinobi who had been assigned as Ren's teammate for the mission. Dressed in their typical warm jacket, scarf, and furry boots, Mizuki slowly approached the gate with a sense of curiosity, doing their best not to interrupt the song. Their steps fell in sync with the rhythm, and as they drew closer, they couldn't help but admire the skillful and soulful performance.

The song itself held a certain melancholic charm, reminiscent of the changing seasons, the ebb and flow of life, and the perpetual cycle of nature. Ren's voice, combined with the ethereal notes of the shamisen, created a mesmerizing effect, transporting those who listened to a world where time moved in harmony with the music.

As Ren's song reached its conclusion, Mizuki offered a warm and appreciative smile and gave a small applause. "That was awesome," they commented, their voice soft and gentle. "It's not every day you meet a shinobi that can play an instrument and sing."

Mizuki took a moment to observe Ren, appreciating his attire and the shamisen he held. The instrument had an elegant and traditional appearance, hinting at the reverence with which it was likely treated by its owner. The strings and wood seemed well cared for, reflecting the dedication Ren must have for both his music and his duties as a shinobi.

"I'm Mizuki, by the way," they introduced themselves with a friendly nod, reaching out with their right hand to shake their temporary companion’s hand. "I heard about our mission to Gengetsu. I’m hoping the city isn’t too busy this time of year, I’m not a big fan of crowds."

With a quick glance around the gate and a momentary pause, Mizuki added, "I guess it’s just us, so once you’re packed up we should be good to go"

For this particular mission Mizuki packed a medium sized black backpack with snacks for the trip, it was only a two day trip but you never knew when you’d get hungry on these missions that required large trips to big cities. Other than that they had packed relatively light for the trip, they didn’t expect for it to turn into a big fight or anything, they were basically just a glorified mailman right now.

Mizuki's gaze turned to the horizon, where the first hints of daylight began to emerge. They couldn't help but feel a sense of warmth as the rays of sunshine hit their face and they awaited the commencement of their mission with a newfound comrade.
has written 71 posts